• Published 25th Oct 2011
  • 26,190 Views, 2,335 Comments

Heroes and Allies - LewisClarke



A great force threatens to destory Equestria and worlds beyond... Can two very diffrent peoples band together to stop it?

  • ...
76
 2,335
 26,190

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Nineteen: More Down Time

Chapter Nineteen. More Down Time.


Personal mental log of Major Bronze Leaf.

To be honest, I don't know how long I've been here. Hours, Days, Weeks? Constant darkness has a way of shaking up one's perception of time. Veltor has managed to steal glow-rods, medical supplies, even extra food when they take him, but it's still quite miserable here. They're still trying to beat every last piece of information they need out of me, but I stand strong. Figuratively anyway. My legs are still healing from the last interrogation. Despite my pain, my thoughts turn to those I served with. I remember seeing them run away, but I have no idea what happened afterward. Have the princesses been rescued? Were they executed like enemy planned? It's hard to hold hope when questions like that are on the table. Either way-

Veltor awoke from an injury related slumber. "Major Leaf? Please do not "crack up" now. We must hold on to our sanity if we are to survive."

"Sorry. Talking to myself helps calm my nerves. Don't worry, I'm not talking to any voices or anything, just speaking my thoughts out loud."'

"Fine. Has the council requested your presence while I was... gone?"

"Yes. And I only told them basic Information on the alien- humans. Though they just may be starting to believe that I really don't know anything."

In the pale blue light of the glow-rod, the griffin's expression changed to that of worry. "That is not necessarily a good thing. Once they believe you have nothing left to offer them, they will simply depose of you."

"And what exactly is it that they want so badly?"

"Base locations. Weapons schematics. Tactics. That is what they want. They have simply toyed with you at this point. They will break your will if you continue to stand between them and the information they seek."

"I guess. But what else can I do? I have an obligation to my country. Just like you have with yours."

"Indeed. And they will test the limits of that obligation. I legitimately wish you the best when that time comes."

"Well, I legitimately thank you for that."

The cells grew quiet as each of they two occupants retreated to their own thoughts.

The major looked up. "You know, this would be a lot less boring if you told one of those stories you keep saying you'll tell me."

"Perhaps. Where did I leave off?"

"Something about a ram and some filly, starting some kind of war, right?"

"Ah, yes."


********************



The new arrivals at Zero Base and the Ponyville shanty built on where the current residents left off, using whatever they brought to add to the makeshift community. Ponies came from across the land, traversing mountains and valleys, just to make it to this supposed safe haven. In the streets, or rather pathways, ponies went about their usual duties. Storefronts and small shops were put up by business savvy mares and stallions willing to sell their wares, or to otherwise profit in spite of the conditions. In one such spot, a unicorn mare performed magic tricks to keep the residents in high spirits. During one of that said mare's breaks, another unicorn mare decided to drop by.

"I have to admit, I didn't think I'd see you around again. Or at least, not so soon."

"Of course not. The Great and Powerful Trixie had many other places to go, many other places to see! She had no reason to return to this quaint little town."

"Of course. Might I ask what exactly you're doing here? We both know you aren't doing any real magic."

Trixie shook her head and sighed. "You just don't get it, do you Sparkle? And Trixie thought you were the smart one of your little group. Don't you see? Any unicorn can use magic to perform parlor tricks. But the Great and Powerful Trixie can shine even without the use of her magic! Through cunning and slight of hoof, she can amaze all who gaze upon her!"

Twilight didn't look impressed.

"Trixie does not need your seal of approval, because she already has adoring fans."

Twilight sighed. "What are you talking about?"

Trixie waved her hoof mysteriously, then in a puff of blue smoke, a large bucket appeared.

"Wait! How'd you do that?!" Twilight questioned.

"Trixie already told you. Slight of hoof."

The perplexed purple unicorn looked into the bucket. Inside, a substantial amount of bits were stacked, accompanied by similar sized silver colored coins, with strange pictures she didn't recognize. There were also a slips of light green paper stacked next to the coins. Twilight stuck her head into the bucket and pulled out one of the silver coins with her teeth.

"Hey! Hooves off of Trixie's earnings!"

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Calm down, I just want to look at it." She dropped the coin onto one of her hooves to inspect it. On the face, the coin had a large bird, spreading its wings and looking to the right. It appeared to be perched on some kind of log, with leaves spread out around it. Twilight dropped the coin back into the bucket and pulled out one of the pieces of paper. She unfolded the bill, and a picture of a white haired human male stared back at her.

"Hmm. I can't tell if he's smiling or frowning. I'm guessing this is some kind of human currency. It says it's legal tender, but why would anypony use paper for money?"

"The Great and Powerful Trixie couldn't care less. All she cares about is that humans seem to understand her art. They were rather impressed with her performance! Clearly, they know a good show when they see one, unlike some other ponies Trixie knows."

"Oooookay. Well I'd like to study this. Can I have it?" Twilight spoke, holding the paper bill.

"Of course, If you give Trixie something to replace it. Something... monetary."

"I don't have any bits."

"Don't have any? Why not?"

"I left all my bits in the library, which just so happens to be in the middle of a war zone."

"Well, what is in your saddle bags?"

Twilight thought for a moment. "Uhh, the most recent edition of the Ponyville Premier? It's the last one since the town was captured!"

Trixie yawned.

"Well what about Foliage and You. A Guide to Edible Forest Flora?"

Trixie rolled her eyes.

"The Adventures of Stallion Steed, Volume ninetee-" Twilight blushed. "Actually I'm keeping that..."

Trixie gave Twilight an odd look.

"The only other thing I've got is this cherry chimichanga Pinkie gave me-"

"The Great and Powerful Trixie will take that. She is most famished."

"But it's my last one-"

"Do you want this paper or not?"

"Fine. Take it."

Twilight pulled the wrapped delicacy out of her saddle bag and tossed it on the counter. Trixie lifted her hat and set it back down. "It was a pleasure doing business with you."

Twilight rolled her eyes and used her hooves to slide the bill off of the counter. "Sure. A real pleasure. I guess I'll see you later Trixie. Good luck with... whatever you're doing here."

Twilight put the paper in her teeth and trotted away, fuming over the loss of a most delectable pastry.


******************


Spike slowly made his way through the market place. Several stalls had opened up since he'd been through before, and the little dragon had already given up trying to keep his stomach from growling. With the current situation in mind, it stood to reason that there were great deals to be had on some jewels, or at least a sandwich to munch on. He approached a promising stall and hopped up to the counter. After living in Canterlot so long, it was easy to tell that the stallion behind the counter was from some well-to-do background. Maybe Manehatten?

"Good evening sir!" the diminutive dragon proclaimed.

"Greetings little one." the stallion spoke with the obvious accent of a sophisticate. "How may I help you?"

Smiling to himself for his correct guess, Spike cleared his throat. "You sell jewels?"

"Indeed. Hence the sign." The stallion pointed up to a large sign with the words: "Golden Crown's Wholesale Jewelry." Painted in large blue letters.

"Hmm. How'd I miss that?" Spike shrugged. "Oh. Well I'd like to buy the best ones you've got!" He produced a large bag of bits and placed it on the counter.

The shop keeper went wide eyed then quickly turned around. "Diamond, bring out our best wares!"

A little magenta filly trotted out from the back of the store, carrying a black tray in her mouth. The stallion walked over to the filly and took the tray.

"Thank you, now can you please sweep out the storeroom? I've got a customer, and your mother won't be back for a while."

"Aww, but dad! Silver Spoon and I were going to go make fun of App- I mean play with our friends!"

The much taller stallion gave the filly a mean look. She rolled her eyes and trotted back to the store room.

"My apologies for that. These are my finest gems." The stallion put the tray on the counter, showing off the various stunning and expensive gemstones.

"Awesome!" Spike had to keep himself from salivating in front of the high society shopkeeper. He then stuck an arm into his bit bag, grabbed a large clawful of gold coins, and placed them in a pile on the counter. "Will this cover it?"

The stallion gave a nod, not taking his eyes off of the large amount of money in front of him. "Yes. That will do quite nicely."

Spike emptied the contents of the jewel tray into his pack and set it back on the counter. "Thanks!" he spoke cheerfully.

"You're most welcome, and thank you. If you don't mind me asking, what do you plan on doing with so many jewels? Do you have a sweetheart to woo?"

Spike's thoughts drifted to Rarity for a moment, but his hunger wrestled this head back to the subject of food. "Nah," He popped a ruby into his mouth and chewed. "I was just hungry. Thanks again!"

The shopkeeper, now wide eyed for a very different reason, twitched his left eye, put an "on break" sign on the counter, and trotted back into the store.

Spike shrugged, put the remainder of his bits into his pack, and walked away, trying to remember what he'd originally gone into town to do.

"Oh yeah! I gotta find Twilight and tell her I saved her bits!"

Just as he remembered this task, the very pony he'd been looking for rounded a corner. "Spike! There you are! I've been looking all over town for you." Twilight whined.

"Oh, hey Twilight!" He paused, noticing the dollar bill in her teeth. "Uhh, you probably shouldn't carry that in your mouth."

Twilight cocked her head to one side. "Why not?"

"Oh nothing, just something somepony told me that's probably not true. Oh, but hey, I've got a surprise for you! Look!" The dragon pulled out the large bag of bits.

Twilight dropped the dollar into her bags. "My savings! Where did you find this?!"

"I took it with me after you left to help your friends!"

"Spike this is great!" Twilight pulled him into a tight hug. "Did you find anything else?"

"No. Not really." the dragon's expression changed to that of sorrow. "I didn't have the chance to. I'm sorry."

"Hey, cheer up. It's not your fault they attacked Ponyville. I heard what you did, by the way."

Spike froze. "You know about the... What I did?"

"With that weapon, and those enemy soldiers. That royal guard told me."

Spike's gaze dropped to the ground. In reality, his actions back in Ponyville still haunted him. He'd done everything to try and forget it. He'd tried to tell himself that it was some crazy dragon instinct that killed those two soldiers, that it wasn't him. He'd also tried to rationalize, that he was just protecting his home. After all, they had no right to take it, right? But he just knew Twilight wouldn't like him anymore if she ever found out he'd taken out a griffin with his bare claws, and shot a ram with that metal weapon in those same claws. Tears forced their way to the little dragon's slitted eyes at the very thought of Twilight or anypony else rejecting him, or worse, calling him a monster.

Spike broke down and cried, releasing all of the bottled up anxiety and fear that he'd desperately tried to hide in order to appear as tough as all the soldiers around him. "I was scared! And alone! I didn't want to- I didn't mean to-" Twilight put a hoof to the dragon's mouth, tears in her eyes as well.

"It's okay Spike, I understand." Twilight held Spike in another tight hug. "I shouldn't have left you alone like that. It's my fault."

"No! No! I killed them! Doesn't that make me a murderer?" Spike sobbed.

Twilight was visibly taken aback. "No Spike! You were just protecting yourself! Just like all the soldiers that are protecting us now. You didn't do anything wrong!"

"A-a-are you sure?"

"Yes. In fact, I'm proud of you for standing up to them! You're maturing, just like we all have to now."

"Really?"

Twilight nodded.

"Okay." Spike began to wipe his eyes. "So can we go home now?"

Twilight smiled sweetly. "Hop on. I'll show you our new tent. It's got bunk beds. You can even have the top bunk."

"Sweet!" The dragon cheered as he climbed up to Twilight's back and put the sack of bits into her saddle bag.

"Say, Spike?"

"Yeah, Twilight?"

"That bag feels light. Did something happen to some of those bits?"

"Uh, Maybe? Hey, I was hungry!" The dragon smiled sheepishly.

Twilight giggled and rolled her eyes, unable to get angry at such an adorable face. She began to trot towards the living quarters. Atop her back, Spike opened his pack and pushed the jewels into a corner to take look at what lay at the bottom of the bag. He put a claw to a shiny black revolver, and frowned. He put the jewels back on top of the gun, grabbed a sapphire, then closed the pack.


*******************


General Rock was visibly angry. "No, you listen to me! They have weapons which could wipe us off the face of the Earth and you want to call them on a bluff?!-"

"No," Colonel Highlander began, "But I think we can take them."

"You heard the princess earlier! That first weapon managed to almost completely incapacitate us! Now we find out they have more? If we hadn't managed to hole ourselves up in this new base, they would have already won!"

"Listen, the archway is almost complete. Back home we have very powerful weapons that can counter this. The kind of weapons that should never be used, but can counter this threat."

General Rock's eyebrows hiked up. "What kind of weapons are we talking about? How can you be so sure they will work?"

"I've been told not to talk about it, but I'll explain it all when the time comes. To be honest, I'm not sure of anything at this point."

"I don't like secrets, but until a more official standing is formed between out two peoples, I'll let it go. Snow, you've been awfully quiet. Is there something you want to say?"

