• Published 4th Oct 2013
  • 1,128 Views, 12 Comments

Gaia - Puking Coyote



In Equestria there is only one force that Celestia truly feared, only one that ever truly beaten her. This story tells of that force. Please sit back and enjoy.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,128

Chapter 4 Trixies Challenge

Chapter 4

Trixies Challenge

Princess Celestia sat proudly watching as her star pupil was crowned a princess of Equestria. Her beaming eyes and the brightness that radiated from her was proof of this. Even the sun shown with more vigor than usual which seemed to clash with the just as strong night sky of princess Luna who was also enjoying the exciting celebrations or in other words “fun.” The day was perfect with not a rainy cloud in the sky which was a testament to the outstanding work of the Pegasus’s of Cloudsdale. Getting a new princess was a very special event and all the ponies in Equestria were brimming with joy in knowing that the element of magic Twilight Sparkle was to be one of the rulers of the land. Everypony that could came to Canterlot to see the new princess. News of Princess Sparkle’s crowning spread quickly across Equestria and even managed to bring one sore pony into Canterlot to watch the ceremony. There Trixie sat with her legs crossed giving out a death glare to Twilight from the crowd as if by some way it could ruin her day.

“Look at that Lightningdust! Celestia gives everything to her hoof and foot. She’s even getting her own summer home castle in Ponyville, can you believe that?!” Trixie mumbled to LightningDust who was enjoying a purple snow-cone while wearing a Twilight Sparkle hat she picked up in the gift shop. “Will you take that off! You’re supporting my nemesis.”

“The proceeds go to helping orphan ponies and besides, don’t we have our own summer home castle in Everfree?”

“But Celestia just made her an alicorn! How can I defeat her now?” Trixie stated more to herself than Lightning Dust. “What was all that training for? Every time I get close, Twilight just moves on up to another level.”

“It’s not that bad Trixie, here have a bite of my haydog” Lightningdust passed Trixie a haydog but when Trixie saw that it was in the shape of Twilight, she casted it on the ground in disgust. “Hey! All you had to do was say no.”

Trixie looked at her again “will you please take off that hat!”

“No, I kind of like it” Lightningdust replied more for getting revenge for her ruined haydog than anything else.

“Fine” Trixie replied “have it your way” she then left only to shortly after come back wearing a t-shirt with Rainbow Dash doing a rainboom on it.

“Now that is evil.”

“Not as evil as this” trixie replied then showed a poster of Rainbow Dash with the word Loyalty under her much to Lightningdust’s dissatisfaction. “I think it will look good above the mantel, don’t you?”

It can be said that the two of them went on like this for some time and when they finally quit the gift shop owner had to reorder more supplies. On the other side of the crowd were Lyra and a bored Wildfire who unlike her friend did not find anything too exciting about the ceremony, after all there were not even any fireworks. Lyra however was busy listening to the speeches being made and drawing wild conclusions from the supposable secret messages in them about the existence of humans. She had a hay day when Prince Blueblood gave his speech to the crowd.

“I wish Gaia was here to hear these wonderful clues that the royal ponies are giving us about humans!” Lyra told Wildfire who was staring at a statue wondering just what the heck it was supposed to be.

“He would probably say that your nuts and go back to the Griffin kingdom to talk about their sponsorship or whatever it was that weird griffin messenger Gilda told us.

“I thought you liked her?” Lyra asked still listening to the speech being made.

“She’s ok, grouchy but ok. At least she doesn’t talk about humans all day long.”

“Just wait until the truth gets out then you will see.” Lyra’s ears then perked up “Did you hear that Wildfire?! He said that Twilight is the key to opening a new door to our futures. That proves humans are real!”

“What, how did you get anything regarding humans from that?”

“Don’t you understand? Doors and keys are human inventions. Since he mentioned a human device being the item to our future he therefore said that finding the humans and learning from their vast wisdom is their goal.” She stated smiling as if it was laid out in plain canterlotish for Wildfire to understand.

Wildfire stared at Lyra wondering not for the first time if she should take her to see a doctor. After a moment she shrugged off the idea, rolled her eyes and went back to investigating the statue.

After the ceremony was over the four girls headed back to Ponyville in the train, for unlike Gaia Trixie could not teleport them such distances. Gaia had been gone much of the time in his visits to the griffin kingdom and left them mostly alone in the castle. So, it was only natural that in their boredom they decided to come to the ceremony today even though none of them except for Lyra really wanted to go.

“I tell you, she may be an alicorn and have a castle and be a princess who was trained by the most powerful being in Equestria and have servants and be the element of magic and…”

“How is this suppose to help Lightningdust?” Trixie asked cutting her off. “What’s your point?”

“My point is that even with all these things I still believe that you can defeat Twilight.”

“Do you really think so?”

“Of course she doesn’t, Twilights an alicorn now, she’s beyond you” Wildfire responded.

Trixie thought to herself for a while, bothered by what Wildfire said “No, I can beat her!” she finally stated. “The Great and Powerful Trixie will challenge the new princess to a duel!”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie?” the other three girls repeated giving Trixie weird looks in the process, they then broke down in laughter.

Trixie becoming aware of the fact that she used her old title which she would even now have to admit sounded arrogant tried to recover from the slip. “I mean, I mean, um…I…look over there!” she pointed behind them.

None of them fell for the trick “Seriously?” Lightning Dust asked not sure whether to laugh harder or be insulted by the sad attempt at a distraction.

As the train ride continued and they had their fun at the expense of Trixie the girls fell asleep in the trolley all except Trixie who was still fuming over Twilight. So enraged was she that she decided the first chance she got, to challenge her nemesis to a duel, and nopony was going to stop her. Trixie did not know it at the time but Twilight was also on the same train in the royal compartment celebrating a fantastic party that Pinkypie was throwing in her honor.

“Twily I am so proud of you, you know that?” Shining Armor said to his little sister.

“Yes, you will be a fine princess” Princess Cadance echoed in Twilights praise along with many other ponies in the car.

“Thank you everypony” Twilight replied. “I just hope that I can live up to all of your expectations.” Twilight was indeed nervous about her new role “If only there was a book about being a princess” she thought to herself.

“You will do fine sugar cube” Apple Jack replied.

“Yeah, after all you saved everypony from Nightmare Moon, dragons, an Ursa minor which the Great and Wimpy Trixie caused. (Trixie at this time sneezed for no apparent reason) From Discord and a very upset King Sombra.”

“I couldn’t have done those things without you guys; you are the real heroes of Equestria.”

“Besides, I think it was I who defeated King Sombra” Spike spoke up clearly trying to impress Rarity.

“Oh, Spike” Twilight laughed.

The party in its height became so loud that it reached Trixies ears and when it was Twilights turn on the twister board such a cheer of “Twilight” came from the royal coach that Trixie could not stand it any longer. Not knowing that Twilight was on the train she marched right into the party cart slamming the door open with such ferocity that it caused Twilight to trip on her new wings falling on top of Rainbow Dash, who in turn kicked a table over causing a punch bowl to land onto of herself to Dashes great displeasure.

“Will you keep it down? Some ponies are trying to sleep here!” Trixie screamed as she entered the door. But oh! What a surprise it was when she saw Twilight in her royal party garb that Rarity made especially for her. “YOU!” Trixie exclaimed with a snarl.

“Trixie…what a surprise, what are you doing here?” Twilight asked.

“Trying not to barf for one.”

“Hey!”

“That was a mean thing to say” Princess Cadance replied to Trixie.

“I will not have you talking to my sister that way” Shinning Armor stated stepping in front of Trixie.

“It’s ok brother” Twilight said putting her hoof on him calming him down before approaching Trixie. “Your still mad at me, I can see it in your eyes.” Trixie did not reply but just stared at her trying to keep her anger under control. “Why do you not like us?” Twilight asked.

“Because you were handed everything while I actually worked for what I have and you have the nerve to call yourself princess? You are no princess!”

“What do you mean?”

“Tell me Twilight” Trixie replied with a slight smirk for she now knew what she wanted and how to make it happen. “Of all the enemies that you faced how many of them were not with the help or guidance of your precious princess Celestia.”

Twilight did not appreciate the tone Trixie had with mentioning Princess Celestia but she had to admit that Trixie had a point. All of her enemies were defeated by her only with help of Princess Celestia. “What are you saying Trixie?”

