• Published 12th Mar 2012
  • 1,015 Views, 17 Comments

When Worlds Collapse - MoonShine



An alternate ending to 'When Worlds Collide'

  • ...
 17
 1,015

The Rebirth

Chapter 10: The rebirth

Last chapter: “I’ll do it, but on one condition, I get to have my birthday now darling.” She accepts but only on one term. He looks at Claire then back at her.

“It is your birthday? If I had known then I would have had something organised for you, my apologies, please go with Claire she will take you to a place where we can give you a fine party.” He says before sitting back down and Claire walks over to Rarity, ask her to follow and walks out of the room with Rarity following.

A TV screen lights up in front of the GM with Mathis on the screen who then says, “Sir, we have trouble, Rarity’s birthday will have to wait, I have detected ships on the other side of Equestria, they’re back.”

The GM is stood in is room staring at the screen with the leading ship of IRIS on the opposite side of Equestria, the leading ship is ¾ the size of the Fenrir but is by far almost as powerful, it was the Spectre with four destroyer class IRIS ships following it, the GM stares and watches as a smaller image of Kieron in the ship factory appears on the screen.

“Sir, the Malevolence is completed; I am getting them to give it a test run before being put into service.” He says before quickly turning round to watch the large ship exit the factory slowly, the engines droning loudly as it passes by Kieron, “With the Fenrir in orbit and the Malevolence we should have a relatively good resistance to any force that those ponies put up.” He adds.

The GM then replies, “Good but we have a much more dire matter, IRIS have returned.” he then lifts his hand and presses into the image of the IRIS ships and drags them over the image Kieron then let’s go causing the image to disappear, the image of the ships then appears on Kieron’s screen, he watches as he can see the ships come to Manehattan, the ships charge up their weapons and quickly send the city back to the stone-age.

“Sir, I will start to get production into full blow.” Kieron says but he is stopped by the GM.

“No, I want production to be at normal speed, they won’t attack right away, they haven’t got a tactic yet, start the productions now but don’t work them too hard, I want good quality equipment.” He orders before cutting the connection.

“More scotch, Thomas?” Claire asks as she walks up to him and puts a hoof on his shoulder, he looks back to her and puts a hand on her face.

“No, not yet, I must go see how our guess, Luna, is doing, she has been awfully quite lately.” He replies as he slide his hand off her face and turns to walk out of the room, “If you wish to accompany me then so be it.” He says before heading out, she quickly makes up her mind and follows him.

<Canterlot>

Celestia is walking out in the park, as she is out a guard runs up to her and pulls out a little holographic screen on which Veronica appears on, “Princess, I have some bad news, SKULL or as they are now known, SEA have got a ship completed and are producing forces.” She explains, Celestia walks past a tree and looks over to Cloudsdale to see the Malevolence flying up into the sky, “There’s more princess, there is a reason for it, I have detected more ships over in the other direction, they are IRIS.” She adds as Celestia looks the opposite direction but can’t see anything, as she looks back to the Malevolence she can see the front of the ship gone and the cloaking working its way back, the plating on the ship flipping so cloak it.

She looks down to Ponyville to see it fine and dandy, she then heads into the castle with the guard following, the guard now and then looking at the missing wing checking the wound to see how it is holding, they soon come into the castle and immediately head upstairs.

<Cloudsdale, Luna’s house>

The GM and Claire walk into Luna’s house, “Princess, your power is required once more.” He bluntly says as he enters, she is sat on her balcony looking at Canterlot.

“I’m up here!” she calls down to him, he looks up the stair and slowly makes his way down after telling Claire to stay downstairs. Once upstairs he knocks on the door which creeps open slightly, he enters and can see her sat; he walks up next to her and sits on the balcony edge with her next to him, “Why must we fight?” she asks sorrowfully.

“Because there are evil people out there, like me, I only want to take this world so that I have a home to live without any danger. IRIS wants to take it for a base to create large weapons and to kill you all, I’m afraid that fighting and war are a fact of human life.” He explains as he looks at and as she stares at the castle in the distance.

“I wonder if ‘Tia can tell me if I have what it takes to finish her off, she is wounded, I can take her.” She says but he puts a hand on her shoulder.

