• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 772 Views, 22 Comments

The Return of Harmony Redux - paiohelohelo



A year after The Nightmare Incident, Twilight and her friends are settling down into their new lives in Equestria... little do they know, Lord Discord has plans of his own! The sequel to "Friendship is Magic Redux"

  • ...
3
 22
 772

Ch. 1- A Day in the Life (of an Apple)

THE RETURN OF HARMONY REDUX

It wasn't going to be just another ordinary day for Abigail Bethany Smith.

She looked out of the window next to her; sure enough, the featureless desert landscape far beneath her didn’t change at all, but Abigail didn’t mind: she was really only, in fact, staring intently at her own reflection, in more of a scrutinizing rather than a vainglorious way. Abigail was still very young, indeed; she looked over her shoulder length, straight red hair tied up, as always, in her favorite pink ribbon; her translucent, big amber eyes, currently scrunched up in a half- frown; her smooth, blank, pale skin which, unlike that of her older siblings, held no freckles of its own. Abigail sighed, thinking about her family again; it really did seem like they used to be a very tight- knit group, but ever since her sister got into Lord knows what, her brother disappeared into black ops, and her parents, well… well, it just seemed like they used to be a lot more tightly bonded than they currently found themselves at present.

“The rain in Spain falls mainly on the planes… lalalala… The rain in Spain falls mainly on the planes…” Abigail turned her head across the aisle of the plane to see a beautiful young woman muttering to herself in the aisle seat on the opposite side of her row; Abigail frowned.

“Um… actually, it’s supposed to be plains, not planes,” another young woman fitted with expensive- looking cat eyes glasses meekly corrected her chanting companion.

The beautiful girl turned to her friend with an irate look on her face. “And what's the difference? I mean, they sound exactly the same… they’ve got planes in Spain too, don’t they?”

The cat- eyed girl lowered her head, almost as if she really wanted to avoid being seen by anybody else, right then and there. “Yes, of course… I’m sorry, Diamond Tiara, it won’t happen again…”

“Well, good...” Diamond Tiara scoffed and closed her eyes again as if she was resuming her zen meditation. “The rain in Spain falls mainly on the planes…”

Abigail knew it wasn’t very polite to laugh at total strangers, so she suppressed a giggle and tried to face out the window again; however, to her surprise, she heard a distinct snort and quite a few chuckles coming from the passenger next to her. She turned to the person in the aisle seat by her side to see another young woman, about her age, dressed in navy blue cargo pants, a plain white tee, and sporting bright pink- dyed, short, spiky hair; Abigail’s flying companion had her face buried in a Rolling Stone magazine, Abigail's own older sister and her best friends ironically on the cover in a staged publicity photo under the bold title "THE REAL MANE SIX- An Exclusive Interview with The Heroes of Equestria"; the other girl was chuckling to herself in quite an audible manner, but fortunately it didn’t seem as if Diamond Tiara or her little friend even noticed, as Tiara herself kept on religiously repeating her mantras. Abigail raised a brow again, but said nothing as the plane continued on its way.

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” a young, pleasant male voice came over the loudspeaker as flight stewards and stewardesses began checking on the passengers and lighted signs came on, “this is your pilot Thunderlane here again… we’ve caught some unexpected tailwind, and will be landing in Canterlot International Airport 20 minutes ahead of schedule… please fasten your seatbelts, stow your tray tables and carry- ons, and return your seats to their upright positions... we will begin our descent shortly, thank you,”

With a very audible sigh, Abigail fastened her seatbelt; after all, this was what she came for, wasn’t it? Abigail half- expected an answer, but she found herself with no one else to confide in save her lonely little ol’ self; the plane just kept on heading toward its destination.

The rather normal jet plane landed on what appeared to be a wide, ancient runway of some sort on the outskirts of the equally ancient city of Canterlot, its engines dying and the plane itself coming to an idle stop. The cabin door's stairway came down and Abigail was the first person to emerge, a ragged old backpack slung over her shoulders. Abigail smiled and gasped in awe as she took in a panoramic view of The Old City from the ground; it was truly amazing, even in all her engineering and architectural courses, she never could have imagined that such a place really existed outside of all of the pictures and videos that she had seen; spires upon spires of gleaming gold, white stone cupolas and towers streaked in elegant royal blue paint, flags and banners reflecting every color of the rainbow… it was almost too much for her to take in at once.

Woooaah… now, ain’t that somethin’,” she whispered to herself in wonder.

Suddenly, Abigail felt someone push her quite rudely out of the way; Abigail was about to shout “hey!” when Diamond Tiara walked quickly past her and down towards the tarmac, followed by her companion carrying multiple suitcases and bags of luggage.

“Excuse me, press coming through,” Diamond Tiara informed Abigail without even looking at her.

Abigail frowned at the reporter, who had pushed her way down the plane’s stairway to the ground towards a waiting camera crew on the tarmac below.

“Is everything ready?” Diamond Tiara asked the crew as her companion had somehow managed to drop their luggage off somewhere else; she was now diligently applying make- up to the cranky reporter.

“Yes, Miss Tiara, we got your eggo call from the plane, ready when you are,” the skinny and nervous- looking cameraman replied, raising a futuristic looking device on his shoulder and aiming it.

“Good,” Diamond Tiara cleared her throat before facing him with a smile.

“Recording in five, four…” the cameraman counted down the rest with his fingers before pointing to Diamond Tiara; a red flash on his camera turned on.

“This is Diamond Tiara with Holo Free Equestria News,” Diamond Tiara began her broadcast, “continuing HFE’s special report on the immigration issues still plaguing the colony. It has now been over a year since the world at large first encountered, or I should say re- encountered these miraculous, lost remains of an ancient human culture, and much has changed as humanity struggled to come to terms with extremely advanced and, as the now infamous Nightmare Incident has shown, potentially dangerous ancient technologies, as well as a paradigm shattering re- interpration of who we are as a people, and what exactly New Equestria is supposed to mean to us all.

Some have taken Equestria’s re- appearance as a shining beacon of hope, that one day mankind’s current problems can and will be solved without any further suffering and bloodshed inflicted on the planet; others have notably interpreted the reappearance of Equestria as the first sign of the coming Apocalypse, one of many foretold in The Book of Revelations, with Equestria’s pony symbology representing the future conquest of Earth by the very minions of Perdition itself; among the former, tens of thousands of war refugees from the surrounding African countries, the Middle East, and many other war- torn, failed states around the world have flocked to Equestria’s remnant territory in order to escape persecution, starvation, disease and death on this beckoning, mostly uninhabited land. However, these refugees are now currently finding themselves beset with a lack of housing, medical care, food and infrastructure, and the United Nations are still struggling to provide sustenance and buildings for the refugee camps as more and more desperate people from across all national borders, a real survey of the entire human population, really, arrive to occupy this land every day.

