• Published 24th Oct 2013
  • 787 Views, 13 Comments

Who are you? - Mineing Daimond



After getting flung into a nearby forest a changeling meets a yellow pony.

  • ...
4
 13
 787

Chapter I

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. Fluttershy was taking care of her animals like usual she was currently taking care of her bees to get some honey for her delicious sweet cake that she was making for a party pinkie was planning. Sure pinkie usually made all the delicious treats but Fluttershy felt bad how pinkie literally did everything for the parties so she asked her if she could help with anything. Just as she was about to finish Angel came up and poked at her hoof.

"What is it Angel?" she was more focused on the honey more than Angel at the moment. "I have to finish collecting this honey for Pinkie's party, I don't want to let Pinkie down." Angel persisted with each poke becoming harder and harder. "Okay Angel what is happening that needs my full attention?" She looked around nothing seemed wrong. "You know Angel, it just pasted lunch time it's not my fault you weren't hungry." She continued to get more honey. Angel now pulled at her light yellow fur. "Oh, you want to show me something?" The bunny nodded his head. "Well I suppose the honey can wait for now, lead the way!"

They came a little inwards into the forest until they reached a small clearing. "You now you shouldn't be out here Angel it can be scar-" she was cut off by a changeling terrorizing some innocent blue jays. An, anger rushed threw her and with all her might threw herself on top of the creature pinning him down. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" the changeling quivered with fear.

"I was just helping these birds here," she looked familiar he couldn't place his hoof on it though, "you see that branch broke and their nest fell so i was just helping by putting it an a more suitable branch." He said nervously.

"HOW DO I KNOW YOU WEREN'T HARMING THEM?!" Her voice was so loud birds in the distance flew away.

"If I wanted to do any damage then that nest would have fallen as soon as you pounced." he was still trying to remember who she was.

She checked it to make sure, it was in deed it was floating with a grey glow around it. "Alright," she said still trying to act tough "I'm going to let you up and you better not try anything or you'll be dead, you hear me?" He nodded in fright, with that she got off of him. She was expecting him to run instead he walked over to the birds whispered something to them and put them on a good looking branch. "What did you say to them?" He reminded her of herself only way less shy.

"I said I was sorry for all the disturbance, that I caused to them." With that he started to walk off.

"Wait!" Fluttershy shouted. He turned towards her. "I'm sorry."

"Why? You saw an 'enemy attacking' these birds, why are you sorry?" He said trying to act stronger than he was.

"I'm sorry I assumed you were going to be harmful." She said with all her kindness it was hard apologizing to a recent enemy if he even was one. "What's your name?" The only question left to ask.

"I don't remember!" He started to cry a little "The day that giant 'love bubble' threw my kind out of Canterlot I got flung out here and an impact of that magnitude made me forget everything, the only reason I know about that day is because I read it in an old news paper!"

That explained why he was so nice to help the birds. "Well, would you want to come back to my house to stay for the night?"

"Well I wouldn't want to trouble you." He was talking about his food source of course.

"Of course not! I have an empty guest room for you to use and-" she was cut off by him

"No, I mean food wise you wouldn't mind me taking some of your love, would you? I've been here for a long time and I don't remember getting food at all." He asked in a shy manner knowing that she could just leave him to die.

"Why haven't you had anything to eat?" she asked I thought changelings could take any love. she thought

"I can't bring myself to take it from any ponies. They all look so happy and I couldn't hurt them." He said sadly

That made her angry. Why did she take so much pity on this creature that had once tried to take over the kingdom? "Come with me." she said.

"Where?" He had to only wonder.

"To your new home." She said pushing a worried Angel along.

As they where walking the rabbit kept giving him an angry look. "Who's the adorable bunny?" He asked after a long while, Petting Angel.

"That's Angel he can be stubborn at times but is nice when you get to know him." She was glad he cared about animals like she did, he would have a wonderful time at her house.

"He doesn't seem like it." As he said that the bunny swatted his hoof away. His paws felt like two pieces of cotton against his hard shell.

"Well maybe you two are friends already." Angel stuck his tongue out at him. "Angel that's not how we treat guests." Angel snickered and ran in front of them.

"I'm sorry, but I forgot to ask your name Ms." He can't belive he forgot to ask he was staying with her after all.

"It's okay, my names Fluttershy." That made him feel more comfortable knowing a new and only ponies name.

After a couple of more minutes they reached the back yard of her house. "This is it. Welcome to my house, or well its back yard."

"Hmm, I've never knew that anypony could have a back yard. Back at the 'hive' I think we called it I think we never had a back yard or a yard for that matter." Interested in this yard for one reason all the different animals. "It's amazing, it's like a whole ecosystem back here." There were many animals chickens, birds, hummingbirds, even some otters.

"I thought you'd like it." She said with a smile

"I don't like it. I love it." His eyes looked filled with joy. Untill he saw the bees "Oh, Celestia." Was it Celestia?

"What is it?" she hoped nothing was wrong.

"I never liked bees a nest fell on my head one time and I think you know the rest." He really seemed uncomfortable their.

"Really? That happened?" She said with a giggle a changeling afraid of bees she thought they where supposed to be tough.

"I suppose it was silly I don't think they could penetrate my hard shell anyway." He felt dumb now, and weak.

"I suppose I should show you to your room." she added. With that they walked into the house.

It was a nice sized house with a living room as you entered, stairs to the right, back was a kitchen. They walked up the stairs and to a room on the left. Bed in the middle and table with a lamp on it next to it with bookcases to each side.

"Looks like a bed room, I think." he said

"Uh, thanks?" she couldn't tell if that was a compliment or not

"Well, if you don't mind I'd like to try the bed sleeping on the ground makes you really tried in the mornings." He said with a yawn.

"Sure, I'll be out back if you need anything." She walked to the door.

"Fluttershy?" He said

"Yes?"

"Thank you for taking me in, where's every other pony would have turned me away, or worse."

"You're welcome." She closed the door. Now she just needed a way to tell her friends about how a changeling was staying with her.

Author's Note:

Jeez, this took long to find an idea. Whenever I found one I then would read a story that had the basis of my idea.

Ha i was thinking about the wicker man toward the bee part.