“Not yet, you will be, we just need to weaken her more, for now I need you to supply power to that weapon on the Fenrir again. Would you mind?” he asks calmly, she looks at him before knodding slightly then looking back at Canterlot, an explosion in the distance can be seen, it was a large blue explosion, “IRIS, they’re using Element X bombs, we need to act fast and weaken them so they can’t use them, otherwise we might not be seeing tomorrow.” He adds before raising his cane and teleporting the two of them and Claire aboard the Fenrir.

<Mech hanger>

Kieron gets into Ambush and closes the core, “Sir, I am going to take three mechs with me to forward scout the enemy force.” He says before activating his mech and heads out of the hanger with the three others following him, once out, they quickly charge up their boosters and skid across the central area of Cloudsdale before lifting into the air and flying towards the IRIS ships which are now in sight from Canterlot.

They soon reach the airspace over Ponyville and Havoc mechs start to open fire on them but they dodge all the shots as they pass right over, the mechs stop as they notice that Kieron isn’t even bothering with them but are heading for the IRIS ships, in Kieron’s mech an image of Veronica appears, “I know you are the enemy but I will spare two mechs to help you with attacking them.” She says but he refuses the offer and cuts her off.

They quickly reach the ships and jet fighters pour out of the ships, Kieron and the others dodging and flying about whilst returning fire taking down some jets, as they continue to battle the Spectre’s main gun charges up whilst turning to aim at Kieron, he turns to see it but returns to destroying jets, as the main gun gets to full power it locks-on to him but then a large beam hits it from above, passing right through it causing it to fall down and land, Kieron looks up to see the beam coming from space, Luna must have powered the weapon to full capacity, the beam was much larger than normal.

The remaining two IRIS ships start to head back to Manehattan as they underestimated the force that SEA presented here, the ship that is landing crashes into the ground but once it hits the ground it locks down and mechs start to set up a perimeter around it along with some jets patrolling around it. Kieron and the others then head back to Cloudsdale; Kieron drifts off though by going to Canterlot instead to deliver a message.

<Canterlot, Celestia’s room>

Celestia gets to her room and quickly rushes over to the balcony to see the ship dug into the ground with the mechs surrounding it, these mechs weren’t Havoc mechs, they were Devastators, they are quad legged with a core that is dome shaped with dual autocannons on both side, and they have two missile pods on the back of them.

As she watches she turns round and goes to head for the TV, as soon as she is an inch from pressing the button some gunshots can be heard from outside, she turns flank and slowly heads for the balcony again, as she gets closer the gunshots get more rapid and some of the rounds wiz past her window, as soon as she steps out onto it Ambush pops up out of nowhere and grabs onto the sides of the balcony, the core then opens and the guard from inside starts to fire at Kieron who puts his hand up to block them with his armour on, he walks forwards calmly and hands a letter to Celestia who picks it up with her magic, surprised to see him here without attacking her.

He gets back into Ambush, the guard ceases firing and Ambush flies off back to Cloudsdale, she heads inside and opens the letter, she begins to read aloud, “Dear Princess Celestia, I am writing this letter in an offer of truce, IRIS has returned and I fear that we will need all the power we can get, you and me both, I will try to fend them off for now till you come up with an answer, any units that your forces destroy till then are excused, but please make up your mind quickly, I don’t have all year. Yours sincerely, Thomas Percival Naythorpe (Grand Master).

She puts the letter down and sits on a chair, the guard walks over to her and looks at the letter, she sits and thinks about it, “What shall I do? SEA now want to join forces with me to help defeat IRIS but I can’t trust them, once IRIS is gone they will only turn on us, with IRIS out of the way they will easily defeat us. I don’t know what to do. If I join then we may have more chance of surviving now, they will protect us...hopefully.” she says to herself.

She gets up and walks onto the balcony and thinks about it, “The fate of Equestria hangs on this decision and I don’t know what to do...” she adds as she looks at the retreating ships then at the mechs heading for Cloudsdale.

-----

Author's notes: Here is a small chapter before I go on holiday, I won't be publishing anything for two weeks now.
I leave the decision up to you, shall Celestia accept the truce or shall she reject it and hope the ponies of Equestria can fend for themselves?