• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,642 Views, 15 Comments

Are You Prepared For That? - MrMidnightSpark



Some time passed after the last episode from season 3: "Magical Mystery Cure". Spike is acting strange, the girls are sent to investigate but they find something that no pony would expect.

  • ...
3
 15
 2,642

No joking matter

I feel that I need to tell this to you, this story will follow the tags, so don't be confused and read it till the end for better explanation. Spike have a pony's medium height about now, probably slightly bigger.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a normal day like any other. The Sun was shining, the grass green and the sky, blue. But there was something else. The ponies of the town of Ponyville seemed unsettled about something. One rumor was spread around the little town. One that involved a moving shadow that was scaring it's dwellers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Celestia was returning to her throne room, giggling and with a plate held by her magic at her side. She just exited the castle's kitchen with a piece of chocolate cake. Everypony in the castle knew about Celestia's passion for cakes and pastries, it was no big deal.

When she entered the throne room, what she could see was a single tongue of blue fire and a silhouette, before it vanished without a trace. "What was that?" Fire, blue fire? I never saw this before... That silhouette, it was bipedal. What kind of being was that. What if it was just Discord trying to scare me? "Discord!".

"Why hello, Tia." He said, appearing behind Celestia. She almost had a heart attack. She waited for her heart to stop hammering in her chest. "Don't call me Tia. And don't ever scare me like that again, including the vanishing moments ago."

"Vanishing, what vanishing? I don't remember scaring you in that way, and this is something that I have to remember, you look so cute when you are scared!" He said while holding a full fit of laughter.

"Are you saying that at moments ago, it wasn't you at the throne room that vanished with a blue flame?" She said, starting to worry.

"Yes, it wasn't me there, but I sensed a presence rapidly vanishing inside the throne room, so it wasn't you." Said Discord, his face turning in to a more serious expression.

"No. And if this is a threat to Equestria's safety? I must tell the girls about this now." I need to tell them to prepare the Elements of Harmony, if it is necessary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok girls, let's go." Said Twilight. They were heading to the Golden Oaks Library to plan a sleep over.

Upon reaching the library, Twilight entered. "Spike!". No response. "Spike, we are here, are you upstairs?". Still no response. Twilight started to become worried.

"Calm down Twi, Ah'm sure that he jus' went out a little with Sweetie Belle." Said Applejack, which calmed the purple mare down a bit.

"Hehe, I remembered that I told him to go do the groceries today, sorry... But seriously, the groceries wouldn't take so long to finish, he must be with her." Said Twilight while putting a hoof at the back of her head, flustered. She saw a rolled up scroll at the table in front of her. It had the seal of Princess Celestia. "Girls, Princess Celestia sent us a scroll, but how it's here if Spike isn't?".

"He must have dropped it here for us to see when we got back". Said Rarity.

"Yeah, probably." Twilight started reading the scroll. "Twilight and friends, it is with a heave heart that I tell you that something broke through the castle's defenses and into the throne room, it is not one of Discord's pranks. I fear that this 'bipedal blue fire breathing silhouette' for lack of a better word to describe the event that unfolded minutes ago, can be a threat to Equestria, and I must tell for you and your friend to ready the Elements of Harmony for possible use. It is better to maintain it a secret for the ponies, it could cause a mass panic. Expecting a positive answer about this silhouette, Princess Celestia of Equestria."

Everypony in the room went flabbergasted. "WHAT...?" Said them in unison.

"Come on girls, we have to get the Elements of Harmony ready." Said Twilight, going to the pedestal that held the Elements. Fire, the only one that can use fire here is Spike, but blue fire?

"They aren't here..." This isn't happening. This can't be real. She opened the pedestal to find only a sheet of paper that said 'No Elements here'. "I don't have time for humor right now." She said while tossing away the sheet. Wait... That sheet, who would do that? "We have to find the Elements, let's head out girls!"

"Ah, just you wait there." Said a voice that they recognized.

"Spike? Why you didn't respond when I called yo-" Said Twilight looking directly at him on the top of the staircase. He was wearing a cape, black on the outside and red on the inside, it extended from his neck to his scaly feet and had a collar. His scales were a tone darker.

"Spike, why are you wearing this?" Asked a surprised Twilight.

"Why you say, because it is of my liking and it combined with me and what I plan to do!"

"What you plan to do with this?" Everypony could tell that her voice held a bit of fear and worry. She knew that Spike could teleport now with his new fire-spells, but she never saw him teleporting, because he trained with Luna and waited for her to be with a lighter schedule to show his new abilities.

"You really want to know?" Said Spike with a hint of evil in his voice.

"Stop fooling around, Spike." Said Rainbow Dash.

"This is no joking matter!" Everypony in the room went wide eyed at his tone of voice.

"Spike, you are not a meanie-pants, it's funny to scare somepony a little, but you are overdoing it." Said Pinkie Pie.

"I said it was no joke!"

"Spike, it isn't you, darling!" Said Rarity.

"Of course it is me, and I expected better from you Rarity."

"Where is Spike?" Asked Twilight.

"I am right here." He said, pointing at himself.

"You are not him. What did you do to him!?" Twilight now getting angry.

"Nothing that you have to know." His voice calmer than ever.

"I asked where is HIM!" Her horn glowing.

