• Published 15th Oct 2013
  • 793 Views, 13 Comments

Game Night - shaq23anime



Who doesn't love a good board game?

  • ...
3
 13
 793

Apple Mage vs Dark Wizard


Mickey’s character appears on the holograph board and walks through the entrance. He looks amazed at the scene being played out before them. “This is so awesome, so the characters do whatever we imagine them doing and you narrate a story from it?”



“Absolutely,” said Twilight, “watch”.



The dark wizard dawning a black leather vest with matching cape enters the dark desolate castle. He looks around him making sure that the area was safe. Suddenly a giant mallet comes barreling down on him; he jumps back narrowly missing the assault. He instantly looks ahead of him at his assailant. Glaring back at him was his opponent the Apple Mage dressed in a white blouse, brown slacks and orange hooded cape.


“Uh Twi,” said Applejack, “do we really need a description of what we’re wearing?”



“Of course,” said Twilight, “it helps to know exactly what the characters look like. Plus it will help Mickey’s imagination to flourish and focus on the story as a whole”.



Mickey grinned a little. “Thanks, but my imagination is always on the move”.



“Great,” said Twilight smiling back, “now let’s see, Applejacks weapon is the colossal hammer, so what’s your weapon going to be?” Mickey searches through his cards and lays one on the board.



The dark wizard unsheathes his weapon of choice, the cursed black sword of Tartarus. He charges forward swiping his sword at the apple mage who blocks it with her hammer. She swings the mighty weapon at him and it makes its mark hitting him in the chest. He is slammed against the castle wall losing 300 life points.

“Crap,” said Mickey; he was too slow getting out his protection card. He considered using a magic card but thought against it figuring he might need it later. He takes a deep breath, “I’m using my weapon again, sword slash from above”.



The dark wizard leaps into the air and swipes his sword at the apple mage again burying it into the handle. The mage swings her hammer thrusting both him and his sword towards a nearby wall. The apple mages hammer turns black, she loses 50 points. The dark wizard jumps off the wall and the apple mage lunges forward swinging at him once again but it collides with the wall as the wizard makes another leap over her head. He swings his sword one more time and slashes her back; the apple mage loses 300 points.


“Tarnation,” said Applejack in shock as the other mares around her stare at Mickey equally surprised. “First ya cursed my hammer now this, are ya sure you never played this before?”



“Doubly sure,” said Mickey happily, “like I said my imagination is always going”. He flashes a wicked grin at applejack and decided on his next move.



The apple mage slams her hammer into the ground causing the entire area to shake and quake. The floor cracks and breaks apart at the seams, the wizard jumps a bit and buries his sword in the wall to hold himself off the ground. He lifts himself onto the handle of his sword, and balances himself there. He had no idea what to do at this point, but unfortunately that decision is made for him. The apple mage charges after him readying her hammer for another blow.


“Sorry partner,” said Applejack, “Y’all are mine now, SEISMIC SLAM”. She throws down one of her magic cards.


Mickey only had a second to defend himself so he panics using a magic card of his own. “IRON DRILL”.


The wizard stands upright on the handle and thrusts his hooves in front of him. A gigantic drill springs from him and spins rapidly, the mages hammer collides with his drill and the two magical instruments press against one another in a struggle for dominance. His instrument wins out as it drills through the massive hammer taking another 100 points. Since the mage put all of her strength into the attack, she now drives forward toward the drill. She dodges it by shifting to the left on her back hooves, she speedily dashes away from the wizard to gain some distance. She catches her breath as the wizard hops back on the floor regaining his sword from the wall.



“Clever varmint,” said the apple mage, “but I reckon ya can’t block this one”. Suddenly a giant canon appears on her right shoulder, “CARROT CANON”. She shoots off the first round of giant pointy carrots directly at him. The wizard uses his protective shield to block the attack, all three carrots hit against his shield, the wizard loses 150 points.


“I WHAT?” said the wizard, “how the hay does that happen?” The wizard dodges another round of carrots which bury themselves in the wall behind him.


The apple mage laughs, “ mah carrot canon can take off 200 points without the use of a shield but with one it can still take off at least 50”. She shoots another round of four carrots, the wizard rolls on the floor and evades the assault. She hops in the same direction as him and shoots another round. One of the carrots catches the wizard off guard, the wizard loses 200 points.


Mickey trains his attention on his cards while continuing to use his protection card. He had already lost 650 points and was losing more by the minute. There was only one thing to do, “Twilight can I combine cards?”


“Yes you can,” said Twilight.


“Alright then,” said Mickey in his usual gung-ho spirit; he pushes both his weapon card and protection card forward. “SHEILD AND SWORD SLASH”.



The wizard charges forward directly at the mage, a carrot hits his shield, wizard loses 50 points. Another carrot heads his way, the wizard slashes through it with his sword, another carrot shoots out and he cuts into that one. He finally reaches the mage as another carrot shoots at him, it hits his shield but he gets close enough to slash the mage. The apple mage loses 300 points “DAG NAMMIT,” shouts the mage in frustration. She was out of magic cards and no longer had a weapon. She uses a fighting move jumping up and bringing a hoof down on him with a downward punch. The wizard jumps up towards her and slashes her in the stomach with his sword, the mage loses the rest of her point, the winner of our first battle is the MICKEY THE DARK WIZARD.


“My Celestia,” said Mickey sighing and falling backwards onto the floor, “that was intense”.


“Ah gotta hand it to ya,” said Applejack, “that wasn’t half bad, for a first timer”.


Twilight nods, “she’s right; you did very well for a beginner. Now Applejack has to give you what’s left of her deck, and your life points will be regenerated back to 1000”.



“Cool, I get my life points back?” said Mickey with an excited smile.


“Well yeah,” said Rainbow dash, “you’ll need them for your next opponent”.


“Oh yeah,” said Mickey, his worry began to set in, was every match going to be as intense as this one was? His attention is directed to applejack who handed him the rest of her playing cards which were 1 protection card and one fighting card. He graciously accepts them, “thank you”. Applejack tips her hat to him in silent acknowledgment.



Twilight smiles at the exchange, “ok everypony except Mickey and Applejack, hooves on the board”. The same thing happened as before, but this time the red aura chose Rainbow dash and Pinkie Pie. Twilight chuckled, “interesting, our next battle is the RAINBOW KNIGHT VERSUS PINKIE THE DARK WIZARD”.