• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 19,682 Views, 199 Comments

SCP-███ - Journeyman



Why does Equestria seem so peaceful? Because it's our job to lock up all the monsters. Behind our walls lie demons, darkness, and all the keys to set them loose. Welcome to the Foundation.

  • ...
15
 199
 19,682

SCP-223-EX — Burning Stone

Item #: SCP-223-EX

Object Class: Safe Explained

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-223’c containment in Site-██ is composed of the following:

- A Primary Containment Zone (PCZ)
- A one hundred (100) meter access shaft

The PCZ is a 5x5x5 steel chamber lined with twelve (12) inches of lead and sealed with a lead-lined steel blast door requiring two Level 3 personnel to open.

The top of the lift contains a medical center which any and all personnel and D-Class working with SCP-223 must visit for decontamination. The center must carry replacement clothing, an incinerator, and an operational freezer unit containing enough product (kelp) capable of resisting SCP-223’s effects. All clothing and accessories must be immediately incinerated. Failure to do so is grounds for immediate termination. Violators will be incinerated. No physical interaction with SCP-223 is allowed at any time. No SCP is allowed contact with SCP-223.

Should SCP-223 ever need to be moved offsite, all non-standard personnel must evacuate while the item is moved by D-Class personnel. All personnel must maintain a minimum one hundred (100) meter distance with it at all times while in transit.

SCP-223-EX is to be placed in a secure storage vault in Site-██ when not undergoing research. SCP-223-EX is to be contained in a cube of lead no less than fourteen (14) inches thick when not undergoing research. Those exposed to SCP-223-EX’s energy particle emissions must have their clothes and current belongings incinerated and be placed in Type-3 Quarantine until recovery is assured.

Biohazard Containment gear has been updated to ward off further energy particle radiation similar to that produced by SCP-223-EX. Type-1 Hazmat gear has proven sufficient to shield even the most concentrated doses produced by the artifact.

Description: SCP-223-EX is a medium sized ignatius meteorite weighing 253.73 kg. The meteorite is composed of several elements including iron and nickel (94% of total composition) and several unknown elements (~6% of total composition). SCP-223-EX is otherwise physically unremarkable. Missing elements identified. Names Pending.

SCP-223-EX’s missing elements produce a form of ionized particles that are extremely deleterious to organic flesh. The most susceptible body cells are those that undergo rapid cellular division including: hair follicles, reproductive organs, and gastrointestinal cells.

SCP-223 carries a hazardous aura to all organic life in its presence. Even marginal time in the vicinity induces several flu-like symptoms including:

- Nausea
- Vomiting
- Fever
- Headache
- Diarrhea

More severe symptoms are incurred due to prolonged exposure or closer proximity to SCP-223-EX such as:

- Bone marrow decay
- Anemia
- Decreased lymphocytes
- Seizures
- Skin contusions akin to chemical burns
- Acute fatigue
- Hemolytic hemorrhaging
- High fever
- Weakened immune system
- Death

Ingesting kelp or spirulina has proven to help combat the sickness induced from the artifact, but it is not a cure.

A file containing procedures for antibiotic synthesis, blood products, and home therapy has been submitted to all Foundation medical databases.

Lead has proven a reliable deterrent to combat SCP-223-EX’s aura, but the phenomenon has a “clinging” effect on all substances in its presence. All clothing, artifacts, or research notes must be incinerated immediately to prevent exposure. All research notes must therefore be memorized.

Containment History: The Foundation received a report from field agent ████ ██████ concerning the deaths of several ponies in the town of ████████. Researching local history, ████ discovered lore concerning a witch that would kill all who entered her forest. Believing a possible SCP to be responsible, he requested a task force to be dispatched and assist.

Mobile Task Force Delta-7 “Back in the Outback” sweeped the forest and detected no anomalous artifacts or entities. Upon making camp near a crater, a member of Delta-7 started complaining of stomach pains before bleeding from his ████ and ████. Agent ████ searched the crater, discovering SCP-223-EX. Upon feeling similar symptoms, ████ called for a Type-2 Biohazard recovery team and secured SCP-223-EX. Agent ████ perished from his sickness. The item was safely recovered shortly after.

Addendum 223-873-1: I wonder if there is any means possible to weaponize SCP-223-EX to terminate more dangerous SCP subjects. We may have quite the death ray on our hooves. Just think of the possibilities.
~Dr. Salizar

Addendum 223-873-2: [DATA EXPUNGED]

Addendum 223-873-3: Doctor Salizar is barred from further experimentation with SCP-223-EX.
~Site Director Belladona

Addendum 223-873-4: Doctor Salizar is also forbidden from requesting anypony or anyone to do anything with SCP-223-EX ever.
~Site Director Belladona


SCP Foundation Homesite
Editors: Trachyon, Softy8088