• Published 23rd Dec 2013
  • 5,332 Views, 89 Comments

Tears in the Snow - Chaos Phantasm



A memory from Lunas past has made itself known to Nyx. Can Nyx discover who the filly in her memory is, or will the answers be buried beneath the snow.

  • ...
7
 89
 5,332

09: Snowdrop and Nyx.

Tears in the Snow

=====================================================================

Chapter 9

Snowdrop and Nyx

=====================

The day after Hearths Warming, Twilight, Nyx, Spike, Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, Night Light and Twilight Velvet, all made their way to the train station. Cadence was carrying a sleeping Skyla on her back and was supporting her between her wings. There was a train in the station, one that went to Canterlot. Twilight Velvet looked at the train, then to Twilight Sparkle and sighed.

"This was a good Hearths Warming, the first normal one in two years."

"I know, no paparazzi this time." Twilight Sparkle smiled.

"Don't jinx it!" Nyx called out.

Twilight giggled and smiled. She looked at Nyx then back at Twilight Velvet and sighed. "You get home safe alright mom?"

Twilight Velvet nodded. "I will sweetie. Mommy's are tough ya know!"

"Mommy is also adorable when she acts tough." Said Night Light carrying the luggage with Spikes help.

Twilight snickered while Twilight Velvet became flustered.

"Night Light... don't... you'll embarrass me..."

"She's also sweet, and beautiful and-"

"Say another word honey and no dinner for you." Twilight Velvet said with a smirk.

Night Light stopped and stared at Twilight Velvet with a sad but funny look. Twilight Sparkle laughed loudly at this. Everypony looked at the unicorn confused, Twilight noticed the looks she was getting and cleared her throat. She hugged Twilight Velvet and Night Light and smiled.

"I love you both."

"We love you too Twilight." Replied Night Light.

Twilight Velvet looked over at everpony else and smiled. "We're going now everypony." Twilight Velvet said with a smile.

Nyx ran over to Twilight Velvet with Skyla who wobbled over to her.

"Grandma!!" They both said in unison.

Twilight Velvet got down to their height, hugged the both of them and smiled widely. "Now you two be good to your parents, and we'll visit some time."

"Okay Grandma." Said Nyx.

"Oke." Said Skyla in a babyish way.

Twilight Velvet smiled again and kissed them both on the forehead. She got back up and walked over to Shining Armor and hugged him.

"It was good to see you baby boy."

Shining Armor's cheeks went red. "I'm not a colt anymore Mom..."

"Somepony's embarrassed." Cadence nuzzled her husband.

"Look after him Cadence. I'm counting on you."

"I will Velvet. It is a mare's duty after all."

"Ha.ha. ha." Shining Armor sarcastically laughed.

After all the goodbyes, Twilight Velvet and Night Light boarded the train and took their seats. Shining Armor, Cadence, Twilight, Spike, Nyx and Skyla after some encouragement, waved to Twilight Velvet and Night Light who waved back as the train blew its whistle and pulled out of the station and sped off towards Canterlot. Now the pony's waited, during the time Nyx, Spike, Cadence and Skyla played together. After half an hour the crystal train finally arrived to take Shining Armor, Princess Cadence and Skyla home. They all said their goodbyes and hopped aboard, a Crystal guard grabbing the family's luggage with another and packing it on bored. The train cars doors closed and Cadence, Shining Armor and Skyla, came to the window to wave goodbye to Twilight, Nyx and Spike. They waved back at the royal ponies as the train started moving and returning to the Crystal Empire. While Twilight and Spike turned away to leave, Nyx stayed and watched the train as it left. Skyla was facing the window and waved to Nyx tiredly. The alicorn waved back to Skyla who went to sleep soon after. The train was now out of sight. Nyx's ears flattened on the top of her head and she sighed, looking down. Twilight turned around to see Nyx standing there and called out.

"Nyx! Come on Sweetie it's time for breakfast."

Nyx turned her head in the direction of Twilight. "Coming Mommy!" She turned around and started following Twilight back home.

A twinkling of stars alerted Nyx to Snowdrop as the filly materialized beside Nyx and followed the vibrations caused by the dark filly's hooves to keep up and not lose her way. The filly's were quiet for a while until Nyx let out a bored sigh.

"Y-Your other relatives returned home?"

Nyx nodded. "Yeah..." She sighed again. "I've always liked uncle Shining Armors visits and seeing Skyla and grandma. It's always sad when they leave but I have fun and that's what counts right?"

Snowdrop was silent. Nyx looked at Snowdrop and watched the ghost filly as they walked, only ceasing to look at her when they arrived at the Library. Snowdrop vanished again and became snow. Nyx looked at the pile for a moment then went inside, passing Twilight who held the door and stood in the foyer beside the coat rack. Nyx took off her snow cloths and shoes, she levitated her coat onto a hook and left her shoes by the door neatly. Her earmuffs were placed with her coat as well as her beanie. The dark filly shook and hurried over to the fire to get warm.

"Brrr" She shivered.

Twilight closed the library door and started removing her snow cloths and putting them in the same places as Nyx. She walked over to the fire and got warm with the filly. The unicorn shook her body of the cold and stretched. Spike was also sitting by the fire as was Owlowiscious and Peewee. Twilight looked at them and got up again.

"Come on Spike, lets get breakfast ready."

"Alright Twilight."

Twilight looked at Nyx. "Want some Luna pops Nyx?"

Nyx nodded with a smile. Twilight smiled back at Nyx and walked up stairs to prepare the filly's cereal. Nyx looked up at the clock, the time was 7:56 AM. The filly looked around the room and got up. She walked toward the stair case and went down stairs into the library, and looked at the assortment of neatly and alphabetically sorted books. When she was finished with the fiction and non-fiction books she moved on to the magic books. She hesitated to go in at first, remembering Twilight told her not to go in there, but her thoughts then turned to Snowdrop.

"Maybe I can find a spell that can help her." Nyx smiled and stepped into the spell book room. The filly looked around the room and soon realized that this was Twilight's office and that the books here were deemed unsafe for public renting.

"I don't think I should be in here..." Nyx thought to herself.

She was about to turn away when she saw a book on the table by the wall. It was Twilight's desk, it was neat and tidy save for the lone book resting on top of it. Nyx thought about it, she looked at the door then back at the book and approached it. She jumped up onto the chair and opened the book to the contents page and looked at all of the different spells. One spell caught her eye, it was called 'Egni siâr, which was Unicorn for Share Energy. Nyx looked at this spell and realized that she could let her friends see Snowdrop by casting this spell. But Nyx thought about it and wasn't sure whether or not that was wise. She sighed, put the book down and closed it.

"This is harder then I thought... Should I show Snowdrop to my friends of whom I told... or should I be the only one to see her... It's so hard!"

Nyx stomped her hooves which made a scroll roll off the top of a nearby shell. It hit the ground and un-rolled across the floor. Nyx heard it hit the floor and turned around and saw it. She tilted her head and jumped off the chair, landing on all four hooves. She walked over to the scroll and read the name of it.

"This is..!"

"Nyx honey, breakfast is ready!" Twilight called out from up stairs.

Nyx's eyes flashed a bright cyan for a moment before she rolled up the scroll, picked it up with her magic and ran over to her snow coat and put it in the right pocket, then she started heading for the stairs. "I'm coming mommy."

Nyx headed for the stairs and walked up them, entering the living room. She passed Owlowiscious and Peewee and walked up another set into the kitchen and jumped up onto the chair and sat down. She folded up her wings and picked up her spoon and started eating.

"Thank you Mommy." She smiled.

Twilight smiled. "You're welcome Nyx. Now eat up otherwise you can't see your friends."

Nyx ate up all of her Luna pops and drank the left over milk. She hopped out of her seat with the empty bowl and put it in the sink and washed it. Twilight looked at Nyx.

"Nyx, I could wash that for you if you'd like."

Nyx shook her head. "No I can do it Twilight." She smiled.

Twilight smiled back at her and left her to it. Nyx turned on the tap and set it to hot. She rinsed the bowl under the water and dried it after. Nyx put the bowl away and went up stairs to continue her morning routine. Snowdrop manifested in Nyx's room. She listened out for any sounds only to hear none. Everypony was down stairs. Snowdrop sat down and sighed.

"Where is everypony...."

Nyx in the bathroom could feel Snowdrop was around, she finished brushing her teeth, put her tooth brush back, washed her face then pointed her horn around to sense where the snow filly was. Nyx exited the room and went over to her bedroom. She opened the door and walked in to see Snowdrop sitting around patiently. The black filly walked over to Snowdrop and sat down in front of her. Snowdrop turned her head to face the front and was now unknowingly looking at Nyx blindly.

"Hello..?"

"Hello again Snowdrop." Nyx said with a happy smile.

Snowdrop smiled. "There you are Nyx. How was breakfast?"

"The same as usual, yummy!"

Snowdrop giggled. "What did you have?"

"Luna pops..."

Snowdrop laughed childishly. "Luna has a cereal now?"

"Yeah it's silly filly." Nyx said with a smile.

Both filly's laughed about it together for a while before Twilight came in.

"What are you laughing at Nyx?"

"Oh.. just a joke I remembered." She smiled sheepishly.

"One of Apple Blooms?"

"Aunt Pinkie Pies." Said Nyx.

Snowdrop listened and tilted her head.

"I like Pinkie Pies jokes. May I hear it?"Asked Twilight.

Nyx nodded. "Sure um... There was a.. Neutron and it... walked into sugar cube corner and asked how much for a uh... muffin! yeah and you know what Mrs. Cake said?"

Twilight stared at Nyx waiting the answer.

"She said "For you no charge!"" Nyx smiled widely, she looked left and right with her eyes then back at Twilight. "heheh..."

Twilight looked confused as did Snowdrop. The ghostly filly blinked and faced the floor to think about it. Twilight just shook her head.

"I don't get it." Said Twilight.

"Me neither..." Said Nyx.

Twilight chuckled. "Well, would you like me to brush your mane for you?"

Nyx opened her draw, took out her glasses and put them on, changing her eyes. She looked at Twilight and nodded. "Yes please."

Twilight smiled and picked up the brush off of the bedside table. Nyx sat in front of the mirror and Twilight got stuck into brushing Nyx's mane the way she's always loved it. The unicorn hummed a soft tune during the brushing until she finished.

"All done now."

Nyx looked at it in the mirror then put her head band on. "Thank you mommy." She smiled and hugged Twilight.

Twilight nuzzled Nyx gently and kissed her on her forehead. "You're welcome sweetie."

Nyx smiled. "I'm going to the club house."

"Okay Nyx, you have a good day."

"I will." Nyx walked out the door and went down stairs. Snowdrop vanished once Nyx left the room in a flash of light that seemed to alert Twilight. Having seen the white light, Twilight looked around and tried to detect magic only to sense nothing. She thought for a moment then left the room, closing the door. Down stairs, Nyx got on her coat, shoes and her ear muffs, leaving the beanie this time. She checked her pocket for the scroll and was relieved to know it was still in there.

She opened the door and went outside, closing said door behind her. She looked around outside and at the snow falling down, then went off in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres. On the way she made sure not to go down that steep hill like last time and instead took a flat ground route. She trudged through the snow and into the barn yard. Applejack was pulling a snow plow with Big Macintosh to clear the front of the house by the barn. She looked exhausted.

"Um.. Aunt Applejack?"

"Howdy N-Nyx!" She huffed tiredly. "What brings ya this way?"

"I was just heading to the club house."

"Oh really? Apple Bloom's already there with the girls, Wah don't you go on ahead Ah'm sure they're waitin on ya."

Applejack and Big Mac struggled to move the plow. Nyx frowned and looked at them then the plow.

"Would... you like some help?" She tilted her head.

"Oh no thank ya Nyx!" She pulled as hard as she could. "Wouldn't want ya to do yer back in."

"Well... okay then. See you later Aunt Applejack..." Nyx walked away.

The filly stopped for a moment to look back at Applejack and Big Macintosh to see Big Mac slip in the snow and Applejack ask if he was okay and help him up. Nyx sighed and shook her head and continued on her way to the clubhouse where Scootaloo, Sweetie belle and Apple Bloom were waiting.

"Where is she?" Asked Scootaloo.

"Nyx said she'd be here..." Said Sweetie Belle.

"Don't worry girls, Nyx'll be here." Replied Apple Bloom.

"I'm here!" Nyx said, walking up the ramp and entering the warm club house.

"There you are, what kept you?" Asked Scootaloo.

"I'm sorry, I had a busy morning and I would have been here sooner after breakfast if I hadn't been snooping around Mommy's office..."

"Why were you in there for?" Asked Apple Bloom.

Nyx looked to her right. "I was looking for something to help Snowdrop but instead I found this..." Nyx pulled the scroll out of her pocket.

"A scroll?" Sweetie Belle looked at it then at Nyx.

"What's a Scroll going to do for Snowdrop?"

"It's not just any scroll." She unrolled it.

Everypony gasped.

"Nyx... is that... one of Star Swirl the Bearded's scrolls?" Asked Sweetie Belle.

"It's his Ghost life spell. It can temporarily restore a spirit to its earthly form prior to passing away."

"We could use that to help Snowdrop find her way to peace couldn't we?" Asked Sweetie Belle.

"Now hold ya horses girls, shouldn't we ask Snowdrop first..? It's her after-life after all and it should be her decision." Said Apple Bloom.

Nyx nodded and smiled. "Luckily I know a spell that can help you see her as I do."

"You do?" Apple Bloom tilted her head.

"Being a spirit Snowdrop can manifest to any pony sharing Luna's magic. Luna and I are the only ones that have such magic and Snowdrop only spoke to Spike because his head was clear enough and his magic as a dragon was enough to allow her to speak. But with the spell I know I can temporarily share my own magic with you three, so you may see and hear her."

"Well what are you waiting for Nyx? Use it!" Scootaloo was excited.

"Ah wouldn't mind meetin her." Apple Bloom smiled.

"I'd like to meet her to." Sweetie Belle said happily.

Nyx looked at the three of them and nodded. The filly closed her eyes, her horn glowed a midnight blue. The area around Nyx's cutie mark darkened and the crescent moon shape in the shield got slightly bigger. Nyx focused all of her energy into her horn. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Blooms foreheads started to glow. After a moment of focusing, the energy traveled up the horn and into the tip where an orb of light grew and glowed. Finally Nyx was ready to unleash the spell. She opened her eyes and cast it.

"Egni siâr!!" The light from her horn split into three streams of energy and were launched from Nyx's horn and into the glowing spots on the cutie mark crusaders foreheads. The magic stung a little and each filly seemed to yelp and squeal loudly in reaction it.

Nyx leaned against the wall weakened by drain of energy required to cast the spell and share with her friends. "That's not a good feeling..." She held her head with her left hoof.

The filly's shook their heads, each one feeling a different sensation then the other.

"Mah body's tingling..." Apple Bloom shook.

Scootaloo felt dizzy and fell down. "My head is spinning...."

Sweetie Belle had a simple head ache and groaned. Nyx stood back up, quickly regaining some strength and energy, while the other three soon started feeling better, but they also felt powerful. Sweetie Belle felt more power then the others could, being more in tune with magic.

"This. Is. Amazing Nyx. I've never felt this much magic wow!" Exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

"It feels natural to me so I don't know what you mean..." Nyx said weakly.

"Ah can't feel anything except mah legs feel- lighter..." Said Apple Bloom.

"Me neither, but my wings feels stronger then ever."

Nyx smiled at them, but felt so weak. She tried walking only to wobble and stumble.

"Are you going to be okay Nyx?" Asked Sweetie Belle.

Nyx nodded. "It just feels so weird. I've never felt this drained before..."

"Maybe you should take some energy back..." Suggested Scootaloo.

"No... I'll be okay." Nyx smiled. "Now to do what this was all about. Get ready girls."

The Cutie Mark Crusaders nodded and stood patiently in wait. Nyx smiled at them and turned around slowly so as not to fall over, she looked out the window and took a breath.

"Snowdrop!!!" Nyx called out and waited.

Snowdrop's ears twitched at the sound of Nyx's voice. They turned in the direction of the sound and she followed.

"Nyx..." Snowdrop was in the form of snow and traveled along the wind to find Nyx.

Snowdrop eventually came to Sweet Apple Acres. The ghostly filly stopped moving with the clouds and appeared on top of one. There she listened for Nyx who looked around outside and called again.

"Snowdrop!!!" Nyx backed away from the window as the dark clouds opened up to reveal sunlight. The light was white and shone into the clubhouse on one spot and in that spot, Snowdrop began to materialize.

The filly's watched in awe as the blind glacial blue filly started to appear, and when she did, the light of the sun vanished with the clouds covering it. Snowdrop stood motionless in one spot, hearing nothing and seeing only darkness. To the filly's Snowdrops materialization was a brief flash of light. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom stared at Snowdrop in surprise.

"Nyx? are you there?"

"I'm here Snowdrop. I have someponies I'd like to introduce you to."

"Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom?" Snowdrop asked.

"How does she know our names?" Asked Scootaloo.

"I told her about you three." Nyx replied with a happy smile.

"Hello Everypony... M-my name's Snowdrop."

Sweetie Belle stepped in front of the blind filly that stood before her and looked at her eyes.

"I-It's not nice to stare... Sweetie Belle?"

'You can see me?"

"You made a sound. I can see everypony in here with just a sound."

"Echolocation right?" Asked Apple Bloom.

Snowdrop and Nyx nodded. Scootaloo walked over to Snowdrop next and touched the filly with her left hoof only for it to pass through her. The Pegasus filly shivered and pulled her hoof away slowly.

"She's cold." She shivered.

"This isn't how I imagined meeting your friends Nyx." Snowdrop giggled.

"We're sorry Snowdrop." The three filly's said together.

"It's okay. Not everything can be the way we want it right?" Snowdrop smiled.

Nyx smiled warmly and watched them, sitting down slowly. Snowdrop turned her head in Nyx's direction and tilted her head.

"Snowdrop. I have a scroll... And the girls and I wanted to know if it was okay to use it."

Snowdrop frowned. "A-a scroll? W-what for...?" She looked worried.

"It's a scroll that can temporarily make you... live again. I thought we could use this to help you."

Snowdrop thought about it. "We could try... But I don't know..."

"We support you no matter what Snowdrop." Said Sweetie Belle.

"Whatever decision you make, we'll be right beside you." Added Scootaloo.

"We supported Nyx through thick an thin, dark dungeons and bully's at school. We won't think less of ya Snowdrop, It's your after life, your decision." Finished Apple Bloom.

Snowdrop shed tears which dripped from her cheeks onto the floor. She faced down and took a deep breath. "Nyx.. I'd like to use the scroll... Please"

Nyx looked at Snowdrop surprised and stood up. "Are you sure?"

Snowdrop nodded. "Yes."

"Stand back girls."

The filly's all stood back. Nyx unrolled the scroll and looked at the incantation. Her horn glowed, She took a deep breath and breathed out.

"Leiff ysbryd dodi renascentia!!" Nyx's voice echoed, and a light flashed from her horn.

The filly's watched in aw as Snowdrop was enveloped in this light. Nyx's horn ceased to glow and she watched with the filly's the spell taking effect. The light grew so bright they covered their eyes until the light died down. Once the light had vanished, Snowdrop could still be seen standing still in the middles of the room. The filly's looked at each other then at her and wondered if the spell had worked. Scootaloo walked over to Snowdrop slowly and placed a hoof on her shoulder. Snowdrop twitched at that and Scootaloo pulled back in surprise.

"It worked!" Cried out Scootaloo.

Snowdrop's eyes widened, she lifted her head and walked forward toward the filly's who moved aside so she could pass. Snowdrop walked into the wall the filly's were standing in front of and instead of passing through it she hit it and fell back onto her flank.

"Eck!" She shook her head and blinked. "I'm... not a spirit anymore..." Snowdrop started to smile her widest, the widest anypony had ever seen.

Everypony smiled at her and watched Snowdrop as she felt a cool breeze from outside, and the warmth of the room. "I-I feel warm and.. cold. I can touch things again and I can feel things again."

Snowdrop moved around the clubhouse lost until Nyx guided her by placing her right wing on the blind filly's back. Snowdrop was brought back to the times when Luna would guide her when she was lost. Holding onto her wing with hers until they found their way. Nyx lead Snowdrop outside, Nyx walked onto the snow covered ground with Snowdrop following suit. Snowdrop shivered at the cold of the snow and breeze, and was happy to feel the snow beneath her hooves, soft and wet. She shivered again and started clicking to get a look at her surroundings. When Snowdrop was sure there was nothing around for her to run into she started to run around and jump happily in the snow, laughing and giggling as she did. The c.m.c and Nyx watched the now living Snowdrop play around in the snow as if it were her first time, she jumped and rolled and tossed around in the white flaked piles and listened to their sounds.

"Oh... This is more then I could ever imagine."

"Don't hog all of it!" Exclaimed Scootaloo and jumped up and flapped her wings for a moment then dropping into a pile.

She popped up out of the frozen water, made a snowball and threw it at Sweetie Belle, hitting the white filly in the face.

"Ow.. Hey!" Sweetie Belle pouted.

Scootaloo laughed while Snowdrop listened and blinked in confusion.

"W-what's going on?" Snowdrop raised an eyebrow.

Sweetie Belle picked up some snow with her levitation magic and compacted it, shaped it and rolled it into a ball shape then threw it at Scootaloo who fell backwards from the impact. Apple Bloom put her left hoof over her mouth, trying to stop herself from laughing.

"Pfft..."

Sweetie Belle glared at Apple Bloom and growled while Apple Bloom looked away with an innocent look on her face. Nyx moved away from them and walked over to Snowdrop when Sweetie Belle dropped a bunch of snow on top of Apple Bloom much to her irritation. Snowdrop's ears twitched at the sound of Nyx's hoof steps approaching and Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo's snowball fight in the background.

"Are they fighting?" Snowdrop frowned.

Nyx shook her head. "No, they're having a snow ball fight."

Snowdrop giggled. "I haven't been in a snow ball fight in ages, I had an entire class on my side once, Cumulo and her friends never stood a chance."

"Was she a bully?"

"Sometimes, but other times she was a friend. A very very good friend."

"I hope someday Diamond Tiara and I can be friends. But I don't see that day yet."

"You mentioned her before. Did you give her a gift for Hearths Warming?"

Nyx nodded. "Mmhm."

"What did you get her?"

"A sapphire tiara."

"Jewelry?"

"That's the only thing she'd ever be interested in."

"Hm... Everypony has their interests...."

Nyx nodded then had an Idea. "hey Snowdrop, how would you like to play a game with Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo?"

Snowdrop grinned. "You mean..?"

