• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 396 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria Guardian - FlareWing



Alan has been having werid dreams for two months running and has no idea why he been having them. With no luck in life he gets suddenly transported to Equestria. Till he finds a way home he must adapt in pony life and stop a hidden evil in Equestria.

  • ...
7
 8
 396

Chapter 2: Teach Me! Twilight Sparkle

Equestria Guardian

Chapter 2: Teach Me! Twilight Sparkle

So there I was, standing in a cell looking at a purple unicorn wearing a saddlebag with star mark tattoo that appeared in my dreams so many times. I wanted to believe again that I was dreaming but I reminded myself the pain I felt in that forest.

“Can you understand me?”

I nodded slowly as she took a step forward. For unknown reason I took a step backwards only to have the wall stop me. I didn’t know why I so afraid of her. Was it because of her mark, her being a talking unicorn or was it something deep down.

“Don’t be afraid, am not going to hurt you”

She walked up towards the bars and kept her eyes on me. I took a deep breath calming my nerves.

“You’re not?”

She was surprised as if she didn’t expect me to talk but none the less that only lasted a few seconds.

“You can talk fascinating”

All of the sudden a notepad and quill floated out of her saddlebag and went in front of her as the quill started writing. It was also glowing in a lavender aura. I was very curios as I stepped away from the wall and walked towards the bars. It seems my fear vanished without a trace as if it wasn’t there at all. The notepad floated down a little as the unicorn watched me.

“How are you doing that? How are you making it float like that?”

She smiled at me as the quill stopped writing and floated next to the notepad.

“It’s a spell called levitation. It’s a very basic spell that all unicorns have. Have you not seen this before?”

“No never. I only see stuff like that on TV”

“TV? What’s a TV?”

When she asked that question I realised I was no longer on earth. I guess I would have realised a bit sooner when I saw a group of ponies walking around but then the thought never came to me. Still I answered her question.

“It’s hard to explain but it’s a device that broadcast images on a black box”.

She looked confused but that didn’t stop the quill as she focused writing it down. I took this chance to ask a question of my own.

“Why am I behind bars? I did nothing wrong but defend myself from being attacked.”

"I disagree with you completely, when the guard asked and warned you to head back you should have done so or at least spoke so as you quite clearly can do, the guard pony was doing his duty and believed yourself to be a threat to ponyville"

I sat down at least be in eye level with her.

“But I swear I wasn’t going to hurt anybody there, in fact I was there to ask for help”

She stopped writing and looked towards me.

“For help? Then why didn’t you say so to the guardspony”.

“I was about too but he attacked me before I got a word in and I was trying to defend myself”.

“Then why did you try to attack the other guardspony if you were only defending yourself?”

“Well………..I guess I panicked”

I could tell she didn’t believe me. I mean if I said that to the police they think am a suspect who tried to talk his way out of a crime he committed.

"Well why ever you did what you did, either if it was self-defence or something else you still went as far as to attack a guard pony instead of explaining yourself straight away to them. You are lucky you were not taken away to Canterlot castle for now you are currently in a simple ponyville jail area which we rarely find the need to use as a rule. Count yourself lucky your still in ponyville".

I went silent. I didn’t know how she did it but I was now feeling guilty of my actions. Every time I feel this way I always want to try to make things right and I always start with a deep breath. She kept her eyes locked on me as I lifted my head to speak.

“I like to apologize to the pony I attacked and pay for my crime in any way possible”

She was surprised but she formed a smile towards me

“That’s very noble of you but how do I know that you’re not faking this just to escape”

I looked around and I noticed a rope at the corner at my cell. I walked up to it and threw the rope to the unicorn and placed my arms together.

“Tie my arms up and keep the spell that makes me float in mid-air ready. Just In case I try to escape”

She looked at me as I was crazy but her smile returned.

