• Published 20th Sep 2013
  • 1,028 Views, 90 Comments

Unraveling - Reaps



Rainbow Dash's death begins to set in on Scootaloo, and her sanity becomes more and more questionable.

  • ...
11
 90
 1,028
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 19 )

Is there going to be a sequel to explain all this thisness? :applejackconfused:

4036185 Technically, there's sort of already a sequel. I kinda goof'd and forgot to edit it into the other. Gimme a quick sec.

Much better then the first ending you have. Left us with an empty pit of wonder, and enough taste for more to continue with Shadow Changeling. I feel that this chapter ran smooth and had structure compared to what you had before. Nice work and looking for more.

4041677 There will be plenty if I ever stop putting off the big one.

4145560 I'm seriously just going to assume that's a compliment on some aspect of my story, as somehow I'm unable to comprehend your wording. I'm sure it's only me, but the fact remains.

God damn it! That's not a fucking ending!



... That aside, would you like a review?

4150462 :rainbowderp: Oh, uh, sure. I'd love one. Also, I'm a mite concerned about it, so the earlier I could have it, the better my nerves would be. Take your time though. Quality and whatnot.

4150571 Okay then! Your story will be graded in four aspects: plot, details, pacing, and grammar. Each will be given a score from 0 to 4, as follows:


0-1.4: OH GOD IT'S HORRIBLE
1.5-2.0: Bad.
2.1-2.5: Mediocre.
2.6-3.0: Good.
3.1-3.5: Great.
3.6-4.0 OH GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL
The scores of each one will then be averaged to give you a final score for your story.
Also, this review may contain spoilers, so if you haven't read the story already, stop reading now!







Category 1: Plot. When I first saw this story, I figured Scootaloo would kill somepony, enjoy it, then there would be a struggle to come to terms with it that resulted in her murdering almost everyone from the cast. That... is not what happened. Even so, the plot was quite good. I loved the way Sweetie Belle slowly lost her sanity alongside Scoots, which was subtle but effective. But, the most important part of any writing (with the exception of the hook) is the ending; that's what you'll remember. And this one just fucking gainaxed itself to the point of anger. Points off for the ending, but even so, you get a 3.0 of 4.0.

Category 2: Details. It was pretty good. Hell of a lot better than anything I could do, at least. Honestly, sections 2 and 3 only have anything worth saying in them when they're done horribly, so I'll just wrap this up and give it a 3.5 of 4.0.

Category 3: Pacing. Excellent. The best example that springs to mind is the way you subtly avoided mentioning exactly what caused Scootaloo to go insane until the end of Chapter 1, whereupon the reader goes "Oh! That makes so mu-" Oh wait, it says it in the blurb. I would heavilysuggest removing that part, but even so, you get a 3.5 of 4.0.

Grammar: Magnificent. I noticed no errors at all. I notice errors like a regular person notices... whatever regular people notice a lot. 4.0 of 4.0.

Now, to average it out. And, you've got a 3.5 of 4.0. Congragulations, you're tied for highest score I've given out on the site!

4151732 I thank you for the review. Also, I couldn't help but notice a term I was unfamiliar with in the first portion. I looked it up, of course, and wound up on the TVTropes page. After reading up on a "Gainax Ending" I found myself curious how I managed such a thing. It left me wondering if I'd made some mistake along the way, but most of it seems to add up in Shadow Changeling, and what little doesn't is answered thoroughly in the sequel to both I'm working on as of current.

At this, I would have to ask if you've read the tagged sequel to the story, if only because it was made mention multiple times that these things oft happen as a means of setting up a sequel, which, in my case, is out and further is on the way.

If this changes nothing, I will be sure to look into fixing whatever I need to.

4152377 Sequel? I see none noted, nor a tie-in. Regardless, a good spinoff story that isn't very clearly a direct sequel to another should be able to work properly in and of itself, even if one hasn't read the main story of whatever universe it takes place in.

4152672 Sequel. You can also find the link directly under my avatar on the front page of the story, since that's how things work on the site now. I try to do things like that as efficiently as possible. My apologies for any confusion, however.

Audio slave shadow on the sun

Skip the last 20 seconds

You'll know why if you listen to the last 20 seconds

4506921 I'm afraid I still don't know why.

4507211
Well.. For me it was that he was screaming shadow of the sun 8 times

I dont know about you though

4507234 Same thing. Guess we do not think alike.

The reveal really fucked with my mind, I'll say that much, if something I expected to be filled with gore can twist my mind as it did, I salute you.

In other words, I'm writing my first grim-dark titled Martyred for Naught, it will be available once it has passed moderation.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.... The sequel is not mature.... But this is... What am I gonna do now? Should I just read the sequel???:trixieshiftright::unsuresweetie::facehoof::pinkiecrazy::applejackunsure::coolphoto:

Login or register to comment