• Published 23rd Nov 2013
  • 1,751 Views, 33 Comments

True Magical Duel - Dragonlover553



Trixie takes over Ponyville. Spike stops her. Blood will spill, death will fly. Many may die. This will be terrible.

  • ...
7
 33
 1,751

Chapter 1

"You really thing you can defeat the great and powerful TRIXE, the greatest unicorn who ever lived?!" Trixie boasted, as the duel began. "Just to be fair, Trixie will give you the first spell."

"How kind of you." Replied Twilight Sparkle, sarcastically, as she began charging up a spell. Let the magic build til it has nowhere to go but out. She though, recalling the first thing her dueling mentor taught her on the ways of magic: the basic arcane bolt, simple, fast, easy. The beginner's weapon of choice. Let's see how she handles this. She thought smugly. Twilight pointed her horn down at Trixie and let it ripe. A beam of lightly purple tinted white light shot forward like a lance. Trixie responded quickly, with a magical shield. The arcane bolt hit the shield and dissipated.

"Is that all you've got?" Asked Trixie. "Pathetic. Well I guess I'll just need to show you how it's done." Trixie fired her own bolt, this one bright red. Twilight dodged to the right and charged a lightning lance in mid air. She glanced down at where she was just standing and saw a large scotch mark on the ground. Her eyes widened with fear but she continue the spell. The lightning fired forward at breakneck speed, only to be stopped by Trixie's still active shield. "Impressive." Trixie commented. "Not. Must Trixie demonstrate proper combat for you again?" Trixie asked boredly.

"No", Twilight replied. I was just testing the limits of your shield and your reflexes. Not bad."

"Not BAD? My shield and reflexes are the best in all Equestria!" Trixie boasted ignorantly.

"Perhaps, perhaps." Twilight responded. "But, Trixie. The real fight starts now."

"Oh really? Is that s-" While Trixie was in the middle of her banter Twilight called a blast of icy wind, which blew Trixie back several feet. Not missing a beat, Twilight shot another lightning lance directly at Trixie.

Get your enemy off-balance, then strike. Twilight recalled Dashing Blade, an ancient Equestrian general saying that. And that just what she was doing. So she fired a Flare, a massive fireball at Trixie"s failing shield. It exploded on impact, but despite her shield being gone Trixie didn't look the least worried.

"Really? You're trying to get Trixie off balance aren't you?" Trixie questioned. Twilight chose to ignore her and fire another barrage of Lightning Lances, Arcane bolts, and Flares at Trixie. Trixie laughed and dodged them all. Twilight stood panting, amazed at Trixie's agility. "Ha. You failed."

"I'm not done yet Trixie, in fact, if anypony's losing this duel, it's you." Twilight replied stubbornly.

"Oh, your not? Look at yourself, You're exhausted. Your reserves are nearly depleted. Trixie, however, hasn't even begone to touch hers." Twilight realized she was telling the truth. Her magical energy was almost gone, while Trixie leaked raw, arcane power.

Never pull a desperate play unless you're desperate. Running Goal, a world-famous athlete had said that once. Or did he say Always save something for a rainy day? What did that even mean? Twilight was too tried to remember. Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted by a flash of light. She blacked out.

* * *

Spike, needless to say, was shocked. Trixie, who was one of the weakest unicorn he had ever see, had beaten Twilight with only three spells: a shield, an arcane bolt, and a stunning spell. It was unheard of. They were quickly made, poorly woven, and ill-suited for a duel. So why did they back so much of a punch? He asked himself, and instantly, the answer struck him: the amulet. He had noticed that amulet around her throat when she had walked into town. He had meant to get a closer look, but now it was priority. Trixie had quite literally thrown Twilight out of town before she had conjured the massive bubble that now surrounded ponyville. "xsio batobot conros" he muttered in his native born draconic, a language not meant for any mortal pony's mouth, a language programed into every dragon egg since before it was layed. "nomag jaciv valignat." He had no doubts he could break it, it was meant to contain mortals, and hastily made, but would it be wise? He had spent many years hiding his maturity and magic behind a mask of childishness and stupidity. Then again, he thought, Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to finally show them who I really am. To not have to hide all the time." That would be nice. Or I could do it in private. No one would know it was me. Or, perhaps, I could sprout my wings and destroy it from the air. That could work. He considered. But the last plan was quickly discarded. I can't hide my wings once I bring them out, and after I lost control on my birthday...No. That's not happening. No wings. For now, at least. He decided. So show them my power or destroy it in private."

"Or" said a darker side of him "We could do nothing. Let Trixie win. Let evil rule. At least until one of the Princesses finds out and send an army or Twilight returns.

"You know that's never an option. I am a dragon, a wizard no less. My sacred duty is to destroy, ripe, tear and rend. To burn and claw and bring chaos. I protect those who cannot protect themselves by destroying those who would do them harm. Then I undo the damage done and return to my slumber. It has been this way since the first of our race was born, long before time itself existed."

"So why not break tradition? You would not be the first, nor would you be the last. Think of the power you could posses: to hold the world in your hand, to take what you want and answer to no one."

"That was never an option, now qe gethrisja, begone, foul one."

"Fine, alright. For now, I will leave, but know this young dova, I will be back. You cannot kill me without killing yourself. For I am you, and you are me."

Author's Note:

xsio batobot conros- damn that witch
nomag jaciv valignat- may she burn
qe gethrisja- be gone
dova- dragon
italics =thought
"(words)"=speak
"italics"= internal monologue