However, not all of Equestria’s immigrants are working to contribute to it’s extremely worrisome population problems; some have come to make the country a better place, and indeed, to make the entire world itself a more advanced, civilized place to live in. I myself have just returned to Equestria on a plane full of them after reporting in Addis Ababa: fresh, eager young faces ready to take on the challenges of both the ancient and modern worlds, some of the most brilliant, most capable minds our entire species have to offer. Here’s one of them now, let’s try to get some first impressions from Equestria’s future…”

Suddenly, Diamond Tiara and her camera crew turned towards Abigail, who was still standing at the doorway of the jet plane, carrying a single backpack behind her held by the straps in both hands like an elementary student on the first day of school; a look of complete horror was on her face. Diamond Tiara’s companion looked annoyed, and silently motioned for the confused young girl to come down and give her two cents to the camera. Reluctantly, Abigail disembarked the plane and walked up to them.

“Yes, hello, miss,” Diamond Tiara herself was a lot more civil when she was being recorded, “what’s your name?”

“Um… Abigail, Abigail… Smith,” Abigail was extremely uncomfortable giving interviews to the press, and it showed on the news emitter feed; ‘ABIGAIL SMITH’ immediately popped up in bold letters superimposed over her; she frowned.

“Welcome to Equestria, Abigail… I’m guessing this is your first time here, like most of everyone onboard, correct?”

“…Sure.”

“And just why have you come to the UN’s brand new colony here, I wonder?” Diamond Tiara was looking thoughtfully at Abigail, but she distinctly got the feeling that the news reporter was just trying to create some filler or something.

“…Um, well, ta be perfectly honest, mah sister already works here n’ she asked me if I might-“

“Cut,” Diamond Tiara’s companion suddenly spoke out, motioning for the cameraman to stop recording, which he did. The companion sighed, shaking her head. “No, no, no, this won’t really work. I can barely understand what she’s saying, her Southern American accent is way too thick…”

Abigail just stared daggers at her; she thought to herself, quite furiously: mah accent’s WHATNOW?!?!

Diamond Tiara looked pensive. “Hmmm, well, is there any way that we can maybe put an Alicorn Tongue Effect on her in editing, Silver Spoon? Or at least, some subtitles?”

Abigail choked on her own indignant response to that as Silver Spoon shook her head.

“Well, we could do that, but you did just introduce her as one of Equestria’s “most brilliant, most capable minds”, and to be honest, Tiara… well… she just doesn’t seem to be the right fit for the segment,”

Oh, you have GOT ta be kiddin’ me, why, you pretentious little bi-

“Hmmm, I guess you’re right,” Diamond Tiara straightened her hair as she concluded. “Let’s move on to the next one, then.” She turned to Abigail and saccharinely smiled, “sorry about that, you’re free to go!”

Abigail was speechless, and she sputtered as a camera crewperson led her away from the shot, still very pissed and indignant.

“Alright, let’s see what we have next…” Diamond Tiara scanned the door for the next passenger debarking the plane.

The Rolling Stone- reading, formerly chuckling young woman with shockingly pink hair casually made her way down the stairway carrying a large duffel bag on one shoulder; She looked entirely uneager and uninterested.

“Start rolling,” Diamond Tiara motioned to the crew, “excuse me, excuse me, miss!”

The pink- haired girl stopped at the bottom of the stairs as Diamond Tiara came up to her, smiling. “Why, hello, miss, welcome to Equestria, we’re doing a segment for HFE News, interviewing newcomers to the colony and getting their first impressions. Would you care to give us a few words for a minute? We just want to let people see some new faces in the country and get some initial thoughts on this brave new world. Is that ok?”

The pink- haired girl gasped and seemed to blush, reaching for her heart with one hand as if she was extremely shy; she smiled, and then nodded, indicating that she felt extremely honored to be on HFE.

Diamond Tiara grinned back. “OK! So, tell us, what is your name and why did you travel all the way to Equestria? Are you involved with The Initiative in any way, perhaps? Please, let the world know,”

The pink- haired and extremely humble young woman giggled sweetly, and then leaned straight into the camera, smiling: “…No comment.”

The HFE news team all stared as she smirked at them before walking away with her duffel bag. Diamond Tiara and her lackey/producer Silver Spoon gave her the dirtiest of looks as she left, angry that she had wasted their time and footage. As the camera caught her, still recording, leaving the shot, ‘NO COMMENT?’ appeared superimposed over her body.

Diamond Tiara sighed in frustration. “Cut… just cut the damn footage, Featherweight…”

The pink- haired girl was still chuckling as she walked over to a large cart on the side of the plane and began picking out the rest of her luggage. She heard some very accented cursing and turned her head to see Abigail, a proverbial storm cloud over her head, muttering to herself angrily as she tried to free a bag from the cart in frustration.

“Hey,” the pink- haired one asked, “you alright?”

“I’m- hnnngh!- just peachy, thank you,” Abigail responded quite curtly, still in a bad mood from being so embarrassed only seconds after arriving in Equestria.

“Well actually, Peachy’s over there giving her 5 minutes of fame to Diamond Tiara,” the pink- haired woman gestured to where the HFE reporter was having more luck with a bubbly auburn- haired young woman who was the next to emerge from the jet. “I’m guessing she’s telling them about how she let her fellow sorority sisters choose her pony name before graduating from some East Coast Ivy League school.”

Abigail giggled at that, her storm cloud dissipating somewhat. “And you know that, how?”

“Aw, you’ve met one, you’ve met 'em all,” the pink- haired girl grinned back before chucking Abigail lightly on the shoulder. “Seriously, though, don’t let Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon get to you, I’ve found that it’s best to just ignore them and find something else to look at… sort of how you handle pop- up ads,”

This time, Abigail laughed out loud this time, shaking her head. The pink- haired one walked up to her spot on the cart and took her stuck bag in both her hands.

“Here, lemme help you with that,” she pulled the bag and it came free; Applejack smiled gratefully as she took it.

