• Published 15th Oct 2013
  • 792 Views, 13 Comments

Game Night - shaq23anime



Who doesn't love a good board game?

  • ...
3
 13
 792

Introductions

Chapter 1: Introductions




“Oh come on Twilight, can’t I stay up just this once?”


The purple alicorn in question puts together two small coffee tables she took from the dining area and the study side by side. She then levitates a flower printed table cloth over them; she goes over to the closet while an already sleepy Spike follows her nagging.


She finally looks over at him annoyed. “no spike, you know how long our card games are, remember the last time we let you participate?”


Spike pretends not to know. “well, I…uh don’t seem to recall….”


“You fell asleep right in the middle of it, remember? And because you fell asleep your character kept disappearing from the board in the middle of battle,” said Twilight while levitating 6 pillows out of the closet. She places them in the usual order, two on the left side; two on the right side, one at the end and the last at her end. She takes the board game out and rests it on the middle of the table; she then levitates a pouty spike onto her back and trots into the bedroom.


Spike yawns as if proving her point. “oh come on twilight, I’m not that bad, look I’m not even sleepy”.


“Sure you’re not,” said Twilight with a smirk. She levitates him into his little basket bed next to hers and tucks him in. “Goodnight spike”.


The purple baby dragon yawns again. “Really….yawn……Twi…..I’m …….not tired,” He drifts off to sleep in a matter of minutes.


Twilight turned around and walked away from him, before she reached the door she could hear him snoring from his bed. She looks back at him and smiled. “Not sleepy huh?” She continues out the door and heads for the main room. She then hears a knocking on the front door and her eyes widened. “They’re early”. She opened the front door and was greeted by Fluttershy. “Well you’re early tonight, 5 minutes and 26 seconds to be exact”.


“Oh of course Twilight,” said Fluttershy while walking in. “I would never be late for game night”. They are both interrupted as a rainbow maned cyan Pegasus swoops into the room.


She remains in the air addressing both ponies. “hey Twilight, the master gamer has arrived”.


Another orange pony walks in through the door balancing a basket on her back. She smirks at her. “ain’t that just like rainbow, she wins one game and all of a sudden she’s a master”.



Rainbow dash lands next to twilight and moves toward the table smirking at Applejack. “Well AJ, I did beat all of you as the GREAT, MIGHTY AND TOTALLY AWESOME RAINBOOOOOOOWW KNIIIIIIGHT and the crowd goes wild”. She makes her own cheering crowd noises earning eye rolls from the other mares.

Twilight was about to close the door when another pony walks in. “Oh hi Rarity”.


“Hello Twilight” The white mare poses a little showing off the golden tiara on her head.


Twilight chuckles. “Nice tiara. Is it new?”


“Oh this old thing,” said Rarity proudly making her way over to sit between Fluttershy and Applejack on the right side of the table. “I wanted to make sure I was in character tonight”.

Applejack rested the basket on the table and pulled an apple pie out of it. “Let me guess, another princess?”


“Oh come now, I’m not that predictable,” said Rarity.


Rainbow dash chuckles. “Perish the thought,” she lands at the end of the table next to Applejack. “When’s Pinkie going to get here? It’s not a party without her”.


“DID SOMEPONY SAY PARTY?”



Rainbow dash jumped into the air from the shock of being scared. “PINKIE,” the other mares laughed as pinkie pie bounced from behind her and sits on the left side of the table next to her.



“And I brought a guest,” said Pinkie before yanking a light brown stallion out of nowhere to sit between her and Twilight.



The bewildered stallion looks around him before resting his dark brown eyes on Pinkie. “You’ve got to show me how you do that”.




Pinkie slowly waves her hooves in front of his face. “Its magic, oooooooohhhhhhh,” She gives him a tray of brownies. “Here you go”.



His face lights up and he takes the tray from her. “So that’s where I put it, thanks Pinkie,” he then holds the tray over his head excitedly. “I MADE BROWNIES, who wants some?”



Not missing a beat, Rarity flashes a charming smile at him. “I believe we are missing an introduction dear”.



Pinkie chuckles. “Sorry, this is Mikro, he’s my cousin from out of town”.



Mikro balances the tray on his head and smiles at everyone. “You can call me Mickey if you want; it’s easier for everyone to remember”.



“This is Rainbow dash, Apple jack, Rarity, Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle,” said Pinkie introducing everyone in the room.



“A pleasure to meet all of you,” said Mickey, “I hope I’m not intruding on your ladies night”.



“Not at all,” said Twilight, “Granted I wasn’t really expecting an extra guest, I hope you don’t mind, I don’t have a pillow for you”.



“I don’t mind,” said Mickey turning to look at her through his long black curly bangs. He didn’t really look like he would be related to pinkie in any way, until he opened his mouth. “I’m ok sitting on the floor, my butts not cold at all”.



“Well um…..I’m glad,” said Twilight, “Oh my gosh, I forgot the drinks, you girls get started with the set up, I’ll be right back”.




As she leaves, Rainbow dash opens up the game laying out its contents on the table. “So pinkie, when were you gonna tell us you had a cousin?”



“He’s from papa pies side of the family,” said Pinkie while Mickey rests the tray of brownies on the table and pulls a plastic knife from behind his ear to cut it. Pinkie picks up the deck of cards to look through it. “He’s going to be living in Ponyville pretty soon and he’s going to be staying with me until he gets his own place”.



After the pink mare selects her cards, Applejack takes the deck to select her own. “So where ya from Mickey?”


“Mareyland,” said Mickey, “My family owns a vineyard over there, but I need to be closer to my research. So I decided to move to Canterlot”.



Pinkie wraps an arm around the stallion smiling. “I’m so happy, we’re going to have so much fun and you’ll just be a train ride away”.



Twilight comes back with the drinks and lays them on the table in front of each member of the table. “Ok everyone ready to start?”



“I AM,” said Pinkie pie giving Mickey the deck of cards. “Here Mickey”.



“Wait a minute Pinkie,” said Twilight before turning to Mickey. “Have you ever played this before?”




“Nope,” said Mickey, “How do you play?”



Pinkie enthusiastically interferes. “It’s a lot of fun, we use playing cards to beat each other up, but not for real, just for pretend and we get to use our imaginations and we can see the battles on the game board. Oh and we get to create a super exciting story together with lots of magic, fighting moves and…..”



“If you don’t mind Pinkie, I think I’ll explain it from here,” said Twilight, “basically Mickey, the object of the game is a battle royal to determine who will take over the castle and be the new ruler of the lost kingdom. Every player gets a total of 6 cards of their choosing, 2 magic cards, 2 fighting cards, 1 protection card that can be used repeated throughout the game and 1 weapon card that can also be used in the same way. Also each of the players are supplied with 1000 points, throughout a battle each attack will take away a certain number of points, when the points have dwindled to nothing the player loses. Now pick a character, we have a king, queen, prince, princess, knight, mage, and dark wizard”.



Mickey looked at the deck of cards in his hooves. “Hmm, dark wizard sounds like fun”.



Rarity and the others quirked an eyebrow. “Well that was unexpected, are you sure you wouldn’t want to be a knight or a prince?”



“Nope,” said Mickey happily, “that would be a little too cliché for my taste, besides I may be an earth pony but I actually know quite a bit about magic”.


“Cool,” said Pinkie pie, “I’ll be a dark wizard too”.



Rainbow dash laughs. “You? A dark wizard? This I gotta see. I’m going to be a knight”.



“ah’ll be a mage,” said Applejack, “ah’d like to give this whole magic thing a shot myself”.



“Me too,” said Twilight, “naturally”.



“You shall all call me Queen Rarity,” said Rarity.



Everyone else in the room looked at Fluttershy who has been quiet ever since Mickey arrived. She thought to herself for a while before deciding on something that made her blush a little. “Um……I…I’d like to be a Princess”.


“Princess Fluttershy?” asked Rarity, “I suppose that does have a rather nice ring to it”.




Twilight smiles at everyone and the game board lights up with a red and black aura. The ponies were treated to a holographic picture of the first floor of the castle. “Ok everypony the stage is set we will battle two at a time until only one of us is left standing. Pick your starter decks”. The other ponies chose their cards and she chose her own.




Mickey looks at the board in fascination. “Wow a visual simulation spell, did you do this Twilight?”




Twilight grins a little and blushes. “Oh no, I didn’t have to, the board was enchanted when I bought it from an antique shop in Canterlot. I’m impressed that you are able to recognize this type of spell”.




“A friend of mine showed it to me once,” said Mickey examining his cards.


Twilight eyed him for a little bit before continuing. “Well it looks like we have a worthy opponent on our hooves. Lets get started, everyone lay your hooves on the board”. All the ponies placed their hooves on the board and it lights even brighter. The red aura encased two out of the 7 ponies, Mickey and Applejack. “Alright the first battle will be the apple mage versus Mickey the dark wizard”.




“Wooooweee, lets get ready to rumble,” said Applejack grinning.




Twilight smiles back and looks out at all of them. “I will be the narrator for now, let the story begin”.

Author's Note:

As I said before feel free to review, review, review and tell me what you think. Chapter 2 comes right after this.