"I do." Nyx levitated three Snowballs and chucked them at the three filly's by the club house, the balls flew through the air and caught the notice of the c.m.c just as they hit them. The three filly's shook their heads and smirked at Nyx who was laughing. Snowdrop was just listening and giggled along every once in a while. Suddenly Snowdrop and Nyx were both struck with snowballs causing both to fall over. The c.m.c laughed at the alicorn and the filly who got back and laughed along with them. They continued their snow ball fight for a while, Nyx was paired up with Snowdrop while the c.m.c were on their own team and were being quite persistent in their attacks. Nyx built trenches for Snowdrop and herself to hide in while they fought against the c.m.c in the playful snow war. However as that hour passed, Snowdrops coat began to glow a slight ghostly blue.

~~~

After the snowball fight, Nyx, Snowdrop and the c.m.c all relaxed inside the clubhouse, drinking hot chocolate. Scootaloo told Snowdrop about how good she is on her scooter, Apple Bloom told Snowdrop that she hopes to help the apples grow when winter finished, and Sweetie Belle mentioned that she was interested in training her voice to sing which piqued Snowdrops interest.

"You want to sing?" The glacial blue and white. filly tilted her head.

Sweetie Belle nodded. "I do, when I think about it I really enjoy singing, but my voice isn't good for it..."

"I-I could teach you... If you'd like..."

"You used to sing?" Nyx was eager to know.

Snowdrop turned her head in Nyx's direction quickly and stuttered. "I-I wasn't a singer if that's what you're asking. I just knew how to..."

"Could you teach me? Please?" Sweetie Belle stood up excited.

Snowdrop put her cup down and shrugged all warm. "Hot chocolate... Still as good as I remember." Snowdrop stood up. "Alright." She smiled.

Sweetie Belle stood in the middle of the room as Snowdrop walked over and stopped beside Sweetie belle. Snowdrop blinked while Sweetie Belle waited for her to do something.

"Are you there yet?"

"I've been standing here the whole time."

"Oh... sorry." Snowdrop cleared her throat. "Now, I need you to stand straight."

Sweetie Belle did nothing for a moment until Snowdrop asked.

"Are you straight yet?!"

"Y-Yes Ms. Snowdrop."

Scootaloo chuckled while Apple Bloom tried to contain her laughter. Snowdrops ears twitched at the sound of Scootaloo and Apple Blooms suppressed laughter to which Snowdrop reprimanded them for.

"Scootaloo, Apple Bloom please don't make a sound, you'll distract us both..."

"Sorry Snowdrop..." Apple Bloom and Scootaloo Apologized.

"You too Nyx." Snowdrop didn't look in either ponies direction to tell them off.

Nyx stopped her little giggled and cleared her throat. "Sorry Snowdrop, please continue."

"You are as polite as Luna ever was." Snowdrop closed her eyes for a moment then reopened them. "Sweetie Belle, take a deep breath."

Sweetie Belle closed her eyes and breathed in deep through her nose and breathed out. Snowdrop could hear Sweetie Belle's breathing and knew when she had done as she had been asked.

"Now Sweetie Belle, I want you to repeat after me. These are just some vocal exercises my mother taught me, just repeat."

Snowdrop cleared her throat and breathed in deeply. "Ah ah ah ah ah ah!" Her voice sounded more beautiful then anything anypony had ever heard. Like wind passing through ice on a wind day, like wind chimes. It was as clear as water and as lovely as crystal flowers.

Nyx's eyes widened at Snowdrops singing voice and it was just the vocal exercises. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were shocked as well, Sweetie belle even more so. Snowdrop turned her head in Sweetie Belles direction slightly.

"Now, you try."

"Okay..." Sweetie Belle cleared her throat. "Ahh hugaahh gaahaaa ah!!"

Everypony in the room covered their ears. Sweetie Belles voice was piercing and it hurt the ears of her friends. Snowdrop however was unaffected. She respected Sweetie Belles limitations and took the full brunt of Sweetie Belles piercing, painful and screeching singing voice. Sweetie Belle quickly noticed her friends reactions and stopped.

"I...I'm sorry..." The unicorn looked down.

"Don't be."

Sweetie Belle looked at Snowdrop who approached her, stopping just within touching distance. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"B-but my voice... everypony covered their ears..."

"But not I." Snowdrop had a caring tone in her voice.

Sweetie Belle looked into Snowdrops pale eyes and could see something in them that shocked and surprised Sweetie Belle.

"Don't try to make yourself sound higher, don't force yourself. Let go of your worries, let your voice go. Think of what you would like to sing, and let it be free." Snowdrop smiled.

Sweetie Belle nodded and took another deep breath. She closed her eyes and cleared her mind, relaxed her throat and let her voice loose. "Ah ah ah ah ah... ah ah ah ah ahh!"

Sweetie Belles voice now sounded like bell birds, it sounded so much different then it ever had before. Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Nyx all walked over to Sweetie Belle and Snowdrop, praising them for their wonderful voices.

"That was so beautiful Sweetie Belle!" Said Scootaloo.

"You sounded prettier then a whale cryin out from the bottom of the sea." Said Apple Bloom.

"I had no idea either of you could sing like that." Said Nyx happily. "You both sound beautiful."

"That wasn't singing, they were just some exercises. You sing more beautifully then anypony else I have ever met. I've been listening."

Nyx flushed red. Sweetie Belle looked at Snowdrop and spoke softly to herself for a moment.

"Snowdrop..."

Snowdrop's ears flickered and twitched. "Y-yes Sweetie Belle?"

Sweetie Belle closed her mouth and stared at Snowdrop, surprised that she even heard her, however Sweetie Belle took the opportunity to ask the filly a question. "When I looked in your eyes... I think I saw something. I saw you and a whole heap of filly's in a room and stallion in another. He was close to you... wasn't he?"

Snowdrop's ears flattened on the top of her head and she sat down. "Would you girls mind if I told you all a little more about myself..?"

Nyx, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, all gathered around in front of Snowdrop and looked at her silently. Snowdrop sighed and blinked.

"I'm much older then I look, I was born in Cloudsdale over a 1000 years ago and I've lived there my whole life before I passed away. During my life I was a teacher, I taught singing to the young filly's and colts at my old school during the singing lessons. But I also made snow when it was needed, snow you could wish on like the stars in the sky. And I was also married to the most kindest and sweetest stallion in all of Equestria."

"How did you know he was the sweetest and kindest in all Equestria?" Asked Scootaloo.

"He never thought less of me because I couldn't see. He thought I was beautiful... He called me beautiful and he told me my voice was like a thousand ringing bells... He made me feel loved. I met him at school and he was the first pegasus to accept me for who I was. I loved him so dearly and I still love him to this very day."

Snowdrop shed tears and sniffled. The c.m.c and Nyx group hugged Snowdrop. She missed her husband, her old life. And for a moment she remembered he was waiting for her in another life.

"I'm sorry girls I- I need a moment." Snowdrop wiped her tears with her hooves, closing her eyes so she wouldn't poke them.

Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Nyx stood back giving Snowdrop some space. Scootaloo looked down and at Nyx sadly.

"We have to help her find peace!"

"We will Scootaloo, just wait please."

Snowdrop approached the four and blinked. "I'm ready to continue the lesson Sweetie Belle, if you are."

Sweetie Belles smiled. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Snowdrop smiled and clicked her tongue to find her way back to the middle of the room where she and Sweetie Belle stood and started singing together. Nyx, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom started joining in as the song continued becoming back up singers to Snowdrop and Sweetie Belles duet. Both fillies sounded divine yet neither one's voice conflicted with one another. It was a harmonic and gentle song. Once the singing had ceased the filly's looked at each other and hugged one another, Snowdrop did not look at anypony but was hugged none the less. The filly's smiled and laughed together.

"You two were awesome, I don't think I've ever heard singing as great as that!" Scootaloo said with excitement.

"We weren't that good..." Snowdrop said being modest.

Sweetie Belle walked over to the blind filly and smiled brightly.

"Thank you so much for helping me, Snowdrop." Sweetie Belle spoke in a cheerful tone of voice that seemed to resonate with melody.

Snowdrop smiled. "I-It was nothing, really..."

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom crowded Sweetie Bell, amazed at how beautiful her voice had gotten.

"This is so cool, don't you agree, Nyx?" Asked Apple Bloom.

Nyx smiled. "Eeyup." The filly got comfortable where she was and watched them.

Snowdrop laid down on her stomach and lifted her head up. She smiled and closed her pale eyes and let out a soft, happy sigh. Nyx sighed and giggled, waiting for the commotion with the crusaders to quiet down. Sweetie Belle and the others started to whisper suddenly, Snowdrop tried to hear them but they were a lot quieter then a pony would be during a whisper. The girls looked at Snowdrop then back at each other. Nyx raised an eyebrow and was curious to know what they were planning. Sweetie Belle went over to a wardrobe while Scootaloo and Apple Bloom waited with Nyx and Snowdrop.

"Where are they?" Sweetie Belle spoke to herself whilst looking through the wardrobe.

Nyx looked at Apple Bloom and Scootaloo and stood up approaching them.

"Sweetie Belle will be a minute." Said Apple Bloom.

"What's she doing?" Nyx tilted her head.

"You'll see." Apple Bloom smiled.

Snowdrop just listened to everything around her to pass the time.

"Ah hah! Found it!" Shouted Sweetie Belle.

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom stood close together in front of Sweetie Belle who rolled up something out of Nyx's view. Nyx went over to the window and sat by it, watching. Apple Bloom cleared her throat.

"Snowdrop."

Snowdrop faced the filly's, moving her head to make it appear she was looking at that.

"The three of us have decided that in the wake of Sweetie Belle's singing voice we would like to make you an honorary crusader!"

Sweetie Belle revealed the crusaders cape.

Nyx was surprised at this new cape having never seen it before. The cape was a white gold and bright blue version of the Cutie Mark Crusader cape that was worn by any c.m.c member without their cutie mark. Furthermore, Nyx was astounded by the girls sudden decision to make Snowdrop apart of the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Snowdrop was shocked as much as Nyx was, she stood up and blinked.

"Y-You want to make me a-a Cutie Mark Crusader?"

"You've earned it Snowdrop." Said Scootaloo.

"You deserve it." Said Sweetie Belle.

Snowdrop didn't know what to say about this, she was silent, her pale eyes wide and her emotions were of an intense and strong happiness. Even Nyx was proud of Snowdrop and walked over to the glacial blue filly to assist the other three cutie mark crusaders in putting the cape on her. Once it was on, Snowdrop felt it on her wings and smiled happily, letting a tear of happiness fall. Nyx and the c.m.c stood in front of Snowdrop and welcomed her happily into the Cutie Mark Crusaders as a Crusader.

~~~

A few hours after, Nyx and Snowdrop were preparing to head back into town. Sweetie Belle thanked the blind filly for helping her improve her singing but Snowdrop brushed it off and assured the purple haired Cutie Mark Crusader that she didn't do anything and that it was herself who made it happen. Snowdrop decided that she would continue wearing the cape, somehow knowing that when she turns back into a spirit, the cape will remain on her ghostly form as a ghost itself. While Nyx and Snowdrop left, the c.m.c ran off to show Rarity and Applejack that Sweetie belle's voice had just been given a boost of talent. Snowdrop started to glow a little brighter which garnered Nyx's attention. The black filly looked at Snowdrops glow and frowned, her ears flattening.

"The spell's wearing off..."

"I know."

"And you know I can't cast it again.."

"It's okay Nyx, I'm not afraid to return to my spirit form. As much as I love living again I will always be a memory to those who choose to remember. I have no place here anymore and to be living and breathing again is a privilege, even if it just a few small hours." Snowdrop smiled.

Nyx looked back at the path and smiled a little. She couldn't help but somewhat disagree with Snowdrop being a memory. "As long as there is somepony around to remember you, you are not a memory."

Snowdrop stopped moving as Nyx passed her and seemed to stare at the ground for a moment before allowing a small smile to form on her face. She blinked and continued to follow Nyx closely behind, remaining by Nyx's side on the walk into town. Upon entering the snow covered town, the adults were out and about with their children. Nyx spotted Cherilee heading to the Ponyville Spa, her mane was straight like Pinkie's usually was during her moments of depression. The dark filly frowned, she had missed learning at school and wished to return sooner than later. Snowdrop could sense Nyx's sadness and nudged her, or more like poked her with her hooves.

"Hey.. are you alright?"

Nyx looked at Snowdrop and nodded. "I'm Okay Snow..." Upon calling Snowdrop Snow, another memory was triggered which left Nyx paralyzed. She collapsed and fell into the snow. The sounds of everything around her allowed Snowdrop to see Nyx fall.

"Nyx? Nyx?!!" Snowdrop start to express absolute worry, she shook Nyx and let out small neighs as a cry for help.

One pony heard Snowdrops calls for help and came to help Nyx, it was Buttons mother, Elaina. She rushed over to the filly's and instantly noticed Nyx's black shape in the white snow.

"What happened?"

"She fell over I-I think... "

"You think?!"

"I can't exactly see you know?!" Snowdrop faced Elaina showing the mare her pale eyes which surprised her.

In Nyx's mind she was witnessing through Luna's eyes events she had no knowledge of. Luna and Snowdrop were walking through the park in Canterlot on a cold winter day. Snowdrop looked to be much of the same age as Nyx is. They were walking down a path toward a marble column gazebo, ponies bowed to Luna as she passed with her friend. Snowdrop stayed alongside the princess so she wouldn't get lost, eventually she sighed and stopped walking. Luna passed her but shortly stopped and turned around to look at her.

"Snowdrop?" Luna looked at her.

Snowdrop wiped her hooves on the snowy ground which made a hard glassy sound when she did and tilted her head. "When I move my hooves my shoes make a scraping noise and it's cold..."

Luna walked over to the blind filly. "Lift your hoof please."

Snowdrop did as asked. Luna looked at the underneath of Snowdrops horseshoes and chuckled. "There's ice on the bottom.

"Can you melt it?" Snowdrop asked with a frown, the scraping of the ice seems to have hurt her ears.

"I will, just keep your hoof lifted." Luna's horn started to glow, she moved it close to the ice on Snowdrops horse shoes and it began to thaw. Snowdrop heard water droplets hitting the concrete which were barely audible to a concentrating Luna. Snowdrops ears twitched with each drip until all the ice was gone, allowing Luna to stop.

"Now for the next three. Lift the next one now Snowdrop."

The process of melting the ice continued for a few minutes but eventually the ice had melted. Snowdrop hopped up and down happily as a result and smiled.

"Thank you Luna.."

"It was the least I can do for you." Luna looked at a large patch of snow near by and started to levitate it, she than began to compact it into a ball shape. She eyed Snowdrop playfully and gently threw the ball of frozen water at the glacial blue filly.

Pompf! The snow ball hit, knocking Snowdrop into a pile of snow which was much better then the cold hard ground. Luna tried to contain her laughter but she simply couldn't hold it in for a moment longer.

"Hahaha! I-I'm sorry Snowdrop I couldn't help it." Luna continued to laugh and ended up snorting.

"That's not fair, throwing snowballs a blind filly..." Snowdrop crawled out of the hole and sat down in front of Luna upset.

The princess noticed the blind filly's mood and felt bad. "S-Snowdrop I-I am truly sorry... I-"

Luna got too close to Snowdrop during her apology, and with her head lowered to her height it allowed the young one the rare chance of smearing a snowball in the princess's face. Luna pulled her head back and shook her head, sneezing afterwards while Snowdrop simply laughed uncontrollably.

"Y-You snowballed me! Luna had a hoof on her nose, she looked at Snowdrop out from the corner of her eye with her pupils shrunk.

"So I got you huh?" Snowdrop giggled and stood up.

"The only other pony to have done that is my sister, Celestia." Luna smiled. "Well done, Snow."

"S-Snow?"

Luna tilted her head. "Do you not like the nickname?" She chuckled.

Snowdrop thought about it and giggled. "It fits doesn't it? I like it."

Luna nodded. "It's only your name shortened, I thought you'd like it. Not just anypony can plant a sneaky attack on me so easily, I underestimated your echolocation."

"You thought I couldn't see you with the amount of noise you were making?" Snowdrop snickered.

"I didn't take your sound ability into consideration during my approach. I have been bested."

Snowdrop smiled widely but she soon dropped it when she heard Celestia walking over to them from the top of the hill.

The night princess turned to look at her sister and frowned. "Sister is something the matter?"

Celestia nodded and started to speak however before Nyx could find out what was being said she was pulled out of the memory by Snowdrop who shook Nyx and said her name. The dark filly awoke and groaned in pain, she sat up and put a hoof to her head.

"My head hurts... again..." Nyx complained.

Snowdrop smiled. "Thank goodness you're okay." She sighed in relief.

Nyx looked around and saw she was in a house. "W-where are we?"

"Oh hey Nyx you're up!"

Nyx looked over at the monitor and laid eyes on Button Mash playing a video game. "Hello Button. What happened?"

"I don't know, but your friend there seems to know."

"She was calling out for somebody to help you when I came over to see what the problem was." Elaina said whilst entering the room with hot coco for both Snowdrop and Nyx.

Nyx thanked the nice mare and started sipping her coco, and helped Snowdrop reach her's as she was placing her hoof all over the table in a searching manner. Buttons mother watched Snowdrop, she looked her coat, her mane, her colors and her eyes, however the questions did not start until she saw Snow's cutie mark.

"If you don't mind my asking.. how long have you been blind?"

Snowdrop froze up and closed her eyes shyly. "I-I've always been blind.. I was born this way..."

The mare frowned. "Oh dear.. t-that's terrible..."

"It's okay though... I'm not fussed."

Panic started to brush over Nyx like a wave. She could tell Elaina was close to discovering who Snowdrop really was.

"Who is your mother? I'd like to meet her some time."

"M-My m-mother..? Her name was Primrose... B-But she passed away years ago."

"I'm so sorry to hear that..."

"It's okay... she's in a better place now."

Nyx gulped down her coco and hopped out of her chair. "T-Thank you for the hot coco Mrs Elaina but we really should be going now."

"Nyx.. I'm not finished a-and we could stay a little longer.."

"I know who Snowdrop is Nyx. There's nothing to worry about."

Nyx was surprised. "Y-You know?"

"You knew?" Snowdrop was also surprised.

Elaina nodded. "My grandmother used to tell me stories about you and your snow flakes. You were an amazing pegasus. I used to wish on the snow flakes when I was a filly. She was a pegasus, and Cloudsdale resident before she came to Ponyville."

Snowdrop perked up. "You... You were a believer? You wished upon the stars?"

Buttons mother nodded. "I did, every winter and some times my wishes really did come true."

Snowdrop jumped up and down happily. "So some pony's still believe some pony's still do!" Snowdrop laughed happily.

Elaina sighed sadly. "But now... It seems when I make a wish nothing happens... it's as if it just.. stopped..."

Snowdrop stopped jumping and frowned. "The magic is gone... It has been for so long..."

Nyx listened to them and seemed upset that whatever magic was in the snow was now gone. Despite her sadness at this, her panic made Nyx very on edge.

"Elaina..."

Elaina looked at Nyx. "Yes dear?"

"Please.. keep this a secret.. I don't want Twilight or Luna or anypony finding out... not until I can find a way to help her..."

"Your secret is safe with Button and I. But I want to know... How are you here Snowdrop.. you passed away years ago didn't you?"

Snowdrop looked to her right, her ghostly glow starting to show again. "I'm a memory... That's all..."

Elaina frowned at that but didn't question it. She kindly opened the door and let the filly's out. They waved goodbye to her and continued to wander around. Nyx let out a sigh.

"The spell doesn't have very long..."

"I know. I can feel myself becoming weightless again."

Snowdrop and Nyx's tummy's started to rumble. Both filly's faces lit up and they somewhat looked at one another, Nyx looked at Snowdrop but Snowdrop seemed to turn her head in the likely direction Nyx was in.

"Are you hungry?" Asked Nyx.

Snowdrop nodded. "A-Are you?"

"Yeah... Lets go to Sugar Cube Corner they have the best treats.

"Candy?"

Nyx giggled and started walking in the general direction of the cake store. "No, cakes."

Snowdrop licked her lips at the mention of cake and started following Nyx, making sure to click every once in a while so she could mentally see the alicorn and follow her. They trekked across the snow field which was once town square to get to Sugar Cube Corner, through a snowball battle field, waged by Pinkie Pie against nearly every filly and colt from Nyx's school. Nyx and Snowdrop did not get hit but were almost splattered by a snowball or two. In time they managed to break away from the playful game of siege as Pinkie was still using the snow fort from chapter two. Nyx sighed and shook her head before turning around and walking into the cake store, Snowdrop following not too far behind. Nyx checked her coats pockets for bits and was happy when she found she had 25 bits in her pocket. The dark filly walked up to the counter and with her magic rang the service bell. She waited with Snowdrop who had taken to hiding behind Nyx until Mrs. Cake arrived. She looked around the shop then down at Nyx.

"Oh hello Nyx, what can I get'cha?"

"I'd like five Chocolate coated marsh mellows with coconut shavings on top and-"

"A snow capped muffin..." Snowdrop whispered.

"And a Snow capped muffin to go please." Nyx finished.

Mrs. Cake smiled and got what Nyx and Snowdrop had asked for and put them in a paper bag. She then passed the bag down to Nyx who took it and paid the 25 bits for them, getting 10 bits change from the transaction.

"Thank you Mrs. Cake."

"Have a nice day Nyx." Mrs. Cake watched Nyx leave the store, just barely catching a glimpse of Snowdrop who had left as soon as Nyx did. Nyx and Snowdrop walked to a nearby bench and sat on it. The dark filly pulled out Snowdrops muffin and gave it to her, while Nyx started eating one of her chocolate coated marsh mellows. Snowdrop held her muffin between her hooves while she softly ate.

Nyx looked around Ponyville and up at Canterlot. She then looked at all the snow and couldn't help sighing. "School comes back on in a few days and I haven't found out how winter came to be this way..."

Snowdrop's ears flattened on her head. She finished her muffin quietly. "I-I'm finished..."

Nyx looked at Snowdrop and levitated her rubbish into a nearby trash bin. "There you go."

"Thank you..." Snowdrop looked down sadly as her full ghostly glow returned to her.

Nyx watched as Snowdrop's solid body turned translucent, her ghostly glow signalling her return to her spirit form. Nyx frowned sadly at this and Snowdrop realizing she had returned to her afterlife simply closed her eyes away sadly.

"I wanted to play a game..." Snowdrop sighed.

"We still could." Nyx smiled suddenly.

Snowdrop looked at Nyx and tilted her head. "Are you sure? I wanted to play leap frog..."

"That's easy. You don't have to be solid to do that."

Snowdrop thought about it and smiled. "I guess not." She giggled.

For the rest of the afternoon, Nyx played leap frog with Snowdrop, despite how odd it looked to everypony else. Nyx and Snowdrop giggled and ran around together for quite a while. Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo joined in after a while, despite the hours passing, the filly's could still see Snowdrop. It was starting to get dark and Spike came out to bring Nyx home. Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo all noticed the time and said their goodbye's to Nyx and Snowdrop before heading on home.

"That was fun..." Snowdrop smiled.

"It was." Nyx replied.

"Hey Nyx!" Spike called out. "Twilight wants you home now, dinner's almost on the table.!"

"Coming Spike!!" Nyx looked at Snowdrop and smirked. "Hey Snowdrop, that cute dragon you like is taking us home."

Snowdrop blushed. "I-I don't like him he just makes good conversation..." She shyly closed her pale eyes.

