• Published 16th Sep 2013
  • 8,621 Views, 175 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Out of This World - Robobrony



Two ponies from space come to Equestria to make a home for themselves.

  • ...
11
 175
 8,621

PreviousChapters Next
Chaos Reigns: Part One: Discord Rises

Chaos Reigns
Part one: The Rise of Chaos

Nova awoke the next morning feeling amazing. The gala was yesterday night. After the girls apologized repeatedly, Nova forgave them. They still apologized again and again almost all night for the rest of the night. After their first apology, Nova turned to princess Celestia and apologized to her for shouting at her. She gave him a warm smile and accepted his apology. Nova smiled when he did. He wasn’t even afraid anymore to be in her presence. He was still a little wary, but not afraid.

Last night, the dream he had confirmed it. This time, in his dream, he was enjoying the day with his little brother and friends….without their pony disguise on. The girls and Spike were all smiling at him as they looked at him and his brother. In his dream, they accepted him and Celestia, who wasn’t trying to have him carted away, but was giving him wary looks, letting them be. Nova decided today was the day. He would finally tell them all his secret and let them in on his full story. He knew they wouldn’t care and he was glad.

But that would have to wait till later. He wanted Starburst there with him when he told. Starburst had school today and he was going on a field trip to Canterlot. Because of this, Starburst would have a half day. So Nova decided to wait for Starburst to get home before getting the girls together. Nov was just so happy now knowing he finally felt ready to tell them.

“Bye Nova, see you after school!” Starburst called as he galloped off to school.

“Bye Starburst, have fun in Canterlot!” Nova called after him.

Starburst wasn’t told of his big brother’s decision yet so he didn’t know that Nova felt ready to tell them. He did notice his big brother seemed happier than usual this morning, but it didn’t matter. As long as he was happy, that was good. Starburst made it to school where all the other kids were gathered in front with Cheerilee waiting for all her students to gather.

Starburst quickly found his three friends and fellow Cutie mark crusaders and stuck with them. “Hey there Starburst.” Applebloom greeted.

“Hi girls, I can’t believe Cheerilee is taking us on a field trip today. I’m really excited about this.” Starburst exclaimed.

“Me too. This is going to be fun.” Sweetie Belle squeaked out.

“All right class, settle down. Now let’s all start heading for the train station and stay together please.” Cheerilee announced.

The students all followed behind Cheerilee and talked amongst themselves.

It was a bit of a long train ride, but they all arrived at Canterlot and Cheerilee led them through the town and to the Canterlot gardens where there were many statues and a hedge maze. Cheerilee began informing her students of some of the statues there. “I want to start our field trip here, in the world famous Canterlot sculpture garden. That one over there represents friendship.” Cheerilee indicated to a statue of three ponies smiling stacked on top of one another.

Applebloom stopped to look at it causing Scootaloo to bump into her and Sweetie Belle into Scootaloo. Their heads spun a little then glared at each other. Starbust was a little concerned with that, but didn’t say anything. The four continued on.

“All right my little ponies!” Cheerilee cheered. “This one represents victory.” She said as she stood in front of a statue of a pony on her hind legs holding a flag with three stars.

“How cool would it be to have that for a cutie mark?” Scootaloo commented.

“Cool.” Applebloom said with a roll of her eyes. “If you were actually victoryfull at somethin.” She said with a smirk.

“That’s not a word.” Sweetie pointed out angrily.

Starburst was getting concered. Why were they acting like this. “Uh, girls, are you ok?”

They just ignored him as Scootaloo retorted. “What are you a dictionary?”

“Girls!” Cheerilee shouted to get their attention. The four rushed over to rejoin their class. “Now this is a really interesting statue.” She said as she pointed to an odd statue of a strange creature that seemed to be made up of different animal parts and looked like it was singing as one of its hands….or paws…were over his chest with his head held high. “What do you notice about it?” She questioned.

“It’s got an eagle claw.” Applebloom pointed out.

“And a lion paw.” Scootaloo then pointed out.

“And a snake tail.” Sweetie Belle said as she jumped up waving her forelegs about.

Cheerilee began to explain. “This creature is called a draconaques. He has the head of a pony, and a body made up of all sorts of things. What do you suppose that represents?”

“Confusion!” Applebloom stated.

Sweetie Belle then pushed her aside and said her opinion. “Evil!”

Scootaloo then pushed her aside. “Chaos!”

“Girls, why are you fighting like this?” Starburst asked.

Once again, he was ignored as Sweetie Belle started in. “It’s not chaos you dodo.”

