• Published 12th Mar 2012
  • 1,014 Views, 17 Comments

When Worlds Collapse - MoonShine



An alternate ending to 'When Worlds Collide'

  • ...
 17
 1,014

High tension

Chapter 5: High tension

Last chapter: “Kieron’s gone evil, he’s helping the Grand Master, and I’m here because Moonshine came here to blow this place up, but she never came back, do you know where she is?” she asks him quietly.

“Yes, they’re in the prison, she’s with another pony called Colgate, I can lead you there without facing Kieron or Mathis. This way.” He replies before leading her into the dark corridor and towards the prison area of the facility.

As Zeldax leads twilight closer to the prison area a noise is heard from outside, two Havoc mechs on quad legs were unloading a large container, as the noises stop and they start to walk towards the Everfree forest, Mathis begins to talk through the speakers which sound through the whole facility apart from the prison area, “My core has been unloaded, sir. Moving it to the old, abandoned castle in the Everfree forest, whilst the transfer is in progress, I will temporarily be unable to communicate with you or do any surveillance.” He says before cutting off as the core is unplugged completely and the mechs walk away with the core in their grasp.

Twilight looks at Zeldax who never returns glance, they both then wait a little before Zeldax continues onwards, “Now’s your chance to get them out, Mathis won’t see you. Just follow the corridor to the end and turn left.” He says before patting her on the back and heading back to the main room.

Twilight watches as he disappears into the darkness, she looks the other way to look at the end of the corridor to where he said and makes her way there. As she gets closer to the prison she hears Zeldax’s voice, “Over there.” He says quietly from the darkness, Twilight immediately thought he was betraying her and picks up the pace towards the prison.

When she gets there she tries to open the door but it’s locked, she pushes it but it doesn’t budge, she looks about for a way in, as she looks she peeks her head round the corner to looks down the corridor and gets a glimpse of a figure, she pulls herself back so she isn’t seen, as she thinks of what to do she can start to hear footsteps from the corridor, someone’s coming.

She looks about frantically as she footsteps get closer, she looks up to see a small window, she climbs up to looks through and can see Moonshine on the bench with Colgate next to her, now that she knows what she’s looking for she closes her eyes and pictures the room in her head and uses her magic to teleport her into the room, just as the remains of the teleport spell disappears the figure turns the corner and looks about.

Inside the room a quiet noise can be heard, Moonshine and Colgate look up quickly to see Twilight teleport into the room, “Twilight, what are you doing here, I told you to get everypony out of Ponyville.” Moonshine says as she gets up only to go limp a little from her wound but then gets up and walks over to the bars with Colgate right behind her.

“You were taking too long, I’ve come to get you, but we have to be careful, someone was right behind me when I teleported in here.” She replies as she uses her magic to quietly open the lock on the door, then open the door letting them out, once out they all look for a way out of the room without going out of the door twilight came through as the figure might still be there.

As they look about the click comes from the door making them all stop still and quickly look over to the door, the door clicks again but slightly louder, then again, and again, clicking more rapidly and more loudly, it clicks several times more before a loud bang comes from it, it sounds like someone’s trying to get in the room but then it stops and some footsteps can be heard.

“Has it gone?” Colgate asks, Moonshine holding her before looking into her eyes.

“I think so.” She replies before letting go and helping look for a way out, as they search a faint noise is heard from outside the room, it sounds like something charging up, Twilight slowly walks over to the door, puts her ear against it and listens, the noise getting louder slightly, she then climbs up and peek through the window to see something glowing and pointing at the door, her eye grow large as she notices and dives to the side as the noise stops and the door flies off its hinges causing the wall to buckle slightly from the great force that hit it.

Twilight quickly gets up and rushes over to the others and stands in front of them protectively, the figure enters the room and out of the dust and looks about, Twilight immediately relaxes before rushing over to the figure, “PRINCESS CELESTIA!” she shouts in relief, the other then making their way over to her, Celestia in full power armour.

“Twilight, Moonshine and your friend, I’m glad you’re safe...” she says in a calming voice, “I saw you entering here and read your letter, is it true?” she as Twilight as she lowers down to her height.

“Yes, it’s true, Kieron has turned on us and is helping the Grand Master once again.” Twilight replies, “Why didn’t you reply to my letter?” she questions.

Celestia looks away for a bit, “I’m sorry, it’s not like me to sleep in, I had a long night and had slept in late and so I never got your letter whenever you sent it.” She replies as she looks back at Twilight.

“I think we should get out, Kieron will surely have heard that noise.” Moonshine interrupts the conversation as she barges past to head out into the corridor and looks about cautiously for anything suspicious, “All clear.” She says back to them.

“No need everyone, he isn’t in the facility anymore...” Zeldax calls out over the speakers, “I have just found his dairy in the main room, and it isn’t good. Luna’s in trouble.” He explains. ‘Tia looks about as she listens, her helmet folding back as she looks to the ground before hearing Luna’s name.

“Luna? Oh god.” She exclaims before dashing off to the main room, the others following close by, Moonshine flying to stop the pain slightly more than walking.

When they get to the main room they can see Zeldax stood over the main console with a book in his hands, they rush over to him and he pushes the book so the side on the console so that they can see, ‘Tia walks up to him and starts to read the book, the other stood behind waiting.

As she read through it she can be heard gasping and exclaiming, “Oh god.......no........oh no.....LUNA!!” she finishes before rushing off at full speed out of the facility with the other taking a few seconds to react but then follow her out.

<Canterlot, Celestia’s room>

Kieron suddenly appears in the room with the Grand Master as they teleport into the room, “This is Celestia’s room, Luna’s isn’t far. Shall we?” Kieron says to the Grand Master who looks about at the fine bedroom before leaving with Kieron at the lead. When they exit the room some guards immediately notice the GM and charge them, he lifts his cane causing them to lift up into the air, he them grabs the cane with his other hand and holds it horizontally which holds the two guards against the side walls and then bones starts to crack as a force pulls them apart, soon ripping them apart limb by limb.

Kieron watches as he fidgets and is giddy like a little child, the GM then looks back at Kieron, points ahead and he takes the lead, they soon come to Luna’s room, Kieron stands at the door and puts his ear against it, “She’s here.” He says before pushing a button on the back of his neck causing his power armour to unfold around him.

He then puts his arms out to the sides before laser blade emit from them and he swipes at the edges of the door causing them to fall down but stay standing as the hinges are completely demolished, he kicks them causing them to fly back into the room, Luna diving out of the way to dodge them, she uses her magic to pick up a table and throw it at him, he swings an arm cutting the table into two halves both falling to the sides of him.

The GM steps into the room with his cane pointing at Luna, “Ah, Princess Luna. You will be the help to our victory.” He says before using it to lift her us into the air, she uses her magic to hit him with a force that causes him to let go and her landing on the ground but before she could get back up Kieron was pinning her down, the GM then walks over to them and comments, “Come with me, you won’t be hurt....much.” before lifting his cane slightly and causing a glow to emit in the centre of the room, he then steps into the glow with Kieron holding Luna close behind, some guards spot them just as the glow fades away.

“NOOO!” one guards shouts as he dives for the glow but passes right by as the glow completely disappears, “PRINCESS!” he shouts as he gets up and looks at where the glow was, “She’s gone....we need to tell Celestia, right now.” He says to the other guards before they both run off to find her.

Just as the guards leave then room Celestia is running up the corridor towards them in full armour, “Guards, please tell me Luna’s still in there.” She says frantically and worried. The guards both shake their heads and she pushes past to look into Luna’s room, she stands at the doorway and looks into the room, Luna nowhere to be seen.

“No....no, please, why Luna?” she asks herself as the other quickly appear behind her; she falls to her knees as she starts to fill up.

“Princess, I’m sorry.” Twilight tries to reassure as she lies down next to ‘Tia and rests against her, the other stood watching.

“I’m sorry to be rude at such a time but we need to set up defences if we are to have a chance.” Zeldax says in a deep voice. She looks up at him and quickly stands to come face to face with him as she doesn’t like his idea at first but only wants nothing more to get her sister back.

After a little while she comes to terms with his idea and knocks slowly, “Fine, we need defences, Zeldax you go back to the facility and take control of it, even try to make a new AI that could help us or anything, we’ll start to set up the defences from the war....hopefully they still work.” She orders as Zeldax bows before running off, her and the other then rush off to start setting up the defences stated.

<Orbit of planet>

The IRIS ship, Fenrir, hovers above the planet as it slowly moves in the calmness of space. The ship is huge, about three kilometres in length, possibly more.

On the bridge the Grand Inquisitor is sat in a large chair, as he looks down at the planet through the glass flooring Kieron and the GM walk in, Luna tightly in Kieron’s grasp with a knife against her neck.

“Grand Inquisitor, we have her.” The GM claims as he bows to him, the chair swings round and the old man looks at them before slowly getting up and walking over to them, he pats the GM on the shoulder to congratulate him and then walks over to Luna.

“So, this is one of the ‘princesses’, my how.....quaint.” he says to her, she growls at him whilst jerking forward to try and get him but Kieron pulls her back and pushes the knife against her coat, “Now, now Kieron. I want her alive, not dead.” He says calmly.

He looks into her eyes whilst he admires her fine mane, “I think you will do fine for our little plan.” He says before waving a hand to tell Kieron to take her away, Kieron and the GM then walk out of the room and he looks down at the planet once more before saying to himself, “This planet WILL be mine.”