• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 2,947 Views, 78 Comments

Making the Best of it - Flame6666



When a man with a shell as thick as the planet is sent to Equestria, will he change or not?

  • ...
7
 78
 2,947

Prologue

Making the Best of it

Prologue

"I can't believe he is dragging me to this party... I know he said that it was just a few of his other friends but still..." thought Anthony while glaring ahead in the car.

Garrett looked over at Anthony and let out a sigh, "You know that I'm doing this for your own good right? You need to get out there and meet other people, I'm worried about you man. It seems like I'm your only your only friend."

"I know I know... its just I really don't like meeting other people and YES I KNOW OTHER PEOPLE!!!" Anthony yelled.

"Really? Who... some 12 year old kids on xbox?"

"Ye.. yes..." Anthony said while looking down, twiddling his thumbs.

"Hey its all right, your going to make some cool friends there and have a blast, I promise." Garrett said with a reassuring voice.

"I hope so... anyway why did you ask me to bring my laptop and a projector?"

"Well your the only person I know that has 50 or so pirated anime and movies on his laptop who also has his own projector..... If you haven't pieced it together yet we are going to be watching some."

"That's the real reason you are bringing me isn't it?"

"Well that was the first reason yes, but I was serious about you making some friends man. How old are you, 20? And yet you only have me as a friend, honestly that's a bit sad."

"You know you a dick some times right?"

"Yes... yes I do." Garrett answered with a mischievous smile.

---------------At the Party---------------

The rest of the dive was silent unto they finally got the house.

"Aaaannnd here we are." Garrett proclaimed while turning into the drive way.

"That was a lot shorter than I thought it was going to be, what is like... 3 or 4 miles from my place?" Anthony asked.

"About that I guess," Garrett said a bit uninterested in the topic "Anyway are you ready for the night of your LIFE!?!?" he said with a a lot more life in his voice.

letting out a sigh before responding, " Ready as I'll ever be, just don't expect me to be the life of the party."

Garrett simply nodded with a smile.

The house itself was a bit bigger than what Anthony thought it would be. It was a 2 story with a big front yard with what looked like a equally big back yard, it was already dark so he couldn't make out the color to well but looked like light blue. As they got closer to the door they could hear a few voices.

"OK guys they should be here in a few minutes and from what Garrett said his friend is very shy around new people so, be nice to him and give him a little space when he needs it."

"Why? If he wants friends then he should just act like a normal person and suck it up."

"Na I agree with Jared, its a little sad when you know someone has no friends, so we should make fell at hom.."

Right then Garrett opened the door and gave the other 3 a glare and said, "Hey guys how you doing, good? Great yeah, this is Anthony and he got the goods." he steps out of the way to show Anthony to the others and after a few seconds of silence...

"He is a little bigger than I thought he woul" WHACK, the man standing to his right hit him over the head "OOWWWW what was that for Jared?"

"Why am I friends with you again Jack?" he asked with a look on his face that could make a God feel scared.

"Because I let you hit me without calling the cops." Jack said with a sarcastic tone.

"Your such a jackass sometimes Jack-ass. Anyway I'm Philip nice to meet you." he said while extending his hand

"Uhm... nice... to meet you too" Anthony said nervelessly.

"And I'm Jared and this Jack-ass is...well Jack." extending his own hand after Philip was done.

"Can you stop saying it like that, I don't mind being called jackass but NOT Jack-ass "sigh" I cruse my parents for naming me Jack." with Jared done with the hand shake he nudges Jack, "Hmm? oh right sorry. I'm Jack but everyone here calls me Jack-ass." again Jared nudges him, "Aaaannnd I'm sorry for the joke before, someone had to say something to break the silence."

"It's...it's fine." Anthony said still a bit nervous.

"Good now that introductions have been made, shall we get this PARTY STARTED!?!?!" Garrett yelled excitedly.

"Hell yeah, I'll get the beer" Jack said running off to the kitchen.

Anthony's eyes grew big with worry, "B-Beer?"

Jared looked at him noticing his shock, "Uhm... don't worry, you don't have to drink if you don't wanna."

Anthony felt relived to hear that and the night went on with a hitch... for the most park. All though everyone was having a blast, drinking, watching some random anime and movies, even though all this fun was happening Anthony never said another word to anyone and it wasn't until around 11Pm that Garrett finally noticed.

"Hey... has anyone... heard from Antho"HIC"ny... at all?" Garrett said with a drunk filter.

"Nope... I'm sure he is fine though" Philip said only fairing a little better than Garrett.

"I... I don't think so... hey someone call him over... he has to get at least one conver"HIC"sation in." Garrett said stumbling out the words.

Jared being the most sober yelled out to Anthony, "HEY ANTHONY GET OVER HERE!!!" Anthony jumped a little and walked on over, "I got him Garrett."

Taking a few more swigs of the liquid of life (as he called it) finally said " Thanksman...hey Tony rememberwhen I asked you to get that onecartoon? You know the one Jared wanted for hisdaughter I told you about."

"Uhm... you mean that pony show?" Anthony asked.

"Oh so you got it then?" Jared asked back and all Anthony did nod his head, "Cool thanks man, my daughter Jess was dieing to see it. So is it any good? I heard that there are like millions of fans out there and most of witch are grown men. So did you like it?"

Anthony, still felling out of place, finally got into a talkative mood because it was about one of the subjects that he can talk to anyone about, anime/cartoons "W-Well to be honest I don't see what the deal is... I mean sure the flash animation is really, really good and from what I watched of it, the writing is... so so, but... to be honest I... I only got to the 2nd episode."

"Whys that?" Jared asked.

"Well the main pony... I think its name is Twilight said something really cheesy about friendship and a spark at the end and I just kinda... felt that it wasn't a show for me."

"Its sounds to me that you aren't giving the show a fair chance, but anyway I think its about time you guys lift, its getting late." Jared told him.

Anthony looks up to see the projection on the wall to see the time, "Damn 11:24, yeah we should be going. Hey Garre... uhm... hes asleep." its true, Garrett is out cold from hes liquid of life, drooling on the lazyboy chair... but not only Garrett but Jack and Philip too, on the table and floor respectively.

"Crap... uhm... can you drive? I don't think anyone else here can" Jared ask.

"Sorry no... I didn't bring my license....... uhm... I think they should stay here... I can just pack up and walk home."

"Are you sure? Its late, you can crash here for tonight" Jared tried to point out.

"No thanks, its not that far really... besides I could... I could us the exercise." Anthony looked down but realized he couldn't see his feet.

"If you say so man, just stay on the sidewalk and watch out for cars and such... oh and the next you come can you give me the pony stuff, my daughter might have my head if she finds out that you where here but i didn't get it, you know. hehe."

So the two packed up the gear and Anthony left the blue house to start the long trip home. He was about one mile away from his house when there it was, way up in the sky, a bright golden light falling to him. "What in the world is that? Is it a star? No its... its getting closer!!! Shit got to run, got to RUN!" and so he ran, he ran has far has his burning legs could take and when he was only a few more houses away from his home he tripped. As much as he tried, he could not get up and soon enough the light trapped him in its glow and he blacked out and where he turns up, only a cruel god would know...


---------------Authors Notes---------------

Well that was fun, no honestly it was
I thought just reading fanfic was fun, but writing it was even more so.
Anyway just a reminder this was my first fanfic
and the first chapter of said fanfic
so please read, review, and most of all criticize