• Published 10th Oct 2013
  • 7,022 Views, 291 Comments

Shakespony: Twelfth Night - DisneyFanatic23



Applejack disguises herself as a stallion to serve the Duke Spike, who sends her to woo the Lady Rarity who ends up falling for Applejack, who is really a mare in love with the Duke.

  • ...
14
 291
 7,022

Epilogue

The reunion of the Apple siblings and their dear captain was a happy one. Iron Will was surprised to see Big Macintosh, but he was so overjoyed, he did not ask questions, at least not until they had finished their embraces.

The Duke released Trixie as well, since she had saved both his fiancée and his future brother-in-law. However, she was warned that if she committed any more offenses, she would be imprisoned permanently.

Iron Will still had Applejack's old garments, but they were so tattered that she did not bother wearing them. Instead, she borrowed one of Twilight's gowns and Spike was fully convinced that there was no sight lovelier than that of his beloved.

A grand wedding took place the next day, where the four happy couples were married by Princess Celestia herself. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were the flower girls, while Button Mash carried the rings.

As each of the couples were pronounced husbands and wives, every pony rejoiced. Well, except for one.

Trixie sat slumped in her seat, her forelegs crossed as she sadly watched Big Macintosh kiss his new bride. Iron Will, who was sitting next to her, noticed her expression. After having everything explained to him, he had made the connection between Trixie and Big Macintosh.

"You okay?" he asked her.

"Yeah," she grumbled. "I'll be fine."

"Well," he sighed, "don't worry about it. There are other fish in the sea."

"You have someone special in your life?"

"No, not yet."

"What are you going to do after this?"

"The Duke granted Iron Will a ship. After Iron Will sails Big Mac and his wife back to Haystings, he's going to retire, see the world, go wherever the wind takes him."

Trixie looked the minotaur over, briefly admiring the muscles in his chest.

"Mind if Trixie comes with you?"

Being married to Big Macintosh made Rarity the new Duchess of Haystings, which meant she had to sail back with him. This made Sweetie Belle the new heir to the manor, but as she was so young, Rarity left Discord and Fluttershy as caretakers. She was quite upset with what her uncle had done to Cranky, but seeing that being married to Fluttershy had created a change in him, she forgave him. They appointed Soarin and Rainbow Dash as captains of their guard, despite the latter being female. With them, they brought Scootaloo and Button Mash, much to Sweetie Belle's delight.

Rarity felt it was best to let Cranky go, as the trick pulled on him had affected him greatly. Pinkie Pie, feeling bad for what she had taken part in, introduced Cranky to a female donkey named Matilda. Let's just say that Cranky is not so cranky anymore.

The ponies of Haystings rejoiced at their duke's miraculous return, and rejoiced even more when they saw he had come home with a bride. Big Mac's Aunt and Uncle Orange, who had been running things in his absence, were shocked and relieved to see him, as they had thought he and his sisters had drowned.

Applejack stayed in Illyrimane with her new husband. Applebloom continued to live them, so she could still visit Sweetie Belle and their new playmates. Twilight and Flash set out to travel the world while Spike and Applejack ruled Illyrimane.

There had never been a finer Duke and Duchess. They ruled with justice and generosity, helping those less fortunate and giving every pony, even criminals, a chance. Applejack insisted that they give mares high positions in their court, a request which Spike was happy to oblige. His new wife had changed his view entirely on females, that they were as equal as males.

Spike planted some apple trees in the garden just for his wife. The manor is gone now, but the trees still stand today as a reminder of the great romance that took place there.

As for the fool, Pinkie Pie, she decided it was time to hit the road again. After the wedding reception, she packed her instruments and skipped down the trail. She came to rest on a cliff overlooking the sea. She breathed in the salty air and looked out on the horizon.

"If we shadows have offended,

Think but this and all is mended..."

Wrong play, Pinkie.

"Oh. Well then... It is not the fashion to see the mare the epilogue..."

Wrong play!

"A glooming peace this morning with it brings..."

Pinkie! Didn't you get the script?

Pinkie took out a thick booklet and flipped to the last page.

"Oh, okay! Now I remember!"

She cleared her throat and began to sing:

"When that I was but a little tiny foal,

With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,

A foolish thing was but a troll,

For the rain is raining every day.

"But when I came to mare's estate,

With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,

'Gainst knaves and thieves mares shut their gate,

For the rain is raining every day.

"But if I came, alas, to wed,

With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,

My husband would have sooner fled,

For the rain is raining every day.

"But when I came unto my beds,

With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,

With cupcakes still had drunken heads,

For the rain is raining every day.

"A great while ago the world begun,

With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,

But that's all one, our story's done,

And we'll strive to please you every day."

Then the jester took off her hat and held it out in front of her.

"So give us your money, Bronies! Storytelling ain't free!"

Author's Note:

Now you know. TrixiexIron Will is my crack pairing. Because they keep referring to themselves in the third person and are show people, err, creatures, I thought it would be funny if they got together! Also, what I didn't like in the play was that Antonio did not get a happy ending. He didn't get his love interest, if he was set free, it was never mentioned. And I thought, why not?

In case you're wondering, the lines Pinkie said at the end were from the ending monologues/epilogues of, in order, A Midsummer Night's Dream, As You Like It, Romeo and Juliet and, of course, Twelfth Night.

I am more relieved than sad that this is done. While it was fun to combine my favorite play with my favorite show, I didn't think I would ever get this done! I don't think I'll be doing more Shakespony any time soon, but check out our Shakespony group and maybe write your own Shakespony story (you can use the name, I won't mind)!

Until next time, every pony!

Comments ( 70 )

Brava brava! Magnificent!!