“Don’t call me things I don’t know the meaning of. And it is too chaos.” Scootaloo retorted.

“Is not.” Sweetie Belle shot back.

“Girls.” Starburst tried again.

Applebloom jumped on their heads. “Your both wrong.” She declared. The three fell in a heap and started fighting.

Starburst shouted. “GIRLS, KNOCK IT OFF!” He shouted louder than he thought he could. The three stopped their arguing and all eyes were on Starburst now. “What’s gotten into you three, why are you fighting like this?” He asked with concern. “Please just stop.”

“Then tell these two that I’m right.” Applebloom said.

“No, I’m right.” Sweetie Belle said again.

Starburst backed off, he just hung his head sadly as his friends were just inexplicably arguing over something.

Cheerilee finely stepped forward and broke them up. “Actually, in a way, your all right. This statue represents Discord which means a lack of harmony between ponies. In fact, you three have demonstrated discord so well, that you’re each going to write me an essay explaining it.” The three hung their heads in disappointment.

The other students around just laughed at them. Starburst just looked at them worried. “I don’t understand, why are they fighting like this? What’s gotten into them.” Starburst asked himself.

“Now let’s go, and I don’t want any more fighting.” Cheerilee announced as she led the class away.

Starburst hung back a second and looked at the statue again. His eyes widened when he saw cracks begin to form up the statue, then he heard laughing coming from it. This frightened Starburst. “Uh….. miss Cheerilee!” Starburst called as he ran to catch up to the rest of the class.

Back in Ponyville, it was around Noon when Starburst finally got home. He walked in with his head low and greeted his big brother who was working on a gem for a customer. “Hey big brother.” Starburst said sadly.

Nova turned from his table and looked to his little brother as he removed his necklace. “Hey there Starburst, what’s wrong, why do you seem so sad?”

Starburst began to explain. “Well, something happened with the girls today during our field trip. I don’t know why but they just started arguing with each other.”

“Really, that’s odd. Do you know why?” Nova asked.

“No, I didn’t ask cause I was afraid they might turn on me.”

“I see, well perhaps we should go and talk with one of them. Now that your home, I can do something I think has needed to be done for a long time.” Nova said with a smile.

Starburst looked at him curiously. “Really, what?”

“You’ll see, come on, put your necklace back on and we’ll get the others together, first though, lets try and help you make amends with your friends. We’ll head to Sweet Apple Acres first.”

Starburst smiled a little. “Ok.” He put his necklace back on and Nova got his on.

The two headed out and were making their way across the bridge when they saw Twilight rush out with Spike on her back. Nova cocked an eyebrow at this. “What’s her hurry?” He asked. “Come on Starburst, if she’s in a hurry, something might be wrong.” The two galloped after her. They soon realized she was heading where they were going. He also noticed something odd in the sky above the apple farm.


There were pink clouds raining some kind of brown liquid from the sky. It quickly spread to over their heads and covered the rest of Ponyville. Twilight had come to a stop near a corn field where the corn on the cops started popping, and the apples on the trees grew to enormous size, causing the trees to bend down. And he noticed a few bunnies running around with unusually long legs and hoofs.

Nova caught up to Twilight as she was going through a book with Spike next to her. He and Starburst came up next to them and was very confused by all he saw. Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow dash were all there. “Twilight, what’s going on here, why is everything so…..odd?” He asked.

“I don’t know Nova.” Twilight answered. “But don’t worry everyone, I’ve learned a new spell that will fix everything.” She declared to her friends. She focused her magic and lit up her horn. She sent a wave of magic out and encompassed everything. Once the magic faded, everything was still messed up. Twilight was left in shock and disbelief. “My fail safe spell……failed. What do we do?” She asked Nova.

This was a surprise to him. “You’re asking me?”

“Your usually so smart Nova, maybe you can come up with a solution to all this.”

“Twilight, I have no idea what is going on. I don’t know how to fix this. If we want to figure this out, we need to first find out what is causing all this. Then we can start thinking of a solution.”

Spike made a suggestion. “How about we give up.”

Rarity came over wearing a purple rain coat, hat and a saddle umbrella. “Spike, Nova and Twilight will come up with something.” Rarity said as she levitated her umbrella off her back and placed it on Twilight.

Twilight thought for a moment. “Time for plan B. Rainbow, can you coral these clouds to one corner of the sky?”

Rainbow Dash was stuck in one of the pink clouds with a bunch of animals eating it. She shook it off and saluted. “I’m on it. Come on Nova, you help too.” She called.

