• Published 3rd Nov 2013
  • 423 Views, 11 Comments

Shards of a former Sin - Bandana The Reaper



Can one be forgiven for the sins commited? Can one be forgiven for being the embodiment of a sin? Can the shards of a sin be given a new chance to be? or are they domed to be consumed by the very being they seek to escape?

  • ...
 11
 423

Chapter 2: awakening shard

I slowly opened my eyes to a blur of color, forcing me to blink several times.

“Wha' ya mean 'can't do anythang'?” the male -Braeburn- was still talking to the 'nurse' “ya been by her side this whole time, hay, according to doc Bandage you haven't left the clinic sins Li'l Gray was put in this here bed.” Li'l Gray?...

As my vision cleared I saw for the first time the ones speaking...

They were horses.

“W-with a patient in this condition there has to be at least one medical pony on watch in case of complications.The one with the green mane spoke, meaning she was the 'nurse' who was so worried about my condition.

“Ya got doc Bandage and his niece Cotton Swab, shes a nurse too.Braeburn was the other horse, a light gold coated... stallion?... Yes, that is the correct term for a horse male.

“Look, miss Aid, ah get your worried 'bout Li'l Gray, ahm worried too-” miss Aid, so that is her name... or at least part of it “-but ya can't help her if ya burn yourself out.” Burn out? What does he mean by that?...

“know” I am... a bit surprised I find speaking horses to only mildly bizarre, “I just feel like if I step out for a moment something will-” -could it be due to shock or- “-oh my” -she is looking at me.

Now they're both looking at me, they look... shocked, why?... what do I look like to them?

“Braeburn, please get doctor Bandage” her tone is low but... authoritarian, “tell him 'Li'l Gray' is awake.”
“Yes ma'am” Braeburn is leaving, he walks towards the door while stealing glances at me.

Aid turns her head towards me again and starts to walk towards m- I am narrating, I do not think that is a sign of my mind being healthy.

“Hello dear” Aid is by my side now “can you hear me?” she is speaking with a low, soft tone, even though I do not feel distress its... calming.

I give her a small nod.

Aid gives a small nod of her own and a kind smile “that’s good” she moves her... foreleg and places it on a pale gra- is that my arm?! “my name is First Aid, can you tell me yours?”

My eyes are glued to the appendage under First Aid's hoof, it is covered in short, pale gray fur, it ends with a hoof, just like First Aid and Braeburn's, but it is thin, mere bones and sinew covered with the aforementioned gray furred skin.

Looking over at my other arm revealed the same, only this one has some form of... transparent string attached to the elbow bend? It goes up to a translucent sack with some kind of clear liquid in it-

“Sweetie?” -I got myself distracted, need to focus.

“You still there sweetheart?” My silence must be making her worried, better say something.

“gheh-” I end up coughing, my dry throat hurting and my lungs burning.

“Easy there sweetie,” First Aid moves quickly, gently helping me into a sitting position, “deep breaths dear, deep breaths.”

That could have gone better.

“Let me get you some water.” She rubs my arm in a comforting matter before walking over to a nearby table, giving me a view of her side.

She has wings... that is... I would say odd, but I do not know enough about where I am to determine what is odd or not.

She also has a... emblem on her hindquarters, it looks like... a green, rectangular box laying on its side with a red cross on a white circle background... I wonder what it means?

First Aid returns with water in a glass cup, a real glass cup... am I in the care of someone wealthy?... she puts it down on a small table next to the bed.

First Aid turns to me again, the kind smile still on her face as she moves both her hooves up to my face... how is she able to stand like that?

“Let me just take this off-” she removes some kind of transparent... object covering my mouth... how did I not notice it? “-there we go, now.”

She retrieves the glass-cup using her wing, holding it similar to how fingers encircle an object before depositing it in her hoof “-small sips dear.” she brings the cup to my mouth and I feel the cool liquid on my lips.

Wait! I stop myself from drawing the liquid in, what if this is one of his tortures, a mere illusion to lower my defenses... the water might be the torture...

My lips pressed together a bit harder, fear once again entering my mind... -and a bit of pain- this would not be the first time he have used deception in order to get what he is after.

My eyes lock with First Aid's, all I see in them is kindness...she brushes her other hoof along my arm in a calming manner... I will take my chances ...I drink the water.

Its wonderful, by the gods its a wonderful feeling! I don't want it to stop!

Even though I drink it so slowly it ends too quickly, leaving me wanting more.

“There we go” First Aid, the kind... mare? yes, mare is the correct term, puts the empty cup on the bedside table again before turning back to me “better?” I simply nod “good, lets try this again shall we?” I tilt my head sideways in confusion, try again?

She chuckles, it seems my confusion is amusing “you were going to tell me your name” the winged mare say with a small smile on her lips.

Oh, right, she wanted to know my name “V-” I begin, only for the door that Braeburn left trough to open as another stallion walks in, his coat being a deep blue with a short brown mane and tail, following him is a mare, maybe a hand shorter than First Aid, her coat a pale pink and her mane an even paler pink bordering on white, lastly Braeburn enters.

“Oh mah gosh!” the pink mare gasp, putting her hoof over her mouth “Li'l Gray is awake!” Li'l Gray... I will assume they are referring to me.

“Now now Cotton, lets be professional” the blue stallion tells the pink one, Cotton with a... look that’s a mix between being amused and stern... the stern part is minimal at best.

“S-sorry unc-, eh, Doctor Bandage” she answer with a blush on her cheeks, rubbing the back of her head with a hoof... there limbs are highly flexible.

The stallion, Doctor Bandage, chuckles and shakes his head in an amused manner before looking at First Aid “well now, from what I gathered of Braeburn's hissing shouts of 'she's awake, Li'l Gray is awake!' I'm guessing our li'l patient is awake?”

“Yes doctor” First Aid, her manners more... professional as she speaks with him “the patient awoke during mister Apples visit, her pulse is stable, as is her breathing, her eyes are focused and she is responding to sound, she had a coughing fit when she tried to speak so I had her take deep breaths until it resolved enough to give her some water, witch she had no problems drinking” her answer is... highly professional, counting of everything about me in rapt, pure information... yet not in a cold way, just... professional, I have no better word.

“Mhm good, good” the doctor, Bandage nods as he turns to look at me once again “now then li'l miss, I hope you've decided to stay awake long enough for you to exclaim that your once again fit as a fiddle and shower me with praise for me to bast in!” he give me what can only be described as a... goofy grin.

Apart for the rhythmic sound of the object in tune with my heart, the room is silence.

“Uncleee-” the pale pink mare groans, a hoof over her eyes, First Aid rolls her eyes and Braeburn covers his face with his hat.

A sigh escape the doctor as he shake his head “everypony is a critic” he makes a slight throat clearing sound “right, lets try that again shall we?” he smiles a more... normal smile.

“Good morning li'l miss, I'm doctor Happy Bandage, this is nurse Cotton Swab, my niece-” he motion to the pink mare giving me a small wave of her hoof and mouthing a silent 'hi' at his left “-you've already had the pleasure of meeting nurse First Aid-” right this time, First Aid is giving the same kind of smile from before, the caring, kind one “and last but not least, your knight in shining armor, Braeburn Apple” doctor bandage motion behind him at a awkward smiling Braeburn, who is rubbing the back of his head.

“Ehh, ah, um, tha' is-”

“He is not wearing any armor, nor has he ever before.”

~ ~ ~

The room fell into silence, everypony's eyes on the filly in the bed.

The filly that had just spoken.

Doctor Bandage's mouth worked for a while, a bit flabbergasted at the sudden statement “Um, wha'?”

“Braeburn Apple is not wearing any armor, nor does he carry himself in a manner that suggest he ever has,” the little unicorn stated in a soft, docile, yet almost emotionless voice.

“Furthermore, your claim of Braeburn Apple being a knight is... unlikely since for one to reach knighthood it would require him to be knighted one, either due to him serving as a squire for another knight until said knight deems him worthy,” Braeburn opened his mouth to comment the filly’s words, but she just continued as if he wasn't even there, “Braeburn being of noble birth thus giving him the right to be one, or that his ruler dubs him one.” The bedridden filly drew breath.

“That-” doctor Bandage began before getting cut off.

“More evidence against your statement is that Braeburn does not carry himself as a warrior, even as I speak he does not react as a knight nor simple warrior would, no subtle changes to his posture indicating he is about to defend himself against my... accusation,” this time Cotton tried to get a word in, but the little unicorn just kept going, “neither to strike me for my supposed insult to his honor nor verbally berating my words.” She took another big breath (First Aid intended to say something, but decided it was not worth it)

“Nor is his lack of either due to disciplined restraint, there are no unconscious signs pointing to that, no narrowing of the eyes, flaring of nostrils or tightening of... jaw.”

The gray little pony looked the doctor straight in the eyes.

“Braeburn Apple is not a knight with shining armor, nor a warrior of any kind, which makes your claim untrue.” she lowered her head, looking at the blanket covering her.

“However... all this is based on my own deductions on your claim and previous knowledge on the subject which may or may not be correct in... whichever kingdom I am currently in. If my claim is... incorrect and all you have said about Braeburn Apple is true... I apologize and hope you will forgive me for my unintended insult.”

The adults in the room spent a few seconds to collect their jaws from the floor - figural speaking- before Cotton Swab decided she needed to voice her thoughts on this.

“Wow.”

To Cotton’s defense, having a comatose, malnourished filly wake up and give a long, speech-like explanation why Braeburn wasn't a 'knight in shining armor' was indeed worthy of a 'wow'.

“Well I'll be” Doctor Bandage chuckled, turning too First Aid -who had problems deciding is she should be happy there patient was talking, shocked at the sheer amount the little unicorn had spoken or baffled at the number of complex words she had used- “I'd say there's nothing wrong with our li'l patients voice.”

“Oh, um, no doctor,” First Aid said, trying to sound professional again, “it would appear not.”

“Not indeed.” The doctor turned back to the gray filly, “Well li'l miss, you’re right about Braeburn not being a knight.”

Braeburn rubbed the back of his neck in a embarrass manner “Ahm jus' an apple farmer...”

The little unicorn tilted her head sideways “If that is the truth then why would you... insinuate that Braeburn was one, that is -to my knowledge- a crime punishable by death in several kingdoms,” she locked eyes with doctor Bandage's, “do you wish death on Braeburn Apple?”

“What, no!” the now shocked doctor exclaimed, looking back and forth between the filly and a equally shocked Braeburn “Ah- I don't wan'- want harm done ta- To anypony, most definitely don't wish death on somepony!” he half-shouted the last part at the young unicorn, who simply stared at him with a emotionless look in her eyes.

“Uncle, calm down!” Cotton Swab hissed in Bandage's ear while hugging him “She jus' woke up from a coma, she migh' not know completely wha' she’s sayin'!”

“If you do not wish death on Braeburn then why would you make a claim that could get him executed?” the filly said “...or yourself for that matter?” she added, blinking once.

“I-its just a figure of speech dear,” First Aid said, putting a hoof on the filly’s foreleg, “nopony is wishing death on anypony and nopony is getting executed for saying something like that” she softly rubbed the leg under her hoof in a comforting manner “in fact, Princess Celestia banned executions centuries ago and I'm pretty sure Faust has been frowning at the practice from the very beginning.”

The bedridden unicorn had been looking at the hoof covering her leg during First Aid's explanation, following it as she moved it back and forth “...I see, then I once again apologize for assuming your intentions.”

Doctor Bandage took a long, calming breath before speaking “Its... alright li'l one, the whole thing just caught me a bit of guard, that’s all,” he looked at his niece, First Aid and Braeburn (who looked a shade paler than usual) before turning back to his patient “I think it caught us all off guard.”

“Now that we got that out of the way,” the doctor began, “since we now know you can speak coherently and might I add, quite elequently and with a lot of words that most fillies your age wouldn't know the meaning of, I'd think you're in good enough condition to perhaps answer a few questions, hm?” he finished with small smile.

She gave him a slow nod.

“I believe that I am,” she turned to look him in the eyes, “may I as well ask questions?”

“But of course!” doctor Bandage said with a cheery tone “nothing says 'recovery' better than a patient wanting to know more.”

“Very well,” the filly nods slowly again, “proceed.”

“Right, now then” the doctor nodded to First Aid, who quickly grabbed a clipboard with her wing and a pen in her mouth, ready to write down whatever was said “lets start with a easy one, whats your name?”

The little filly closed her eyes.

“...Void, my name is Void.” She let out a breath and opened her eyes again. “May I ask the next question?”

Doctor Bandage smiled again “You may.”

“Where is it we are currently?” the filly -Void- asked, “More precisely, this town and the lands it resides in.”

“Well now, you answered my next question with that question,” the doctor chuckled a bit, “fancy that.”

Void just blinked, waiting for an explanation.

“My next question was going to me if you knew where you are, but I suppose that’s been answered,” he looked to the pegasus nurse again, checking that she got what he meant -which she did- before looking back at Void, “you’re in a small town known as Appleloosa, which is in the western parts of Equestria.”

Void nodded once again “what is your next question?”

“Now, now Void” Bandage tutted “you already answered my question, its your turn.”

“...How long have I been in your care?”

“Oh, just shy two days” doctor Bandage sighed “I don't want do scare you, but the first hours after you were brought in I wasn't certain you would make it” he shock his head and gave her a smile “you gave us quite the scare li'l miss.”

“I see, that would explain why I am so famished” Void said, looking down at her stomach “...but then again, I felt great hunger two days prior.”

Her stomach grumbled loudly at that.

“Ah thin' ya tummy agrees with ya” Cotton Swab said before turning to her uncle “ah'll go git her some food.”

Doctor Bandage nodded to her, turning back to Void as Cotton left “now then, lets-”

“Why?”

Bandage stopped, confused by the question “um, why what li'l one?”

“Why did you help me?” Void said, sinking back into the pillow-turned-backrest “I have nothing of value to pay for the service nor do I know anyone that would, so... why?”

The adults looked at Void with shock... before starting to laugh softly.

“B-beloved Faust” doctor Bandage chuckled, running a hoof trough his mane “I needed that.”

Void blinked, light confusion in her eyes.

“Oh sweetheart” First Aid giggled, moving a stray lock of Void's mane out of her face “healthcare in Equestria is free.”

“Free?” Void asked, again tilting her head slightly to the side.

“Yes, free,” doctor Bandage said with a big goofy smile, “that’s why we pay taxes!” his smile sinks into a more normal one “and even if it wasn't free -Faust forbid- I'd pay for any medical costs myself.”

“Same here.” First Aid said with her kind smile on her lips.

“An' if thay din't, ah'd pay,” Braeburn said with a little stomp of his hoof “since ya turned up in mah orchard ya'd be mah responsibility, Apple family honor.”

Void simply stared, seeming to process what she just heard, “still, why help someone you have never met?”

“Simple,” Bandage's smile grew, “I'm a doctor.”

“I'm a nurse.” First Aid continued.

“Ahm an Apple, ain't jus' gonna leave somepony to there doom jus' cause ah don' know ya, 'sides-” Braeburn rubbed the back of his head, looking a bit worried, “if ah didn' help mah granny would scold me so hard mah cutie-mark would fall off.”

“...very well,” Void said, once again looking at doctor Bandage, “you had more questions, correct?”

“Oh, um yes, I had a few more” doctor Bandage said, giving of a small cough in his hoof before continuing “its about your current condition.”

“Yes?”

“Well, to be frank, I'm mighty puzzled by how you've survived up to this point,” Bandage said, “from a purely biological standpoint you should have died days ago.”

“Yes, I would most likely have died as you said,” Void said, slowly her arm before her, looking it over, “my limbs feel brittle, yet as heavy as lead.”

“Which brings us to the million bit question,” Bandage continued, “how did you end up like this?”

“...” Void lowered her arm, her eyes seemed more sunken than before, the heart-monitor had skipped a beat and her breath was slightly more rapid.

“Void, dear?” First Aid said, lowering the clipboard.

“...my father did this to me.”

*Crash!*

Doctor Bandage and Braeburn's heads quickly turned to where the crashing sound had come from, revealing a chocked Cotton Swab standing next to a tray with a now broken bowl of soup and carton of juice.

“Cotton, you alright?” Bandage quickly asked.

“H-her pa did w-what?” Cotton asked, her eyes the size of pinpricks

“He, wha', bu', why would...?” Braeburn, his coat almost as pale as the filly in bed as he stuttered, unable to properly voice his thoughts.

First Aid's grip on the clipboard loosened, letting it slip out of her wing and join the pen on the floor, she took a tender step to Void's side.

“Why?” First Aid asked “why would he do this?”

“...Because I defied him.” Void whispered, as if the very words would bring her harm “for that I was tortured for... an unknown amount of time, pains without end, in ways that I do not know how to describe- w-what are you...?” Void found herself wrapped in both First Aid's arms and wings, the mares cheek against hers, a hoof slowly rubbing her back.

“You’re safe now sweetheart,” First Aid cooed, struggling to keep tears from leaking out “nopony will harm you ever again, you’re safe, you’re safe.”

“...Safe, from father?” Void said, questioning it aloud as if testing the validity of the statement.

“Yes Void,” First Aid said, loosening the embrace enough to look the filly in the eyes, “you’re safe from your father now, he can't harm you anymore, I promise.”

“...Do not make a promise that you can not keep,” Void said with a completely emotionless voice, her eyes seeming more sunken in than before, “if father intends to reclaim me, he will do just that.”

“The heck he will!” Braeburn half-shouted, his coat back to it former tone while his eyes almost seemed to be ablaze. “Ther' no way in Tartarus ahm lettin' some foal-hurtin' snake of a pony who dares call himself a pa walk inta my town ta git ya Void-” he took a big breath before continuing “-if that son of a varmint but puts one hoof in town ahm a gonna show him just hard a apple farmer can buck!” braeburn finished with a hard stomp with a rear hoof, cracking one of the floorboards “...darn it” he looked over at doctor Bandage with sheepish look “ah'll git that fixed for ya latter.”

If the ponies in the room had focused on Cotton Swab at the moment they might have heard a small sound that the heart-monitor and Braeburn's heavy breathing masked before she quickly put her hoof over her mouth, blushing.

That sound would have been 'woof'.

“Well... took the words right out of my mouth,” stated Bandage, eying the damage, “just with more swearing and less threats of painful, yet non-fatal injuries.”

“Doctor Bandage, the oath is 'do no harm',” First Aid said, turning her head just enough to look the stallion in the eye, “not 'do no lasting harm'.”

“What?” Bandage gave First Aid a hurt look, “if anypony asks we'll just say he fell down the stairs... multiple times.”

“That doesn't excuse you from your o-”

“You will die.”

Everypony turned to the bedridden filly, once again cocked at her statement.

“Void?” First Aid asked, eyes on the unicorn in her arms “what do-”

“If father comes for me anyone in his way will die,” Void's voice seemed emotionless, but there was an undertone of ominous dread,

“and those one would be the fortunate ones.”

“The fortunate ones?” First Aid asked Void, still holding on to the young unicorn “h-how would they be fortunate?”

“Because those still alive who attempts to stop him would be tortured, dismembered and have their souls bound to him,” Void continued, shivering slightly in First Aids embrace, “so that he can use their very essence to power his own magic.”

Everypony stared in horror at the filly, Cotton Swab swooning and would have fallen over if Braeburn hadn't moved over to her quickly enough.

“I thank you for helping me, but my presence here puts all of you in danger, thus I must leave,” Void said, trying to push herself out of the bed, “if father comes here simply aid him, tell him which direction I went, do not resist him, do n-”

“No.”

Void stopped moving, turning her head to face the speaker.

She looked into First Aid's alum colored eyes.

“What do-” Void began, only to be cut of by First Aid again.

“No Void, your not putting us in danger, you're not leaving this bed until we say you're fit enough and you're definitely not going to tell us to aid the one who hurt you!” She told the filly, putting a hoof on her chest and firmly, yet softly pushing her back into bed “Now you just lay there and relax while the grownups take care of things, ok pumpkin?” She finished with a silk-soft voice.

“But I-” Void began again, only to yet again be cut of by First Aid.

“Ah ah,” she put a hoof softly over Void's mouth, quieting her protest, “no buts young lady, now rest” First Aid removed the hoof before turning to the rest of the ponies in the room

“Cotton Swab!” she said with a authoritarian voice.

The mare in question jumped a bit at First Aid's tone “Y-yes?”

“Get that spill cleaned up, this is a clinic, not a fast food joint,” First Aid commanded, “and the patient needs to eat something, get a new serving for her.”

“Y-yes nurse First Aid!” Cotton said before dashing of to get cleaning supplies.

“Braeburn!” First Aid continued, turning to the apple farmer.

“M-ma'am?” the stallion stuttered.

“Go and get sheriff Lone Star, tell him we got a victim of abuse that we need him to make a official record of her statement.” First Aid then pointed at the damage he had caused. “Once you've done that you'll go and get what you need to fix that, its a health hazard.”

“Y-yes ma'am!” Braeburn actually saluted her before quickly making his way out of the room only to bump nose to nose with Cotton Swab, making the mare blush again. “'Scuse me” he mumbled before walking out.

“Now then,” First Aid said as she scooped up the clipboard and pen with a wing, “Doctor Bandage-”

“Hey now, ya- you can order Cotton around sins your her senior, you can order Braeburn around to an extent sins he's a civilian, but ordering the head doctor around?” Doctor Bandage croaked out. “It may have been a little while sins ah-I left the Manehattan hospital, but I'm pretty darn sure the doctor is the one in charge so you better have a good reason to tell me what to do.”

First Aid remained silent for a few seconds “-Do you wish to continue with the questions?” she answered with a smile.

“...Oh” Bandage sagged a little at First Aid's answer. “Well then, yes, let continue.”

“Good.” First Aid said, readying her clipboard. “Oh and doctor.”

“Yes?”

“Officially the doctors run the hospital,” First Aid gave Bandage a sidewise glance, “unofficially, where it really matters, its the nurses.” She finished, sticking her tongue out at him and smiling a bit.

Bandage stared at her for a moment before chuckling and turning to Void “Quite the den-mother that one,” she said, nodding sideways towards First Aid, “shall we continue?”

“...why?”

“'Why' what Void?” doctor Bandage said “you'll have to be a bit more specific.”

“...why does each one of you insist on aiding me?” Void asked, lowering her head until her mane covered her face “I told you what would happen if I remain here, what my father will do to those that aid me, why do you not shun me like any sensible person would?”

“Well all that can be summed up with a simple sentence,” Bandage said, giving Void one of his slightly goofy smiles, “we care about you.”

“You... do not even know me...” Void said, unmoving. “I am a threat to your town.”

“No.” Bandage simply said “You’re not, the equine filth who claims to be your father is.”

“Because I am here,” Void countered, “thus it is paramount that I leave.”

“As they say here in Appleloosa, 'Nnnope'.” Bandage continued. “You’re in no shape to go anywhere and even if you were we can't in good faith let you fend for yourself.”

“Father will-”

“He will rot in a dungeon if he so much as touch you again,” First Aid cut in, placing her hoof on Void's, “your very existence is evidence enough to put him away forever.”

She moved Void's mane to look the filly in the eyes.“He will never hurt you again Void, I promise.”

“Do not ma-”

“Never. Again. I promise.”

“...” Void turned her head to the side, avoiding First Aid's eyes. “You bring ruin upon yourself with this action.”

“We'll cross that bridge when or if that happens, besides,” doctor Bandage said before smiling, “we've made it through both a 10 minute war and a musical number with the worse injury being a concussion and the loss of the town’s clock, we'll be fine.”

“...where there any more questions?” Void asked, still not looking at them.

“Well there’s one that comes to mind during our li'l talk,” doctor Bandage said, rubbing his jaw, “as you keep mentioning your, ugh, 'father', felt a bit ill at the thought of the horrible individual, its made me wonder... do you have anypony else that you feel you can trust, your mother, an uncle, aunt, some other relative that we could try and find?”

“...no.” Void was once again looking down at her lap, her mane covering her face. “There was only father, the other sins, there followers, Kobalt and-” a gasp escaped her, the heart-monitor started beeping faster, her head shot up, revealing her eyes, pinprick in size and panic visible in them “Muffin! Rage! Nooo!” she screamed.

Void back arched and she started convulsing.

“Horseapples!” Bandage cursed, at his patients side a half second after First Aid, who had been by Void's side before the clipboard even hit the ground “Keep 'er down, don't let 'er hurt herself, COTTON, GIT IN 'ERE NOW!” he shouted over his shoulder, earning him a crash of porcelain and the sound of running hooves.

“Void?” First Aid spoke as she held the thrashing filly “Void, sweetheart, can you hear me?”

“Muffin, Rage, please no, Gaia no, don't take me from father, I have to keep them safe, father please, don't hurt my sisters!” Void half-wispered, half-screamed, thrashing side to side while the heart-monitor gave of eradic beeps “Pride, Kathrine, Greed, Gruttony, Envy, Rinna, Bubbles, Lust, Sloth, Kobolt, Gaia please, keep them safe I beg you, don't let father hurt them!” she started coughing, unable to draw proper breath.

“She's going into shock!” Bandage shouted over the heart-monitor “Aid, git her air, Cotton, git me 5cc of hesovaliz, stat!” both mares on it in seconds while the doctor shouted out other orders as they arose.

As the medical ponies were trying to save their patient, had anypony been watching their shadows they might have noticed small tendrils of darkness sticking out of them, no thicker than hairs in a tail and a mere inch in length, all of them reaching towards the filly, twitching in rhythm with her heart.

Author's Note:

A big shout out to Anon3mous1 for helping edit/prof-read/grammar check/give pointers/give me ideas/dealing with me being a bloody idiot/making the end be more ominus than before by just a simple change and all in all giving me something (more) to read, check out his stories, no really, ignore this story, just klick the 'read later' button (or fave, your choice) and read his stuff now!