• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 14,636 Views, 977 Comments

Summoned - BlackWing



Conjuration is a lost art in Equestria. Celestia is bored, and summons an otherworldy creature.

  • ...
62
 977
 14,636

Development (2)

Development

"Well, this is rather fun!" Celestia said, having satisfied herself. She conjured several other things, such as a feather, a glass of water, and a sword. They were all inanimate objects, and while she thought that forcing somepony to do something against it's will was cruel, at the same time, she couldn't help but laugh at the little bunny doing a dance on her bedroom floor.

"I can see how this might be useful. Just carry a stack of these around, and call on whatever you need, whenever you need it. Lose something? Just summon it to you. Of course, it'll go right back where it was before as soon as the spell is over, but if you keep the papers in a vault or filing cabinet or something, you won't have to worry about it. In the middle of a desert, just summon some water. It'll disappear out of your body after the spell is gone, but it would be enough to tie you over till you get some water from your own universe."

She practiced some more, learning that if you summon something you've already summoned, it'll disappear from where it was and reappear next to you. She also learned that if you summon a container, whatever is within the container will travel with it, but is not actually part of the container. This could be used to send things long distances. Fill the container, have someone of the other end summon it, empty it, then send it back. It didn't have to be from another realm either. She summoned the conjuration book that was on her nightstand. The spell would find the closest dimension containing the item, then bring it to the caster.

Celestia played around with the spells long into the night. Soon, it came time to raise the sun, and she realized she had pulled an all nighter. It was simply too interesting to put down.

"Sister, you look... well, terrible. Are you alright?" Luna asked.

"Oh, yes. I just, found a very interesting book and just could not put it down. Next thing I knew, I had lost track of time." She explained.

"Have you been copying Twilight Sparkle?" Luna said with a laugh. It was lucky that it was her weekly day off. Although she didn't have royal duties on those days, she most often spent them helping out somepony else, or talking with her sister about happenings and politics. Not this time. This time, she spent it sleeping.

Once a summoning circle has been used, it is bound to the item it originally summoned. If the summon is returned to it's location of origin without the destruction of the circle, then the circle may be reused, and the very same summon returned to this world once more, no longer requiring the blood or the focus on form, simply the magic to reconjure it.



"It sure is boring around here." Alex said to himself, and immediately thought 'Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!'

"Damn Youtube. Can't get it out of my head." He sighed. "I wonder what's for dinner?"

Alex had an average life. He had loving parents, a sister, an 'on again, off again' girlfriend, and a minimum wage job befitting someone just out of highschool. He was planning to go to college to become a carpenter. He loved wood working. He also loved puzzles. Fiddling around with his rubik's cube in one hand, he ate a microwaved mac and cheese with the other.

"I just wish something would happen. Friends are all busy, my exforthethousandthtime-girlfriend is dating some jock, good riddance, sister is already gone to college, parent's aren't home, and there's nothing on television, except some stupid show about ponies. Like I'm gonna watch that. Eh, maybe I'll play left for dead. I can't wait till I go away to college too, then I won't be so damn bored all the time."



"Hmm, I think I'll summon something a little bigger. I know, a chicken! It'll be hilarious to see it running around clucking!" This spell was a little more complicated, and required a larger circle. She drew it on the floor in chalk, so that if she should need to, she could just scuff it up and make the summon go away. The circle had two smaller circles inside of it, one for the conjurer to stand in, and the other where the summon would appear. Putting her hoof into her circle, she accidentally stepped on one of the symbols, causing it to smear slightly.


"Okay, I want a chicken. Let's try this." She closed her eyes, and her horn glowed.

"Princess?!? How did I get here?" A young voice asked.

"Huh?" Celestia looked, and saw a dark orange pegasus filly, with an unkempt purple mane.

"Oh my, Scootaloo was it? Dreadfully sorry, it seem's I've botched a spell. I was trying to bring a chicken here, but instead I got you....."

"Great, now even the universe thinks I'm a chicken. Haha, very funny. Can I go home now?" Asked the annoyed pegasus.

"Erhm, yes, just a moment, and you'll be on your way." Celestia put her hoof on one of the runes, and scratched it out. Scootaloo dissapeared instantly.

"That was awkward. Poor thing, I feel really bad about that. Then again, I now know that I can summon ponies. Maybe I should bring Twilight here? That would be hilarious. Then I could make her tell me her deepest darkest secrets. Of course, I already know them, and it would be completely confidential, but it would still be funny to make her squirm a bit."

Celestia knew about her student's crush on her. She just never had a way to make her admit it. Until now. Then again, would it be the right thing to do? Some things were meant to stay a secret, and even though she already knew, she didn't want to ruin their relationship by forcing it out. She now knew why this book had been held in the restricted, magically sealed, 'royal eyes only' section. Unicorns with this knowledge would have been able to enslave the pegasi and earth ponies, becoming the dominant race. If that had happened, Equestria would not have been as it was now. While it was all in good fun, summoning a pony meant depriving them of their rights and freedoms. Such a thing should never be allowed to come to pass. Although it would be extremely useful in many situations, the possibilities for the abuse of such knowledge were far greater, and far more severe than the benefits.

Celestia locked the book away in her magic trunk, still wanting to study it some more, but not wanting anypony else to get a hold of it, not even Luna.

Youtube Poop, Where there's smoke, Mama Luigi BUUUURRRRNNNNNNSSSS dinner.