“Thank ya kindly there, um... Miss…”

“-Scootaloo, Scootaloo Cruz,” the pink- haired one introduced herself as she shook Abigail’s hand when it became free. “A pleasure meeting ya, Abigail,”

“Nice ta meet ya, too, Scootaloo,” Abigail smiled back at her. “Y’all ken jus’ call me Apple Bloom, don’t have ta go pronouncin’ my name all proper like, now,”

Scootaloo raised a brow. “Apple Bloom, huh? So, just like Peachy, you’ve already picked out your pony name too?”

Apple Bloom frowned. “Um, pony name?”

“Yeah, it’s sort of a tradition here in New Equestria,” Scootaloo explained, “the ancient Equestrians sort of had kinda generic, New- Agey kinds of names, so it’s kind of a thing to get a new Equestrian name when you come here. For example, my mom is the only one who really calls me ‘Katie’, at least now,”

“You mean… you’ve been here before?” Apple Bloom cocked her head quizzically.

“Who, me? Yup, just got back from The States on a bit of leave, but you could say I’ve been around the block,” Scootaloo explained.

Apple Bloom nodded her head. “Well, the whole pony name thing sure explains the names of all of Applejack’s friends… still, I’ve been called ‘Apple Bloom’ all mah life, sure enough as mah sister’s been called ‘Applejack’ all throughout hers, so-“

Scootaloo dropped every single last one of her bags on the tarmac, her eyes as big as dinner plates. “…Applejack. The Applejack? Applejack is your… sister,

Apple Bloom started to blush; she had totally forgotten that she now had to hide that little fact from most people, lest trouble really brew for her. “Ummmm…. sure?”

“Applejack. The Mane Sixer,” Scootaloo shook her head. “Well, I guess I should’ve known, Abigail Smith…”

Apple Bloom laughed. “Yeah, Granny kept gettin’ us mixed up when we were kids, so we became her two little Apples. I actually should be heading over yonder ta Ponyville, the whole reason I’m here’s ‘cus Applejack asked me ta come…” Apple Bloom gathered up all of her bags and prepared to leave, smiling at Scootaloo. “Well, I better find a taxi or somethin’, I heard it’s quite a long way to the new Sweet Apple Acres. It was really nice meetin’ ya, Scootaloo…”

“Hey, wait!” Scootaloo stopped her from leaving. “I got a car… well, a UN truck that I’m fond of, and that nobody really seems to be missing, so… why don’t I drive you over there? It’s actually not that far, they rebuilt the town pretty close to the city limits... oooh, I’ll buy us some beers on the way!”

Underneath Apple Bloom’s ginger red locks an alarm- well, multiple alarms- started to go off in response to that. “Umm… it was really nice meetin’ ya n' all, Scootaloo, and I’m, um… flattered, really, but I really don’t, um… swing that way?

Scootaloo just gave her a frown before she caught onto Apple Bloom’s little misunderstanding and started to laugh really hard. “Hahahahaha, oh my God, you thought that I- because I offered to buy you a beer and- aaaah, good times,” Scootaloo wiped a tear from her eye; she saw that Apple Bloom was staring at her funny, so she started to explain: “-um, haha, Apple Bloom- no, you see, another tradition here in New Equestria is to offer any newcomer you meet a welcoming gift… the traditional gift, as current rules decree, is ‘a choice between either a free beer or an afaan- oromootin- maal- jedhama’,”

Apple Bloom blinked rapidly. “A beer or a what now?

“Weeeeell… you’re really not supposed to tell the person upon giving them the initial choice, ruins the fun later on, buuuuuut… an afaan- oromootin- maal- jedhama is a very, very tall hookah, stuffed all the way to the brim of the bowl with the highest- quality hashish available... at the time,” Scootaloo elaborated.

“…A hookah. Filled entirely with hash.”

Scootaloo nodded, quite seriously. “Everybody involved gets one,” she held up a single finger.

Apple Bloom pretended to think for a moment. “Hmmmm… well, shoots, ya know, I think I’ll just go with the beer, thanks,”

“Eh, suit yourself,” Scootaloo winked playfully. “Hey! I know a good place in the city, I’ll take you over there now, and then we’ll head over to Sweet Apple Acres. Sound good?”

“Ok… thanks,” Apple Bloom was still a little unsure if Scootaloo was just being friendly, secretly harbored amorous intentions, or really only cared about her because she had an incredibly famous sister. “Oh, wait! I’m not even 21, so that probably won’t work…”

Scootaloo laughed incredibly heartily, slapping her new friend on the back. “S’cool, neither am I in America!”

*****************************************************************************************************

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, after driving a bit, made their way into a quaint- looking pub called The Galloping Gallon located inside the city of Canterlot. Inside, Apple Bloom found a bunch of happy- looking patrons, laughing and talking with each other, all enjoying drinks (many of which Apple Bloom was pretty sure were invented in Equestria) in what looked like any other traditional English public house sitting in the middle of any other recolonized Equestrian capital city.

“Hey, Berry Punch!” Scootaloo threw down a fake ID and greeted the bartender with a grin. “Two beers, non- American, bottled… I’m feelin’ extra generous today,” she winked again at Apple Bloom. “And how about some snacks while you’re at it, huh?”

The bartender just looked at Scootaloo in a very tired way over the bar counter. “Scootaloo, for over six months now you’ve been coming in here, buying drinks, and every single time you give me that stupid fake US passport that says your real name is ‘Carmen Sandiego’… for the last time, I’m not an idiot…. So, on your tab, again?

“Yes, on my tab again, please…” Scootaloo blushed a little as Berry Punch fulfilled her order, embarrassed to have been schooled in front of the newcomer like that; Apple Bloom smiled at her as she was handed a bottle of beer.

“Why, thank you so much, Ms. Sandiego,” she joked as she took a sip; Scootaloo shrugged.

“Hey, a girl’s gotta drink, right?” was all that Scootaloo replied as she grinned sheepishly and took a sip as well before offering her bottle in a toast. “To new beginnings, and, what’s that line from that old movie, ‘the beginning of a beautiful friendship’?”

Apple Bloom grinned before clinking her bottle to Scootaloo’s. “Play it again, Carmen.”

Scootaloo giggled and took another sip; Just then, a beautiful young woman joined them at the bar counter near where they were sitting, although she didn’t sit in a stool herself; she was about their age, with smooth, pale, nearly translucent skin, big, bright emerald green eyes surrounded by long, luscious lashes, and gorgeous black, very nearly purple tresses coiled in little curls around her head without looking excessively frizzy. She smiled at Berry Punch, who smiled back warmly.