“Me?” He asked.

“Sure, you’re a great flyer too, with the two of us, we can do this easy.”

“Well….ok.” Nova used his magic to summon his wings and flew up into the sky to help Dash.

Rainbow Dash and Nova started zipping around and gathered all the clouds they could. Pinkie was lying under one with her mouth open and a goofy smile on her face. Whatever that brown liquid stuff was, it was edible, as were the clouds since the animals were eating it.

“Applejack, I need you to bring those high strung clouds down to earth.”

Applejack wasted no time. Nova and Rainbow had managed to get the clouds to one area of the sky and Applejack used her lasso to rope them and bring them down. Dash and Nova pulled away from the clouds just before Applejack roped them. Applejack pulled them down and tied one end of her rope to a stake so the clouds wouldn’t fly away again.

Pinkie was under the cloud again with her mouth open. Once Applejack lassoed them, the brown water stopped. “Hey! What happened?” Pinkie complained.

Twilight started whispering something to Fluttershy. Fluttershy smiled for a moment, then started talking in a fake worried tone. “Oh dear, I hope none of the animals see these delicious chocolate cotton candy clouds! I’d hate to have to share them.”

Pinkie was happily munching away at the cotton candy clouds. “You and me both sister.” The animals suddenly rushed over and pushed pinkie aside to begin eating at them. “HEY!”

The girls and Nova gathered around Twilight. Upon his landing, Nova dismissed his wings. “And when ya’ll are done with that, feel free to have some popcorn for dessert!” Applejack called out to the animals.

“Wow, you guys, that was nice work.” Starburst commented.

“Thanks little brother, that’s what team work can do for you.” Nova said with a smile.

Twilight then started. “You see Spike, you should never give up, there is nothing we can’t overcome when we all work together.” Spike suddenly let out a belch and a scroll appeared. Twilight picked it up and went over it. Once done, she seemed a little worried. “Come on every pony, princess Celestia wants to see us all in Canterlot immediately.”

Nova was a little disappointed at this, he was about to tell them what he wanted too, guess it will have to wait until they get back. “All right then, when you girls get back, I have something I want to tell you all. I hope it isn’t anything bad.” Nova said.

“You’re coming too Nova.” Twilight pointed out.

This caught him by surprise. “What? But….why? why does she want me to come?”

Twilight gave a smile. “Because your our friend, and Celestia asked for all of us, you included.”

Nova wasn’t sure what to make of this. Why would Celestia want him to come along? “All right, if she wants to see me too.” Nova turned to Starburst. “Starburst, you stay with Spike at the library, I’ll be back as soon as I can all right?”

“Ok, see you later big brother.” The two shared a brief hug and went their separate ways.

The seven arrived at the castle with Twilight in the lead, they came through a pair of doors as Twilight called out. “Princess Celestia! We came as fast as we could..” They all galloped up to the base of a stair case she was standing at the top of.

“Thank you Twilight, thank you all.”

Twilight started shooting off questions. “Is this about the weather, and the animals weird behavior? What’s happening out there? Why isn’t my magic working? Is there-“

Celestia raised a hoof to silence her. Twilight quickly stopped to let the princess speak. “Follow me.” was all she said.

Celestia lead them down a hall with stain glass windows with depictions on them. “I’ve called you all here for a matter of great importance. It seems an old foe of mine, someone I thought I had defeated long ago has returned.”

Fluttershy stopped and looked at a stain glass window with a depiction of the strange statue from the gardens that frightened Starburst.

Celestia continued. “His name….is Discord.”

Fluttershy yelped and fled back to the others.

“Discord is the mischevious spirit of disharmony. Before my sister and I stood up to him, he ruled Equestria in an eternal state of unhappiness and unrest.” Nova was growing very concerned. Why was Celstia telling them all this? Did she expect them to stop him? “Luna and I saw how miserable life was for earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasai alike.” Nova took notice of one of the windows where the creature of chaos was smiling with puppeteer handles and strings coming down on an earth pony, a pegasus, and a unicorn. “So after discovering the elements of harmony, we combined our powers and rose up against him, turning him to stone.”

Rainbow Dash flew up in excitement. “All right princess.”

This is when Nova started figuring out what Celstia wanted. He remembered the girls telling him of the elements of harmony and how they used them to stop Nightmare Moon and free Luna from the curse, reuniting the two sisters.

“I thought the spell we cast would keep him contained forever, but since Luna and I are no longer connected to the elements, the spell has been broken.”

“No longer connected?” Twilight questioned.

Celestia continued. “This is Canterlot tower, where the elements are kept inside, ever since you all recovered them.” She had lead them to a door with jewels on it and the symbol of the sun at the center. “I need you to wield the elements of harmony once again and stop Discord before he thrusts Equestria into eternal chaos.”

“But why us? Why don’t you-“ Twilight tried to question but Pinkie cut her off.

“Hey look, we’re famous.” Pinkie Pie was standing in front of a stain glass window with a depiction of the six ponies using the elements of harmony against Nightmare Moon.

“You six showed the full potential of the elements by harnessing the magic of your friendship to beat a mighty foe.” The more this went on, the more Nova began to question why HE was here in the first place. He wasn’t a bearer of an element of harmony, and he certainly wasn’t there when the six ponies defeated Nightmare Moon. Celestia went on. “Although Luna and I once wielded the elements, it is you who now control their power, and it is you who must defeat Discord.”

Nova finally decided to speak up. “Excuse me your highness.” He called from the back of the group. The girls all stepped aside and looked at him. Celestia looked at him as well. “I’m sorry but…..why exactly am I here? I’m not a bearer of an element of harmony, how can I help in this?”

Celestia stepped forward and came up to him. “While you may not be a bearer of an element of harmony, you have shown great potential. You have helped the girls in lessons in friendship. You have proven yourself to represent each the traits of the elements of harmony. You are kind, generous, loyal, you bring joy to those around you, you are stong in magic, and your honest.”

The last one stung a bit. “I….wouldn’t go so far as to say honest, I…have kind of been keeping a secret from every pony.”

“Regardless, you have shown yourself to be a wonderful friend. I have no doubt you will be important to the girls in this task. Discord is known for being tricky. You are clever as well, I believe it will be up to you to see through his tricks and help the girls complete their task.”

“You…..really think so?” He was in disbelief, the princess was showing a lot of faith in him with this. He gazed up at Celestia who was giving him a warm smile. He looked at the others who also were smiling at him. Nova couldn’t help but smile back as well. “Don’t worry your majesty, I’ll do my best to help in any way I can. I won’t let you down.”

“Thank you Nova.”

Twilight then started. “Princess Celestia, you can count on-“

Before she could finish, Pinkie cut her off again. “Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain you guys….chocolate RAIN!”

Nova could not believe what he just heard from Pinkie. “Pinkie, are you nuts?” He paused. “Never mind, is chocolate rain really more important to you than every ponies happiness?”

“What do you mean Nova?” Pinkie asked.

“Which is more important to you? Every pony being happy, or every pony being miserable for all eternity just so you can have chocolate rain?” Nova scolded.

Pinkie hung her head. “Oh, I guess I didn’t think about that. Never mind then.”

Twilight then spoke. “Princess, we’d be honored to wield the elements of harmony again.”

Celestia walked up to the door and stuck her horn in a hole on the door. She poured her magic into it and the door lit up. It slid open to reveal a jeweled box. Rarity’s eyes went wide in wonder. “Ooh, you can keep the elements, I’ll take that case.”

Celestia floated the box off its pedestal and in front of her. “Have no fear ponies, I have total confidence that you will be able to defeat Discord….with these.” Celestia opened the box and……every ponies jaw hung open. The box was empty. Celestia dropped the box in shock. They all just stared blanky at it.

Nova spoke up. “Um, I may be mistaken, but isn’t something supposed to be in there?”

“The elements, they’re gone!” Twilight exclaimed.

Celestia started pacing back and forth nervously. “That chamber is protected by a spell only I can break. This doesn’t make sense.”

The room was soon filled with an ominous laughter from nowhere. “Make sense, oh what fun is there in making sense.” A voice filled the room.

“Discord, SHOW YOURSELF!” Celestia demanded.

The voice belonging to the god of chaos just laughed. “Oh ho ho ho. Did you miss me Celestia?” The picture of Discord on the window with the three ponies came to life. “I missed you.” He slithered over to another window where the elements of harmony were on a stone pedestal with the six ponies around it. “Its been awful being stone, but you wouldn’t know would you, because I don’t turn ponies to stone.” Discord said with a bit of anger.

“ENOUGH, what have you done with the elements of harmony?!” Celestia asked.

“Oh, I just borrowed them for a tinsy little while.” He snapped his eagle claw and the elements on the window disappeared.

“You’ll never get away with this Discord.” Celestia said with authority.

