• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 14,636 Views, 977 Comments

Summoned - BlackWing



Conjuration is a lost art in Equestria. Celestia is bored, and summons an otherworldy creature.

  • ...
62
 977
 14,636

Family (18)

Family

"So, your idea is?" Celestia asked me. I still hadn't told her the specifics.

"Simple, you got me by random, but the only way you can get something specific is by knowing what you're looking for. With this picture of my family from my wallet, you'll know what you're looking for, and can bring one of them here."

"All right, the circle is prepared, so, who should I bring?"

"Well, my sister is going to be busy with my niece, and my dad would freak out so...... my mother. She should be home right now. I just hope we don't get her when she's in the shower. Also, I think it would be best if I was the first one she saw, you know, lessen the shock."

"Very well Alex, so, her?" She motioned to the blonde, 44 year old, slightly plump woman.

"Yep. Alright, I hope this works."



Celestia, Luna, Fiddlestick, and I all held our breaths as the spell activated, the circle's lines and runes glowing brightly and the ponies vacating the area as my mother appeared.

"What the he.............. Alex?"

"Hi mom." I replied weakly. She dove at me and drew me in a hug.

"You've been gone for two months....... we gave up hope of ever seeing you again. You just, disappeared and......"

"Hey, it's okay. Now, there's something very important, you can't freak out okay?"

"Wait, where's here anyway? Where am I? How did you get here? I don't...." I grabbed her head in my hands and made her look in my eyes. She was crying with a mix of joy and confusion.

"Listen, calm yourself, I'll explain everything okay? But you have to listen. And no matter how strange or messed up this sounds, you have to know it's all true."






"So, this princess/goddess get's bored, uses magic to find a friend, and get's you.... then you get stuck here because you gave her a pack of skittles?" She asked incredulously.

"That's pretty much it, yeah. It's nobody's fault I got stuck here, it just, happened. They've been looking for a way to send me home nonstop."

"Well, I always said you shouldn't eat so much candy. Speaking of which, are you healthy?"

"Yes mom, I am well fed."

"Okay, so, you've been living here, helping them out, and they take care of you? Have you been eating well? They're nice, aren't they?" She asked, of course, motherly, worrying about me.

"Yes, they're all very nice, well, except for maybe one, but he's already getting an attitude adjustment. I've been eating fine. I got sick for a bit...... died for a day..... but I'm all better." I replied perkily.

"Died?!?!?" She started freaking out.

"Well, there's different diseases here, and before you worry, while you're like this, you can't catch them. But, yeah, I got really sick, my heart stopped beating, but, well, since there's magic here, they don't have tech to check for brainwaves, but yeah, it's fine, I'm all better, and I'm not a zombie."

"Well, that's good, we were so worried about you." She replied nervously, considering that I had died. "So? When do I get to meet them? Why haven't you introduced us yet?" She asked, thinking I was hiding them for some reason because she wouldn't approve. Oh mom......

"Well, there's one more thing you should know....... they're not human."

"Pardon?"

"They are not human."

"Then what are they?"

"Ponies."

"Pardon?"

"Sentient, speech capable, sophisticated, magical....... ponies."


She sat there for a second, letting it process, she looked like she was going to laugh at the absurdity until Celestia came in.

"Oh........" Was all she could muster.

"Hello there, I am Princess Celestia and, I must apologize. I know you have been missing Alex terribly. He's spoken of you all nearly nonstop. He.... also missed you...." The alicorn replied with a bow and a tear in her eye, obviously regretful of what happened.

"Well.... I guess it's not so bad... I mean, he was going to go to college, so he wouldn't be near us anyway..... I mean..... thank you for your concern..... Princess......" My mom bowed.

"Alex's mother...."

"Please, call me Jean."

"Very well, Jean, you do not need to bow to me.... I am responsible for taking your son away from you. If anypony should apologize, it should be me." Celestia bowed.

"It's just, I'm so happy to see you again, but, how do I know this is real?" She asked.

"Well, you do have a camera phone. Take a picture of us."

"Of course! Hold on." So Celestia, my mother and I stood together while she took the picture, with the sun princess in the middle. I took a few of the two of them standing from far away, and she did the same, capturing Celestia's full glory on the camera."


"Oh, thank you so much. You may not be able to come home, but at least I can visit you. Oh! Here, let me give you a photo of your niece, she's grown up so much!"

"NO!"

"What? Did I, say something wrong?"

"Yes, remember, you can't give anything to us. We have to demand it from you, you can't offer, or else you'll be stuck here too. Also, don't tell anyone else, just, tell the family to meet in the living room before 9:00 pm, and on the dot, we'll bring the whole lot of you here, just so you all know you're not crazy. It'll be other ponies bringing you this time, so, just, prepare them for a shock okay?"

She nodded, and with that, Celestia sent her home. I breathed a sigh of relief, then walked out, exhausted.

"Are you alright?" Celestia asked, concerned about me.

"Yeah, I guess I'm just feeling drained is all. I mean, I haven't seen them in two months, and now, all the emotions and stuff, I'm a little worn out. It's a good thing today's my day off. I think I'll go to the spa in Ponyville today, get myself cleaned up and relaxed for tonight. She took it rather well I think, I just hope the rest of them handle it like she did."





After a refreshing spa visit, in which no bones were broken, (I told them to give me Fluttershy's treatment, so much better) I returned to Canterlot and read through the summoning book. As it turns out, there is absolutely NO problem with giving your summon something, only in receiving something from them do they become unbound. So basically, summons are the opposite of house elves. I went upstairs to await my family. Mom was already there, waiting with me in the hall for the rest of the family. I heard my dad's voice.

"Jean? Jean? Where are you?"

"Out here Robert!" She called, the door slammed open, and you should have seen the look on his face when he saw me standing there too.

"Hey pops, what's up?" A smile while leaning against the wall.

"Is that you Alex?"

"Nope, a burlger." My traditional mock greeting, usually when I come home after dark. More hugs followed.

"What the he..."

"Hey dad, don't swear, Alice is here too." My niece, confused, but not crying, being carried by my sister, Candace, quite scared.

"Hey sis. Well, looks like the whole fam damily is here. Why don't you head on in and get yourselves comfortable, while I explain what's been going on."


Another hour explanation and questions later, all the while Celestia, Fiddlestick, and a number of other unicorns from the magic department who had been called in to bring them here, as well as Serenity from the night guard, were listening, my family finally just sat to let it all soak in.

"So, son, do you have a....... girlfriend?" Dad asked. The question almost made me spit out my tea in shock before I composed myself, swallowed it down hard, then replied.

"Marefriend. Well, no, although there are a certain couple ponies I have my eyes on at this point, but, nothing's been set so far. As this is a matriarchal society, I'm going to let them make the first move." Both Serenity and Celestia started looking around.

"Well, I mean, I'm not really against it.... I mean, we were never against you having a foreign girlfriend, although this is a little..... extreme......" Mom answered.

"I mean, they're ponies, okay, I mean, yeah, they're nice, and, on the inside they're really no different than we are, well, maybe a bit better even but, wouldn't it bother you? You know, not being able to have kids?" Candace asked.

"Whoa! Geez! Not that far yet. Not even CLOSE to being near that. As for that, well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there."

"But, don't you think it would be kind of, you know, weird?"

"There's nothing about this situation that ISN'T weird."

"Ponies!" Alice squealed with delight as she hugged Serenity. Two year olds are adorable aren't they? When they're not being hellions that is. Everyone d'awwed.

"Well, Alice seems to like ya, so, I guess there's nothing wrong with it." My sister finally relented.

"Yep, Alex, just, remember to invite us to the wedding." Serenity and Celestia's turn to choke on their tea.

"Seriously Dad? Your jokes are putting them off."