“I’m just saying” Trixie laughed remembering the theory Gaia had given her on the matter. “Isn’t it funny that all the trials you faced, that Celestia had a hoof in them? They were a test Twilight, Celestia orchestrated the whole thing. After all it wasn’t a coincidence that you were sent to find friends so the Elements of Harmony could defeat Nightmare Moon. It wasn’t coincidence that Celestia left you alone to fight Discord then in the end gave you the very weapon to defeat his hold over you which she obviously foresaw happening. Celestia even told you that King Sombra was a test and when you failed it she still passed you. She used them to test you even when she could have stopped them herself and saved many ponies the fear that they brought with them.”

“You’re wrong” Twilight said “The Princess would never do that!”

Trixie was pleased with how Twilight was reacting and saw the button she must push to get Twilight to agree to her duel. “She used them and you. I bet that your crowning is just another manipulation to cause some other calamity elsewhere to help her own goals. She doesn’t really care about the ponies of Equestria why else would she leave such huge responsibilities to protect Equestria’s citizens to somepony that would likely fail. ”

Twilight hearing enough slander against Princess Celestia stomped her hoof down “Stop it Trixie, your wrong!”

“Then prove it Twilight. Tomorrow morning in Ponyville’s town square!”

“Not another duel, don’t you remember how she whipped you last time Trixie?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“No” Twilight said to Dash raising her hoof to silence her before looking back at Trixie with a ferocious hungry look that any warrior with hot blood had. “I think that she needs to be taught a lesson, and I will be the teacher.”

Trixie who had the same wild look as Twilight to the knowledge of the upcoming fight gave a short snort at Twilight then walked out of the room slamming the door behind her.

Those in the room seemed to have slunk towards the far walls during the intense confrontation, startled by the sudden mood change in Twilight they just stared at her. Twilight after Trixie left turned around to them then put on the most innocent smile one could imagine “Who wants cake?”

As trixie slammed the door close she came face to face with Lightningdust and the other girls who were listening to the conversation. “Are you nuts Trixie?” Lightningdust asked her. “Gaia is not going to like you doing this.”

“Gaia promised that if I train I would be able to defeat Twilight so that’s what I plan to do” Trixie replied as they headed back towards their car.

“You know you’re going to mess up whatever plan he has right?”

“Well if he is not going to tell it to us, then I have to make my own plan now don’t I?”

“But she’s an alicorn!”

“Let her do it!” Wildfire cut in. “Honestly I want to see what this Twilight can do, she’s famous enough for defeating powerful enemies. It will be fun.”

“Well I’m going to record it with my magic” Lyra stated “who knows what mysteries can be unraveled in this fight.”

The train stopped in Ponyville early the next morning and even though there were just hours of warning before the duel it seemed that everypony came out to watch the fight between Twilight and Trixie. Even the local newspaper reporters were there to cover it. Nopony knows how but Pinkypie even managed to make a huge banner that had Trixie and Twilight on it in full boxing attire and read Princess Sparkle V.S. Trixie.

As Trixie came into the towns center she was greeted by a wave of boo’s. She looked back at her three good friends who in pure confidence of her magical abilities and capability to defeat Princess Sparkle each decided to wear a paper bag over their heads. “Remind me to thank you for your show of confidence later” Trixie mumbled to them.

“Hey, at least we came didn’t we?” Lightningdust replied.

“Last chance to take back what you said about Princess Celestia” Twilight called from across the stone road where they meet in front of a statue.

“I tell it the way I see it Twilight” Trixie replied.

Spike came between them “You both still want to do this?” they both nodded. Spike rolled his eyes thinking the whole thing foolish. “Then begin” he quickly got out of the way as the two girls stared at each other horns glowing.

“Go ahead Trixie” Twilight stated fully confident in her abilities to counter anything Trixie sent her way. Twilight however did not know that Trixie had already sent her spell underground and the snake was already wrapped around her hoof pouring in its magic. Soon Twilight started to get woozy.

Just as Twilight who was trying to figure out why her strength was leaving her collapsed Trixie gave a small “boo” knowing full well what the media would do with what she said and Twilight collapsing.

The crowd was silent nopony could believe that Twilight just fainted. Trixie just stood there also in shock that Twilight fell so easily, maybe Gaia was right and Celestia did overly help Twilight in her accomplishments. Trixies friends quickly took her and walked her away from the shell-shocked crowd to their castle in Everfree.

“I can’t believe that was it! Got myself worked up over nothing” Wildfire stated. “I’m going to bed” she then left going upstairs to her room feeling let down by the quick duel.

Lyra started to play the fight over and over with her magic video to see if there was any clues to government conspiracies.