Nova was growing nervous as this being did all this. He could tell this Discord was very powerful with magic. How could he possibly hope to match this thing. Discord was a GOD for galaxies sake!

“Oh, I’ve forgotten how grave you can be Celestia. It’s really quite boring.”

“HEY, no pony insults the princess.” Dash declared before zipping up to try and tackle Discord.

Discord disappeared from the window and Dash slammed right into it. She pulled herself free and Discord reappeared again. “Oh, you must be Rainbow Dash, famed for her loyalty, the element of harmony you represent.”

“That’s right, I’ll always be loyal to the princess.” Rainbow proudly proclaimed.

Discord disappeared again. “We’ll see about that.”

Rarity started in. “I can’t believe we’re wasting our time talking to a tacky window.”

Discord appeared in a window next to Rarity. “The lovely Rarity, representing the element of generosity if I’m not mistaken.”

Applejack came walking up to Rarity and Discord. “So you know who we are, big deal.”

Discord’s form grew to the size of the window. “Oh I know much more than that honest Applejack.”

“You seem to know our strengths too.” Twilight pointed out.

Discord disappeared from that window and appeared in the previous one. “Yes Twilight Sparkle, and yours is the most powerful and elusive element……magic. Fluttershy’s is kindness and Pinkie Pie’s is a personal favorite of mine….laughter.”

Pinkie started laughing. “Pinkie!” Twilight scolded.

Pinkie just broke out into laughter. “HA ha, he’s dancing on your head.” Discord was shuffling on the head of Twilight in the window.

“If Discord knows about all of them, could he know about me?” Nova asked himself.

Discord then appeared near a window next to Nova. “And who do we have here? Nova I believe.”

Nova jumped back in surprise. “Yah!” He recomposed himself. “How….how do you know all this?”

“I’m a god of chaos of course, I know plenty. Especially….the story behind your origins.” Discord said slyly.

“You….know my secret then?” He asked worriedly.

“Oh I do, don’t you think it would be interesting for your friends to find out about your secret from me rather than you yourself, their friend?”

Nova grew nervous at this. Discord knew he was an alien?

Before more could be said, Celestia interrupted. “Stop stalling Discord! What have you done with the elements of harmony?”

“Oh, so boring Celestia, really. Fine, I’ll tell you, but I’ll only tell you my way.” Discord moved to another window. He spoke in rhyme as he moved about the windows. “To retrieve your missing elements, just make sense of this change of events. Twists and turns are my master plan, then find the elements back where you bagan.” Discord disappeared for good from the windows.

“Can we go home now?” Fluttershy asked.

“What do you reckon he meant, twists and turns and endin back where we started?” Applejack questioned.

Both Nova and Twilight started thinking about the solution. Twilight repeated a phrase from Discord’s riddle. “Twists and turns, twists and turns.” She spoke as she walked up to a regular window that had a view of the hedge maze. “Twists and turns that’s it!” Twilight exclaimed. “I bet Discord hid the elements in the palace labrynth.”

Nova interjected. “Hold on Twilight, I don’t think that’s right.”

Twilgiht turned to him. “Why now Nova? It has to be.”

“Think about it Twilight, what about that last part of the riddle, back where you bagan. With a maze, your trying to find your way either to the center, or to the other side. Not back to the beginning. I think the answer is something else.”

Twilight tried to object nicely. “Nova, this has to be it, I’m sure of it. Trust me, I know what I’m saying.”

Nova wanted to object further, but he could tell she was very sure about this. “All right then, lets go.”

Celestia wished them luck before heading off. “Good luck my little ponies. The fate of Equestria is in your hooves.”

“Thanks princess, we won’t let you down.” Twilight said before they all headed out and to the maze.

They all came to the entrance of the maze and approached cautiously. “We-we have to go in….there?” Fluttershy questioned carefully.

Dash walked up to her. “Nope, dopey Discord forgot about these babies.” Dash said proudly displaying her wings. She took off and was about to fly over the maze. “I’ll just do a quick fly over and we’ll have the elements in no time.” Just after Rainbow finished her sentence, her wings suddenly disappeared. She looked at her back. “Huh?” She said before falling to the ground. “My wings!” She cried out.

Fluttershy’s wings then disappeared. “AH!” She screamed.

Twilight’s and Rarity’s horn then disappeared. They looked at each other and spoke in unison. “Your horn! My horn! AAHH!”

Nova’s horn then vanished. “Great galaxies, what happened?!” He exclaimed as he looked up in worry and fear.

Discord appeared in the flesh before them in a brilliant flash and laughed at them. “HA HA HA, you should see the looks on your faces, priceless! Ha ha ha ha.” He chuckled.

“Give us our wings and horns back!” Twilight demanded.

“You’ll get them back in good time.” He disappeared and reappeared next to Applejack. “I simply took them to ensure there’s no cheating. You see, this is the first rule of our game.” He slithered to Rainbow and Fluttershy when he mentioned the rules. He then went to Twilight. “No flying, and no magic.”

God or not, this monster took away his friends appendages and dared to lay a claw on Twilight. He rushed over and pushed Discord’s face away from Twilight with his own. “HEY, keep your grubby claws of her you freak!” Nova demanded.

“Oh, you’re calling me a freak? How amusing.” Discord said with a smirk.

“The first rule?” Rainbow questioned.

Discord zipped over and lay on top of one of the walls of the hedge maze. “The second rule is every pony has to play or the game is over and I win.” He finished with glee. “Good luck every pony!” Discord vanished.

Twilight began. “Never fear every pony, we have each other.”

Nova stood next to her with a smile. “That’s right, we just need to stick together.”

Rainbow Dash agreed. “Yeah, like Twilight said, there’s nothing we can’t overcome if we stick together.”

Nova then interjected. “Hold on now, before we go in, I should point something out.”

The girls all turned to Nova. “What is it Nova?” Twilight asked.

“The elements of harmony may be in there, but we shouldn’t rule out that this could be a trap. With Discord’s power, we could be walking right into one. We need to be careful and keep on our hooves. Don’t let him get to you no matter what.”

“That’s some good thinkin there Nova.” Applejack agreed.

“Right then, lets get to it.” Rarity stated.

They all lined up at the entrance with Nova next to Twilight, then Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, then Fluttershy at the end. “All right every pony, lets do this.” Twilight said with determination.

All ponies exclaimed with one hoof stepping forward. “Together!”

On that note, walls started sprouting up separating the group from one another. They all cried out as it happened. “Stay calm girls, every pony head for the middle as fast as you can and we’ll regroup there!” Twilight called out.

Nova called out something too. “Remember, keep your eyes peeled for anything suspicious.”

Rainbow Dash responded. “Moving out!”

Then Rarity responded. “See you at the center.”

Then Applejack. “Yeehaw!”

Finally Pinkie Pie. “see you guys there.”

“Twilight!” Nova called before she left.

“Nova? What is it?”

“……Just be careful ok, there’s something I want to tell you all when this mess is over with.”

“Really, all right, we’ll see each other soon.”

“Take care Twilight.” Nova said before finally heading out. He trotted off down the path of the maze he was now stuck in, trying to figure out which way to go.

He walked and walked for who knows how long, making turns left and right when he thought he might be going the right way. “By the stars this maze is confusing. That discord may be a god, but I’m not going to let him get to me, he’s going to pay for threatening my friends.” Nova said to himself.

As he continued walking, something odd caught his eye. He saw three gemstones and a hammer jumping up and down at the center of a path. One gem was red, another was blue, and the third was white. What was even odder was the fact they were the same as the gems he had for his cutie mark. “By the cosmos, what is this….wait, this must be Discord’s work.” He figured. Something about the gems and hammer though compelled him to follow. “If this is a trick, I better be careful.” He said to himself as he walked towards the gems and hammer. They began to hop away, Nova had to break into a gallop to follow them.

Eventually, they led him to a field of gems coming out of the ground as they sparkled like stardust. “What in the name of the universe is all this?” he asked as he walked along a path through the field. The three gems and hammer had slowed down so Nova just had to walk. At the end of the path, he saw one giant gemstone with a flat smooth surface. The three gems led Nova right to it.

He stopped in front of it, eyeing it curiously. The hammer and gems stacked on top of one another and, in a brilliant flash, turned into Discord. “Hello Nova, good to see you.” He greeted like one would greet an old friend.

Nova scowled at him. “Discord, I figured this was you’re doing.”

“Guilty as charged.” He said with a smile.

“What do want? In case you didn’t know, I’m in the middle of something here.”

“Oh yes, the whole helping your friends thing. Tell me, do you really think their your friends?” Discord questioned slyly.

“I don’t think, I know, they care about me and I care about them.” Nova stated firmly, resolute in his belief.

“Then tell me, why haven’t you told them you come from another planet yet?”

“I was about to today until you showed up and messed with everything.” Nova said as he looked at Discord with angry eyes.