“Why, hello, Sweetie Belle,” Berry Punch greeted. “The usual?”

"Two sarsaparillas this time, Berry, and a blue cheese salad to go, if you’d please,” Sweetie ordered from her in a very high- pitched, girly voice. “I’m eating lunch at my desk today… the director sure has been awfully busy lately!”

“Awww, I’m sorry to hear it, babe,” Berry offered sympathetically. “Two sarsaparillas and a blue cheese salad, to go… here, have an extra bottle, Sweetie, on the house. Don’t work too hard, now, sugar,”

“Thanks, Berry!” Sweetie Belle beamed. “See ya later!”

Berry bid her a fond farewell, and Sweetie Belle collected her order and headed for the door. Before she left, however, Scootaloo spotted her and grinned.

“Speaking of friendships… YO, SWEETIE BELLE!!!” Scootaloo put down her beer and called out to her, loudly.

Sweetie Belle was walking along, humming, almost as if she was on an idle screensaver, when she turned around to look who called her; when she saw Scootaloo she smiled brightly and started running over.

“SCOOTY- SCOOTS!!! You’re back!!!!!” Sweetie Belle answered warmly and hugged the other girl; they both laughed happily. “I thought I wasn’t going to see you until after I was done working!!!”

“Yeah, the plane caught a tailwind and I arrived early, just got into town,” Scootaloo answered as she released her friend from the hug. “I met somebody on the plane with me! Sweetie Belle, this is Apple Bloom, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle,”

Apple Bloom shook Sweetie’s hand politely and smiled. “Nice ta meetcha, Sweetie,”

“Likewise!” Sweetie Belle almost seemed as bubbly as Peachy was.

“Lil’ Apple Bloom here,” Scootaloo smirked at Sweetie, “just so happens to be Applejack’s little sister.”

Sweetie Belle jumped high at least a couple of times in the air as her eyes widened and she let out a squeal that seemed bigger than her lungs themselves. “Omigosh, omigosh, that is SO AWESOME!!!”

Apple Bloom frowned, so Scootaloo started to explain: “Sweetie Belle here, lil’ Apple Bloom, just so happens to be Rarity Belle’s little sister.”

Apple Bloom looked at Scootaloo, and then back at Sweetie, who was still grinning like a maniac. “Oh… so you mean-“

“That both our older sisters are like the very bestest, bestest best BFFs in the entire universe?! Like, TOTALLY!!!” Sweetie Belle began trilling and gasping. “Omigosh, omigosh, like, I never, ever thought I'd run into any of Rarity’s friend’s sisters out here, I honestly can’t BELIEVE IT!!! Omigosh, like, you know what they say about ‘never having too many friends’? Well, it’s, like, totally true!!!” Sweetie Belle suddenly took Apple Bloom’s hand in hers, prompting the Texan to stare at Scootaloo again with a frown. “Oh, we’re gonna do everything together: we’re gonna go shoe shopping, bike riding, interpretive dance-- um, dancing, non- interpretive dance- dancing, hot yoga, eating various delicacies, and um… grocery shopping, other stuff too, for sure!!! You know there’s some pretty good clubs right here in Canterlot, world- class, at least that’s what I heard… oh, we’re gonna have the bestest time two sisters of two bestest best friends in the entire universe could ever HAVE!!!”

“………” Apple Bloom replied.

“Sweetie Belle, girl,” Scootaloo took her hands away from Apple Bloom’s and into her own. “Breathe, breathe, breathe…”

“I’m- gasp!- sorry, sometimes I- HUUUH- get so excited I feel like I could just- cough- BURST!!!” Sweetie Belle was trying to explain in between hyperventilated breaths. “GAAAASP… It kinda gets hard to breathe, though. Nice to meet ya, Apple Bloom!”

“I’m truly sorry about that, and… it’s nice ta meetcha, too?” Apple Bloom tried to answer in one neat little package.

Sweetie Belle, interestingly, had never stopped grinning with authentic joy, even when her lungs threatened her with total collapse. “HUUUUUUUUH- a pleasure!”

Apple Bloom turned to Scootaloo. “Uh… is she gonna be ok?

“Ah, Sweetie Belle ain’t no powderpuff, she can handle it… ain’t that right, girl?” Scootaloo just laughed and patted Sweetie on the shoulder; even though she was still gasping for air, she smiled and nodded.

“Okaaaaay, well… um, it was really nice meetin’ y’all, really, and I can’t thank ya enough fer the beer, Scootaloo, but, um… I really need to get ta mah sister’s, seein’ as how she’s expectin’ me, n’ all,” Apple Bloom put down her still full bottle and began to get up.

“Yeah… yeah, you’re right, we should probably get driving,” Scootaloo put down her fully emptied beer bottle on the table and got up as well.

Apple Bloom heard more alarms going off in her head. “Ya know what, Scootaloo? I ken probably jus’ get a taxi from here, it’s… it’s really no big deal, hahaha,”

Scootaloo pat her on the shoulder again. “You’re absolutely right, it is no big deal… so I’ll just drive you there myself!” she winked at Apple Bloom. “Don’t worry, the way I drive, I’ll have you there in like, half an hour flat, an hour tops. Noooo problemo! Hey, Sweetie Belle,” she turned to her friend, who seemed to have regained her ability to breathe again, “I gotta drop Apple Bloom off at her sister’s, you up for a little road trip?”

“Sure!” Sweetie Belle squealed happily, almost as if she had entirely forgotten about the precarious few minutes that had passed beforehand.

“Wait- don’t you have, like, some sort of job to do?” Apple Bloom frowned at her.

Sweetie Belle just stared at Apple Bloom like she had no idea what she was talking about; then she suddenly clapped her hands together. “Oh, yeah, I totally forgot! I was just gonna file a whole lot of papers today, because Director Everstar told me before I came to get lunch that she really needed to take a nap… she explicitly instructed me not to bother her for, like, 'at least sixteen hours'… wow, I really can’t believe I didn’t remember that! I should be good, then,” she smiled again.

“Well, girls, that's awfully kind of y’all, offerin' ta take me yerselves, the both of you, but…” Apple Bloom nervously stammered as she unconsciously started to head for the door.

“Great! Then it’s settled!” Scootaloo smacked the table. “Yo, Berry, one for the road!”

