• Published 15th Oct 2013
  • 793 Views, 13 Comments

Game Night - shaq23anime



Who doesn't love a good board game?

  • ...
3
 13
 793

Dark Wizard vs Queen Rarity

Queen Rarity strikes at the dark wizard attempting to take off his head with her lance, but he ducks his head narrowly cutting a few strands at the end of his mane. Mickey the dark wizard loses 5 points. The wizard jumps back and readies his black bladed sword. Queen Rarity readies her glistening diamond lance. The two opponents charged towards one another and engaged in a bit of high speed fencing. Their blades striking and clashing against one another. Rarity swiftly clashes her lance against his own and the two blades press against one another at a stand still fighting for dominance.


Rarity grins at him through the blades, “well done, my friend. Tell me, do you fence?”


“Nope,” said Mickey the wizard, “I was never interested in it”. He pushes her off and jumps back.


“Well you must come to the Canterlot country club for a sparing session,” said Rarity. “I go there every summer for lessons, you are free to join me whenever you like. It will be my treat”.


“Wow, thank you,” said Mickey, “that’s very generous of you”.


“Oh that’s quite alright darling; we shall meet at a more convenient time. But for now…,” said Queen Rarity as her lance turns into a diamond studded whip. She lashes it around one of his front hooves, “BOW BEFORE YOUR QUEEN”. She yanks the whip back, pulling the wizard completely off the floor and over her head. She brings him back down finally for a head on collision with the floor, the wizard loses 300 points. The wizard flings his sword at her narrowly missing her head and yanks himself free of her whip. Without missing a step Rarity chuckles maniacally lashing her whip vigorously at him causing imprints on the floor every time she misses. She catches him on the face, the diamond studs cutting his cheek, he loses another 5 points.



The wizard holds out his hoof again allowing the whip to coil around it once more but instead of succumbing to another attack he yanks her forward and charges at her burying his hoof directly into her face. She is flung ten feet away from him and loses 300 points.



Queen Rarity looks at him outraged, “HOW DARE YOU TOUCH THE ROYAL FAÇADE”. She retracts her whip and it morphs into a large battle axe with a diamond blade, “OFF WITH YOUR HEAD”. She leaps into the air and brings the axe down on the wizard. The wizard puts up a shield protecting him from the attack.


“Wait a second,” said the dark wizard preparing for another attack, “what kind of weapon is that?”


“It is a weapon that morphs into other weapons,” said the Queen, “do you like it? I think it’s quite fetching”. She strikes the shield with her axe even harder and the shield begins to crack, “it’s also strong enough break through any protective barrier”.


“Nice,” said the wizard, “wanna see what I can do?” the shield turned black and exploded, propelling the queen backwards. The dark wizard called upon a magic card, “DARK SHADOWS”, Rarity’s very own shadow turns to razor sharp spears and without warning jets from the ground impaling her through the chest and stomach. Queen Rarity loses 300 points.


Before anymore spikes can come out, the Queen grabs the one in her chest “JEWELED BARRAGE”. She crystallizes the spikes and the entire structure explodes into large black shards. The shards are propelled into Mickey’s body as he tried to protect himself with his shield, he loses 10 points. Before he could react a large shard buries itself into his shoulder sticking him to the wall behind him, he loses 300 points. He looks up to see Queen Rarity floating up above him with two large black jewel shards. She smiles and flings both shards directly at him trying to deal the final blow. The wizard smiles back and the shards stop inches away from his face.


Queen Rarity becomes confused ,“ what is happening?”


“Did you forget?” asked the dark wizard breaking free from the shard in his shoulder, “my magic card is still activated”. He spreads his hooves out beside him and the shards break apart releasing the shadows still inside. They then surround and swirl around Rarity before latching onto her neck. With a flick of his hoof, Rarity was flung into the ceiling, Queen Rarity loses 200 points.


Rarity launches herself off the ceiling and towards him for another attack. But it’s too late, wizard shouts out his attack “DENSITY”; a giant hard mass of black energy collides with her body and smashes her back into the ceiling squishing her like a bug. Queen Rarity loses her remaining points, THE WINNER IS MICKEY THE DARK WIZARD”.


“Now wait just an apple pickin minute,” said Applejack, “how is it that shadows can be made to squish someone?”


“I’ve noticed something interesting about this game,” said Mickey looking over at Rarity apologetically as she gave over her cards. He accepted the cards giving her a friendly smile, “The magic cards appear to be based on actual magical spells. A density spell is just that, it can add density and mass to just about anything. Since density and mass is already introduced to shades of darkness via shadow spells to make weapons, all I had to do was add some more”.


Twilight looks over at him impressed, “how were you able to figure that out?”


“Well, my bestfriend a long time ago was a Unicorn,” said Mickey.“There were a lot of spells that he was practicing at the academy of magic and a great way for him to remember his lessons were to teach them to somepony else. So he taught them to me”.


“That’s so interesting,” said Twilight.


Rainbow dash’s stomach begins to growl a little, “hey guys”.


“Have you ever met a zebra named zecora?” said Twilight a little more interested in the other stallion.


“You guys have an actual zebra in this town?” said Mickey smiling at her.


“Uh, guys,” said Rainbow dash trying to get their attention.


“Yes we do,” said Twilight happily becoming more involved in the conversation, “you two should definitely talk, she uses magic too”.


“Hey guys, can we take a break?” asked Rainbow dash a little louder.


“Really?” asked Mickey, “I’d love to meet her, I don’t get to meet a lot of others besides unicorns that can do magic. Most of my time is spent on my research”.


“What are you researching?” asked Twilight becoming enraptured in the conversation, “if you don’t mind me asking”.


“That’s it,” said Rainbow dash getting impatient, she nudges the apple pie closer to her, “I don’t know about you guys but I’m taking a break, my stomachs eating itself”.


Twilight catches herself and blushes a little, “oh right sorry everypony, we’ll take a 15 minute snack break”. She chances another glance at Mickey again before heading to the kitchen for more snacks; she made a mental note to ask him more about his research tonight.

Author's Note:

Looks like this is coming along rather well. A lot better then the last story I tried to do, but that's just my opinion, what's yours? REVIEWS, REVIEWS, REVIEWS MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND. They also let me know how I'm doing so far, so let me know what you think. Next chapter is going to be exposition through conversation......yeah...they're on a lunch break..so yeah, then they can go back to beating the living snot out of each other. See ya then.