• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 2,947 Views, 78 Comments

Making the Best of it - Flame6666



When a man with a shell as thick as the planet is sent to Equestria, will he change or not?

  • ...
7
 78
 2,947

Accepted

Making the Best of it

Accepted

"WHAT HAPPENED IN HERE!" Twilight yelled at the top of the stairs.

Spike behind her, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "What is it Twiligh- WOW" The baby dragons eyes almost popping out of his head. After a few seconds he says while facepalming "I just cleaned this place!" Twilight starts down the stairs first with Spike close behind grumbling some words under his breath. Twilight headed to Anthony, who was trying to get to sleep and Spike went to the kitchen to start on breakfast. As Twilight got closer to Anthony, she could easily tell that he was faking sleeping.

"Okay Anthony time to get up and tell me what happened last night." no response. "I can tell that your faking, so just get up." Anthony turns to face the back of the couch. Twilight let out a sigh, "Guess we have to do this the hard way." Her horn starts to glow and Anthony is surrounded by a purple aura and is levitated off the couch and floating just two or so feet off the ground. "Last chance to wake up Anthony." he furrowed his brow and braced his body for impact. "If that's how you want to be then fine... three... two... one..." Twilight's horn stopped glowing and the aura that surrounded Anthony was dissipating, there was a loud thud that followed.

"What was that?" Spike asked looked around the corner.

"Just trying to wake Anthony up Spike, don't worry."

Spike winces. "Ouch... I remember when you used to that to me."

Anthony starts to lift his head up to look at Twilight, "...Please Twilight, can you just... let me sleep? I had a long night."

"I'll let you sleep, but only after you tell me what happened here."

"Sorry no time... you need to get to Fluttershy's place." Anthony sleepily said.

"What happened to Fluttershy?"

"You'll see when you get there." he puts his head back down and goes back to sleep.

Twilight rolls her eyes and heads to the door, "I'm going to check on Fluttershy Spike, I'll be back later."

"But what about breakfast?"

"Give mine to Anthony, I'll get something at Fluttershy's" She walks out the door and heads to Fluttershy's cottage in a hurry, leaving Anthony and Spike alone. Spike walks over to the sleeping Anthony and asks him a few questions.

"Sooo... what happened here?"

Anthony sighs, "The long story or the short story?"

"Short please." Spike sat down in front of Anthony

"Small cute things are evil." he said with his eyes still closed.

"That's it?"

"That's it."

"Okay then... are you ready for breakfast?"

"What did you make?"

"Hay."

"Sorry, pretty sure I can't eat that."

"Okay then, what can you eat?"

"I assume... you don't have any meat right?" Anthony opened his eye and saw the shocked expression on Spike's face. "I guess I'm right... then any fruits or vegetables should be alright to eat... or if you eggs that would be good to."

"Oookay... I'll just start on that then" Spike ran back to kitchen. Anthony just shrugged to off and went back to sleep on the floor. Soon enough Spike was done making Anthony his breakfast and woke him up, it was a plate of eggs with some cut up potatoes and carrots. He ate it like it was the first thing he had in a week and after he was done Spike asked him if he could help clean up the library. Anthony was already dead set on helping from when he came back and nodded. Despite the mess, it didn't take them long to finish cleaning and once the last book was in place they heard the sound of trumpets being blown.

"Celestia must be here, wanna go see her?" Spike ask Anthony.

"No thanks, I have a feeling that she wont be here long."

"Why do you say that?" Just then door to the library opens up and the last pony that Anthony thought he would see was standing there.

"Yes why do you think that? Princess Celestia asked looking at Anthony. Upon seeing Celestia, Spike bowed down and Anthony just stood there frozen in place. "What is the matter Anthony, does my presences here shock you that much?"

"N-No Princess." Anthony able to move again bows down to Celestia.

"There is no need to be so formal please, raise your heads." They do so and Celestia walks in to the library followed by Twilight and Fluttershy. The five of them move into the main room and sit. "Well Anthony, I should first start off by saying that this is the first time that any of your species has ever entered Equestria, so may I ask you how you manged to get here?"

"Uhm... sure, I can tell you what I know, but its not much... now that I think about uhm..." Anthony looks at the other three, "It might be best to go into full detail in private... if that's Okay." the rest of them look at him with weird looks but Celestia nodded and he continued, "Alright then... I think I should start with that I'm... from a different world then yours." again with the strange looks but only from the other three, but Celestia kept her composure. "And I am what is called a human and how I got here, I'm not sure. The last thing I remember from before I got here was... coming home from a party and there was a light falling from the sky, I ran from it and tripped, then I found myself waking up in the forest."

"Do you mean the Everfree forest? Wasn't it scary?" Fluttershy spoke up.

"Not really, I didn't run into any thing that wanted to eat me so it wasn't that bad, but I did run into a singing sea serpent named Steven Magnet. If it wasn't for him I would have never gotten out of there."

Celestia nodded her head and started speaking, "Well I'm glad that you came out of there safely. The second thing I would like to say, is that after the report I got from my most faithful student Twilight Sparkle, I'm considering taking you back to Canterlot with me until I'm sure that your not a danger to anypony." the other ponies gasped.

"But Princess that's, that's not fair." Twilight Spoke out.

"Shes right! You can't take Anthony away after all he’s done!" Fluttershy yelled at the Princess."Uhm... s-sorry..."

"And that brings me to my last point. From what I heard from Fluttershy, you found a way to drive back the Parasprites and did it yourself. Because of your actions, you saved Ponyville from destruction and preserved this day that everypony in Ponyville worked so hard for, and for that I give you my thanks, and my apology for thinking that you where a threat to Equestria."

"I accept your apology Celestia even though its not needed and... you're welcome."

"I have one more thing to say before I must get back to Canterlot. Anthony, for your actions in saving Ponyville from the Parasprite swarm, I hereby give you full citizenship in Ponyville." Twilight and Fluttershy both gaps in excitement and run over to Anthony to give him a hug. "I'm sorry, but I must leave now, duty calls." Celestia walks out of the library leaving the three with there group hug, which Anthony was both loving and hating at the same time. He hated it because the ponies were invading his personal space, but is loving it because for once in his life he felt... accepted.