"Why would I need to do such a thing when I, a unicorn can stop you in an instant with magic? The magic you witnessed earlier would be the levitation spell I had recently explained to you. The guard pony in question is not far, I can call him here so you may speak with him yourself. I believe that to be best at this situation you are currently in"

“Thank you uh…….Oh am sorry I don’t know your name”

She smiled as she levitated her notebook back in her saddlebag

“My name is Twilight Sparkle it’s nice to meet you”

I smiled I didn’t think I would befriend a unicorn but none of the less it happened

“My name Alan Thomas and its really nice meeting you too”.

_______________

I don’t know how long time passed after Twilight left but I had no choice but to wait but it gave me lots of time to think about my situation. I know that I was no longer on Earth and I was in a place called Ponyville. Magic and magical creatures are real and I was a great test subject for that.

Now am behind bars for one mistake but in the bright side I made a friend or at least I think I made a friend in Twilight. But one thing for sure, I was curious about magic in this world and if I can get out of this cell without charge then I will try to learn as much as I can about it.

I then heard the door open and both ponies walked around the corner. The guardspony looked at me with an annoyed expression. I smiled small and summoned the courage inside me. Twilight walked besides him in till both of them stopped in front of me.

"This person named Alan wishes to tell you something important to you and I believe you should hear him out Silver Shield"

The pony just stared at me as I cleared my throat.

“Am really sorry about punching you in the face and I hope that you forgive me of my actions. I promise it will never happen again”

He continued to stare at me but then he spoke.

“Twilight Sparkle has informed me about your panic attack and you wish to pay for your crime. Is that right?”

I nodded as my reply. I didn’t know what I was getting charged with but I hope this will be my first step to recover my first impressions to these ponies. I just hope it didn’t involve me staying behind bars for a whole year. Sliver Shield lowered his head and had his horn pointed towards me. I began to panic again.

“Don’t worry it’s not going to hurt you”

Twilight said calming my nerves but didn’t get rid of them. Gold aura surrounded me and then few seconds it disappeared.

“What just happened?”

“You been punished”

Sliver said as I had a blank look on my face as Twilight giggled.

“It’s a tracking spell. The spell will last for 5 days straight and if you don’t do anything else to break a law during those days then you be fine but if you do”

“I will teleport near you and apprehend you and this time you will be sent to Canterlot to be punished by our fair princess and I assure you she won’t go easy on you.”

I gulped after hearing Sliver Shield words as he opened the door.

“You’re free to go and explore Ponyville but don’t forget what I said to you”

I walked out the cell and smiled. As long I don’t cause trouble I should be fine but I did wonder why they were letting me off easy as to them am a total stranger but I was grateful. Now that I had my freedom I didn’t know where to start learning about magic.

"Alan, now that you are being watched but still free to do what you please, I wish you to come with me to my library since we won’t want you getting lost. We can talk along the way and I have so many more questions for you

"Twilight looked at me with a pleading smile. I found her cute the way she was and I did owe her one for getting the guard. She also mentioned her library maybe I can learn more about magic there.

“Sure I don’t see a downside here”

“Oh thank you thank you, this will be fun for the both of us. We can both learn about each other in so many ways. Oh I can’t wait to get started, let’s be on our way”.

Twilight went on ahead towards the exit and I followed her but I stopped and turn back to Sliver Shield.

“Thanks and sorry again, I promise I won’t cause any more trouble”

“Be sure that you don’t”

______________

As I walked with Twilight heading towards the library, I couldn’t help and watch all the ponies that I pass by staring at me. Usually I wouldn’t mind the attention but I couldn’t help think that some might be scared or have some hatred towards me after my little incident. I then turned my attention to Twilight. I don’t think she noticed ever since I left ponyville jailhouse she been muttering to herself. Probably thinking up questions she wanted to ask me. I looked down trying to avoid eye contact with other ponies.

“Is something wrong?”

I looked at Twilight as I see concern in her eyes.

“Have you noticed the other ponies watching me?”

Twilight looked around and noticed some turning their heads away just as Twilight looked.

“It’s because they never seen anyone of your kind before which leads me to my question what do you call your species?”

