• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 651 Views, 12 Comments

Ballad Of The Princess' - Feather Quill



Have you ever wondered about our two mysterious rulers? How they grew up? Why they lived so long? Well then, you're in luck.

  • ...
5
 12
 651

Bitter Rejection

Celestia sat on her bed, looking out the window. Her father made a beautiful night, Luna always loved the night. Celestia smiled at the thought of stargazing with Luna and her father. He would use his magic to make the stars dance, and the moon bounce around. They couldn't stargaze in the winter though, the nights got extremely cold.
Celestia started at the stars till the moon reached a certain place in the sky, telling her it was time to see Discord. Before Celestia could get out of bed, her head began to spin with terrible thoughts. "What if I wake up Luna? What if father see's me? What if Discord was just playing a prank?"
Celestia shook her head to erase it of the thoughts. She took a deep breath and reassured herself. "It's fin Tia, Discord must really like you."
After going over this thought a few times, she took the first step out of bed. The floor made a soft creak as Celestia's hoof touched it. Celestia gulped and shot a look at Luna. Luna was still fast asleep, holding her stuffed bat toy.
Celestia sighed with relief and walked towards the door. She peeked one last look at her sister, just to make sure everything was clear. She then looked down the hall in search of life. Nopony was there, just a little mouse with a tiny piece of bread.
Celestia breathed another relived sigh, and began to walk carefully down the hall towards the stairs. Right before reaching the staircase, Celestia heard a small voice from behind her. "Tia? What are you doing up?"
Celestia spun around, and made eye contact with the pony. Luna was standing in their doorway, the stuffed bat still in her hoofs.
Celestia gulped and looked towards the ground with a loud, irritated breath. "You got me Luna. Go tattle on me, tell dad everything...."
Luna looked at her sister, puzzled. "Why would I want to tattle on you? I'm an irritating little sister, not a mean one!" Luna laughed at her sister.
Celestia looked at her younger sister, a smile spread across her face. "Really? You wont tell mother or father I was sneaking out?"
Luna crossed her chest and looked away from her sister. "I never even saw you. I was asleep all night, dreaming about candy."
Luna then trotted back into their bedroom, and shut the door behind her. Celestia smiled at how nice her younger sister was to her. It was wonderful that they had such a wonderful relationship.
Celestia turned, and went on her way to the servants quarters.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Celestia rounded her final corner. She was only a few doors away from Discord. She smiled to herself, very proud that she made it all the way to the servants quarters. She was so pleased with herself as she bounded down the hallway, that she didn't see where she was going.
Celestia jumped right into another pony. Celestia fell back with a soft "Oof!" Her head was spinning and she felt a little dizzy from being bumped back.
Before she could get up, a surprised voice spoke to her. "My goodness! Tia, are you alright?"
A firm hoof grabbed under her, and placed her back upright. Celestia was finnaly able to see who had helped her up. She blushed with glee seeing the strong stature of Discord standing before her.
Discord was smiling was well, staring deeply into Celestia's eyes. "My my, first your sister and now you! Who will I have to pick up next, your mother?"
Celestia blushed even deeper, as Discord placed a loving hoof around her neck. Discord smiled as Celestia slunk back into the hug, with a soft sigh.
Discord began to speak, in his soft tone she first heard him with. "I'm so happy you came, before I give you the gift, do you mind answering my question?"
Celestia nodded, not showing any signs of wanting the hug to stop. Discord breathed out, and spoke the amazing words. "Do you... um like me? Because... I like you. A lot...."
Celestia gasped at the question and pulled away from the hug, her entire face red. "You like me? Really?"
Discord nodded and rubbed his hoof. "Of course. Your kind, smart, and beautiful."
Celestia smiled and put her nose almost right next to his. "Of course I like you Discord."
Discord's face lit up and a smile stretched from ear to ear. His voice was much stronger now. "Then now I can give you your gift."
Discord began to lean forward, in attempt for a kiss. Celestia was caught of guard, and pulled away, putting her hoof in the way of his lips. "What are you doing! I'm to young!"
Discord turned paler and looked at Celestia with sad eyes. "I thought.... I thought you like me?"
Celestia started at Discord, eyes in a sad shape. "I did, until you tried to kiss me.... I didn't think you'd be one of those guys. But you are."
Celestia turned around, and ran down the hallway and rounded a corner. Discord stared on, tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry..." Discord said as he walked back into the small servants quarters.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"No! No I don't want to hurt her!" Discord yelled at the mysterious black mist. He didn't know where he was, all he saw was black, black all around.
