• Published 23rd Nov 2013
  • 1,751 Views, 33 Comments

True Magical Duel - Dragonlover553



Trixie takes over Ponyville. Spike stops her. Blood will spill, death will fly. Many may die. This will be terrible.

  • ...
7
 33
 1,751

Chapter 2

Trixie sat upon her thrown in the center of Ponyville's town hall, sleeping, three days into her reign of terror. While she did this, a meeting was being held.
"We gotta stop her" said Applejack.
"YEAH!!" Shouted Rainbow Dash.
"Shhh!" Said everpony.
"Keep your voice down, I mean, if that's alright with you." Wimpered Fluttershy.
"How? That ghastly amulet makes her unstopable." said Rarity, for the ponies had been informed of it by Spike who said "I must of read about it somewhere."
"Um...yes." said Fluttershy, timidly hiding behind her mane.
"Umaohfoatheoi!" Pinkie said, or at least tried to say, her mouth was gone, so it she couldn't make herself understood.
"Huh?" Everypony wondered. So Pinkie pulled out a sign labeled "Plot Device!", leaving everypony even more confused than before.

***
Elsewhere, in the Ponyville Library, Spike was fast asleep. Well, sort of. He was deep inside his own mind, in his inner sanctum. The one place where he could not be interrupted and discovered. His eyes were closes in both places, but why his body slept, his spirit was more active than it had been in years. He sat within a maelstrom of madness, rage, fury, and darkness. He sat perfectly closed, brow folded in concentration. He was attempting to calm himself.
A sound soul, dwells within a sound mind, and a sound body. He repeated this mantra over and over again, and slowly, the maelstrom began to calm. It may have been hours, or perhaps seconds, but to Spike to felt like an eternity. His mind and magic were calm, now to practice.

***
Within the boundaries of the Everfree forest, inside a small hut,on a small bed, a young unicorn woke with a start.
"Huh? Where am I?" She asked.
"Hello young Friend, that injury was nearly your end." Said a Zebra.
"Zecora? Is that you?", asked Twilight Sparkle from the bed. The Zebra, Zecora, nodded.
"It is nice to see you too, thought I must ask why I do."
"I got into a duel with a unicorn by the name of Trixie Lunamoon."
"I see, very powerful she must be."
"She is, now but last time we meet she was a weak illusionist."
"Curious it is, she must have been very bus-y."
"I guess so, but I think it had more to do with an amulet she was wearing."
"Ah, a necklace, I take it you were reckless. "
"I guess so, I burned up all my reserves before Trixie even started to weaken."
"An intelligent caster you must be, or she will beat you as though a flea."
"True enough. I guess I just haven't really had enough practice in combat magic, I took basic classes as a filly, but so did everypony else."
"Then as a filly you must act, in order to upgrade your tact-ics,"
"Huh? Zecora will you stop speaking in riddles? Do you mean I need to take more lessons?"
"To learn, you must first unlearn what you have learned."
"Um, what? Wait. You didn't rhyme there."
"I merely did as you asked. I stopped speaking in riddles."
"But that was still a riddle."
"Alright, I'll simplify it. To learn to fight Trixie, you must forget what you think you know. I will teach you."
"Alright. When do we begin?"
"Tomorrow at sunrise. For now you need to rest."
"Alright, thank you Zecora." Then it all faded to black.

***
"MOVE SLAVES! There is a disturbance in the barrier and the Great and Powerful Trixie! must find out what. NOW!!" Yelled Trixie, six days later, to her drivers, Snips and Snails.
"You know this would go a lot faster with wheels..." whispered Snips as they dragged the wheelless wooden chariot across the ground.
"The Great and Powerful TRIXIE! doesn't trust wheels."
"Can't argue with that logic." Said Snails.
"Because there is none." Muttered Snips under his breath.
"TRIXIE HEAR THAT!! And just to punish you, Trixie will increase your burden." Said Trixie, as her horn glowed with a blood red aura, and the small wooden chariot transformed into a massive golden bed. With a roof. And a pair of harnesses, for the still-attached Snips and Snails. Eventually, after about 20 minutes(though it felt like years to Snips and Snails) the group reached the disturbance: beavers. There was a family of them, smacking their tails against the barrier, they had an average looking felled tree with them. "WHAT!? TRIXIE came all the way down here for some beavers?!"
"And just what's that supports to mean?" Asked the father beaver, in the tongue of beasts, which Trixie could now understand. "We need a house too you know, and this barrier is in the way of us and this wood."
"Alright, fine." Said Trixie." Trixie will open the barrier for you." Trixie' s horn glowed blood red as a hole in the barrier opened, about 5ft by 5ft.
"Thank you kindly." Said the beaver.
"You're welcome, beaver." Trixie said, mysteriously OoC, as the beavers left, dragging their felled tree. "NOW." Said Trixie. "Trixie' s good deed has left her completely exhausted. Let use return to town." Both Colts groaned but began pulling the golden bed back to town.

***
"Balance and Concentration is key to unlock victory." Said Zecora as Twilight continued her training. This time she was to balance upon a wooden pole, sticking out of water, while Zecora threw bags of beans at her. No magic. This exercise would increase her balance, concentration, and ability to detect projectiles.
"I know Zecora, you've told me like ten times." Said Twilight threw clenched teeth. When Zecora said combat training would be like being a filly again, she wasn't lying. When Twi had first become Celestia' s student, she had had lots of raw power, but little skill,precision, and knowledge. She had studied so hard so that she could live up to everypony' s expectations. Before that she had been like every other little filly: young, naive,and foolish. That was exactly how she felt now. She was actually worried Zecora might turn her into a filly to teach her a lesson. It wouldn't be the first time Zecora had pulled something during the training.

Author's Note:

Sorry to those of you who like Zecora's rhyming, I'm bad with rhymes most of the times. I also need an editor and prereader. Any takers?