• Member Since 5th Jan, 2012
  • offline last seen 57 minutes ago

CHeighlund


E

A set of stories based on a series of prompts from the Thirty Minute Ponies tumblr. The prompts were done for the week leading up to the 500th TMP prompt, and all featured the number 500 in some way.

Untagged because I'm not sure what to use - I can't use cumulative tags because the nature of the individual stories means those conflict with each other. Ditto for the character tags - each individual story focuses on different characters, so no one set of tags applies other than that I've used. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to improve that, I'd appreciate hearing them.

Chapters (7)
Comments ( 19 )

Woot. Finally got around to reading all this, and, once again, you do not disappoint. I should really go through all of your stuff right away, because you're fricking brilliant. Seriously :rainbowderp:


Yikes. A thousand years, to three weeks. Time sure is relative :twilightoops:

I assume 500 hours equals three weeks? :rainbowlaugh:

This was absolutely magnificent. Brilliant, brilliant vignette.

Hope to Laughter
Justice to Honesty
Honor to Loyalty
Sacrifice to Generosity
Compassion to Kindness
Inspiration to Magic

The Elements of Harmony, forged by Diamond Dogs on the Fire of Friendship. Oh, wow :rainbowderp:

(I guess Hope and Inspiration might be switched? :unsuresweetie:)

Very nice story structure. I thought it started as them running away from some pony they made angry with their reckless games, then it went on to the sudden serious last-hope changeling part, and then it went on to that surprisingly lighthearted conclusion. Nifty :pinkiehappy:

Hee. Interesting conclusion.

Shoo be doo.

Well. The title promised darkness, and that was well and thoroughly dark. Wow :rainbowlaugh:

She’d missed one detail - the yellow ‘bunny’ in front of her had a black horn on it, almost like a unicorn’s horn.

A jackalope? :rainbowderp:

Welp... This one didn't really feel like it had a real, um, point to it. Nice use of the prompt, though, and nicely written.

6248186
Thank you. I'm not quite sure myself the statement is warranted, but I thank you for it.

As to the time, the answer is both yes and not quite. Luna's rounding a bit; an actual three-week period, Sunday Midnight to Sunday Midnight, would be 504 hours. I'm figuring four hours is within the bounds of reason for rounding error over that period of time.

6248188
I'm not sure I'm following your question correctly. On my best guess for it, though, the answer is no - you matched them up in the correct order.

As the the forging - for whatever reason, I've always seen the Diamond Dogs as counterparts or parallels to the Dwarfs of Norse legend. Having them serve as smiths makes sense to me.

6248191
Thank you; I'd hoped I could pull the shifts off successfully. (Before this, the last time I tried something like that I got hammered for Bait-and-Switch writing.)

But you know the whole thing had to start something like this:

"Ahh! That won't work either!"
Spike looked up at Twilight. "What won't work?"
Twilight pounded her hoof on the table. "This! These plans aren't good enough!" Her eye began to twitch as she continued to shout. "Spike, all of Equestria could be at stake! I have to find some way to model changeling infiltration tactics, and I have to find it now!"
At that moment, the library door swung open, and Apple Bloom walked in. "Miss Sparkle?" she called out, "do you have any books that might have some new games in them?"

6248195
The way the flavor text for the original prompt was written, I believe they were aiming to get nice, friendly shipping stories.

I do not ship any member of the Mane Six with anyone. And the urge to subvert prompts runs deep within me...

6248200
It may not have had a point, and I apologize if I have disappointed. I saw the prompt shortly before going on a hike with family, and I've discovered that walking may help spark my thought processes, but it does so in rather strange ways.

And no, not a jackalope. As the story said, an almiraj.

6252666
More or less 500 hours, then. Close enough :twilightsmile:

6252771
Yeah, I just wasn't sure about these two, heh. :twilightsheepish:

6252894
Hee. This one was thoroughly subverted :rainbowlaugh:

I might've gone for the sun and moon stuck in twilight position :derpytongue2:

6252923

Despite its docile appearance, Al-Mir'aj is actually a ferociously territorial predator known to be able to kill animals and people many times their own size with a few stabs of its horn.

It's the Rabbit of Caerbannog! With a horn! :twilightoops:

6254107
Let's see if I can describe that a bit more clearly, via pseudo-analogy.

Friendship is Magic.
Leadership is Inspiration

6257174
My Fighter Pony: Leadership is Inspiration :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment