• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 2,219 Views, 94 Comments

Nightshade Squad - Grape Crush



When you bring Halo into Equestria, hilarity ensues. When you bring in Red vs Blue in with that? You're pushing boundaries. When the one person you least expect is behind it all? Prepare everyony! Comedy is coming!

  • ...
16
 94
 2,219

Chapter 13: Enemy of the State

Deep inside the Everfree Forest, where nopony has dared to venture, an ancient evil stirs, the new arrivals igniting it's presence with their ways. Earthquakes shook the ground, timberwolves ran for cover, trees falling all around the epicenter, the one who emerges is a unicorn. Hell bent on destroying Equestria's life as they know it. Another pony, a unicorn, rose up beside him, speaking a dark ominous voice.

"Sir, what awakens us?" The unicorn, who is presumed to be the leaders right hand buck.

"Evil, I feel it all around us, somepony or ponies with evil in their hearts broke my seal, I have been waiting for this day for a millennium." Turning around he faced his partner, horn glowing with a black light. "You shall be my scout Striker, do not let the princesses know of your presence, for I fear they already know we arose. I will awaken our brethren and together with the help of this evil presence we shall bring Equestria to it's knees, me and you will have our rightful place." Striker nodded once and teleported away. The unicorn began to chant a mysterious spell, unknown by anypony of this time. The ground began to shake again as torn apart remains of ponies began to rise up...

"Let us be free my brethren!"


"Tom, wait for me!" I yelled in the angry stallion's direction. Hoping he would at least slow down for a bit. Seeing as that was not the case, I tried to keep up with him, but due to my small size I couldn't decrease the gap. My stubby legs were not helping my case at all, I kept tripping over things, hoping I didn't lose him. The sound of half stomping half running could be heard a mile away though, so my worries vanished along with my energy. I was trying to keep up with him, not only for whoever Jake was, but for Melissa as well.

Tom turned around as I got closer, he glared at me. I noticed he now had two guns on his back, side by side.

"What do you want child?" He asked menacingly. I wasn't caught off guard by anything but that he called me a child.

"I'm a child? A child! Let me tell you something fucker, I created armor, I'm from the future, and I am sure as Tartarus that I have done more than you." My small filly voice didn't help me, but I got the point across.

"You still seem like a child, and I have saved my world from... Well that's classified." I've heard the term before, but most ponies just used "it's a secret".

"So then you've done nothing, is what you're telling me?" I said with a smirk.

"You know what..." He growled at me, his horn glowing with... Power? A few seconds afterward a rocket launched itself from his large gun. Impacting me but not blowing up, instead it bowled me over and roared past me. I felt everything slipping away, my vision began to darken. That bitch, shot me, after what I was doing for him.

"I was... Trying... To help... you," my breathing becoming erratic as I fought for consciousness. The stallion now visibly stunned was trying to help me up... Wait what?

"What... are you... doing?" I asked, my vision darkening.

"I act on impulse, sorry..." Really? That was all he could say?

"Fuck... you!" I hardly managed, slipping away from the light even more. Although with my gaze locked on him I could see him wince, that doesn't make up for anything though.

"You're lucky that I have this modified, otherwise you would have blown up on impact." Tom said, on the verge of looking like he was going to cry, damn, he could hide his emotions well. The headache began to hurt more and my surroundings continued to get dimmer.

"Don't... hurt... your... brother... it... wasn't..." Everything went black.


Tom stared at my limp body, he looked stunned by the new news, even though he didn't get to hear the whole thing. He let my body fall with a soft *thump* against the ground, he looked in the distance and the rest of the ponies excluding Tex and Church came running in our direction.

"Tom!" Melissa yelled, "What did you do?" The guns on Tom's back disappeared, no longer was he feeling emotion.

"I shot her," he stated simply, with no remorse for his actions.

"You what!?" Melissa screamed.

"I shot her with my rocket launcher, she should be fine though, it didn't blow up on impact."

"Tom... If she blacked out then obviously she isn't fine! You idiot! What happened to keeping low?" Melissa broke a fuse and started ranting.

"Look Melissa, I'm not sure if you noticed, but I'm not ready to break up the family yet, so while you yell at yourself, I'm going to go talk to Jake."

"I only said that to try a different emotion, Jake never actually said any of those things..." Melissa trailed off.

A shadow, not seen by pony eyes, slipped into Tom.

"You... Lied... To me... About... That!? You ignorant whelp, can't you go one time without joking!?" Melissa had tears in her eyes.

"Is that all I am to you? A whelp? Nothing?" Melissa cried.

"No... No... No! I have no idea what came over me to say that," Tom moved to help his sister.

"Get away from me! Don't talk to me ever again! You hear?" With that Melissa galloped away as fast as she could. Leaving behind, her sad brother, Cat, my unconscious body, and Twilight.


"How was your scouting mission?"

"Sir, I had to slip into one of the newcomers bodies, I amped up the relation between him and the relationship to his other friends. I, however, did study them before I did so. I think we can take this one called "Tom". His friends seem to have left him after his outburst."

"Striker you did a grand job, he will be our first target. Scout again try to find the other newcomers that bring darkness to this dreaded good world."

"Yes sir!" With that Striker left the forest behind, moving towards our beloved newcomers.