• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 949 Views, 19 Comments

The Days When it was Innocence - Foxes33



Could it really be true? Has the sweetest pony in Ponyville commited the crime of murder. When Rarity is found dead, a pink hair is found in the crime scene, and now Fluttershy has been acused as the murderer.

  • ...
3
 19
 949

Back to Fear

4. Back to Fear

There was a rush of hooves pounding the floor, they wanted everyone to go out into the cold, for they believe the criminal was back at the crime scene. The hallways were cluttered with a few cops, for it was the night shift and mist were told to go home. Fall and Case waited for the traffic to die down, when the hallways cleared more, they entered, following there fellow police.

There talk wasn't yet over, this was just an interruption, that was serious, if it was the criminal and not a curious little pony. However there was a call and they were to answer, just in case it was true. Fall and Case were side by side, there shoulders touching well the left the station and let the could air nip at them. The stars gleamed in the sky and the moon made it harder to see them.

"Do you think it could be her, Fluttershy I mean?" Case asked, before they were to start moving faster again.

Fall just looked at him. "I don't know, who would know? It could just be an overreaction from shock for all we know."

Case just nodded in reply as they began to move, catching up to the others so they wouldn't be separated from them. The group was of 11, including Blue who was leading them towards the boutique at a fast pace, he clearly wanted it all to be done soon. All ears were filled with the sounds of hooves on the dirt path. Many ponies seemed surpirsed that a gruesome murder like this had happened in this small town.

After a few minutes, they arrived at the boutique and were able to see a pony inside, however she had gone out the wind, only Blue noticed and stopped everyone.

"Pegasi, you all cover the air, we will go on ground pursuit, go go." Blue demanded.

The ground force ran after the criminal and the air force, flying, not swooping unless she was to take off. Case moved around, wanting to see who and when he did get a look, he could see it was Fluttershy, for a second he wanted to stop, but he knew this could be true. He ran sideways, over to Fall, but yet he knew he shouldn't stop him, so he didn't speak.

Soon he looked up to see Everfree Forest, then out of no where, everyone sped up, as though trying to be that person to win a race, but she soon went in and Blue ordered everyone to stop.

"She isn't gone yet, Pegasi, make sure she doesn't fly away," He said, waiting until they took off, "The rest of you, get in there and find her."

One had a gaped mouth. "But Everfree Forest is dangerous." He protested.

"Well do you want to be next on her kill list, now get in there!" Blue demanded, entering himself.

Fall seemed to hesitate, as though he no longer cared about his job. Case looked at him and walked by his side.

"Come on Fall, we had... early experience you could say." Case said, trying to calm him.

This was like staring fear in the face, even if it was from the past. They entered, running, trying to find out where Fluttershy had gone. Fall soon caught a glimpse of her.

"There! You go the other way, cut her off." Fall said, running ahead.

Case nodded and went the other way, running fast, but she turned sharply and he lost visual.

Fall didn't have much luck, he was in a clearing and he faced the direction she was in, and then a rustle. He smiled, until he found, it was just Case who had wound up in a circle.

"Case you know where she is?" Fall asked.

However Case saw something Fall didn't, he was just out of the way and could just see it.

"Fall look out!" Case yelled, but soon something came down and Fall was knocked out, the pony saw Case and ran.

"Fall?" Case said, testing if he was okay, but there was no answer from Fall.

That was when Case saw the few drops of blood and knew, that he could no long pursuit who was believed to be Fluttershy. The red mare from before heard and landed beside him, she just nodded, helping him get Fall on his back. She led the way out, mostly because she saw it from the skies.

When they came out, no one questioned and Fall was taken to the hospital.

The Next Day

Fall was in the hospital bed while Case waited in the hall in hopes he would wake up, the red mare soon arrived. The white hospital walls seemed to sting eyes, and the seats weren't comfortable. Case waited outside the room, waiting for a nurse to say it was okay to come in.

"Your here early." The red mare said with a smirk, but Case didn't respond, only a snore escaped him.

The mare sighed and shook him, he awakened with a jolt.

"Oh, uh hey." Case said, yawning afterwards.

"Whats up? Why are you here so early?" The mare asked, giving a questioning look.

"Why aren't you?" He retorted.

"So I hardly know this guy and that's the first thing you ask?" The mare laughed at his retort.

"I am here because he... was my friend. I could have stopped him from getting hurt and I didn't okay?" He paused, realizing he still didn't know the mare's name, "What is your name anyways?"

"Rose." She said so quietly so not many could hear.

"What? I can't hear you, speak up." Case said.

"Rose. My mom wanted me to be sweet and gentle." She replied.

He looked at her confused, "But all roses have thorns," He said smirking, as though happy to get something right.

Rose just glared at him, as though mad he got the one up on her, "Anyways, what's your friend's name?" She asked, curious.

"His full name is Falling Rocks, but everyone calls him Fall." Already knowing who she was talking about.

She nodded, trying to get comfortable on the hospital seats, it was hard, they were hard like rocks.

"Do you think he will wake up soon?" She asked.

"I don't know, the nurse doesn't want to let me in until he is starting to come around." Case answered, and there they sat, silent.