• Published 27th Sep 2013
  • 1,648 Views, 30 Comments

Diamond Days - Bysen



Your standard Diamond Tiara redemption story but with a twist. And that twist is that it's actually about Twist.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,648

Bargaining

She stood out front of the room for nearly half an hour, wondering if she should go in anyway or just return to the classroom. Diamond Tiara could’ve sworn she’d heard her name at least once through the door. Eventually though, she decided to just return to the classroom. But instead of entering, she just kept walking on past. Nopony noticed as she left the school for the second day in a row.

This was easily the worst she’d ever felt. And she’d felt it for two days now. Diamond just wanted to go home, wait for Daddy to come home too and then go out shopping, buy something to take her mind away from all this. Maybe a few things, maybe a lot of things. Or maybe just go home and cry in her bed just like she had done last night.

As she walked home, DT couldn’t help but notice something about this particular spot as she passed by. It wasn’t anything special, it was just some spot on her way home that she passed everyday to and from school. Halfway between home and Sweet Apple Acr… this was where she’d spoken to Twist yesterday. Though ‘spoken’ wasn’t what it had really been.

Diamond Tiara stopped in place, a few steps away from where she’d stood yesterday and stared at the empty air where Twist had been. She’d told Twist such horrible things. Things that may’ve been the last words the filly had ever heard before she was killed. But that wasn’t the reason Diamond remembered the spot.

What had jogged her memory was Sweet Apple Acres, and the letter that Twist had been going to give to Apple Bloom. DT quickly ran towards the bush she’d thrown the scrunched letter, hoping to find at. It wasn't, but she found it shortly after, not far from the bush she’d tossed it in. Unscrunching the envelope, she began to open it. If what she had said to Twist the day earlier had been the last thing she’d heard, then these may be the last words she’d have said.



Apple Bloom,
We were once friends. Thank you for putting up with somepony like me.
I must’ve annoyed you so much but you still hung around me.
I can’t blame you for stopping though, I guess I would’ve too if I had made better friends.
You’re more beautiful than I am. Smarter. And even with your accent you still speak better than I do.
Maybe Diamond Tiara’s right. I don’t have anything to live for. Maybe I should just kill myself like she said.
What do I mean maybe? If you’re reading this then I’m already dead.
I’m truly grateful you ever let me hang out with you and I’m happy that I was able to call you my friend. Even if only for a short time.
I hope you get your Cutie Mark soon, I know you will.
Goodbye.
Twist

Diamond Tiara stood there staring at the letter. She’d been focused on what she’d said to Twist yesterday that she’d forgotten about what she’d said the day before. ‘Ugly, stupid and can’t even speak properly. You’ve got nothing to live for. Why don’t you just kill yourself and get it over with?’ Before this Diamond had only thought that she’d insulted her, assumed she’d been killed or died in an accident. But now… “I… I killed her…”

~ ~

Silverspoon took off the moment she heard that Cheerilee thought Diamond Tiara was with the other five. Unlike DT, Silverspoon still had the day before last’s conversation in her head, though she too assumed Twist had died by accidental means, but there was still a thread of doubt in her mind over it. Before Diamond had left the classroom, she’d even said ‘I can’t believe she got killed.’

Silverspoon’s only guess as to where Diamond Tiara was, was at her house. She sprinted there as fast as she could, arriving there in ten minutes flat, completely out of breath. She was panting heavily as she knocked on the door. Silverspoon didn’t have time to catch her breath however as what little breath she could muster was used to call out “Diamond Tiara! It’s me, open up!” but got no response.

Silverspoon didn’t know for sure if Diamond was even there but she kept on knocking and calling for her friend. She was beyond worried. She’d never expected her to take anything this hard. The filly hadn’t seemed to even have taken their fight yesterday this hard. Silverspoon eventually stopped hollering and started to think. She knew there was an emergency key nearby somewhere.

After searching around for a short while, she eventually found it by the back door, hidden literally right under the door handle, and she only found it because she was shorter than the handle was high: seeing right underneath it. Silverspoon opened it up and walked in, calling out once more “Diamond Tiara! Mister Rich?! I’m coming in!” she announced, her voice clearly coming from inside now.

“Go away!” came Diamond’s voice from upstairs. Silverspoon went up them and found another obstacle, this one she couldn’t get past however. DT’s door was closed and locked. She approached the door and knocked. “I said go away!” Diamond Tiara yelled through the door once more. Now that she was closer to her friend’s room, she could easily tell that she was crying as she spoke.

“I’m not going anywhere!” Silverspoon called back. “We need to talk…” she added. For all Silverspoon knew, Diamond Tiara still thought they were fighting. Her friend didn’t need that right now on top of this. “I’m not mad at you anymore. I’m sorry I said all that stuff!” but it didn’t help anything. In fact it only made things worse.

The fight they’d gotten into was about Diamond not saying sorry. Because she hadn’t said anything that wasn’t true and didn’t have anything to be sorry for. And she hadn’t said anything about Twist that wasn't true... and yet this was all her fault. “I killed her Sil! She’s dead because I told her to kill herself! You know it too.”

“It’s not your fault! We don’t even know how she died. She could’ve been eaten for all we kn…” Silverspoon stopped abruptly as a ruffled piece of paper slipped under the door.

“She killed herself! She killed herself because I told her to!” and just like Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon could only read the first half of the letter, stopping and staring at where it mentioned Diamond Tiara’s name. It was confirmation that Twist had taken her own life. But it was more as well. There was the outside chance that something else had driven her to it. But then there was being mentioned by name in a suicide note.

Neither said another word to each other through the door. There was no denying now that Diamond Tiara was responsible for Twist’s death.

Author's Note:

I'm back! Sorry about that month absence. I had to go off and do this!
This chapter would've been out LAST week but my comp died while uploading th^is and thus resulted in this...

Ok, 'Bargaining' doesn't really fit this chapter to well but from here out the names will be the 5 stages of grief.