“…You know what, we should probably start driving, like, right now,” Apple Bloom tried to interrupt her designated driver's efforts at getting intoxicated.

“Yeah, you're totally right… Berry, nevermind, put it in the fridge!”

Oh thank God, Apple Bloom prayed silently, hoping that when she got to her sister’s place, things would be a little better and more normal than they were currently going for her.

“Yaaaaay!” Sweetie Belle clapped her hands together, “road trip!”

****************************************************************************************************************

Applejack was having, by all accounts, an extremely shitty and very unusual day.

“Applejack, please…” Rarity begged her best friend, tears nearly in her eyes.

“Dammit Rarity, not now,” Applejack growled back.

“But Apppppplllllleeeeejaaaaaccckkkk….” Rarity let out one of her signature canine- stunning whines, “I really, really need your help!”

“Rarity, can’t ya see that I’m currently havin' some serious problems of mah own?!” Applejack snapped, for a split second taking her attention off of the pair of Equestrian- made binoculars she was using.

“But Applejack, I really, really need another case of your Cinnamon Apple Bear Claws, darling, this is an emergency,” Rarity tried to get her friend’s attention again. “I have a VERY important client coming to see my new line, and he absolutely insists that your pastries are the best he’s ever tasted! Applejack, PLEEEEASE,”

“Goddammit, Rare!” Applejack snapped again at her friend, “Could this maybe wait until after we’re done here?!”

“HEY!” Applejack’s EGO suddenly crackled to life; Applejack soon found herself dealing with both an irrational, stressed out Rarity and the voice of a very pissed- off sounding Rainbow Dash. “Oh, I’m so sorry, I hope I’m not interrupting anything important,”

Applejack sighed, heavily. “I’m real sorry, Rainbow Dash, it’s Rarity again, she… won’t stop bothering me about Bear Claws,”

“Well, unless you both wanna become midday snacks for an extremely ravenous, maneating horde of parasprites, I suggest that you, I don't know, SPRING THE FUCKING TRAP RIGHT NOW!!!”

“Roger, Dash… activating the Light Net unit,” Applejack pressed her EGO and resumed looking through her binoculars again.

“Buuuuuuuut Appppllllllleeeejaaaacckkkkk!!!!”

“DAMMIT, RARITY!!! NOT NOW!!!!! And for the last damn time, PUT ON YOUR ARMOR!!!!!”

Rainbow Dash frowned at her emitter console in her cockpit as Rarity’s voice seemed to be begging Applejack to get to baking, and Applejack’s voice kept on arguing back. “The hell- ?”

“Is something wrong?” Twilight Sparkle asked from the co- pilot seat in the back.

“I really have no friggin’ clue,” Rainbow Dash replied. “Ok, we’re coming up on the swarm now… the Light Net should fire as soon as those little bastards cross the sensors… God, I seriously hope this works…”

Rainbow Dash and Twilight were flying in The Filly Flash, a converted Shadowbolt fighter jet painted light blue and outfitted with an extra seat in the cockpit. The Filly Flash screamed through the air on afterburners as it struggled to reach a large, ominious black cloud of small, spherical fly- like creatures looming over the last stretches of The Everfree Rainforest and heading straight for Sweet Apple Acres.

Down on the farm, Rarity grabbed Applejack’s arm and stared at her, her hair extremely frizzy and her eyes glazed over in the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. “Now, you listen here, Abigail Jacqueline Smith, and you listen good… when Ralph Lauren eats a Bear Claw in your boutique, and he says that he absolutely adores it, you always, always have those Bear Claws on hand for him, always, understood?”

Up above, Rainbow Dash tried to maneuver her advanced warplane as Applejack and Rarity continued to argue over her console emitter.

Goddammit, Rare, I will bake you SO MANY BEAR CLAWS if you just leave me alone, right now, SO HELP ME GOD!!!”

Twilight Sparkle frowned as she listened in. “Wow… things really don’t sound too good down there, do they?”

“Well, things really don’t look so good up here,” Dash replied darkly, sweat covering her brow, “we’re here,”

Twilight looked out of the bubble canopy to see the hideous cloud of killer insects flying right under them. She gulped hard, knowing what was coming up very, very soon, and the exact probability it had of working successfully.

Below the swarm, a miles- long strip of metal beeped as the parasprites crossed it; suddenly, a large screen made of light shot out over the insects, large metal balls tying the ends down before dropping back down to Earth; the swarm was stopped dead as the net balls activated thrusters and began flying, wrapping the net tighter and tighter around them.

“We did it!!! WOOO!!!” Twilight shouted rapturously; it seemed as if Plan B wouldn't be put into effect, after all, which made her extremely happy.

“Um… think again, fearless leader,” Rainbow Dash pointed out the cockpit to where a small, coherent group of parasprites had escaped the Light Net and had continued on their way towards Sweet Apple Acres.

“What’s going on?” Applejack asked from the emitter. “Did it work?”

“Negative, AJ, some of the little fuckers got through,” Dash sighed.

“Well, shit,” Applejack cursed, “How long ‘til they reach Ponyville?”

Dash calculated that on her console. “Um, it should take them at least 5 minutes to reach Sweet Apple Acres and 45 minutes to get to Ponyville… AJ, I think you should activate the evacuation signal, this is cutting it dangerously close for the people in town… and where the hell is Pinkie Pie?!?!”

“Don’t know,” AJ responded, “but I’ll get everybody ta Canterlot, starting now. Are y’all goin’ to Plan B?”

Rainbow Dash stared at Twilight who sighed very heavily; it looked as if they were going through with Plan B, after all.

“Yes Applejack, I think it’s time for Plan B,” she responded reluctantly.

“Alright, sugarcube… good luck, then,”

“Thanks Applejack… I’ll need it,” Twilight sighed again. “Ok, Dash, just… get me close. I’ll do the rest…”

“Roger, oh fearless leader,” Rainbow Dash saluted as she banked The Filly Flash steeply downwards; the fighter then stopped to hover right above the remaining parasprites, matching its speed with theirs.

“Alright, I can do this, I can do this…” Twilight breathed in deeply as she closed up her PALADIN helmet. “I can do this… right, Rainbow Dash?”

“Um, sure Twi, yeah… you’re The King of The World, King Kong ain’t got nothing on you,” Rainbow Dash pressed a few buttons on her console. “Ok, opening up the canopy now- get ready,”

“Right… I can do this, I can do this… I mean, how much harder is this than The Nightmare Incident, right, hahaha?”

“Get ready,” was all that Dash replied as she shut her own helmet. She opened the cockpit canopy, and an intense wind whooshed through. Twilight threw a steel cable over the side and, still repeating “I can do this”, started to slowly climb over The Filly Flash and down the cable, inching ever closer at high speeds towards the parasprites below.

“I can do this, I can do this… HOOOOLY SHIIIIT!!!!” Twilight was suddenly jerked hard to the right; the parasprites had suddenly banked in another direction, and The Filly Flash banked in turn to keep up with it.

“RAAAAAINBOOOOW DAAAAASH!!!!” Twilight yelled into her helmet communications system angrily as she was tossed about like a rag, “WAAAAAAATCH IIIIIIIIIT!!!!”

“Sorry, Twi,” Dash communicated to her, “the parasprites must’ve seen an animal or something… we gotta keep on ‘em!”

“Ohhhh… I think I’m gonna be sick,” Twilight hung on for dear life, swinging wildly back and forth, as the fighter caught up with the cloud and settled over it again. Twilight’s vision became less blurry, and she saw that Sweet Apple Acres was fast approaching in the distance beyond the cloud; time was running out...

“Ok, Twilight, now or never!!!” Twilight heard Rainbow Dash shout from her helmet.

“Right…” Twilight activated her horn, and a glove of spiraling purple light entwined her right hand. She aimed the device at the parasprites and charged it full of energy. “…here we go…”

Twilight emitted a strange, phasing energy from her horn, and it projected straight into the heart of the parasprite horde in pulsating waves. Twilight concentrated with all of her might but soon found that, no matter how much energy she put into it, she just couldn't slow them down in the slightest; frazzled and exhausted, she gave up, panting hard as the glow on her horn died.

“Well… in case you were feeling curious, Rainbow… it turns out I can’t do it,” she glumly informed Dash.

“Dammit, Twilight, we’re out of time! They’re gonna reach Sweet Apple Acres any second!” Dash scolded her.

“Well, I’m SORRY, I just can’t do it! It’s not like I have any other magic tricks up my PALADIN!!!” Twilight shouted back in frustration.

“Hey, you were the one who messed with the parasprites in the first place!!!” Rainbow argued back before switching to a terribly performed and mocking Twilight Sparkle imitation. “’Oh, Rainbow Dash, it’s all so simple, really, all we need to do is apply some fancy- schmancy Equestrian know- how, and all the parasprites in the Everfree will stop eating Applejack’s crops in a jiffy- ipso facto, quid pro quo!!!’… hey, hey, it worked… they’re not interested in the food anymore!!!” Rainbow Dash sighed as she unconsciously fingered her joystick trigger. “Siiiiigh… and it’s also not like you accidentally made them to be, gee, I don’t know, nearly indestructible or something… somehow,”

“Well, excuuuuse me!” Twilight was getting snippily irate. “I’m sooooooo sorry my current job description entails genetically manipulating a species that I know absolutely nothing about, using advanced technology that I only kinda know nothing about!!! You know,” she waved her inactive horn at the cockpit, “sometimes this thing just has a mind of its own!!!”

“Girls? I just wanted to say that I’m really, really sorry about all of this…” Fluttershy’s voice suddenly popped out from all of their emitters, her actual whereabouts unknown. “If I didn’t keep that single parasprite at my cottage, which somehow reproduced asexually after I gave it a bath and fed it after midnight last night… awww, but it was just sooo cute, with it’s big, glowing eyes and soft, gentle purring…”

“NOT NOW!!!” Rainbow Dash and Twilight both yelled at her at the same time.

Eeep!- sorry, guess this is a bad time,” Fluttershy apologized before cutting off her transmission.

Rainbow Dash shook her head as she tried to reach Applejack again on her emitter. “AJ, things are going to hell up here, the swarm’s about to reach you any second now… did you evacuate the town yet? AJ? Applejack, come in,”

“Goddammit, NO Rarity,” she heard Applejack still arguing with Rarity over the emitter, “there is no way in hell I’m helping you build a non- parasprite ravaged replica of Ponyville in order ta fool Ralph Lauren when he gets here! What’s the matter with you?!”

Twilight sighed as she hung on for dear life from a moving fighter jet over a swarm of carnivorous mutated insects. “I really, really, really should have listened to my mother about GMOs… siiiigh… well… it’s all over now...”

Suddenly, Twilight jerked her head towards her eggo on her arm as an emitter transmission displayed the words “EGO SYSTEM OVERRIDE” and began playing what sounded like digital polka; in addition, a very cute, totally pink cartoon pony also popped out from her EGO, happily prancing around in the air before winking assuredly at Twilight.

“HEEEEERE SHEEEE COOOOMES TOOOO SAAAAVE THE DAAAAAAAY!!!!” Twilight heard Pinkie Pie brightly sing along with a refrain in the polka over the transmission, and she smiled tiredly and gratefully.

Suddenly, some sort of crazy flying contraption dropped out of the sun, shooting right towards The Filly Flash and the parasprite swarm. In its pilot seat sat Pinkamena Diane Pie, dressed like some sort of steampunk enthusiast, or maybe just a very imaginative Snoopy, complete with goggles, vintage leather helmet and a fluttering silk scarf; she grinned in a Rainbow Dash- esque, Devil- May- Care way as she fired her thrusters and headed straight into the heart of the parasprite swarm.

“Pinkie Pie, where the hell have you been?!” Rainbow Dash angled The Filly Flash out of the way for her.

“Sorry, girls!” Pinkie spoke into her EGO, “I figured out how to stop the parasprites on my own, but it took me some time to get Plan P ready!”

“Plan P?” Fluttershy found the courage to speak into her EGO again. “But we never discussed a Plan P…”

Pinkie Pie giggled, even as she headed into a cloud of monstrous insects ready to devour her. “That’s because the P stands for ‘Pinkie’, silly filly!”

The parasprites below sensed Pinkie’s presence (and her polka) and, discovering a ready source of fresh meat flying right at them, began to all hungrily climb up to meet her. Seeing death staring her right in the face, Pinkie Pie giggled again quite happily and pressed a button on her cockpit console. The bottom of her crazy contraption opened up, and what appeared to be a speaker system made entirely out of brass horns shot out, aimed right for the parasprites. The horns suddenly projected her digital polka in a tight, coherent beam of sound energy, right into the parasprites about to eat her; the swarm stopped dead in their tracks, their big multifaceted eyes widening, and they seemed spellbound by the homemade MIDI music. Pinkie hovered around the horde as she continued to enchant them, checking to make sure that they were completely under her control; when she was satisfied that the day had been saved, she floated her crazy contraption down to the ground, her speaker system automatically angling to ensure that the parasprites stayed enchanted and obediently following her Leonardo da Vinci- esque helicopter thingy.

Pinkie Pie’s crazy contraption came to a rest right at the boundary between the Everfree Rainforest and Sweet Apple Acres, the parasprites bouncing happily in a tight line behind it. A floating, waiting robot near the ground obediently took out the speaker system, still playing, from Pinkie’s aircraft and carried it towards the big Light Net holding all of the others; Fluttershy suddenly ran forward in her PALADIN and began talking to the little creatures:

“Bad parasprites, bad…” she scolded gently, even though they bounced along and seemed to be ignoring her, “…trying to eat people is very, very wrong, you’re all old enough to know that, shame on you…”

Nearby, The Filly Flash dropped a very nauseous Twilight Sparkle on the ground, where she shuttered her pal helmet, stepped off of the cable, and tried in vain to walk straight; Rainbow Dash got out of the cockpit and shuttered her helmet as well, sweating profusely underneath her PALADIN armor; from the direction of the farm houses, Applejack ran up, outfitted in pal armor too, followed by a very manic- looking, frizzy- haired Rarity still dressed in normal clothing.

“…Look, all I’m saying is, keep an open order throughout the entire year, that’s all I’m asking… maybe, just maybe, you could keep all of the Bear Claws stuffed in a silo!” Rarity was still muttering.

Applejack just shook her head as she walked over to where the other Mane Six were resting on their haunches, quite worn out from the whole escapade which, surprisingly, seemed to have just passed by Rarity's attention in its entirety.

“Y’all alright?” AJ called out to the others, who all nodded but groaned tiredly.

“Oh yeah, hehe… I mean…” Rainbow Dash was still trying to catch her breath. “…Doesn’t shit like this happen to us, like, roughly every week or something?”

Applejack just grinned and shook her head again.

“Oh, thaaank you, Piiiinkie Piiie,” Twilight slurred a bit as she hugged her vivacious little genius friend, “Forrrrrrr- ahem- for a second there, I thought we’d really bought the farmhaha… please excuse the bad pun, I’m very, very dizzy right now,”

Pinkie laughed with genuine mirth, almost as if Twilight was a professional stand- up comedian. “Oh, Twilight! If you all had listened to me from the very start, none of this would’ve even been a problem! Of course parasprites have an innate fondness for music… it soothes the wild beasts, ya know!”

Twilight cocked her head. “But… how did you know that?”

Pinkie Pie shivered a little before shrugging happily. “Just a lucky guess!”

Twilight blinked a few times, but then decided to brush that off as just another “Pinkie moment”; after all, she had learned better over time- oh, did she ever… Twilight still remembered, with a distinct chill, all of the bee stings

“Well, anyways, thanks again… with Fluttershy and your Pinkiebots' help, I’ll be able to reverse the genetic changes I’ve made and turn these things back into ordinary, albeit still troublesome, pests… I’ll definitely have to study them further before trying anything like that ever again… OW,” Twilight frowned and grasped her head, which had finally stopped spinning, only to gift her with a brand- spankin’- new migraine. “…Um, say, Pinkie… you wouldn’t happen to have any Advil on that crazy contraption of yours, would you?”

Pinkie shook her head. “Nah, sorry… only Aspirin,”

“I loathe Aspirin…” Twilight muttered under her breath in disgust as she clutched her aching temples.

Right then and there, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle walked up to The Mane Six; Apple Bloom was looking upon the entire scene in absolute, total confusion: there were multiple strange machines about, most of the Mane Six looked like they had just been through a battle, and one of them was even scolding a group of what looked like big marching insects as they followed what looked like an enormous robotic party balloon playing some sort of MIDI polka, leading all of the little bugs into an ENORMOUS net made entirely out of light and containing a far larger number of said bugs who were also swaying in time to the happy beat.

“Does anybody else want the other half of my Twix?” Sweetie Belle asked nicely, seemingly not caring about the absurd environment that they now found themselves standing in.

“Oooh! Oooh! Me, mememe,” Scootaloo raised her hand and hopped in the air, seemingly not noticing the scene around them, either. Sweetie Belle gave her a Twix bar, and she proceeded to munch on it quite happily as parasprites continued to bounce past her.

“What in the world…” Apple Bloom breathed, her mind stopping completely for a lack of understanding what she was looking at, exactly.

Applejack looked over to where her sister was standing. “Apple Bloom?”

Apple Bloom turned around and threw out a big grin. “APPLEJACK!!!”

“SIS!” Applejack shouted right back and ran up to hug her; they both laughed happily together.

“The gates were unlocked, but you weren’t home…”

“I’m mighty sorry I couldn’t pick ya up from the airport, sis, as you can see, I got a lil’ tied up here,”

When they let go, Apple Bloom frowned as she looked over Applejack’s battle dress. “…Um, is everything ok?

“Oh, this? Pssst yeah,” Applejack waved her hand. “Jus’ getting’ rid of some crop pests… nothing’ doin’,”

Apple Bloom watched as insects the size of softballs marched to digital polka in military precision past her. “…Those don’t really look like regular ol’ crop pests ta me, Applejack…”

Applejack scoffed again. “Aw, nothin’ yer big sis can’t handle… so, what about you? How’re you, lil’ sis? How’s college going?”

Apple Bloom smiled, stealing glances at the parasprites every so often. “Good, good, mah classes at UCLA are goin’ real good… sooo… um, you said y'all needed mah help on some, uh-” she cringed as the last polka sound, a resounding cymbal crash, played out, “-architectural n farmin’ problems out here?”

Applejack tsked and hugged her sister again. “Awww, lil’ ol’ Bethany, goin’ off ta college n’ findin’ her place in the world,” Applejack sniffed. “Ma n’ pa’d just… be so proud of ya, sis,

Apple Bloom looked very uncomfortable, but only for a second; she smiled again at Applejack when they let go again. “Yup, they sure would be, hehe… soooo, about those problems…”

“Aw, don’t you worry ‘bout that fer now,” Applejack dismissed, her arm around her sister’s shoulder, “wha’s important is that yer here, Apple Bloom! Let’s get ya settled down firs’ before we really start gettin’ down to the bones of it, ok?”

“Ok, thanks,” Apple Bloom smiled.

Applejack smiled back. “Well, let’s get ya introduced properly here… why, here’s Doc Fluttershy rite now!”

“Applejack, so I’ve talked to the parasprites, and they’ve agreed to attend bi- weekly rehabilitation sessions in addition to the gene therapy… I told Twilight but she didn’t look like she was in the mood to-“ Fluttershy had walked up, talking, but stopped immediately when she saw Apple Bloom. “Oh! I’m so sorry, I didn’t know that you were busy… I’ll come back at a later time…”

“Nothin’ doin’, ‘Shy!” Applejack laughed. “Fluttershy, I wantcha ta meet mah little sister, Apple Bloom,”

“Oh, hello, Applejack’s told us so much about you,” Fluttershy shook Apple Bloom’s hand gently. “She’s also shown us all of your baby pictures, too… you were just sooo adorable in diapers!”

Apple Bloom frowned. “Thank you… kindly?”

“And this here is Rarity… I know, I know, you already know all their names, but I’m jus’ so proud ta be showin’ ya off is all,” Applejack joked as Rarity walked up to them, muttering to herself, her hair still sticking up.

“Applejack, darling…” Rarity spoke to her friend, “…now, I know this might sound a little, em, crazy, but… what if we took thousands of Bear Claws and spelled out ‘Welcome, Ralph Lauren’ on the runway when his plane landed at the airport? I mean, that would impress him, right? Surely, it would,”

“…Um, so this is Rarity… Rarity, Apple Bloom…” Applejack tried to continue her introductions.

Rarity turned to notice Apple Bloom standing there; she cleared her throat and patted down her hair, straightening out her rumpled clothing as she smiled and extended a hand. “A real pleasure, darling, Applejack’s told us so much about you. How’s school coming along, dearie?”

“Great, great,” Apple Bloom smiled. “Just great, thanks fer askin’… it’s nice to meet you, as well,”

“And this here is the one and only Rainbow Dash!” Applejack continued as Dash walked up, drinking heavily from a bottle of water, a towel around her armored neck. “Dash, this here’s mah little sister, Apple Bloom.”

“Heeeey, ‘sup?” Dash greeted. “Nice to finally meetcha! Hey AJ,” Rainbow chuckled and elbowed Applejack playfully, “some day, huh? Man, that was almost as bad as the time we both almost shot each other in the face, hahaha! I mean, am I right? Am I right? Awwww, you know I’m right,”

“Skittles-- ex- nay, ex- nay!” Applejack reminded her irately and tilted her neck at Apple Bloom.

“Yeah… well, nice ta meetcha, kid! I gotta go put The Filly Flash away, maybe clean her up a bit. Stay frosty!” Rainbow Dash bid farewell, grinning.

“Thanks… you too…”

Applejack sighed, shaking her head, and tried to smile again. “Um, so this here is… siiiiiigh… Pinkie Pie… Pinkie Pie, Apple Bloom…”

“Oh, hi!” Pinkie Pie greeted brightly as she walked up and shook Apple Bloom’s hand, her Snoopy Sopwith Camel outfit stowed safely back on her crazy contraption. “You must be Bethany, Applejack’s little sister. She’s told us so much about you!”

“Hi… yes, it’s a real pleasure, Pinkie,” Apple Bloom replied.

“Oh, I really do hope you enjoy your stay, you’re sure to meet so many wonderful new friends and have so much fun while you’re here!” Pinkie cooed. “Well, I’m off to get a bite to eat and take the rest of the day off. So nice meeting you, Apple Bloom! See you around!”

“Thank you, Pinkie, it was nice meetin’ you too,” Apple Bloom bid farewell as her sister gave Pinkie Pie a funny look for some reason.

Why, she seems like the most normal one yet, if you ask me, Apple Bloom thought to her self.

“Um, well… ahem, that was Pinkie Pie… I think… and last but not least, a woman who needs no kinds of introductions, Dr. Twilight Sparkle!” Applejack gestured to Twilight who was still sitting on the ground and clutching at her temples, groaning. “…Um, Twilight? You ok, sugarcube?”

“Huh? What?” Twilight looked up at Applejack and squinted. “Why is it so bright?”

“Twilight, this here’s Apple Bloom… ya know, mah sister?” Applejack reminded her of the context of the conversation.

Twilight blinked a couple of times in the sun. “Ohhhhh, right, right…” she slowly tried to get to her feet, but when she fully stood up she ended up wobbling and falling, prompting Apple Bloom to catch her.

“Woah!” Apple Bloom exclaimed as she held Twilight up, “You alright there?”

“Yes, yes I am, ummm… Apple Bloom is it?”

“Yes, it’s a real honor n’ a pleasure ta meetcha, Dr. Sparkle, mah sister’s told me all about you,”

Twilight smiled but immediately looked very serious for a moment. Still squinting, she grabbed Apple Bloom by the shoulders and looked her dead in the eye, her face coming within inches of the younger girl’s. “Apple Bloom,” she whispered, quite softly and hoarsely.

“Um… yes?” Apple Bloom would be lying if she said that she didn’t feel a bit apprehensive at the moment.

“Do you have any Advil on you? Like, right now, at this very second?”

“Um…” Apple Bloom’s brain froze again, shortly after it had worked so hard to restart itself. “…What?”

**************************************************************************************************

Discord hummed another random song as he slowly waltzed around with himself in circles all over his old throne room. Oh, it felt so nice to be back; Discord remembered how his black and red high- backed throne, which he had crafted for himself out of nothing, had been placed on that stepped platform, all those millennia ago; alas, Discord was reluctant to bring the old girl back, at least for now… somehow, with all he had planned, it just didn’t feel right... at least not yet

“My lord,” Iron Will walked into the room and addressed him, “your chariot awaits.”

Discord stopped humming and dancing with himself. “Any word from the UN yet, General?”

“Just the same old line: release the hostages, evacuate the outpost, and surrender ourselves to their armed forces,”

Discord chuckled to himself. So... they really didn’t know what he had in store for them...

“Shall we go, Your Majesty?” Iron Will asked.

“Yes, Willy, let’s,” Discord hopped down from the throne platform and started to follow Iron Will out of the throne room. “Let’s all take a trip down to sunny olde Equestria together, shall we?”