“I wonder how Gaia’s going to react?” lightningdust replied.

“Like it matters, I beat Twilight! She was an alicorn and I beat her, I beat an alicorn!” Trixie replied very proud of herself.

That night Trixie could barely sleep she was so excited about her fight she had even forgotten to eat dinner. The next day as the girls were in town all the newspapers had one story on the front page New Princess faints in Duel. All of the news ponies just as Trixie thought heard her saying boo, and since no magic could be seen that was used, concluded that Twilight fainted from fear of Trixie.

According to the newspaper Twilight left Ponyville for Canterlot last night obviously embarrassed from losing the duel. “Serves her right” Trixie stated “it’s just like how I fled when I was beaten and disgraced.” They did not notice since the crowd was parting for them anyway from fear of Trixie that there was another among them listening to their conversation as they looked upon the newspaper.

“So what if she comes back looking for a rematch?” Lyra asked.

“Then I will just beat her again” Trixie replied proudly.

“We do not think so Trixie” a voice suddenly came from behind them. They all turned to find themselves face to face with Princess Luna. “This is twice that thou disobeyed us. First thou ran from the punishment we had for you. Second thou still sought vengeance upon our friend Twilight, your princess, this thou must answer to our sister for.” She then looked at the other three girls “all of you.” Trixie already began her sleeping spell just as she was trained to do but for some reason it was not getting through. “Interesting spell this is, the same that defeated Twilight if we art not mistaken.”

“Yes” Trixie replied.

Luna stared at them “thou’s trump card is useless for we unlike Twilight will not be fooled by such meager tricks of the hoof. Will thou now come quietly or might we be force to make thee come?”

Trixie looked at the other girls who she could tell were not fond of the idea of fighting Luna. Trixie immediately teleported them all to the outside of town but when they materialized Luna was there waiting for them. “How?”

“Thou forgets we haft been teleporting for thousands of years. There is no escape, so if thou will come peacefully we may even forget that thou disobeyed us a third time.”

Wildfire stepped up “O well, I was looking for a good fight anyway” she then shot her element at Luna who cast it away with ease.

“An earthpony that uses magic we haven’t seen such a thing before” Luna replied curious.

“Oh, were full of surprises” Wildfire replied and ran towards Luna catching fire.

“I’m sorry princess but I have to stick with my friends” Lyra said as she pulled out her lyre and began to play using her element. Lightningdust then shot her element at Luna and so did Trixie.

All the elements came barring down upon Luna who wrapped herself in shadow and disappeared before they could strike. She then materialized in the middle of the group and with one great blast of energy blew them away into the trees almost knocking them out. The girls slowly got back up but they now knew they were too weak to face a force such as Luna.

“What do we do?” Lyra asked Lightningdust.

“I don’t know” she replied.

A sudden net made of shadow wrapped over the girls restricting their movements.

“Well we gave it our best shot” Wildfire replied trying to sound brave but she like the rest of the girls was terrified.

“Thou were right for thou were full of surprises” Luna said. “Our sister will like to hear all about how thou received such gifts.” Luna then looked up to her chariot descending from the sky “worry not, for our sister wants to just talk to thou.”

“I’m sure she does, but I doubt the girls will want to be bored by that old windbag” a sudden voice ranged through the air.

Luna’s shadow holding the girls suddenly was severed setting them free “Who art thou? Speak! Thou who dares speak ill against our beloved sister.”

“Beloved sister?” Gaia laughed materializing between Luna and the girls. “Wasn’t it you that wanted to cast your sister away and bring eternal night?”

“We did, but now we rule with our sister once again. We must ask thou to step away from those girls, we must take them back to Canterlot.”

“Nope.”

“Thou refuse our order?”

“Order all you want doll, but I am not yours to command.”

“Fine, we shall take you in as well, o stallion hidden and cloaked, thou shall not be cloaked for much longer.” Luna burst into a dark blue mist in the air and rushed at Gaia who at the same time dissolved into a green mist. When the two clouds collided there was such an outburst of raw power that it was a miracle the girls weren’t blown away from the blast. Soon the sky was streaked with the two fast paced mists colliding with each other through the air. Sometimes when Gaia or Luna would land a big hit on each other their shapes would appear again before becoming mist again. After a few minutes of this both of them landed on the ground, in their solid states, shooting beams of magic at each other before they stopped.

“Worthy foe thou art” Luna replied. “Who art thou?”

