• Published 12th Nov 2013
  • 320 Views, 1 Comments

The Unknown Fighters - Unknown Light



Not being able to remember his childhood, Pegasus, Unknown Light, gets assigned to Ponyville and what he discovers there may unravel his childhood and its dark secret.

  • ...
6
 1
 320

Chapter Three: The Meeting

I took a deep breath as the guards opened the throne room doors for me to meet with the princess. "Unknown Light how good it is to see you again." Princess Celestia said in her usual calming voice.

"It's great to see you again as well Princess Celestia, you wished to see me your majesty?"

"Yes, I would like to know how your progress is on your latest experiment."

"Oh yes, I finished it last week, the results weren't what I expected, If I can get a bit more time on it I can finish it before fall."

"That is good to hear, do you have anyone else that can continue your research for you?"

"Well yes there's Hitting Rocks the bull, but he's with his herd in the desert, wait why do you want to know, am I being reassigned to a new project?"

The princess started walking over to the window overlooking Ponyville, "I know you have worked hard on your current project but one of my star pupils, Twilight Sparkle, is in need of a pegasus scientist to assist her in an experiment she has been working on for a while now and I think you may be able to help her with it."

"Are you sure I can be any help on this experiment, I have not a clue on what it's about."

"I'm sure Twilight will be able to explain to you what the project is about, now hurry along and go pack what you need, a chariot will be waiting for you in the morning at your home."

"Yes your highness, have a good night."

"You as well and safe journey's."

With that done with, I headed out the doors straight home.

"Luna?" Princess Celestia said.

"Yes sister?" As Princess Luna walked out of the darkness behind the throne.

"Did he find the old library?"

"Yes sister and it seems I am not the only one watching him, there was someone else this morning and in the library."

"Ok then, can you keep watch over his dreams for a bit longer, I just hope sending him to Ponyville was the right action or if I put him in more danger."

"Do not worry sister I am sure he will be just fine, I have put extra night guards in Ponyville since the last encounter."

"All we can do now is hope we can stop this before it gets to him."

I couldn't help but smile when I arrived to Ponyville to all the happy faces. It was a good change from all the snoody rich people in Canterlot. I headed to a nearby apple stand for directions. "Well howdy stranger, names Applejack, what's yours?"

"Unknown Light, I just arrived and was hoping I can get some directions to Twilight Sparkles house." I replied.

"Well sure, ya see that there tree at the end of the street, that's the towns library and Twilights home, wait didn't you say your new here in Ponyville?'

"Yes, why?"

"No reason, just that Pinkies gonna be mighty happy there's a new pony around."

"Well thank you for the directions and by the way how much is one of these apples?"

"First ones on the house, now get a move on."

"Ok, hopefully I can talk to you some more later Applejack."

I walked down the street to the library and knocked on the door. A baby dragon opened the door and took me by surprise. "Hey hows it going, you must be Unknown Light, my names Spike, come on in."

"Thank you for the hospitality, where is Twilight Sparkle?"

"She's down in the basement working on something let me go get her." With that said Spike went downstairs to get Twilight. I decided to read the book I found in the library below the castles library while I waited. I opened up to the page I left off on and continued reading about the Unknown. The book also told of how they could wield magic without horns and fly without wings, there was a sketch of one of them, they stand on there hind legs and have these things called fingers and toes. All of a sudden something sparked inside my head, like I have seen these things before but how and where would I know them from. It bugged me so much it started to make my head ache."Unknown Light!" A voice screamed from behind me. Frightened, I jumped up on the horse head in the middle of the room. "Hey calm down it's only me." I was relieved to find it was only Twilight Sparkle. "My Celestia Twilight, you nearly gave me a heart attack." I replied out of breath.

"Oops, sorry about that, it's great to see you again." she replied, "What's that you have there?" Twilight started heading towards my book. I jumped in front of her. "It's nothing, just a book I found, you wouldn't be Interested in this kind of stuff." I replied frantically.

"Well ok then, there's a room waiting for you at the inn down the street, tomorrow I'll tell you all about the project I need your help with."

Twilight went back downstairs and I headed out to my room in the inn. As I was walking down the street I kept thinking about the book and the creatures in it. I arrived at the inn and went to my room and laid my bag down next to the desk and took the book out to read when I turned to a page that shocked me. "This can't be, but how!" I yelled shocked as I looked onto a sketch of a shield and symbol exactly like my cutie mark.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment