• Published 30th Oct 2013
  • 673 Views, 21 Comments

Beginning of Autumn - MagicTypingPony



A story about a young unicorn colt who is pressured by his family to become the next alicorn by his father and other ponies around him. The story begins at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

  • ...
2
 21
 673

Chapter 2

He woke up to the sound of the garden birds and they cheeped happy near his window, he groaned slightly and got out of his bed and looked at the time. 6:58 am the small hands said pointing to each number. He sighed and trotted slowly to the bathroom to wash up.

He came out of the bathroom drying his head with a damp white towel, on his way downstairs he threw the towel into the laundry basket, “Master Mist?” asked one of the maids as he passed by.

He stopped and turned around, “Y-yes?”

The maid wore a black and white puffy dress as for all the other maids; she had a light blue mane with dark purple fur and yellow eyes. He smiled at him, “Did you have a nice sleep?” she asked.

“Yes...” he lied.

“That’s good, your Mother wants to talk to you. I would go see her now”

He nodded and he trotted off to find his mother. “Mother?” he called out to the bottom floor as he came down the stairs.

“I’m in here!” she called out from the dining room.

Autumn made his way to the dining room and slowly opened the door seeing his mother standing there waiting, “Y-You wanted to see me?”

His mother turned around and smiled at him, “Good news dear. You got in!” she said brightly smiling at the young colt.

Autumn was shocked but with neither happiness nor disappointment and forced a smile to please his mother.

“They want you to start as soon as possible, so get your things ready for tomorrow.” she said still cheerful. Autumn nodded as her went back up the stairs and started to prepare books, pens and papers for the coming day.

He stopped packing as his stomach had growled at him to eat; he came back downstairs and into the kitchen. The cook was there oven baking some bread, he turned and notices Autumn, “Young Master Mist, you haven’t eaten yet...” he took out a loaf of bread and sliced a piece off and gave it to the little colt, “Sorry I don’t have much else.” he said scratching the back of his neck.

“No it’s okay, Thank you.” Autumn responded with a small smile. He ate the still warm bread, it had a slight flavor to it which he couldn't describe, “What is this?” he asked the cook.

“Kid, you need to read more cookbooks...its banana bread, fresh from the over too.” he said happily. Autumn smiled as he left the kitchen finishing his slice of banana bread.

He ran back up the stairs and began to study for his privet lesson with Ruby; he did extensive study on the Elements of Harmony and the ponies who kept them. “Twilight...did you really want to be an Alicorn...?” he said quietly to himself. He heard the sound of his father’s voice coming from his research room, Autumn tried to ignore it, seeing how he was not allowed in there but something was different. He quietly trotted out of his room and to the outside of his father’s studies room and put his ear to the door, hearing the voice of his father and another he didn't recognized,

“Is he ready yet?” said the voice.

“He’s only seven…of course he’s not ready.” said his father.

“Then you’re wasting my time.” the voice responded angrily.

“I called you here because of the problems that might occur if my son goes to C.S.G.U.”

“Why should you be so worried…I’ll make sure he gets through it.”

“Yes…we’ll discuss this some other time…make sure you’re not seen.”

“Of course.” said the voice as it disappeared.

Autumn was slightly scared, he heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and he started to panic and quickly ran back to his room and closed the door. A little while later, Autumn heard a knock at the door, “R-Ruby?” he asked the pony behind the door.

“It’s me Autumn...could you please open the door?” said the voice of Ruby. He shyly opened the door and let her in.

“Something the matter kid?” she asked noticing his glum face.

“I-it’s nothing...Just thinking...” he responded slightly blushing.

“About what?”

“W-Why does it matter?”

“If you have something on your mind then I wouldn't recommend keeping it from me...”

“I-I've just been researching about Twilight...”

“…You’re worried about school aren't you?” Ruby guessed correctly.

“…Yes” he said quietly.

“Kid…you’re one of the most talented little colts I've trained…you’ll go far...trust me.” she said patting his back trying to comfort him.

“Thanks Ruby…” Autumn said giving a small smile.

She smiled at him, “Come on…let start the lesson.” Autumn nodded as they began the lesson. The two hours passed quickly, Ruby looked at her watch, “Well...it’s about that time kid...” he said looking somewhat sad that the lesson was over.

“W-What’s the matter?” Autumn asked noticing her sad expression.

“Nothing’s wrong kid...come on...I need to go see your father.” she said walking towards the door way.

Autumn was getting frustrated of never getting answers, he stopped into front of her and blocked her way to the door, “I am tired of never getting answers...tell me why? You’re the one who keeps saying that emotions play an important part of magic...so explain what you’re feeling?!” Autumn said letting his emotions boil up.

Ruby smiled sadly at him and hugged him as a tear fell from her eye, “I’m sorry kid...I haven’t been following my own rule...” she let go of him and knelled down to look him in the eyes. “This...was going to be our last lesson.” she said quietly.

“W-.....W-What?” he asked eyes widening.

“Before we began your father had a word with me...he said that since you’re going to Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns you won’t need me...”

“B-b-but...Ruby...n-no” he said starting to cry.

“Kid...please don’t cry....you’re so strong...I can see it...” Autumn closed his eyes tight as the tears poured down his face. Ruby started to tear up herself after seeing him like this, she pulled Autumn in for another hug. “Shhh...Kid...it’s okay...”

“No it’s not!” he yelled holding on tight to her.

“...........listen to me...you’re going to get through this...okay”

He pulled away and dried the tears from his eyes, “O-Okay...”

She softly smiled, “Goodbye Autumn...” she said as she left through the door.

--

He stayed in his room, silent and still, trying to come to realization of what had happened and who had left him, he didn't know how long he stood there but his sadness was soon replaced by anger and frustrated. He harshly walked down and saw his father, his anger grew more and more as he approached him.

“Ah, Autumn, how was your last lesson with Ruby?” his father asked.

“I’d would gone better if I knew she was leaving...” Autumn said biting his tongue to hold his rage.

“Autumn, you’re smart, you know that since you’ll be going to school you wouldn't need a private tutor”

“That still doesn't give you the right not to tell me...” Autumn said grinding his teeth and trying not to raise his voice.

“...Are you angry at me Autumn?” his father asked.

“Of course I’m angry!” Autumn yelled losing his temper.

“...” His father fell silent, shocked that his son showed an action that wasn't shy obedience, he gave him a stern look, “Autumn...” he started. “...You will come to thank me soon.” He ended as he left to his study.

“I hate you...” Autumn whispered to himself as he heard the door to his father’s study shut.