“Human”

Twilight brought out her notepad and quill and started writing.

“And am guessing that you’re not from our world right? Otherwise we would have noticed before”

I nodded as a reply as I watch the sky and noticed more ponies in the sky.

“So what’s your world called and how many humans are there?”

“It’s called earth and there are billions of humans living there”

Twilight stopped shocked as I turned back just to watch her.

“That many, that’s really unbelievable”

I smiled and answered

“It’s true believe me we have different countries in my world so all of us can live and work”

“Fascinating I would never imagine there be so many of you”

Twilight walked beside me again continuing our journey to her home.

“So I have to ask you, what do you call you’re world?”

“Our world is called Equestria, home to most ponies, griffons, donkeys and dragons”

It was my turn to stop and be shocked.

“Dragons, and Griffons. They exist here too”

Twilight looked back and smiled back at me.

"Of cause we have dragons and griffons living here in equestria, my assistant is in fact a baby dragon, though griffons you might happen to see up in the sky above ponyville, you would be lucky to see any fully grown dragons as they usually avoid ponies and other creatures since they prefer solitude, my assistant is different however"

I walked besides her again

“Wow they myths or legends in my world, the only time I see them are in movies. Wait you have a baby dragon?”

"That is correct Alan he is my friend as well as assistant named Spike. He gets along well with most so I am sure he will be just as interested in meeting with you as I was when I first saw you"

I smiled, in fact I was excited meeting Spike. I never thought that I meet a baby dragon but then again I didn’t think I be trapped in a world filled with magical creatures. Geeks and nerds would kill to be in a world like this.

“Here we are welcome to golden oak library”

My thoughts were broken as I stared at some sort of tree house. I chuckled lightly and was impressed how it looked.

“I have to admit, this is a good looking Library”

“If you’re impressed on the outside wait till you see the inside, believe me its breath taken”

Twilight opened the door with her magic as I followed behind her. I had to lower my head just to enter, when inside I saw so many books surrounding me on each wall. It wasn’t even close to me as breath taken as twilight put it unless you know someone whose life involves books.

“Amazing sight to behold right”

Twilight smiled at me watching my expression. I smiled back

“It certainly something to see”

"Relax and make yourself comfortable while you are here, could I offer you anything perhaps while I am not so busy?"

“Yes please, water will do nicely”

"Alright, I shall not be long, take a look around since this is a library, just do treat the books with care while you handle them"

Twilight walked into a room that I assume was the kitchen leaving me alone. I took the time to look at the books on the shelves and one caught my attention and I took that book out to look at it.

“Daring do? Huh a pony version of Indiana Jones”

I placed the book back and looked at any book explaining about magic or tell me about different spells. I looked at every column but most I found were fiction stories and nonfiction stories. I was about to give up when I noticed a certain title on the book. Basic spells for the young minds by Miss Pinkhorn.

I took the book out and started reading, at the same time Twilight walking out of the kitchen levitating two cups. Twilight noticed me reading as she placed the cups on the table.

“I see your reading Basic spells for the young minds. I read it so many times when I was a young filly.”

I looked up towards Twilight as I walked towards the table and sat on one of the cushions as I continued to read the book.

“It still hard for me to believe that magic really exists here, I really like to learn much as I can about it”

Twilight sat on the cushion on the other end of the table giggling on my comment.

“You almost remind me of myself when I was just a young filly, I wanted to learn everything I could about magic after I saw princess Celestia raise up the sun”

I stopped reading and looked at Twilight

“Your princess can control the sun. That’s unbelievable. That is something I must see.”

Twilight giggled again.

“Am afraid that won’t be happening till the next summer sun celebration and that was a week ago. You have to wait a full year to see her actually do it.”

I was disappointed, I wanted to see her princess rise up the sun but knowing that wasn’t going to happen for a long time I won’t be able to see it. I then thought about my family again. I didn’t want to stay here a full year just because of that.