One hell of a ride, and I'm glad I was here for it. On to the next story!

This is a awesome story I give it a good 9/10 :pinkiehappy:

*throws a few bits in Pinkies hat*
Here you go jester. Its fairly earned.

As for you, dear autor, Bravo. Simply Bravo!

You did really well this ending was awesome and you outdid yourself again DF I can't wait for your next project

My money:
Take all of it
This was very well done, and I shall look into more Shakespony

Standing ovation! :pinkiehappy: *throws whatever is equivalent to five dollars in bits into Pinkie's hat*

This was a great story, and I was able to figure out all the similarities to the play and the film version. Bravo, my good sir/madam!

And so another tale ends.:pinkiesad2:
I was terrified that you would have tried to push Cheese Sandwich in at the end when pinkie hit the road.
Lost your train of thought didn't you.
Maybe, but seriously good job.

BEST STORY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4095996 Nah, I didn't think he was necessary.

Comment posted by DisneyFanatic23 deleted Mar 17th, 2014

Pinkie Pie could (perchance) play a perfect Puck.

I nominate Seebreeze for Oberon!

YAY! Trixie got a happy ending! :trixieshiftright: Disneyfanatic26, I have got to say, you are one amazing story writer! Your stories are funny :rainbowlaugh: yet, filled with action and love. :heart: :pinkiecrazy::derpyderp2:

this is really good, i'm glad that Trixie got a happy ending, but i still feel that she was cheated out of having a happy ending with Big Mac

You have no idea how much I really, really, really liked this fic :rainbowkiss:
I always got super excited when I found the update in my favorites :twilightblush:
And I really loved the ending! :twilightsmile:

I love this it's so so so romantic:rainbowkiss:!!!!!!!!!!!!

This story, this story, THIS STORY IS SO ROMANTIC ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!:rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy::twilightsmile::raritystarry:

4097507 23, not 26. Anyway, I agree! I love the way she took on this play and made it better by making it pony. Everything is made better with pony. EVERYTHING:pinkiecrazy:

Love the ending even when there's a heartwarming event happening...
Pinkie still wants her money:rainbowlaugh:
Your AWSOME disneyfanatic hehe

(Gives pinkie a thousand bits)
For your cupcakes...:pinkiecrazy::pinkiesad2::duck:

This story was so chaotic!:derpyderp1: I love it!!!:pinkiecrazy:

Wow this is just one of your best works yet! I swear I was addicted to this story and still am! I spent about 4 hours finishing this story! And i'm glad cause this was just worth it! I love this so much that i'm going to read it over again xD sorry its just amazing like that! And you really should write one more shakespony you're very talented! Great job and great story keep up the good work! I've enjoyed this story the most out of most of your stpry's :pinkiehappy::ajsmug:::trixieshiftright::rainbowlaugh::yay::unsuresweetie::twilightblush::scootangel::eeyup::duck:

WOW! I've only just heard of this story...and I'm LOVING IT!! *composes himself*

Can't say I've read the play or any of Shakespear's works except for a little bit of Macbeth in school, but I have seen She's All That so I had a fiar idea where the story was going. It still surprised me at points and was one hell of a read though so kudos for that. Can't wait to read the rest of your stories.

As for you Pinkie, I would give you money but uh...

:pinkiesmile: But what

But I don't even like you girl

:pinkiesad2:

4881438 Don't you mean "She's the Man?"

4881738 Yes, that's the one. Don't know why I said She's all That, that's a terrible movie while She's the man is actually pretty good.

Wow thank you so much for this story :) yeah they are traditionalists, but hey it's progress xD

One hell of a story, done very well. The characters were written well. Entirely worth reading.

Well, I enjoyed the hell out of this story. I suppose the only thing I could criticise would be that Trixie's backstory seemed tacked on and not adequately explored, but I guess that is bound to happen when you have so many storylines.
Either way, this was a thoroughly enjoyable read.
Congratulations.

5278645
When you finish the whole story, you'll see what I was talking about.

I am trying to read the original but I keep losing my page, seriously, the story is only a 1/5 of the book!:twilightangry2:

I did this on your fanfiction page but I will do it here, though I can't remember how many:
Pinkie I give you three bits no more:raritywink:

I have no words....... but :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give all my moneys
Pinkie: *explotion of happiness*

Excellent

Being married to Big Macintosh made Rarity the new Duchess of Illyrimane

Isn't that Haystings?

Anywho, fabulous ending, darling.:duck:
100 Pikachus out of 100.

Oh crap I'm gonna be broke!:pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy:
Oh well this story was totally worth it...

One last question, where is Illyria?

5879467 It's a made-up place, but it's supposed to be near Italy.

5880822
Oh cool! (Eruopean Ponies YAY!)

"If we shadows have offended,

Think but this and all is mended..."

Wrong play, Pinkie.

"Oh. Well then... It is not the fashion to see the mare the epilogue..."

Wrong play!

"A glooming peace this morning with it brings..."

Pinkie! Didn't you get the script?

Pinkie took out a thick booklet and flipped to the last page.

"Oh, okay! Now I remember!"

Hilarious

Is it bad that I wish there was more Fluttercord in this? Meh. Great story!

5903854 no I mean he said mare or stallion and, besides, AJ is probably 20, 5 years is like...........nothing

6092181 It means "what a problem! I'm about to woo this lady for a man I want to marry myself!" It's when Viola reveals to the audience her feelings for Orsino.

The fourth wall has been shattered!!! Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! :pinkiecrazy::trollestia::facehoof:

6420094 It was certainly more questionable :yay::trollestia::rainbowlaugh::trixieshiftright:

Login or register to comment