"If you insist. He is right here." He said, tapping the side of his head three times. "Trapped on his own mind." A wicked grin forming in his face.

Twilight's horn stopped glowing. "What did you do to him?". Her eyes starting to water.

"Spike and I are one, I am his dragon side."

"It was you who broke in the castle?" Asked Twilight.

"Yes."

"Girls, find the Elements of Harmony, if they worked in Luna's dark side, they will work on Spike's. I will hold him here. Go. NOW!" Said a sweating Twilight.

"Are you talking about these?" he said raising his right hand. There were the Elements of Harmony. Total silence.

"Give me the Elements!" Cried Twilight.

"Uh... No." All of the eyes in the room started watering. That's when he figured. It is enough, I passed the limits.

"Uh... April Fools Day!" Said Spike with a cheerful expression.

The girls' faces went blank, their movement stopped. Spike made his way to the girls. He started swaying his hands in front of them. "Twilight? Rarity? Applejack? Pinkie Pie? Rainbow Dash? Fluttershy?". No response, they were like stone walls. "Uh... It looks like I overdid it a little, sorr- oh no, no, don't do this, no, nononononononono, OH SHIIIIIIIIIII-AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike woke up some time later. All he could see was a purple blur. "Twilight?"

"Spike, don't ever scare us that way again, EVER!"

"Sorry Twilight. I will apologize with the girls later. But, it wasn't the only reason I did this."

"And for what reason you did it?" Asked Twilight.

"I needed to know if you were prepared to whatever the world threw at you. You made the right choices, but, I don't think somepony could ever be prepared for the ones who they love to turn evil like that, so it was a silly idea. I went for it nevertheless. Just think about it. Some day, it could happen, I wanted you to be prepared. I know that the evil in this land won't be gone forever."

"You are right Spike, but you overdid it a little."

"Hehe... Yeah. But you know that I love you all and wish the better for you, Twilight."

"I love you too, Spike, and I'm sure the girls love you too, that's why I want you to never do that again."

"Of course. But you did great, I'm very proud of you."

"Wait... And about the Princess, with all this confusion I forgot to tell her that it was a joke."

"Relax, I think Luna already told her."

"Luna was involved too?"

"Yes."

"I see. Where you bought that cape?"

"It was a surprise for me that 'Sofas & Quills' had capes."

"Ok... But, how did you managed to change your scales color?"

"Spray dye."


I think I have a Princess of the Dream World to give a brohoof...

Author's Note:

So, this is finished. I don't even know how I managed to pull out such a crazy idea. But it's here nevertheless. One more one-shot for you from me. If you like it, say it in the comment section. Positive feedback is what keeps me writing. Good night to you, from MrMidnightSpark.

Comments ( 15 )

3426606 WUT? :twilightsmile:
I don't get it...

3426659 it was good idea but rushed as bloody heck, dude you need detail not just blaze throe it

3426689 Sorry, but that is my way of writing, I can't make it any longer. That is why I'm doing one-shots, to best my ability to write longer stories, but seems like I'm doing a horrible job...
I really suck at this kind of thing... :twilightsmile:

I just don't like extending the stories... I remember one time, I saw an author that described a bird trying to catch a worm, but was interrupted by the sound of the train...

It just didn't feel that appealing to me... Sorry...

This was good. A very promising story I must say... If you fix it. There was so much rushing it was like being bitch slapped with baloney . But, in my mind, I was expanding on it and I have to say what I thought up was pretty badass.

3427005 If you would like, you can write the way you want, all of this stories are a training for me. I aspire to make longer stories, that is why I'm doing only one-shots, I'm trying to best my abilities as a writer. :twilightsheepish:
As you can see, I have only 4 stories. Two unfinished and two finished (rushed the hell out). I don't have much ability to expand my stories.
You can make whatever you want with this, my permission is granted. I only wish you could reference me somewhere (only if you want). Good luck with whatever project the future seems to hold for you.
:twilightsmile:

3427051
Ehhh???:rainbowderp: What? This is your story. Why the hell would I steal an idea? Are you... Are you besmirching my honor?!:twilightangry2: JK!:twilightblush::facehoof:
Any who... If you want to make yourself a better writer... You have two stories here That could use a bit of work... Work on them.

3427069 Hehe, I'm not besmirching your honor... Sorry... :twilightsmile:
I'm not trying to expand this stories right now, I want to obtain more experience before I start to work out in the stories that I already have... I'm doing new ones to best my abilities, but if you think that this is the solution... Who am I to argue... When I'm feeling ready I will start to work this out.
Sorry for the mistakes in the stories, Im not even a native English speaker... :twilightsmile:
I read, read, read and read, but I still lack in expanding my stories. It just don't feel right for me to do that, so it appears to be rushed...

3427644 Haha, thanks. Spike is really badass. :twilightsmile:

3427971 didnt understand the way the texts were placed, like how celestia immediately said its somptn thatll kill everybody

honestly I have no idea as to what the point of this was.:applejackconfused:

3440181>>3435427 Sorry for not getting to your likings... I'm just a apprentice writer, I aspire to become a better writer, it means that I need training, this stories are my training, so, they're awful... Sorry... :twilightblush:
Some day I will be better, but this day may be far from now... Just, sorry...

3452313 I wasn't saying it was awful, I'm just saying I was confused.

Login or register to comment