“Alan? Are you okay? You kind of blanked out there”

“Sorry Twilight but I have an important question to ask you”

“Okay ask away”

“Can you or your princess sent me home, back to my world”

Twilight ears fell as she showed a saddened look

“Have I offended you of any kind, if so am sorry I didn’t mean too”

“No Twilight you been awesome to me, it’s just am worried about my family and friends. They must be really worried about me”

Twilight walked up towards me and placed her hoof on my leg

“Am sorry I didn’t think about your family at all but to answer your question am not sure. The thought about world travel is still a mystery to me and am not so sure that the princess herself knows”

I looked down saddened. Am I stuck here forever, am I never able to see my family smiling faces again or never prove to my friends that I can survive even without them.

“But! it’s sure worth a try”

I looked up towards her gentle eyes and her smile. Twilight must have known how important this is to me.

“I contact the princess as soon Spike returns gathering supplies so in till then don’t lose hope and let’s go back talking about our worlds”.

I smiled and nodded as I wipe my eyes dry.

“Thank you Twilight, so what do you want to know”

______________

So hours passed by as we talked about our worlds. From me I told Twilight about technology, Cars, Mobile Phones, Computers and even the internet. I also told her earth’s history about discovering lands and famous people in its time. In return Twilight told me about magic and explained to me how it works in Equestria.

She explained to me that earth ponies are more connected to nature, animals and plants. Pegasi ponies have ability’s to walk on clouds and control the weather. I already know about the unicorns and their ability to control magic.

Twilight then told me about Nightmare Moon, the events that happened to her and her friends. She told me that she and her friends were welders of the elements of harmony and used them to defeat Nightmare Moon and brought back Celestia’s sister Luna. She then told me that she been assigned to learn the magic of friendship and sent letters to Celestia and to tell her of Twilight’s findings.

I noticed outside that the sun was setting and that’s when the door opened. That’s when I saw a baby dragon that I assume was Spike. He was carrying bags of supplies as he walked in some even covering his face.

“Twilight I’m back. I got bunch of fresh ink, papers and more quills like you asked”

Twilight walked up towards Spike helping the little guy out with the bags as she levitated some of him

“Thank you Spike, now I won’t run out of these for another 6 months”

“I also heard about some monster that entered Ponyville and attacked Sliver but he and the others locked that monster up”

Spike says as he walks past me not noticing me at all. I rolled my eyes and Twilight made an apologetic face as Spike continued to talk

“It must have been a weak monster if it didn’t need the elements of harmony”

“Am not that weak”

Spike stopped and slowly turned his head towards me as I just waved at him with a grin on my face.

“Ahhhhh Twilight that monster here quick and get the others and use the elements or something big and flashy”

Twilight laughed a little as she walked towards me and Spike.

“It’s okay Spike as far as I can tell he not going to hurt anypony and we have been chatting about the differences of our two worlds for a good few hours now”.

I got up and went down to Spike’s level. Spike took a step backwards a little when I came closer.

“Hi Spike my name is Alan and it is pretty cool that I get to meet a dragon. Well a baby dragon but still cool”

“Uh okay, hi there”

I rubbed my head not sure if Spike liked me or not.

“Spike get the quill and paper ready for my letter to the princess”

Spike nodded and took a quill and paper

“Dear princess Celestia, Today a few young friends all learned that even when there is not much to go around they must not fight over how little there is but must share it out. Sharing is a strong aspect of friendship. Also I have found information that there are other worlds as well as our own since I happened to meet with this human named Alan. I for now will continue to study his behaviour and learn from him. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle”

Spike rolled up the paper and breathed green flames and the just recently wrote letter vanished before their eyes. This surprised me.

“What you do that for! You burned up the letter!”

Twilight and Spike looked at each other and both laughed.

“What’s so funny?”

“Spike didn’t burn the letter Alan, Spike here is a magical dragon and his green flames can instantly send my letters straight to the princess in Canterlot”

I felt dumb again forgetting the fact the world I was in had magic. Twilight turned her attention to Spike.

“Okay time for you to get some rest Spike so you can get up early in the morning to help me”

“Okay Twilight”

Spike yawned as he began to walk upstairs

“It’s nice to meet you too uh Alan. I see you in the morning”

I watched Spike walk upstairs as the thought of me that I have nowhere to sleep but that’s when I saw Twilight walking up towards me.

“I know what you are thinking and I already got some room done for you to rest while I doing that drink for you”

“You knew I be spending the night here didn’t you?”

Twilight smiled at me.

“Of cause since it is obviously that you got nowhere else to spend the night”

I smiled at her, before I even asked and she already was taken care of me and I was happy knowing I was going to be okay. Then all of the sudden a green flash from upstairs appeared suddenly.

“Oh the Princess quickly responded to my letter”

“That was fast”

Spike walked downstairs with the scroll in his hands.

“Twi this is for you”

Spike yawned as Twilight levitated the scroll and began reading it. I watched impatiently wondering what it was telling her. She then looked towards me.

“Well? What did it say?”

“She wants to see you as soon as you settle into Ponyville, she will wait until you are ready”

I was surprised that the princess wants to meet me so quick. It made me wonder if she saw humans before or the fact she was curious about me the same with Twilight. Either way I wanted to meet her myself hoping the fact that she can send me home. I then suddenly yawned not releasing how tried I was.

“Oh you must be exhausted form everything that has happened today, forgive me Alan I as caught up in my excitement of meeting with you that I forgot you must be very tired from today”.

“It’s cool Twilight I even forgot myself, if it’s okay with you I think I will turn in now to sleep”

“Very well Alan have a good night’s sleep”

I walked upstairs and saw the mattress on the floor next to Spike who was already asleep in his basket. I smiled and lay down on the mattress. My last thoughts before I fell asleep was how lucky I ended up in a friendly area and have a good friend to look after me. Still deep down I wonder how my mum or even my dad are up too. I hoped they were okay and not
panicking or anything else worse.

With those thoughts in mind I slowly drift asleep wondering what the next day had in store for me.

END OF CHAPTER

Author's Note:

Chapter 3 is on its way but as usual, tell me what you think in the comment section and let me know of any mistakes or your own review.

Comments ( 6 )

Alan has been having werid dreams and having no success in life. Now he finds himself in Equestria to save it from dark forces to become Equestria Guardian.

Yea, moar liek wet dreams about going to Equestria, lol.

Before I could question what was happening a guards pony kicked me in the face and then blackness.

A kick in the head from a pony resulting in loss of conscious mean insta-death.


And overall it's the ultra-classical HiE story, with a bland and unrealisitc acting character don't giving a fuck about anything but being THE CHOSEN ONE, able to pull anything from his ass in order to save the world.

You managed to add most of the stupider clichés ( , timberwolves, bucked in the head, coming from a portal, sucky life, chosen one, EVIL !!!! ), without a lick of originality inside.

3509994
Then can I ask how you can just simply knock out a human. Thats what I was going for and I galdly change it just make sense in that regard :twilightblush:

3510788

Unicorn guard using a stun or sleep spell ?

Or a Pegasi guard using a net to capture the character ? Or using a special cloud like a Taser to subdue him ( brutal, but efficient ) ?

Or an Earth pony guard wrestling the character and subduing him ( and the exhaustion can finish him off ) ?

Or the character manage to flee, but drop from exhaustion or blood loss ( if you want to wound him ), or fall in a cold river and suffer from hypothermia after being retrieved later by guards.

You don't have to make the character unconscious, dunno why every authors want to knock the MC off at the start of every story.

3510950
I liked thoes ideas and I simply forgot that he was facing off unicorns. Thanks for letting me know I simply change his KO with a sleep spell.

3510974

A sleep spell seems way better if you want the MC to help the ponies realisticaly. Because after having your skull broken by a pony, I doubt you'll be eager to help them this fast. I know I'm going to hold a grudge against something that tried to kill me in the past.

Login or register to comment