• Published 24th Sep 2013
  • 783 Views, 6 Comments

Letters - jtc09999



Some memories never die, and Twilight relives those memories, and uncovers mysteries, with letters.

  • ...
0
 6
 783

Letter 1 - Spike

By the time you read this, I’ll be gone. It’ll be hard, but I have faith in you, Twilight. You raised me from when I was just an infant, a newborn. You loved me and cared for me like your own child, even though we are greatly different. I remember all of our times together, like the bad times, like when I was teased by the other colts, and you comforted me, and the good times, like when we first moved here to Ponyville.

I always thought that deep down inside, you didn’t like me. Most other ponies don’t like that I'm a dragon, because we usually grow up to be greedy and sneaky thefts, but you said different about me. You said I had a big heart, a kind of heart a dragon would NEVER have. You say it was because I wasn't raised around other dragons, who would teach me to be greedy, but raised around ponies, who mostly have hearts of gold. I say that it was you, Twilight. You helped me learn what it means to be kind, to be generous. You taught me not only the magic of friendship, but the magic of love.

You have the biggest and most beautiful heart out of all of the other ponies I know. Even Rarity can’t compete with your compassion. You never think of yourself, but for those you care for. That’s why everypony looks up to you Twilight. Everypony loves you for who you are, and so do I. You’re the element of magic, Celestia’s hoof picked student, after all. No pony else would expect less.

I never thought the day would come. When I was told about it, I cried and cried. Never in front of you, of course, because I was told to never let you know. But, eventually, I pushed it off to the side and forgot about it, living my life like nothing bad could ever happen. When I was told the day was near, I was so devastated that I couldn't do anything proactive, which also explains my “Unexplained sickness”, as you called it. Hehe, I can still imagine you running around the library, mane messy, and books everywhere trying to find a cure.

Anyway, I spread the word to the others, and they got prepared to… well, I can’t tell you what they prepared to do, but being the Twilight I know, you’ll figure it out sooner or later. All of the other girls wrote their letters to you, including Celestia, and, before we left, I put them in the mailbox. I put mine first, hoping you’d read it first.

I don’t have much time left. The end for me and the others is near, and I must go. Twilight, I love you. You are like a mother to me, and it hurts to leave you with many questions and a broken heart, but it is for your benefit. Please, never forget me. Never forget I love you, Twilight Sparkle.

With love from your faithful assistant and son,

Spike

-----------------

After Twilight had finished, she realized that she had cried another bucket of tears. Spike’s letter was indeed the first letter she had read out of all seven, and was grateful she had. It warned her of what was to come, and what would come in the later years. She had read it over and over again until she memorized it, and cherished this letter in her heart. She would never forget that baby dragon, no matter what spell she would cast or what would be casted upon her. Her love for him was so deep and so wife, that is would be impossible to forget Spike.

Twilight wiped her nose with her hoof, picked up a letter with three apples as the sticker, opened it, and began to read it.

Author's Note:

I almost started crying while writing this :(
Sorry about not updating Life's Last Breath! I really wanted to write a sad fic, but i'll try and upload LLL soon! :D