“Like you said, I am he who is hidden and cloaked.”

“Then we shall rip off your cloak for no shadow can withstand our powers” Luna’s magic then pulled the shadow from Gaia’s face revealing its features. His eyes as we know were light brown and his coat could now be seen as green. He had what could be best described as large red scars of glowing soft red plasma on his body one of which ran straight down his right eye. His mane was a mixture of blue and green with cloudy white tips. Gaia had a very handsome face for a stallion and showed confidence though its features.

“How unfortunate” Gaia sighed. He then looked at Luna “Hello Luna.”

“Gaia…no, that’s not possible, can’t be!”

“Guess I can fight for real now, hope those years on the moon haven’t dulled your abilities little Loon.”

Luna gave a shriek and fled from Gaia with all the strength she could muster. Gaia just watched her leave already recalculating his plans based on what happened. “You four had me quite worried” he said looking at the girls “I came as fast as I heard about Trixies and Twilights duel, just glad I made it in time before Luna had a chance to take you to Canterlot. Trying to break you four out would have been a tough one even for me.”

“Master Gaia? Why did Luna flee from you? Trixie asked with a newfound respect for Gaia.

“Because I ate my garlic today that’s why, let’s not doddle shall we? I would hate to be here when the big fish shows up.”

“Who would that be?” Lightningdust asked.

“Discord of course” he then worked his magic around the four girls and teleported them not to the castle but into a bush just outside of Twilights summer home. “Stay here and out of sight” he stated as he grabbed a book from the ground then left the bushes cover. Gaia’s target was obvious to the girls for he made no alterations on his way to the library.

“Halt! Who goes there?” a guard that was stationed at the libraries front door called out to the hooded figure.

“A friend” he answered.

“What’s your purpose, speak!” most ordinary ponies would have been frightened by the booming voice of the guard and fell into its swoon of authority over them. Gaia however was not moved by the guard and held his ground calmly.

“I have come to return a book to the library my good sir.”

“Libraries closed” the guard bluntly stated.

“Please!” he began with some worry now surfacing in his throat. “It’s due today and I have never been late” he took a few steps closer “I must return it today” he stomped his front hoof down on the word today to emphasize its importance.

The guard looked at Gaia and partly rolled his eyes “Fine I will take it in for you citizen” he replied. Gaia then levitated the book to the guard.

“Oh, thank you! I have never been late before and I just couldn’t be late today and break my record. It was quite a challenge to make it here today with the other things that I have to do but made it I did…” The guard just nodded as the Gaia rambled on about perfect attendance and marks as he worked to lower the shield around the libraries entrance.

“There we go” the guard stated to himself as the last barrier fell.

“Good night” Gaia said calmly with a small grin as the book that the guard was holding exploded into an array of dust. The guard gave a short eeap before collapsing onto the floor snoring loudly. It didn’t take Gaia long to drag the guard into the tree house he then motioned the girls to come inside.

“What are we doing?” Lyra asked horrified. “This is breaking and entering we will be arrested if they catch us!”

“We were going to be arrested even before this” Wildfire bluntly stated.

“Oh, yeah.”

“Not while I’m here you won’t” Gaia replied. “Besides were not stealing nothing that doesn’t belong to us already or should I say nothing that doesn’t belong to Trixie” he then held up the Alicorn necklace for them.

“I don’t get it Gaia?” said Trixie.

“This is yours is it not?”

“Well yes, but…”

“Good then take it” he then flung it to Trixie and she caught it.

“Won’t it corrupt me though?” she asked looking at it.

“Not with your level of discipline, besides you’re only going to use it once then it will be quite worthless.”

“What do you…?”

“Lets be off” Gaia cut her off as he grabbed an old book off the mantel, he immediately teleported them to a clearing deep in the woods.

The clearing was thick with fog and clouded their vision that is all but Gaia’s, to the girls he seemed to be on edge, almost agitated by some unknown thought to them. After they waited for what seemed like forever Gaia relaxed “Ok, girls” he said turning to them. “We will make our way to the castle from here. Once they reached the castles gate it was well into the night, once inside Gaia took the old book and plopped onto a couch and started studying it with great curiosity while the girls went to another room.

“I can’t believe that we stole from Twilight! That can’t be right, were fugitives, I knew that this was going to be a bad day, I just knew it!” Lyra whimpered on the verge of crying.