The mist only sighed and rushed towards Discord. "Why? Why don't you want to hurt her? Didn't she play with your heart? Didn't she say she liked you?"
Discord put his head down as his eyes began to water. "It must of just been a misunderstanding, because she never truly like me I guess...."
The mist laughed and circled the crying colt some more. "No, I heard her say she liked you. She was just messing with you, trying to make you believe you where worth nothing!"
Discord rubbed his tears, and sniffled. "I am a little mad... but I don't know what I can do to feel better. My heart hurts... can you make it stop?"
The mist wiped Discord's tears and gave a slight chuckle. "I can make it stop hurting, I can make you feel better. I can make you more then better."
Discord looked up at the blackness around him. "You can? How?"
The mist only laughed again, spinning around in the darkess. "Let me make you better. Just say yes, and I can work my magic."
Discord looked again at the dark ground, a smile in his lips. "Do everything to can."
The mist rushed towards Discord, filling him with blackness. In a split second, Discord knew he never should of trusted the black mist.
The mist began to grow, as did Discord. His face became longer and his horn turned purple and twirled. He could stand on two feet, and his mane became straight and black. Lastly, his pupils became red. Red as blood.
The mist marveled at it's creation. "You will have to take parts from other animals to make yourself complete."
Discord's smile grew wide and an evil laugh escaped his lips. "I am Discord! God of chaos! I am better! Discord whipped around and smiled at the black mist. "I should go have a little chat with King Midnight and Queen Sun Beam."
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sun Beam yelled as she was shot against the wall. Her fire like white and red coat dimmed and her eyes shut. Her horn began glowing a bright gold, trying to fend of the attacker.
Meanwhile Midnight was air born, his black misty starlight coat had bare patches. His eyes where tired as he shot bolts at the strange pony doing the attacking. "Stop right now! We don't want to kill you Discord! Fight back at the mist, this isn't you!
Discord only laughed and clapped his hoofs again, which sent a giant boot rocketing towards Midnight. "Oh no no. You see, you little brat daughter Celestia basically ripped the heart from my chest, so I plan to do the same with hers."
His laugh echoed around the castle as he quickly dodged Sun Beam's attack.
"Why don't you just bust out those stupid little... Elephants of Armory or whatever." Discord said with a high level of sarcasm in his voice.
Solar Beam pulled herself up of the ground with a snarl. "Their called the Elements of Harmony, but we will not use them against you!"
Discord laughed so hard he cried, he had to make a tissue appear to wipe his tears. "That's hilarious! I want to kill you and your daughters, but you still wont use those elements!"
Discord's laugh was stopped short when two strong hoofs knocked him to the ground. Midnight at nose dived right at Discord with all his force.
Discord rubbed his head, and gave a terribly mean glare at the king and queen. "Okay, I see that you will not die easily, so I will make you a deal. Fly somewhere far away, and take your daughters with you. Just continue raising the sun and moon."
Midnight was in a rage as he pawed the ground. "How dare you ask me to abandon Equestria! I'll fight until I die, and I'm not ready!"
Before the night king could run towards his doom, Sun Beam walked between the two. Even in a mangled state, she still carried herself with grace. "Midnight. If we don't leave then he will kill the girls."
Discord nodded at he couple, a hint of evil in his eyes. "The lady is right. If you won't use the elements against me, then this is your only choice."
Midnight was still enraged, but he didn't charge the attacker. He simply stiffened, watching his wife speak with this terrible pony.
Sun Beam walked towards Discord, with each step the monster pony's eyes became sadder. "Discord, you are not like this. In the brief time I spoke with you, you where a shy and gentle pony. Please, we know you can't change from this form, but come back as the Discord we know and love."
Discord only walked away, not looking back. "Just take your nasty little brats and get away from me."
Sun Beam sighed, she knew that Discord wasn't completely taken over from the mist. It was that reason why she and Midnight wouldn't use the elements.
Sun Beam turned towards her husband, who had begun to bleed. "Get the girls, I know the perfect place to stay."

Author's Note:

Hehe!

Comments ( 5 )
Comment posted by Sidekick815 deleted Jan 3rd, 2014

3610939 I am actually speaking with a editor that may edit this story for me, thanks for the feedback :pinkiehappy:

I like the way the story is going, try to put more detail though. Other than that it's great and I can't wait for more :pinkiehappy:

Poor Discord, he didn't know. Nice job unintentionally breaking it, Celestia! Doubt you ever apologized for what you did. :twilightoops:

Interesting story, I'd like to see where you take this.:coolphoto:

Login or register to comment