General Snow Wisp looked up. "I think we should start planning for evacuation. The enemy has already proven that they will stop at nothing to beat us. They will strike with everything they have as soon as the time comes."

"Evacuation?! Where we gonna go?!" Rock questioned.

"What about the river? If we could get aboard a ship, we might be able to get in contact with any warships that might be in the ocean bay."

Rock shook his head. "Though that's not a bad plan, Wisp, I'm willing to bet they've already been hit. Wouldn't that be one of the first places they would attack, right after than Canterlot?"

Snow Wisp rubbed her temples. "It's possible."

"Is there any way to find out if you have surviving naval forces?" The colonel asked.

"Without magic or a fleet of pegasai, communications are out of the question. Unless there's a human presence I'm unaware of." Snow Wisp explained.

The colonel shook his head. "Unfortunately, we're as in the dark as you are. Something is keeping us from contacting the Canterlot insertion team, or this "Liberation Resistance" we heard from earlier."

Snow Wisp turned to Rock, "You don't think that blast did them in, do you?"

"They were underground last I heard. They should be fine." Highlander answered.


*****************


"Class, do you think it's safe here?" Prince Blueblood asked. After receiving no answer, the prince nudged the major, who had somehow managed to fall asleep during one of the many breaks they'd all been forced to take.

"Sorry. Must have dozed off. Feel free to hit me if I nod off again."

"Certainly. As I was saying, are we safe here?"

"We're not safe anywhere at this point. But this cavern looks stable enough for the soldiers to rest a few minutes. Then we have to continue."

"What?! We've been running for hours! And you want us to- wait. Where has Discord gone?"

The major looked over the large group. There were several ponies and a few humans, but not a single draconequus to be found.

The major deadpanned. "How could we have possible missed him?!"

"You did fall asleep..." Blueblood reminded him.

Class gave the prince a cold stare. "Still, where could he have possibly gone!?"

"Nowhere." the aforementioned draconequus strolled into the chamber.

"Discord?"

"Who else. I suppose you are wondering where I went."

The major sighed. "I'll bite. Where?"

"Simple. I grew bored of parading through these dusty tunnels."

"This... bores you?"

"Indeed. But those rams weren't any more amusing."

"Wait, you ran into rams?!"

"And griffins."

"Are they following us?" The prince questioned.

"I suppose they were just guarding the dungeons before, but they are most likely following us now."

"Dungeons? What dungeons?"

Discord looked down at the major with a look of pure indifference. "The royal dungeon, as in the one that has always been there. What, you didn't know?"

"Of course not! I wouldn't have asked if I didn't know!" the major fumed. "Why didn't you tell us?!"

"You didn't ask."

The major dragged a hoof down his face. "Why us?" he mumbled to himself. "Everypony get up! We're moving out!"

"I hope you don't mean forward." Discord commented.

"Why wouldn't I?" the major frowned.

"The tunnel ends here. Forward travel is impossible. "

"That's just excellent. Somepony find the nearest street shaft. We have no choice but to go up."

"But didn't you get poisoned the last time you went up there?" The prince questioned.

Doctor Willow emerged from the crowd. "I told you that's not real."

The prince rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, Miss Winter. Either way, he went up there and fell unconscious right after he returned."

The major shook his head. "It doesn't matter. We've got to go up there. It's either that or we fight a contingent of enemy troops in a dungeon, and I don't think anypony is feeling that right now, okay?"

"Fine," the prince uttered. "Discor- Now where did he get to now?!"

"I am already half way there!" Discord called down from half way up a street shaft.

"You know, for sompony that spent more than a millennium frozen in stone, you have no attention span." the doctor commented.

"That hurts. Are you coming, or are you all afraid like Prince Crybaby over there?"

"I'm not afraid! I just don't know what's up there!"

"There's only one way to find out!" Discord put on a pair of yellow and black sunglasses he must have been holding onto for some reason. "All ashore!"

Several ponies shook their heads and trotted towards the ladder. Below, a AEE scientist turned to a AOD soldier. "So what's his story?"

"Lord of chaos. Ruled the land with a chaotic paw. Banished into stone by princesses. Escaped. Banished again by a bunch of mares with magic jewelry. Escaped again, apparently. That's about it."

The scientist nodded as if that actually made some kind of sense. "Oh. So the usual then."

"Yep."

"Up we go then."

"Yeah."

The scientists and soldiers began to climb up the ladder. At the top, Discord reached the cover and noisily flung it off. Several rams and griffins had their weapons drawn and pointed right at his head.

Discord flipped up his sunglasses."Hi there! Fancy meeting you all here!"

"Discord!" the major whispered. "What's going on up there?"

"Just a bunch of boring guards with their silly weapons pointed at my face. Hey, can you hold on a moment?" In a blur, Discord leaped up the ladder and out of the shaft, dropping his sunglasses.

Several firebolt shots run out, along with the sounds of many heavy blows. As soon as they started, the fire shots stopped.

"Uh, Discord?" the major called up. "You still there?"

The lord of chaos stuck his head into the shaft. "You coming or not?"

The major cast a worried look down to the prince, and started climbing. Once he reached the top, he climbed out of the hole and stood. They weren't at the surface, just another tunnel. He looked around and noticed several rams, griffins, and pandragon minors lying around in varying states of injury.

Discord turned around, drinking his preferred beverage. "Ah! How I've missed this."

The major turned to Discord. "Where'd you get the chocolate milk?"

Discord pointed to an ice cabinet full of the stuff, sitting next to an unconscious griffin soldier.

Unable to comprehend why the enemy would have a case of chocolate milk, the major decided not to think about it. "Okay. But I still don't get it. Aren't you a bad guy? Why aren't you on their side?"

"Please. I'm a trickster, not some genocidal maniac."

"But there's like," the major counted the downed enemy soldiers "-like twenty guards! How did you-"

"Do you really wish to know?"

"No. Not really." the major trotted back over to the shaft full of waiting soldiers. "It's alright everypony, come on up."

The ponies and humans waiting below began to climb.

"Okay. I guess we'll keep going up. Ready your weapons if you haven't already done so. We don't know if there are any more guards in this tunnel." the major added.

The group resumed their climb toward the surface, Discord in the lead.


*****************



Mike Kaiser walked up to Lenard Greene and Lime Tree Hill, who were busy helping our around Tree House airfield, which had taken serious damage after the recent attacks.

"So, I heard the array is almost finished," Mike stated, breaking the captain and the earth pony out of a work induced trance.

Captain Greene looked up. "So I've heard."

"What do you think will happen?"

"Who knows. The game keeps changing on us."

Lime Tree furrowed his brow. "By game, you mean this war going on around us?"

"Something like that." the captain answered.

Kaiser shrugged. "So how's the plane?"

"They said it had more holes than a noodle strainer. To be honest, It's about done, but they're doing what they can."

"I see. Hey Cap, Gerry wanted me to ask you If you have a couple of AA batteries."

"What do I look like? The energizer bunny? I'm fresh out."

"I figured, she should have just bought rechargeables."

Lenard scrunched up his face in thought. "But where would she charge them?"

Mike put a hand to his chin. "Hmm. That's a good question. Well, how are they powering the array?"

"The array uses almost all the parts from the shuttle capsule you came here on. I guess they're using the fuel cells. That, or they're burning some of the left over airline fuel in generators. Either way, they probably don't want to share."

"Yeah. You're right." Mike scratched his head. "Hey, maybe we could get some solar panels shipped in once the array is finished."

"What's a solar panel?" Lime Tree inquired.

"It's these flat things that convert sunlight into electricity." Mike answered.

"That will be helpful, except for one minor problem." Lime Tree pointed to the sky.

Mike frowned.

"Oh. Right. The Sun hasn't risen in quite a while, has it? Is that normal?"

Lime Tree shrugged. "Hard to tell. The sun had already set when the attacks started."

Lenard frowned. "Then I guess we'll keep waiting on it then."






******************



Once again, Discord reached the top of the shaft, then carelessly flung the cover off of it.

"Is it clear?" the major asked from lower on the ladder.

"See for yourself." Discord flatly answered.

The major climbed out of the tunnel and crawled out of the service shaft. They had reached the surface, but Canterlot was in the distance, not all around them.

The major looked around, clearly confused. "What? How- Where are we?"

"We're you wanted to be, I presume." Discord answered.

Just over the next hill, lied the large collection of tents and shanties that is Zero base.

The major turned to the draconequus. "But how did you know where those tunnels led?"

"Because I watched them being built. Surprising really, just how little has changed since my imprisonment. They really should consider fixing up the joint. It's all so... ancient."

"You have a problem with the way I run my country, Discord?"

The draconequus spun around. The princesses, all six of the element bearers, Spike, and a several pony soldiers stood at the ready.

Discord was clearly unfazed. "Ah. Celestia. How did I just know we we're going to run into you? And you brought Luna and those other ponies that follow you around. It's like some kind of reunion!"

Twilight stamped a hoof into the ground. On her back, Spike bared his teeth, attempting to look menacing. "Whatever you're planning Discord, we'll stop it!" the purple unicorn spoke defiantly.

The draconequus bowled over in laughter. Pinkie Pie tried her best to stifle her own. Discord regained his composure, then took another look at the motley band of creatures in front of him. He burst into laughter again.

Wiping tears from his eyes and trying his best to speak without guffawing yet another time, Discord managed to stand back up. "I'm sorry, it's just that you actually believed what you were saying! You and I both know you I'm powerless, and you don't have the elements! How did you think I escaped?"

Twilight looked up to Celestia. The princess sighed. "It's true. Just like before, the seal must have started weakening the second the elements were out of our control."

"Yes." Discord grinned. "Now what was that about stopping my plans?"

Applejack sneered. "We don't need th' elements ta beat ya!"

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash added. "We're heroes!"

Discord deadpanned. "Oh really? Because last time I checked, all you do, all you've ever managed to do, is blast whatever threats Celestia sends your way with those pesky pieces of neckwear. Or in Twilight's case, pesky headwear. It's not like you stood and fought me, hoof to paw. All I wanted was to have a little fun for once. I just wanted to play a few harmless games, and you just shot me with you're unstoppable, unbeatable, invincible magic weapons."

Discord shook his head. "How heroic."

He could see the bravado drain from each of their faces.

Rainbow Dash scratched her head with a hoof. "Well, when you put that way..."

Twilight frowned. "You were going to plunge the world into eternal chaos! What did you think we were going to do?!"

"I don't know! But couldn't you have, I don't know, fined me or something? Did ya have to freeze me in stone? Do you even know what that's like?"

"Actually-" Twilight started.

"For centuries?" Discord cut her off.

Twilight sighed "No."

"It's not pleasant. And rather boring at that! What do you all have against chaos? Variety is the spice of life. Why not shake things up every once and a while?"

"Do not play down this issue!" Luna growled.

Prince Blueblood finally limped up the ladder. "If I should be so bold, princesses, he did help us escape."

"See? I'm not such a bad guy, and I've got nowhere else to go." Discord put on a pleading face that would put Applebloom to shame.

Celestia rolled her eyes and looked over to Luna. They both sighed. "Fine. We won't give you trouble if you don't give us any. Besides, we have bigger problems than you for once."

Discord now wore a grin so cheesy it could have raised their cholesterol levels.

The princesses, the guards, the Liberation Resistance survivors, and five of the elements turned away. After they'd gone, Twilight trotted up to the lord of chaos.

"I know you're up to something. You don't understand friendship, and you never will."

Discord rolled his eyes. "Pfft. Your words are duller that the teeth of your little dragon friend." Spike tried to appear menacing again by baring those teeth, but Discord's laughter only proved he hadn't achieved the desired effect.

Discord shook his head in a disproving manner. "I haven't done anything wrong since I was released. Go find something better to do than pester poor, innocent draconeqi. "

Twilight huffed and trotted away, Spike looking quite embarrassed.

A human soldier walked up to the former lord of chaos. "Sheesh! What did you do to them?"

Discord shrugged. "Hmm. Let's just say they don't like pranks, or floating upside-down houses, or cotton candy clouds, or chocolate raining from the sky. Speaking of which, where is the nearest vender of food and drink. I would very much like to have my beverage of choice."

The solider pointed to Zero base's improvised mess hall. "It's over there. I'm sure they won't even charge you."

"Ah. Thank you my good man." Discord answered, and walked away.

The human soldier scratched his head. "This place just won't stop getting weirder."

He shrugged and returned to his duties.

Author's Note:

A/N

Don't know if I've already done this already, but props to Kenx41 for helping out with the story. And WHY DID THEY GET RID OF THE STAR SYSTEM? I LIKED IT! IF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE MY FIC, THEY SHOULD AT LEAST GROW A SPINE AND TELL ME WHY!

You know, if that's okay with you. *flutter-whimper*

Just kidding. I guess I'll just have to live with thumbs instead of stars. Either way, hope you enjoyed the chapter. If you find something that slipped through the prereader process, you know what to do.

Until next time, readers!

...."Lynolius Out."....

PreviousChapters Next