“Is Gaia a bad guy then?” Wildfire asked the group.

“No, he can’t be! He saved us from Luna don’t you remember” Trixie replied. “Besides he was right this necklace is mine, I worked very hard to afford it.”

“What about the book?” Lyra asked. None of the girls had an answer for this.

“What I want to know is what is up with that scar on his eye?” Wildfire replied.

They all looked around the corner to take a look at Gaia as he read the book. This was the first time that any of them have seen any of the features on his face. It was not the hideous face that one would expect to be shrouded but instead it was a very handsome young appearance, rough yes, but handsome. The girls slunk back behind the wall.

“Maybe he was a victim of some great battle?” Lightningdust replied.

“Yes, that might also explain why he isn’t fond of the princesses he must feel that they wronged him or his troops in some way” Lyra replied now fully engulfed into the conversation since it became that of conspiracy.

They all then peeked around the wall again and began staring trying to figure out the mystery that was Gaia. Gaia who knew what they were discussing rolled his eyes and continued reading the book. Finally he was finished and called the girls into the room.

You have a lot of explaining to do Gaia” Lightningdust said as they entered the room.

“Do I?” he replied.

“Were wanted ponies now because of you so yes, I think that you do” the other girls nodded to Lightningdust’s argument.

“I suppose your right, but first we need to help Trixie.”

“What do you mean?” Trixie asked.

“I told you before that I will help you stay on Twilights level if you became my apprentice, did I not?”

“Yes.”

“I was planning to do this when you defeated the alicorn Twilight, however I had a bigger audience in mind than what you had. The way you did it though was very effective in humiliating Twilight and Celestia. For one it made Twilight look like a coward which I suppose was what you were going for” Trixie nodded at this conclusion. Gaia gave a small grin “Your duel also humiliated Celestia who as you could tell by Luna being sent to retrieve you that she was not happy to hear that her star pupil was defeated so easily.” Gaia then walked up to her “You may not realize this but you are the first unicorn in history to defeat an alicorn. You showed Equestria that alicorns can be defeated. As you imagine Celestia could not have this so she sent Luna to fetch you for her. Luckily I knew how she would respond when I heard the news of your duel and just made it to save you four from the dungeons.”

A strange mixture of pride and fear filled Trixie “what should I do now?” she asked.

“Fight.”

“What?!”

“Twilight will challenge you to a rematch and Celestia will have taught her how to block the spell you used on her by then. I would also imagine that since she by now knows that I had a part in this Twilight would have learned a few powerful spells by then as well.”

Trixie was silent for a moment before speaking up “I will not fight her again then.”

“You won’t have a choice Trixie.”

“Luna showed me the debt of an alicorns magic and I cannot defeat Twilight a second time through trickery. I was just lucky that Twilight did not launch an attack.”

“No, you were smart to use her weakness to your advantage” Gaia replied. “This time though she will not fall for such a trick, you will have to match her blow for blow.”

“But I can’t!” Trixie cried. “I don’t want to lose to her again Gaia! I finally just won I don’t want to lose that.”

Gaia gave a soft mile “Neither does anypony else want to lose what they earned, the question is what will you do about Twilights future challenge to keep what you have?”

“What can I do?”

“Become an alicorn and defeat Twilight straight up so there is no doubt.”

Trixie sat there quietly trying to process what Gaia had said “An Alicorn?”

“Yes.”

“How is that possible Gaia” Lightningdust asked “Only a princess can become an alicorn.”

“That is not true, when a pony reaches the height of their power and know who they truly are, then and only then with some magical help can they become an alicorn. It does not matter if one has royal blood or not.” He then looked at the rest of the girls “If you keep up your training and find that magical spark deep inside, you can become an alicorn too.”

They started to whisper amongst themselves “Why wouldn’t Celestia tell us this?” Wildfire asked.

“It’s a conspiracy!” Lyra replied.

“Your right Lyra, it is” Gaia replied to everyponies shock. “The only thing that keeps the royal sisters in power is the mere fact that they are alicorns. Take that away and make everypony an alicorn and they are no longer relevant.” Gaia became solace and looked out the window “She believes that only with a powerful figure head like her reigning indefinitely will there be true peace, even if that means the ponies being mortal.” He looked back at them “I did not agree.”

The ponies stared at him now seeing some hidden truth coming to light one of ancient and significant proportions. Trixie walked up to Gaia “who are you exactly?” she asked.