• Published 11th Oct 2011
  • 12,356 Views, 324 Comments

Celestial Bodies - Davesknd



There are things that will be written into the books of history. These stories will not!

  • ...
17
 324
 12,356

Joker or Jack

It was a late afternoon like many others in Canterlot. The sky was slowly darkening as Celestia’s sphere was lowered and the good ponies of the city were on their ways home.
But in Canterlot Castle, there was a small group just about to assemble.

For it was the third Friday of the month and therefore the evening of a very peculiar poker game. It was held by no other than the only resident dragon of Canterlot, Spike, who always had this day off from his duties and only his Canterlot friends were invited to hold the cards, laugh at silly jokes and generally enjoy a good card game.

So far, only Hoity Toity and Photo Finish had joined in and were deciding today’s currency. Spike usually opted to play for sweets (gemstones) but recently they had changed over to something more affordable (an durable, a dragon’s hunger was hard to sate). So they decided to play for small amounts of money. The kind of money that the high society that was present would certainly not miss. Spike was, after all, Celesita’s adopted son and while he hardly ever saw the need for it, he had access to a generous allowance.

“Say!” began Hoity, as Spike shuffled the cards. “How is the great pursuit going?”

“Slowly but steadly...” answered the dragon and retained his eyes on the cards “Lately I get a little more recognition, but I think we need another wave. The thing with the Photo shoot went terrible.”

“Zat is not my fault!” defended Photo Finish herself “You jast sait that zee beautiful one was to me made shine over Equestria! How shud I know you ment ze unicorn?”

“Come on, Photo, it was obvious!” contered Spike.

“A difference in taste... nothing more!” defended Hoity “But indeed an entertaining miscommunication.”

“I didn’t like seeing Rarity wear black!” muttered Spike.

“Oh, you will zee, she will come around!” soothed Photo.

“WHAT IS THIS?” came a loud voice from the door.

The three players turned. A blonde Unicorn with a compass for a cutie mark and a alabaster coat had entered. “Sine Nobilitate on castle ground? How dare you walk around unchecked and what is this... this beast doing here shuffling royal cards! Slay or arrest the vile abomination!” demanded Prince Blueblood fierce and full of anger.
All ponies and one dragon looked at each other for a short while.

Suddenly laughter broke out!

“BIG B! Come an take a bow!” laughed Spike happily “Flowers to the greatest actor on Equestrian soil!”

“Wunderbar!” laughed Photo Finish and Hoity let out a snicker.

“Hey, Spike, hows my main dragon doing?” Blueblood asked and walked over to the dragon to give him a squeeze.

“Great, Bloody one!” Spike answered and poked him with the elbow “I had no idea you of all ponies could be so beastly! I mean... what I heard from the Gala was... wow!”

“Hey, everything for my friends! Even if I have to swallow everything Auntie taught me and channel Bitch Princess Platinum.” He sat down next to the dragon “But man, never again! Hear me! Doing that stuff to such a prime mare was horrible. I died over and over again!”

“Man, I really appreciate it!” the dragon stressed “You did quite a bit.”

“But trust me, if that did not burst her bubble, it’s made of Kevlar!” the stallion stressed. "Hay,I was about to yell MARE-SHIELD , when the cake was incoming."

“I sure hope so! You guys have been giving me so much support, it’s getting silly.”

“But I do get what you see in her!” Blueblood admitted “You are lucky that I leave the best to my friends! Heck, when she came into the garden, I was close to just giving in.”

“But ya didn’t!” Spike laughed “And that’s why you are Blueblood, loved by everyone and respected all over Equestria!”

“Indeed he is!” the other two chimed in.

Author's Note:

THIS IS NOT MY HEAD CANON!
THIS IS JUST A JOKE!
It is interesting though... how far do Spikes connections go?