Nyx giggled and started walking back to the Library with Spike. Snowdrop stood still and suddenly vanished with the wind.

~~~

Nyx walked into the library and took off her Snow clothes, placing them on the clothing rack and her snow shoes in a shoe storage that took Nyx by surprise. Spike closed the door a shivered, his teeth chattering and his face blue. Nyx looked out the window and saw that a blizzard was blowing hard. Derpy was out there fighting against the gale only to be blown back and vanish out of view. Nyx sighed and shook her head, taking the stairs up to the living room where she sat down on the couch. Twilight smiled at hearing Nyx's small feint hoof steps.

"Welcome home Nyx!" Twilight called out from upstairs as she set dinner on the table.

"Thank you Mommy." Nyx smiled.

Owlowiscious and Peewee were nearby the fire warming up while Nyx watched them happily. Twilight suddenly called out again from the kitchen announcing dinner and calling Spike and Nyx up to eat. Nyx hopped off the couch and walked up the stairs, Spike following just behind. Midway up the stairs Spike froze up and looked around.

"Hey Nyx did you hear that?"

Nyx stopped and looked back at Spike, blinking curiously. "Huh? Hear what?"

Snowdrop's giggled echoed around Nyx and Spike. The purple dragon shuddered a little creeped out. "That's creepy."

Nyx lifted an eyebrow and smiled. "I don't hear anything. I think you're hallucinating." Nyx turned and continued to walk up the steps.

Spike scratched his head in confusion and shrugged continuing his walk up the steps. Twilight welcomed Nyx home once again in person with a smile and a hug with Nyx returning the hug and hopping up into her seat. She started eating once Spike and Twilight had started digging in. It was a lovely meal consisting of fresh carrots and apple slices, and some Night Berry's for the filly. The filly's routine was much of the same as it was the last times. She would have dinner, wash her plate's, brush her teeth and then return to her room to read for half an hour before bed, but there would be no reading for Nyx as Snowdrop was once again in her room, however the spirits appearance was different then it was the other times. When Nyx walked in, she paused to watch a glowing light as large as a mare shrink down to the size of a filly.

"Is that you Nyx?"

Nyx walked in. "It's me."

Snowdrop turned around carefully and faced Nyx, being just centimeters off from properly facing her. Nyx walked over to the blind filly and sat down.

"You know, I usually read right about now."

"O-Oh? I'm interrupting you aren't I?"

"Not at all Snowdrop." The alicorn put on a warm smile.

Snowdrop smiled at the assurance she wasn't hindering her friend. Suddenly Spike charged into the room in a panic looking around. Spike's sudden entrance cause Nyx to jump and so she turned around a little bit peeved.

"Spike!!"

"Sorry Nyx I keep hearing that voice it was coming... from..." Spike's eyes shrunk. He could see Snowdrop as clear as day, or as clear as the room was. He was already close to Nyx when he saw Snowdrop.

Nyx looked at Snowdrop then at Spike, her ears flattened down and her eyes shrank. "Oh Celestia..."

"Twiliiight!!!" Spike bolted for the door only to run into it when Nyx closed it and zipped his mouth shut with magic. The purple dragon peeled off the door and fell to the floor, his eyes spinning like spirals in a daze.

Nyx approached Spike who was still on the floor and was frowning. "Please Spike give me a moment to explain.."

Spike got up and unzipped his mouth, the zipper vanishing. "No way Nyx, t-that's a ghost-"

"I'm a filly..."

"She's a ghost, I have to tell Twilight, I'm sorry Nyx." Spike opened the bedroom door and took a step out.

"If you tell Twilight, Luna will come and she will take my memories away!"

Spike paused for a moment, he closed his eyes and grit his teeth sighing and slowly pulling his foot back into the room, and gently shutting the door. He then turned around and looked at Nyx with his claws behind his back.

"I'm not even supposed to remember Snowdrop but the memories keep coming and she's lost!"

"But those aren't your memories... They're Princess Luna's."

"I know but somehow she missed one. Spike, Snowdrop is lost, she can't pass on and I'm the only one who can help her..."

Spike thought about it.

"You got to let me help her Spike you just got to..." Nyx started tearing up. "Please..?" She sniffled.

Snowdrop frowned and sat down, lowering her head so she was facing the floor. Spike looked at Snowdrop and at Nyx who had pleading eyes, he caved and nodded.

"Alright, I'll keep it a secret..." Spike smiled.

Nyx perked up at this and Snowdrop lifted her head with her murky eyes wide. Nyx with a big smile, hugged Spike tightly thanking him.

"Thank you Spike, thank you, thank you so much!" Nyx kissed his cheeks. "I want to introduce you to her formally. Come on."

Nyx pulled Spike along over to Snowdrop. Upon being close to Spike, Snowdrops cheeks lit up red, she couldn't see him but could sense he was there, his breathing painted mental images for Snowdrop that allowed her to see.

"I-I'm Spike, Spike the dragon."

"I-I'm I.. I..." She stuttered.

Nyx giggled a little, furthering Snowdrops embarrassment.

"W-What's so funny?"

'Nothing..." Nyx said looking up to her left.

"I was married and I still am.. sort of."

"Then why the blush?"

Snowdrop whined and stamped on the spot. "I..I uh.. nngh!! He's really really cute okay?!" Snowdrop laid on the floor and covered her face in total embarrassment.

Spike was blushing bright red at Snowdrops true thoughts on him. "S-She thinks I'm cute?"

Nyx giggled. "Aww that's so adorable." She said in a cute way.

Snowdrop whimpered and got back up. "Right now I'm happy I'm blind... M-My name's S-Snowdrop..." She said quietly.

"N-Nice to meet you Snowdrop."

Nyx smiled at them both, then there was a long period of silence. Snowdrop was staring at Spike, but not in a real sense. She blinked a few time and Spike having noticed her eyes broke the silence with a question.

"S-So... what happened to your eyes?"

"Silence broken." Nyx announced whilst reading her book.

Spike and Snowdrop chuckled, the white filly clearing her throat.

"I was born this way... blind. I can see only darkness but over the years I was alive I learned to mentally paint pictures in my mind using sound. Too much sound like wind in my ears could blind me... I cannot see things if the sound is overwhelming. Echolocation is not easy to learn but being a naturally blind pony I learned young, but it was still hard."

"The pay off would've been good."

"It was..." Snowdrop gave a happy cheerful smile.

"Hey Spike.. How can you see Snowdrop?" Asked Nyx.

"W-What do you mean?" Spike shrugged.

"He can see me because I'm letting him. I cannot see him, and I'm using up a lot of my energy just to do this. It felt unfair of me to be heard but not seen."

The time changed to 7:00 PM. Twilight called out to Nyx and Spike that it was bedtime.

"Spike, Nyx! Time for bed!"

Spike looked down for a moment then looked at Snowdrop again about to speak only to see she was now gone. He looked around for her then at Nyx baffled.

"She does that." Nyx took off her glasses and head band and placed them in her bedside table.

"You can still hear me can't you Spike?"" Snowdrop's voiced echoed for Spike and Nyx to hear. "W-Well if you can... I'm happy to have met you, sweet dreams."

And with that, Snowdrop fell silent.

"Goodnight Snowdrop." Muttered Spike.

The dragon turned around and headed for the door, he twisted the door handle and opened it. As he was about to step out, Nyx called him back.

"Spike..."

The dragon looked back.

"Promise you won't tell Twilight, Luna or anypony else.."

Spike smiled. "Cross my heart hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." He said.

Twilight came into view just as Spike had left. twilight watched Spike walk up the steps and looked into Nyx's room. Seeing the filly snuggling into her blankets brought a smile to the unicorns face and she entered and approached her.

"I haven't seen you all day, everything alright?"

Nyx nodded. "Mhm..."

"I heard what happened earlier this afternoon, luckily Elaina was there to help. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to have helped you myself sweetie..."

"It's okay Mommy, you were busy."

"That's what bugs me. How can I live up to the princess's expectations if I can't keep an eye on you." She sighed. "Anyway... goodnight sweetie."

"Goodnight mommy." Nyx smiled and hugged Twilight.

Twilight returned the hug and kissed Nyx on the forehead. The lavender unicorn turned around and headed for the door, exiting the room and going to her own room upstairs. All the lights in the library go out except Nyx's. The filly sat up in bed and opened her bedside table drawer, she lifted the wooden plank underneath and took out her diary, which she opened and started writing in about her day.

Suddenly toward the end of her writing, Nyx started smiling. "School starts next week!"

=====================================================================

Author's Note:

I know the rules.. but another language for spells is far more interesting than understandable English.

A lot of stuff was cut from this chapter but all the cut content will be used in Chapter 10 Revelations.