"I'm not joking. If you really are stuck here, well, then, it goes to say that eventually you'll want to settle down and start a family, maybe adopt a..... foal"

"Dad, I'm 19, I still have plenty of time ahead of me. While I may be working here in the castle which provides room and board as well as some spending money, I'd have to get a house first."

"Unless you move in with the lucky... mare." Candace stated. "After all, this is a female prominent society."

"True enough, although considering that I already live in the castle, I'm pretty sure whoever it is would want to move in with me, unless it's a guard or one of the princesses. I've got a pretty lavish lifestyle just for cooking, cleaning, and making sure Widget doesn't make something that destroys the castle." Everyone laughed.

"Yeah, we always said you'd be the perfect stay at home husband." Mom joked. Everyone laughed again.

"Well, it's night now, Alice fell asleep in Serenity's wings, you all should probably get going home."

"Yeah, work tomorrow." Dad replied.

"Same." Mom answered.

"Work for me and preschool for her." Candace stated. It was almost 11:00 pm now, and so the unicorns all prepared to undo their spells and send them home.

"So, I have every Saturday off, maybe every other week we could have a get together?" Celestia nodded, as did my family, and they were sent home, and all but the sun princess and night guard cleared out.



"Alex..... you're crying...." Serenity said, looking worried.

"I've never been so happy in all my life. I got to see my family again, and will see them again more often, I have ponies I care about, good friends, a stable job, what more can a guy ask for?"

"How about a marefriend?" She replied. Celestia scowled. I was just stunned.

"I mean, you were dropping hints all over the place. Either a princess or a guard, they have to ask you first. Since I'm pretty sure you've got no shot with Princess Celestia or Princess Luna, I take it you were asking me out?" The bat winged pegasus asked. Celestia cleared her throat and awaited my answer intently.

"Um...... I.... um....... uh?"

"Well?"

"Well.... um.... the thing is..... I like you.... and.... well......, I...."

"You like both of us." Celestia replied. I couldn't say anything, so I just nodded.

"Well, I am sorry to disappoint Alex, but, unfortunately, I am not interested in a relationship. No doubt that you are a very kind individual, and any mare would be lucky to have you but, I'm afraid that it isn't me." The alicorn stated sadly. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I understand. You have your royal duties, and several other factors that just makes a relationship impossible for you right now. I guess it would be alright for me to start dating, finding out who I like, and see if it develops further than that. We wouldn't be marefriend and boyfriend yet Serenity, we'd just be, dating, figuring out if we want to continue the relationship before diving into it. Taking things slow. That okay with you?"

"Yep! That way, if it doesn't work out, neither of us gets heartbroken and we can stay friends." She gave me a quick nuzzle.

"I'm glad you understand Alex. This could have been a lot more complicated and awkward, but thankfully it wasn't. Now, I'm off to bed. It's late, and I'd like to get a good night's sleep." The sun princess left and headed to her room.

"Well then Serenity, I've got a few more hours before I'm going to bed, since I slept a bit in the sauna at the spa, so, what do you wanna do?"

"Is this our first date as a not-yet-couple?"

"You could say that."

"Well, since my guards are still terrible, how about I hide, and you direct them to try and find me? I happen to love that game."

"Sounds good to me. Bring em to the courtyard and we'll get started."





"What am I afraid of? How I'll be seen by the public? Am I ashamed of him? Am I shy? He's fun, he talks to me instead of grovelling, he's interesting, and he makes me do things I never would have done before, and enjoy immensely. Is it because I'm an immortal, and I know he'll die long before I do, so I'll be alone again? Or is it because I know if we find a way to send him home, he'll take it? Either way, it seems I'm destined to always be alone in the end."

Alex's parent's didn't freak out because they were just glad to see him, and he explained it all BEFORE showing them the ponies, as to prevent culture shock. They also think that they're hallucinating, and will start freaking out a bit more when they print the photos off and they know it's real.