“Nova, you and I aren’t so different. We’re one of a kind you and I….well…I’m one of a kind, your just two of a kind, what with your little brother being here as well.” Discord gave a sly smile.

Nova glared fiercely at Discord and spoke through gritted teeth. “You leave my little brother out of this. I’m nothing like you.”

“But you and your brother are the only ones of your kind on this world. I’m the only one of my kind. Surely you must know what it’s like to be lonely? I’m not such a bad guy like Celestia says.”

“If you expect me to believe anything you say, you’re wasting your time, and mine.”

“Let me ask you something, do you really believe those ponies will still be your friends after you tell them what you really are?”

“I know they will, I know what you’re trying to do, it won’t work.” Nova stood his ground.

“I’m trying to spare your feelings. What I want to show you is the absolute truth, I swear on my honor as a god.” Discord said as he placed his eagle claw on his chest and held up his lion paw with two fingers next to each other. Discord also made a boy scout uniform appear on him with a pair of sunglasses.

“Nice try, but I’m not buying it. Applejack already knows my secret and she’s kept her promise of not telling any pony. She doesn’t care that I’m an alien.”

“I just wish he’d hurry up and tell us, I’m so afraid of tellin the others myself, I don’t know how much longer I can take this. I’m so afraid of what would happen to us.” Applejack’s voice was heard.

“Applejack?” Nova questioned. The voice came from behind Discord, he was hovering in front of the gemstone. Discord moved aside as Nova approached it. He looked at the surface and saw Applejack walking along through the maze.

“If Nova tells the others about him bein an alien, then maybe we can finally do somethin about it. He really scares me, all that magic, who knows what he’d do ta me should I tell the others without his permission.”

Nova stuttered for a moment. “This…this isn’t real, this is just one of your tricks.” Nova insisted.

Discord gave him a sad frown. “I can assure you this isn’t a trick, this is the present. This is Applejack actually speaking.”

“You…..your wrong, I know you are, I won’t be fooled.”

“Let’s jump ahead and see what will happen when you finally let your friends in on your little secret shall we?” the image wavered and rippled like water. It changed and showed Nova standing with all seven of his main friends and his little brother next to him inside Twilight’s library.

“So you see girls, the truth is….me and starburst are aliens. We came here from another planet to try and find a home. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner.” Nova saw himself say to the ponies and dragon.

“Your…an alien?” Twilight questioned.

At that, Nova and Starburst deactivated their necklaces and their alien forms were there for all to see. Rarity let out a shriek. “AAAAAAHHHHH!”

“Oh my.” Fluttershy said.

Twilight then turned to Applejack. “This is his secret you were in on wasn’t it Applejack?”

Applejack was worried. “I’m sorry girls, but we all seen how strong he is with that weird alien magic o his, I was afraid if’n I told ya’ll without his permission, he might do something horrible ta me.”

Nova looked surprised. “WHAT? Applejack, I would never-“ Nova was cut off by Rainbow Dash who tackled him to the ground.

“NOVA!” Starburst cried out in worry.

Rainbow started in on him. “You little punk, you think you can just trick us and get away with it?”

“Rainbow Dash, please, we were just wanting to find a home, I swear, please get off me. Twilight help.” Nova called to her.

Twilight had tears in her eyes. “I can’t believe it, you lied to me all this time? How could you, I thought you loved me.”

“Twilight, I do love you, please just let me-“

“NO!” Twilight cried out. “I’m sorry Nova, but we can’t have something like you here, you…you and your little brother have to go.” Twilght turned her head around, refusing to look at Nova in his bug like eyes.

“Twilight…please.”

“Rainbow Dash, please let him go.” Starburst begged.

“Stay back you little pest!” Rainbow shot.

Spike tried to comfort Twilight. “Don’t worry Twilight, I’ll send a letter to the princess, she’ll know what to do with them.”

“I hope your right Spike.” Twilight sad with sadness.

“Girls please, I thought we were friends, remember?”

Rarity spoke up. “How can we possibly be friends with the likes of you, you’re not even a real pony.” She pointed out.

Nova turned to Pinkie Pie. “Pinkie, please, you gotta believe me, me and Starburst just wanted a home. I thought we were friends!”

Pinkie just stuck her tongue out. “Egh, why would I want to be friends with something like you. Sorry Nova, yer on your own.”

Nova turned to Fluttershy from his position on the floor with Rainbow on him. “Fluttershy?”

“I…I’m sorry Nova, but I….I don’t think I can help. The others are right. I’m sorry.”

“I…I…..but….” Nova was stunned. He couldn’t form words. “NOOOOOOOO!” Nova cried out.

“NO!” The real nova shouted. “This can’t be true, it just can’t be, they like me for who I am, they….they wouldn’t turn on me like that…..would they?” Nova spoke with worry and fear. The seed of doubt had been planted. “This…..this can’t be true, it just can’t!”

Discord gave Nova a sympathetic look. “I’m so sorry Nova, but the truth hurts, it’s probably best you go back to your ship and leave….or, you could stay with me and not have to worry about going back to the dark, cold, lonliness of space. What do you say, friends?” Discord extended his eagle claw to Nova.

Nova just sat there staring at the crystal in shock. “No….no it just can’t be….they wouldn’t…they….they…” Nova looked down at himself. Something strange was happening to him, he did notice, but after what he just saw, he didn’t care. His coat’s green color was dulling, as was his mane and tail. “They were my friends, they were my friends.” Nova repeated.

“I see, you need time to think about it. Very well, I’ll leave you alone then. Do take care Nova, I’ll see you around.” With that, the giant crystal and all the gems around sunk into the ground.

“They….they would care about me being an alien….I….I can’t let them know…I was wrong.” Nova said to himself.

In his state, he failed to notice that as the giant gem sunk down, Twilight and the others were there minus Rainbow Dash. “Nova!” Twilight happily cried. “Thank Celestia your all right, something is wrong with the others.”

She went to give him a hug, but upon feeling her touch, Nova pushed her back and backed away in fear. “AH! St-stay away!”

Twilight looked at Nova with worry. “Nova, it’s me Twilight.”

“T-T-Twilight, oh, uh….hey Twilight, um….sorry. I just……..um…l-let’s get going shall we?” He asked nervously.

Twilight cocked her head. “Nova?”

Nova noticed the others, Rarity was carrying a big rock on her back, Pinkie looked mad, Fluttershy had a wicked smirk on her face, and Applejack’s eyes just kept shifting from side to side. Nova also took notice that they were all grey. “Wh-what happened to them?” He asked Twilight.

“I…I don’t know, but it seems to have happened to you too.” Twilight said worriedly.

Upon noticing his close proximity to Twilght, he quickly moved away. “GAH! Uh….sorry Twilight….I uh……come on, we still…..need to find the elements right?” Nova gave a nervous smile.

As they walked on, Twilight had taken on the task of carrying Rarity’s rock which for some reason she thought was a diamond. Nova wanted to help, but he was afraid that she might accidently get too close to his necklace and deactivate his disguise. He was afraid to get too close to any of the ponies now. He walked just behind Twilight and the others, bringing up the rear. Twilight was struggling with the rock on her back.

“Um…..Twilight…..I could…carry the rock for you.” Nova suggested. His love for Twilight was still there, but his fear of her finding out his secret was greater, he was too afraid to get close to her.

“Oh thank you….Nova.” Twilight said between grunts. “Just come over and take it from me.”

“Actually……just set it down and…..I’ll get it.” Nova said.

Twilight was concerned why Nova didn’t want to get close to her. She sadly set it down and stepped away.

Nova came up and picked it up on his back. It was very heavy to him but he trudged on.

Twilight was still trying to catch her breath as she spoke between gasps. “Must….find….Rainbow Dash. As a team….we’re unstoppable. Rainbow Dash won’t let us down.”

Applejack then sounded off. “Well looky there, Rainbow Dash is flyin away, she’s abandonin us.” She pointed out.

“Now I know that’s a lie.” Twilight said.

Nova stopped and set the rock down to rest. As soon as he did, Rarity rushed over to it. Nova quickly backed away in fear. He then looked up and saw Dash flying away, just like Applejack said. “She is leaving us. I can’t believe it, I thought she was loyal.” Nova thought to himself.

All of a sudden, the walls of the hedge maze quickly sunk into the ground. The maze was gone and the ponies found themselves standing in a barren dirt field. “Well, well, well, looks like some pony broke the no wings no magic rule.” Discord said as he emerged from the dust that was kicked up from the maze disappearing. He snapped his eagle claw and every pony’s wings and horns were returned. “Games over my little ponies. You didn’t find your precious elements.” Discord made an umbrella appear and it opened up the wrong way. “Looks like we might be in for a big ol storm of Chaos. Mwa ha ha AH HA HA HA HA!” Discord laughed as his cotton candy clouds formed over-head and started raining the chocolate milk.

To be continued

PreviousChapters Next