• Published 28th Nov 2013
  • 456 Views, 14 Comments

Blue Bones, Necromancer of the Cold - StockPhotos



Blue Bones, prince of Whitehorse, the biggest city in all the Frozen North, is secretly a necromancer. When his father, King White Hoof, discovers this Blue Bones is exiled to a far away land. Baltimare. The thriving port city.

  • ...
0
 14
 456

Ch.3

"Oh Celestia! Are you alright!?" Twilight inquired with great concern and fear for my injury to be too terrible to mend. "We need to get you to the hospital as soon as we can! AJ, help me-" she was cut off by me pulling my spell tome, Vol.2 of the Forbiden Arts and Practices of Death, from my saddle bag. At that moment time froze as the six just watch me turn the demon's remaining blood into a black cloth that had changed color and texture to be identical to my coat.

"You're a... a necromancer. A scholor of the dark arts!" Twilight had practically shouted as if calling to the gods themselves. And I'm sure that Xol, god of fairness and justice and anything right, was listening.

"Not so loud," I hushed, "do you want me to be thrown into dungeons and hated by everypony to the point where I'm forced to leave." I had snapped in a low wisper. I didn't want to be exiled again and definitely did not want totalk about how I got here.

It took a while for anypony to speak of anything. Still dumbstruck of me being a necromancer I assume. But eventually the blue ranbow maned pony had to say,

"So you just expect us to forget what we saw?"

"No," I responded almost instantly. "You can remember it, but what I ask of you is that you keep this secret."

"Hold your horses, you expect us to jest say nothing happened. Say for that huge hole in the wall." AJ tried to catch me off guard, but it was I who held their tongue.

"What hole could you possiblybe talking about?" I smirked when they all turned arouned to get a good look at the wall. It was repaired, seamless except for when the wallpaper met at the corners.

"But...but...but how!" Twilight had exclaimed, stuttering at first clearly amazed. "You never answered, how can you do magic?" Still prodding me for the answers she seeked. I swear by the oath of Ulon, god of promises and deals, I said,

"I thought I told you I read the tomes. Spellbooks of the grandmaster mage and high counsel member during the second blizard." I told, somewhat annoyed and tired in my voice.

"If it's so secret, why don't we go elsewhere?" Inquired the white, regal looking pony. I hadn't noticed before, but she had a horn! Not that it's important any, I mean you rarely get to see one in the north. Which reminds me of a story, a story I shall bring up later.

"Now there's an idea, but where would be a good place for stoytelling? The boat seems a bit small no offense, but we can't stay here after what just happened. Anypony?" I hurried to say.

"There is an old fort that isn't being used. It's more of a ruin now so there wouldn't be many around." Rainbow had answered, after which there was a brief moment of silence Brief enough to tell time passing, but long eternities passing by.

"Yes, yes I suppose that will do nicely. What is it's current condition?" Now I had engaged in a conversation with Rainbow by this point.

"Weathered away and ignored by anypony else. It isn't cool enough for even me to look at personally."

"Indeed, it is no longer noticed. I find the fortress too rough of a condition for a lady of leisure, such as I." Joined in Rarity.

"Point me the way." I demanded hurriedly, for the guards were sure to come to investigate.

"Why point when I can lead you?"

"This is where we split."

"What! Why? Why leave? You said you would tell me how you got the ability to do magic without a horn!" Twilight had now snapped at me for wanting to be left alone.

"You heard me and I have my reasons. I must leave. A single mouse is harder to catch without a herd following." I had riddled, for knowing she would understand or not and let me go.

"Alright, It's north of here and I will pay visit tomorrow at noon." At last she had cooperated, but with a price. A price that was kept promise. I don't know why, but I felt hurt as I said:

"Va es nu hatura do miv" And in a flash of black smoke and flash of light, I had turned invisible or unseen by pony eyes. I had crawled out the window that had been kept open so I could escape and unseen. Now on the bustling streets, I had to be careful not to bump into any pony. My first move was getting to an ally way.

I went upstream the rivers of populous, and managed into an ally. This was my downfall for as I de-cloaked, a pony emerged from the corner with a knife. I backed away slowly, but I was halted by another pony with a similar knife. They were both dark gray, but the one infront of me had a hard leather saddle bag.

"Here's how this works, you give me your bits and my buddy and I won't beat you up an take 'em." The pony with the saddle bag had given me an idea.

"Can I say something first?" I had cornered him with my words."

"Yeah sure, whatever. Just don't call for help or take too long." He fell right in my trap.

"Gol tur huo zes" As this chant was being performed, a sword materialized in my hooves and I readied myself in the stance only captains and kings were taught. "You sure about this?"

I had immediately bucked the pony who was behind me and sent him toward the crowd in the streets. They instinctively fled, but the guards had come. "Shite." I sighed once more before this chapter closes.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took a while, I've been dealing with...family issues, you could say.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment