• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 1,393 Views, 27 Comments

The Memory Remains - PeriodicBrony



Twilight, who suffered from an incurable disease. What can she do for her friends?

  • ...
3
 27
 1,393

Chapter 3 : The Gifts... (Part 2)

Chapter 3 : The Gifts... (Part 2)

In the Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack had finished her morning work and was resting under the tree. She was thinking about what Spike had said yesterday. She worried about her friend.

‘What's she up to this time.’ Applejack thought to herself.

She got up and walked to the barn. She wanted to cool down from the morning work. Suddenly in a spark of purple light Twilight appeared before her.

“Twilight, is that you?” She asked a purple unicorn with confusing looked.

“It’s me, Applejack. I need to talk to you” She answered with a weak smile.

“Okay, Sugarcube. Ah have a lot of question to ask you too.” Applejack still didn’t understand what happened but she thought that this is a good chance to talk to her about yesterday.

They walked inside the barn and sat around table. “Let me get you some tea.” Applejack offered.

“No thanks, Applejack. I don’t have much time.” said Twilight with a weak tone.

Applejack sat down and asked “Where were you Twilight? Everypony worried about you. Even Spike has to call us to the library yesterday.” She noticed that Twilight look pale than she should be.

“I’m sorry AJ I supposed I own you all and apologize, but I think an explanation will have to wait.” She looked down at the table.

“It’s alright, sugarcube. I’m glad that you are okay. So what do you want to talk about? Is there something troubling you lately?” She put her hoof on Twilight’s with concerned look.

“It’s nothing, AJ. I’m fine. I’m working on some kind of project right now and I am here to give you something,” said Twilight as she turned to grab something from her bag and gave it to Applejack.

“A locket with mah cutie mark?” She asked her friend with her eyebrows quirked up.

“It’s something I want you to discover. This locket filled with magical aura that will help you understand more about yourself and the meaning of your friendship. I wish I have the time to tell you about the details, but I need to give this to the others too.” She got up and trotted over to her friend.

“What are you talkin-” But before Applejack could finish her sentence. She got interrupted by a powerful hug from her friend. She didn’t understand, but she hugged her friend back. As she stood there she began to notice some tears on her shoulder. It was a long hugged that normally Twilight wouldn’t do, but she couldn’t find the words to ask her.

Twilight let go of her friend and said “Take care, AJ.” She smiled and waved goodbye to her friend then teleported away leaving Applejack confused in her barn.

-----------------------------------------------

She teleported from Sweet Apple Acres to Fluttershy’s cottage, but instead she ended up in the Everfree forest. “Maybe I’m still exhausted from earlier.” she mumbled to herself as she re-adjusted her breathing.

“Well It looks like I have to walk then.” She walked out from the forest as she made her way to Fluttershy’s cottage that was located at the edge of the forest.

As the forest cleared she arrived in Fluttershy’s backyard. She was suddenly surrounded by the variety of animals Fluttershy kept outside. She noticed her friend walking out of her cottage to greet her.

“Oh! Twilight, you’re back! We were so worried about you!” said Fluttershy, “Please come inside.” she motioned towards her cottage.

“I’m sorry, Fluttershy, is it a bad time to visit?” Twilight asked her friend as she sat down on the couch.

“Oh! No no no, don’t worry. I just finished teaching my animal how to defend themselves from other creatures and I have a lot of question to ask you to. Um… if you don’t mind.” said Fluttershy while hiding her face in her mane.

“Thank you, Fluttershy.” She smiled softly.

“It’s always nice to have a chat with a friend after taking care of the animals food and making sure they have everything that they need,” said Fluttershy as she brought out some tea and handed it to her friend.

“First, I want to apologize for worrying you, Fluttershy. I just needed some time alone. I hope you don’t mind.” Twilight said with an apologetic face.

“It’s okay, Twilight. You don’t have to worry. We all need sometimes alone.” She smiled.

Twilight poured some tea into her cup and began sipping. Fluttershy did the same. Silence filled in the room before Fluttershy suddenly decided to speak up.

“So have you gone to meet the Princesses?” She asked Twilight while noticing sweat forming along Twilight’s forehead; a lot of sweat.

“Yes, Fluttershy, I have met them. It was just some personal stuff.” She answered with a smile.

“You don’t look so well, Twilight. Are you okay?” She asked with worried look on her face.

“I’m okay, Fluttershy. Here, this is yours.” She pulled out a locket from her bag that looked like a butterfly.

“Oh! What is this? A locket with my cutie mark? What is it for Twilight?”

“It’s what's left of- I mean, it should help you understand more about yourself and your friendships you have made. You will find the true meaning of friendship and that locket will show you the way.” She explained.

“I…I don’t understand. I know that I’m the bearer of the Element of Kindness, but I know nothing about friendship. I just don’t think I will be able to understand them like you do,” exclaimed Fluttershy.

“Don’t worry, Fluttershy. You are a great friend anypony could ever ask for. Just be yourself and you’ll be fine; I’m sure of it.” said Twilight as she sat up from the couch and gave her friend a hug.

“I’m going to miss you.” She whispered to herself.

Fluttershy gave her a confused look. “What do you mean Twilight?” She noticed her friend begin to tremble a little as she replied.

“It’s nothing, really.” Twilight said as she broke the hug and wiped the tears from her eyes.

“I have to go now, Fluttershy. I hope to see you again.” She gave her another hug.

“Umm… okay, Twilight. I’ll See you later.” She waved goodbye to her friend.

------------------------------------------------------

Back in Canterlot, Princess Celestia was sitting in the palace’s main hall; where the day and night courts were held. She sighed when the last pony had finally walked out of the hall as a sign that told her today’s work was over but before she could leave she heard the doors open and her sister walked inside.

“Hello, Lulu. The time for you to raise the moon is yet to come. Do you need something?” She asked her sister with a gentle smile on her face.

Luna trotted up to her sister and sat beside her.

“I want to know what Twilight’s planning, I seen you smile after you got her letter.” she replied.

“It’s nothing. My student decided to share her knowledge about friendship to her friends. I think she just want to leave something behind for them.” Celestia explained and invited her sister to sit beside her, as she gave her Twilight’s letter.

Luna began to read through it. It was not long before Celestia saw tears flowing in her sister’s eyes as she her eyes moved along the page. When she finished, she turned to her sister crying and embraced her. Celestia hugged her back with tears in her eyes.

Luna broke their embrace.

We are lucky that we have met such a good friend like her. If it was not for her, I wouldn’t be who I am today.” She smiled happily.

She has done many good things, she saved Equestria from Discord, she helped us fight back those changelings and she even saved the Crystal Empire from King Sombra.” Celestia smiled proudly before it quickly faded just as it had come across her face as she continued.

I wish we could do something for her though…” Her voice trailed off.

Luna put a hoof on her sister’s shoulder “She will come back as brightly as ever.

She gave her sister a reassuring smile. Celestia couldn’t help herself but to cry again, instead this time, she cried out of happiness. Luna quickly joined her and both of them looked out the window to see the sunset together. They sat quietly in the courtroom before Luna broke the silence.

Tia, do you think that it is possible to create a magic that involved in her memories?

Who knows? Maybe it’s possible, and besides, she is Twilight Sparkle after all.” Celestia said as she used her hoof to wiped tears off her sister face. With that answer, Luna smiled to her sister before excused herself and left the main hall.

----------------------------------------------------------

It was already past 3 p.m. as Twilight walked down to the town while she was thinking to herself.

‘Stupid Twilight, now you’re making her worry even more.’ as she thought of whom she should visit next.

“Rainbow Dash might not be a good idea, she’s a hot head and I think it might take too long to convince her, and…” She blushed a little while she mumbled to herself, “Pinkie Pie would be the best! She doesn’t worry about anything!”

Then the thought of her pink friend came up, ‘yet, she was the hardest to handle too.’ She sighed then decided to walk to Carousel boutique.

When she arrived in front of the boutique, she hesitated to go inside. She knew that Rarity would ask her a lot of questions and she couldn’t avoid answer. But with the time she had, she made up her mind and decided to walk up to the door and knocked.

“Rarity, are you in there?” She shouted and then she heard something crashing inside before she heard a responded.

“I’ll be there in a minute, dear!” said Rarity.

Half a minute had passed, then finally the door had opened with a face of her friend appeared with lifeless look on her. Rarity’s eyes grew wide as she saw Twilight.

“Oh! Twilight, I didn’t expect that you would come in today,” said Rarity, “Please, come inside we need to talk!” Twilight smiled at her friend and trotted inside.

“You seem to be busy, Rarity. Are you sure I don’t need to come back some other times?” said Twilight after she saw mess inside the boutique.

“That’s nonsense, dear! I always have times for my friends.” She immediately replied with a smile as she walked to the kitchen.

“Anyway please, sit down and tell me why you have been so down lately.” She came back with a set of teas then she put them down on the table with her magic. Before Twilight could say anything. Rarity gave her a serious look.

“And don’t you lie to me dear. We are your friends and we are ready to help you anyway we can.” Twilight gulped and avoided eye contact,

“I’m just not ready to talk about it right now,” she said, “I promise that you will know soon enough, but right now I have something I need to give you, Rarity.”She then used her magic to levitate something out of her bag and gave it to her friend.

“A locket?” She said with a confused look in her eyes.

“This is not just an ordinary locket. It’s about magic of friendship,” said Twilight, “I just want you to discover the meaning of friendship.”

“Aren’t you always study about this kind of stuff, Twilight?” Rarity replied, “I don’t quite get it-” Then Twilight interrupted her.

“Just be yourself, Rarity and everything is going to be fine. Friendship is the most fascinating thing we all shared.” She smiled and continued, “I just want all of us to understand about it better, that’s all.”

“But I-” before Rarity could say anything she was surprise by her friend embrace.

“I’m so sorry, Rarity. But I don’t have much time. I need to give the others there lockets to.” She spoke while hugged her friend tighter.

Rarity was not pleased with the way Twilight was avoiding her questions, but she understood her. Rarity was not prepared for this but she returned the hugged anyway. Twilight didn’t want to let go but she had to, as she whispered goodbye and began to walk outside. Before Twilight went out Rarity walk up to her.

“Twilight we will have this talk someday later, and don’t avoid it like this time okay?” She gave her a concerned look.

“Someday, Rarity. Someday…” She said it weakly but loud enough for Rarity to be heard, before she hid her tears and left her friend.

------------------------------------------------------

‘Just two more to go!’ She thought to herself and sighed. She walked through Ponyville looking around.

‘I’m really going to miss this place.’ she thought.

The memories of when she first arrived in town flashed back into her mind. If it wasn’t because of her friends she would never find a place like Ponyville that was so amazing. She smiled and proceeded to walked forward, when the delicious-looking building came closer. She could smell the ovens and the thought of some kind of sweet being baked inside made her hungry just thinking about it. She walked up to the door and positioned her hoof to knock on it, but before she could, she had already been tackled by Pinkie Pie from inside Sugarcube Corner.

“Hello, Twilight!” Twilight had been greeting by her friend with a bright smile.

“Pinkie, you always do this!” said Twilight as she sprung herself up and cleared the dust off with her hooves.

“I knew you were gonna come to Sugarcube Corner! Where is Spike, I thought you might have brought him along? He said you were acting really super duper sad! And if you are sad, that will make me feel sad to! So I decided to throw you a little surprise party to cheer you up!” said Pinkie.

‘A Little?’ Twilight thought.

“Sorry for making you worry, Pinkie.” said Twilight.

“Don’t be sorry, silly! Let’s get inside Sugarcube Corner and have some fun.” she bounced up and down before entering Sugarcube Corner motioning to Twilight to follow her inside.

‘This is going to be a long day.’ She sighed and followed her friend.

Inside Sugarcube corner, everything was already set. Streamers, Balloons, Cakes, Drinks and music were already prepared. There was a big sign hanging inside with a ‘Cheer up! Twilight!’ wrote on it.

Twilight had always curious about how could Pinkie managed to set up these parties all by herself. But she never decided to ask her either. She trotted to her friend, who still trying to put more sprinkles onto her delicious-looking cupcakes.

Twilight poked at her friend, “Pinkie, we need to talk-” before she could say anything more her mouth was blocked by a pink hoof.

“Shhh, Twilight!” she whispered as she was placing a last cherry gently on top of her cake. “All done! Now what is it that you wanna talk about, Twilight?” She turned to twilight with a beam on her face.

“I appreciate the party, Pinkie. But I’m in a hurry you see…” she stopped as she saw her friend frown and her mane lost some of its bounce.

“Fine… I guess I can stay a little while Pinkie, but not too long okay?” she sighed and shook her head, as Pinkie became her normal self once again before she leaped into the air and shouted “Hooray! Lets get to partying. Pinkie Pie style!”

After a while, Twilight seemed pleased with the party her friend prepared for her. She nodded as a sign for her friend.

“Oh! Already? I wish it could have been longer, though. Anyway did you have fun Twilight?” Pinkie smiled beamingly at Twilight.

“It was a blast!” she replied with enthusiasm. “Here let me help you clear things up.” Twilight began to use her magic, her horn glowed as the room organizing themselves. In a few seconds everything returned to what it used to be. leaving Twilight with a slight pain, but nonetheless she got the job done.

“Oooh… I wish I had a horn like you, Twilight! Cleaning up would be such a breeze! Then again I’d totally become way too overpowered!” Pinkie said, her neverending smile still attached to her face. Twilight beckoned Pinkie Pie to come and sat down next to her.

“Pinkie, I have something for you.” she pulled out something her bag and hand it to Pinkie as she quickly grabbed it. Her eyes grew wide in excitement and started talking.

“Oooh! What’s this? A gift for me? Thank you so much, Twilight!” she leaned to hug her friend and continued. “It looks so beautiful just like my cutie mark, but mine had three balloons and yours had only one, though. It looks so perfect. Had you give it to anyone yet? Becau-” Twilight pressed her hoof on her friend mouth and said,

“Yes, Pinkie. What I’m trying to say is… That locket will teach you all about friendship. I know it sounds stupid because you already know everypony in Ponyville, but just give it a shot. I’ve given to all of us and I’m on my way to give it to Rainbow Dash. I just want you to learn all about friendship and how important it is.” she sighed as she knew her message had been sent to her friend.

“Okie dokie lokie!” Pinkie bouncing around before she saw Twilight who smiled weakly at her.

“Are you alright, Twilight? Are you still upset? I can throw you another party if you want.”

“I’m okay, Pinkie. I’m just a little tired that’s all, but don’t worry its just been a long day.” Her eyes still gazed at Pinkie, remembered the good old days she shared with this pink mare.

“Come here, Pinkie.” She giggled, as she leaned forward and hugged her friend tightly like Pinkie used to do to her.

“Oh! You want a hug?” Pinkie returned the hug with more force and they stayed in each other embrace for a minute before Twilight begged Pinkie to let go.

“I think it’s time for me to go.” Twilight still looked at her friend who still smiled at her innocently, but before she could go. She turned back to her friend.

“Promise me that you will stay the same, Pinkie.” she said while trying to stop herself from crying.

“Don’t be silly, Twilight. Why would I not be me?” After hearing that, Twilight could finally smile cheerfully as she waved goodbye to her friend and made her way out of Sugarcube Corner.

------------------------------------------------------

It was getting dark outside. Twilight looked at the Clock Tower, It was 5 p.m. already and she still hadn’t visited her friend, Rainbow Dash. She didn’t want to waste more times so she decided to teleport to her home, then she remember that Rainbow’s house was on the cloud. She gritted her teeth and using her magic to make a cloud-walking spell. It took sometimes but she finally managed to do it. She thought of Rainbow’s house as her horn lit up with a magenta glow and in the next second she vanished.

Arrived safe and sound or that was what she thought, and then she noticed her hooves weren’t on the cloud and she was starting to fall from the sky. She was in shocked. All she could do right now was screaming and waiting for her life to end.

Then suddenly a cyan mare with rainbow mane caught her eyes as she was falling. She saw her friend panicked and diving from above her as they were getting closer to the ground. Rainbow Dash flapped her wing furiously trying to go as fast as possible. Then the last thing Twilight could remember was a rainbow that spreading across the sky and a face of her friend zoomed up to her. Fear and panicked was shown on her face then she passed out.

“Aww… My head…” Twilight groaned as she woke up and saw Rainbow Dash sat on the couch waiting for something.

“You’re awake! Thank Celestia!” She yelled out in relief, then turned to anger, “What were you thinking?! You could have been killed for Celestia sake!” She stomped her hoof on the cloud that made a very light ‘poof’ sound.

“I’m sorry, Rainbow. I’m not quite myself lately, I tried to teleport here but it turned out as you see.” Guilt was shown on her face, and then she noticed her friend eyes became teary.

“What if I weren’t here.” Her sound trembled, “I wouldn’t be able to save you and you would have died and… and-” she couldn’t finish her sentence and she started to cry.

Twilight couldn’t believe what she had just witnessed. She never thought that Rainbow Dash would actually cry for her. Her heart sank to the ground as she realized what she had done, but she felt happy that Rainbow Dash was worrying about her. She got up from the bed and walked to Rainbow Dash who was still crying.

“I’m so sorry, Rainbow. I promise I will never do that again, and thanks for saving me out there. You’re so awesome! I can see why everypony love your stunted.” Twilight trying her best to comfort her friend and it seemed to work.

“I’m sorry too, Twilight. I didn’t mean to yell at you.” She wiped off her tears and continued, “And don’t you tell anypony about this, it’s embarrassing. I don’t want to make them think that ‘Rainbow Dash’ is a sappy pony.” Rainbow grinned sheepishly while Twilight was laughing at her.

Twilight carefully looked at her friend. She noticed her mane, her wings, her athlete body and of course her beautiful pair of eyes, it was like she was under some kind of spell, she couldn’t stop looking at her, and then the voice interrupted her.

“Err… Hello? Earth to Twilight! Are you still in there?” Rainbow was waving her hoof in front of her friend.

“Uhh… Sorry, Rainbow. I’m still feeling dizzy.” She answered with a deep blush on her cheek.

“Okay… Anyway, it’s getting dark here.” Rainbow spoke up, “Do you want to stay for a night?”

Twilight quickly replied, “I appreciate the offer, but I really don’t have the time.”

Rainbow was a little bit disappointed. They both went silent for a while then they decided to spoke up at the same time.
“Rainbow/Twilight!” “You first!” “No, you first!” They stared in to each other for a few seconds before both of them burst out laughing.

“Rainbow, you go first.” Twilight smiled at her.

Rainbow was surprised by the smile twilight gave her, she blushed a little before continue. “Okay… Um… You are having some trouble lately right?” she asked with an unsure voice.

“It was nothing, really.” Twilight said with a low voice. Rainbow knew there was something going on with her, She rolled her eyes before gave Twilight a warm smile,

“You know you can always count on me if you need any help.” Twilight face had become red once again.

“T-T-Thank you, R-Rainbow…” She avoided eye contact with her friend, “It’s just something personal that’s all.”

‘keep it together Twilight Sparkle.’ She thought to herself.

‘Come on, Rainbow Dash! Just told her already!’ Rainbow thought while slammed her hoof on the desk.

“Err… Is everything alright Rainbow?” Twilight was confused. Rainbow seemed to realize what she just did.

“Sorry, I thought I saw a bee.” she lied and with another blushed, Rainbow took a closer look at her friend, a plain purple unicorn who was everything she could ever ask for. She still had no clue of why she had fall for this mare.

‘Maybe because she is Twilight Sparkle after all.’ She thought to herself

“Umm… Twi, I want to tell you that I… Err… I…” She keep struggling with her words.

“I-I L-L-Lo-” She was blushing furiously.

“You what?” Twilight asked

“I love to read Daring Do!” Rainbow tried to fake a smile on her face.

“Okay… Is that it?” Twilight was confused while Rainbow was smacking her hoof in to her face.

‘I can’t say it’ She thought to herself then nodded to Twilight question.

Twilight was taking a deep breath before she spoke up to cut the silence, “Rainbow, I have something for you.” then she showed Rainbow a locket of her cutie mark.

“A locket? For me? Thanks Twi, but you know I’m not a fashion type so-” Twilight interrupted her.

“It’s about friendship… I want you to know the meaning of friendship like I do, even though it’s not perfect, but it’s worth a try right?” She smiled at her friend.

Rainbow was confused. She was about to ask, but Twilight didn’t let her.

“Just keep it close to you, okay?” Rainbow saw an expression on Twilight’s face that told her she was not alright, but she was too afraid to ask. Then silence filled the room once again.

‘Just let it go, Rainbow, you have something more important to tell her right?’ She thought.

‘just tell her how you feel.’ Rainbow had made up her mind. But before she could say anything. Twilight leaned forward to hug her. Rainbow was panicked. She didn’t expect a hug from her friend.

Twilight hugged Rainbow tightly like it was the last hug she could have and it actually is. Tears from her eyes began to pour down like crazy, she couldn’t hold it in anymore, not in front of the mare she want to spend her life with. She didn’t want to leave her. She wanted to stay like this forever. Rainbow noticed her friend tears. She couldn’t say it not right now. All she could do was let Twilight cry.

A few seconds had passed but it seemed like a few minutes to them. Twilight wanted to stay like this as long as she could, but she needed to go.

“I have to go now, Rainbow. I hope to see you again soon.” Her voice trailed off as she wiped off her tears and smiled weakly at her friend, before her horn lit up then she was gone. Rainbow Dash couldn’t say a single word. She stood there like a stone still feeling confused and unsatisfied.

“I love you…” She mumbled to herself.

------------------------------------------------------

Twilight arrived at her library once again, but her body felt weak. She still saw pain in Rainbow eyes, the way she made her feel. She couldn’t believe she just left like that.

“I love you, Rainbow!” she shouted, tears in her eyes. She couldn’t help it anymore and began to cry helplessly.

“I’m sorry... I’m so so sorry…” Twilight couldn’t control herself anymore. She couldn’t tell Rainbow that she loved her. She didn’t want to see Rainbow sad. She screamed and threw some stuff around the room before she heard someone from upstairs. She just realized that Spike was in the library all day. Then she saw him, shocked and confused. He rubbed his eyes like he couldn’t believe what he just saw. He ran toward Twilight with tears.

“A-Are you alright, Twilight? Are you hurt?” His voice was trembling.

He hugged Twilight immediately after he got close to her, with that it made Twilight cried even harder, she let her emotions run through. She didn’t care anymore right now she just wanted to cry to someone. Spike knew that something really bad happened to her, he just didn’t know what; He was just too afraid to ask. He felt so helpless that he started to cry with her until they fell asleep.

A few hours later, Twilight woke up and saw Spike sleeping beside her.

“I’m sorry to trouble you, Spike.” She whispered to him.

She knew that if she didn’t explain everything to him and he found out later that she was gone. It would break his heart. She decided to write a letter to him, explained everything. When she finished she turned to give Spike a kiss on his forehead.

“Goodnight, Spike.” She smiled at the sleeping dragon.

Twilight had finished everything she wanted to do and now she was ready. She turned to look at the picture of her and her friends one last time before she casted a spell and teleported to Canterlot.

------------------------------------------------------

Back at the hospital, Twilight had arrived just in time. The princesses had finished their night court and waiting for her returned. She walked up to them

“Hello again, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.” She bowed down at them and continued.

“I’m sorry to keep you waiting.” Her face looked paler than before.

“It’s okay, Twilight. Just take some rest,” said Princess Celestia. “We just arrived here too.” She said smiling down at her.

“How is it going, Twilight?” Luna asked, “Did you tell them the truth?” she gave her a concerned look.

“Not yet, but they are about to know… When I’m gone.” She stated her voice started to go a bit off.

Celestia pulled her into a hug, “They will understand and I’m sure you will see them again one day, my faithful student.” She gave her a smile that warmed her heart and tears began to fall down from their eyes. Princess Luna looked at both of them, as much as she wanted to comfort her sister and her friend, she couldn’t. She just smiled and hoped that everything was going to be fine.

“Is she ready?” a voice interrupted them as one of the doctors came in the room.

“Oh!” Luna yelped in surprise and quickly regained her composure.

“Is it time already?” Luna gave him a worried look.

The doctor nodded his head, “I think now would be the best time, your highness.”

Celestia looked at Twilight, guilty and pain for not being able to help her student was all over her head. She didn’t want Twilight to go, but there was no way else to save her. She didn’t want her to worry so the best she could do was to cheer her up.

Celestia helped Twilight get back on the bed and whispered into her ear, “Do you have anything else to say, Twilight?” She was trying her best to make sure her voice was not trembling.

“Thank you for everything, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Tell my friends I said ‘Goodbye’.” Her voice was getting lower as the doctor injected the drug in to her body.

“We’ll meet again, my faithful student.” That was the last thing she could hear before everything went black.

------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash was upset, not because she didn’t deliver her message out, but because she saw that Twilight was upset. She didn’t even ask her anything yet she yelled at her and it made her feel guilty. She walked around her room thinking.

‘I have to make it up for her, but what should I do?’ Suddenly, she felt a chill down her spine like something bad was going to happen.

A picture of her friend fell down from the table. She picked it up and only saw a small crack on twilight’s part. She knew something bad happened to her. She unfolded her wings ready to take off, but quickly noticed something on her table. A locket, the one Twilight gave her, was glowing. She walked slowly at it full with curiosity. She reached her hoof out to grab it. Suddenly, a light blinded her.

“Argh!” she shouted out. The light was fading and she was standing in some kind of white foggy room.

“What happened? Where am I?” She looked around and saw nothing then she noticed some shadows beginning to close up on her.

“Who’s there?” She shouted but there was no replied. She began to tremble in fear and then she shouted again.

“I said who’s there?!” This time not only just no answer, but the shadow was began to move closer.

She couldn’t think of anything but she knew she had to run then suddenly, she couldn’t move. The shadows were getting closer and closer, Rainbow was terrified.

“Please don’t hurt me!” She was trembling and her eyes were shut tight. Suddenly, she heard some giggling and she heard a familiar voice.

“Who’s gonna hurt ya, sugarcube?” It was Applejack and her friends. Pinkie was on the ground laughing before she sprang herself up.

“Rainbow, you should see the look on your face.” Pinkie said before all of them burst out laughing again. Rainbow just sat there confusing and embarrassing.

“We didn’t mean to scare you, Rainbow.” Rarity said while holding her laugh.

“Who said I was scare?” Rainbow yelled with a red blush appeared on her face.

“I was just-” Rainbow was interrupted by Applejack,

“We know, sugarcube, we know.” She rolled her eyes and grinned sheepishly at her.

Rainbow was blushing hard before she blurted out, “What were you all doing here and where are we?”

“We don’t know either, dear” Rarity replied.

“We were minding our own business before the locket was glowing and in the next second I was here.” Rarity turned to look at Fluttershy who was hiding behind Pinkie.

“Um… I was resting after a long day of taking care of the animals… um… then I saw the light and the next thing I know I was here too,” said Fluttershy.

“So… y’all were gettin’ that from Twilight?” Applejack asked and pointed at the lockets on everypony’s necks.

“Yes!” They said in unison, before Fluttershy continued.

“She came to visit me today and give me this butterfly locket.” Fluttershy finished.

“Oh! Just like your cutie mark! Mine has a balloon too, I throw her a party today, it was a small party though, but we had a lot of fun!” Pinkie said before she jumped around the room.

“She came to visit me today too and this is what I got.” Then Rarity showed them her gem locket.

“Ah think we get the idea that Twilight came to visit and gave us these lockets, but ah don’t understand why we are here either.” Applejack claimed. .

“I see you’re already here.” A voice startled them and Rainbow was the first to recognize the sound.

“Twilight, is that you? Where are you? Are you alright?” Rainbow was desperate and everypony seemed to notice.

“I’m here.” A voice called out. Everypony turned around as they were face to face with Twilight as she stood in front of them.

Author's Note:

Ah! It's good to be back. I'm so sorry for not publish this sooner. I'm a little busy with my college stuff. So, I will update the next chapter as soon as I can and thanks again for still reading my story. See you next chapter!