• Published 13th Sep 2013
  • 7,787 Views, 394 Comments

Discord Finds Jesus. Literally. - ocalhoun



Discord goes looking for a new friend, and he finds one: Jesus.

  • ...
98
 394
 7,787

My Little Jesus: Faith is Magic

A Chance Meeting

Discord stomped his way through a thicket in the Everfree Forest, grumbling to himself as he batted aside branches, vines, and the occasional manticore. He just couldn't stand that dreary town of Ponyville anymore, especially at night.

Ponyville was dull enough during the day, but at night, with everypony sleeping, Discord couldn't stand the place. It wasn't his fault he was the spirit of chaos and never slept! Couldn't somepony stay awake and keep him company? Anypony?

He shook his head. It was no use. Nopony in a sleepy little town like Ponyville could be bothered to stay up and appreciate the night... It was almost enough to make him sympathize with Nightmare Moon. Almost.

So, once again, he found himself trudging through Everfree, searching for at least a little entertainment. He enjoyed his friendship with Fluttershy – he truly did – and he looked forward to every opportunity to visit... until night fell, and everypony went to sleep.

Should he go find that dragon again and pick another fight? He sighed. No, that was too easy, and besides, Celestia – in all her boring wisdom – had ordered him not to. She was scared it would start a war or something. At least a war would bring a little excitement to the place!

He glanced over at the old, ruined castle on his left. Far back in the past, it had been quite the lively place, especially during the days of his rule. There had been lots of wars in his day – much more exciting. He let his eyes pass through the planes of time and space, looking directly at the castle as it once was, the magnificent streamers of purple spaghetti, the hippos singing in the moat, the swirls of colors floating towards him...

Wait. No. That wasn't right. There shouldn't be–

I continued floating toward Discord, aware of his slight confusion. I knew he would be glad to have the company though.

With a flash, I entered into Discord's world. “Fear not, Discord, for I have come.” I stood with my arms outstretched in welcome, the halo of my entry into this world still slowly fading behind me.

Discord didn't know what to think. For once, he had been taken completely by surprise. “Do I know you?”

“You do not know me, Discord, but I know you. I am Jesus of Nazareth, and I have been sent here by my Father to... keep you company.”

“Who?”

“My Father, the creator, the alpha and omega, the–”

“No, who are you, again?” Discord stared at me a few moments longer, baffled by my strange – to him – shape. “And what are you?”

“I am Jesus, the son of man and the son of God. No one comes to the Father except through me. I am the light and the word, the–”

“Okay, okay.” He was becoming a little fed up with my speech, now that he was coming to grips with the situation. “And you're here to... keep me company?”

“My Father sent me here, at the request of one of his friends.”

Discord shrugged his shoulders. He had seen – and created – stranger things. “So, I suppose I should introduce you to this world... You don't seem to be from around here.” He swept a lion-pawed arm at the forest around him. “This is the–”

“Everfree Forest,” I finished for him.

“Ah, right. Just outside of it is the kingdom of–”

“Equestria, and the town of Ponyville.”

Discord's eyes narrowed, and his paw drooped down. “How do you know all that?”

“I know everything.”

He shook his head. “Well, anyway, just on the border of the forest is–”

“Fluttershy's cottage. You want to introduce me, but we need to get there before the sun rises, or she'll be too busy tending to her animals.”

Discord shuddered. “Could you... not do that?” He acknowledged that I knew everything, but these interruptions were beginning to get under his skin.

“Of course,” I assured him. “Come, let us walk.” I began walking towards Fluttershy's cottage, carefully stepping around the poison joke flowers.

Discord was slightly annoyed, actually, that I knew where the cottage was without his help, but he followed along just the same.

An Unexpected Tea Party

I walked down the well-packed dirt path to Fluttershy's cottage, careful not to crush any of the small creatures running around with my sandals.

Discord was still needlessly informing me of the intricacies of life in Equestria. “... which is where the elements of harmony are kept.” He leaned in towards me, glanced back and forth, and cupped a clawed hand over his mouth. “Believe me, you do not want to run afoul of those.”

I smiled, remembering the multiple times this spirit of chaos had been turned to stone by them. “No, indeed not, my brother.” Fluttershy's cottage stood only a stone's throw away now. “We have arrived, and the sun has only now begun to rise.”

“Good, good,” Discord said, “She should just be waking up now.”

Fluttershy had, in fact, been up for several minutes already, since the coughing of a sick field mouse woke her up slightly early today.

With a flash, Discord teleported to the door of the cottage. “Come in, and make yourself at home!” Poking his head inside, he called out, “Fluttershy, I'm back, and I brought a new friend!”

Fluttershy trotted to the door and blinked in the bright sunlight. “Discord? Who is–” The moment she saw me, she shrieked. “What is that?”

“Oh, goodness, Fluttershy, it's just Jesus. He came from...” He trailed off, at a loss. “Where do you come from, anyway?”

I smiled, mildly amused that it was going to take this long for him to ask. “I come from a different plane of existence called–”

“It can talk?” Fluttershy's level of fear was reaching a critical point, so I thought I should try to comfort her.

I stepped toward her, holding my arms out for a comforting hug.

She screamed, a squeaky, piercing sound. Before I could do anything more, she rushed off in a pink and yellow blur, down the path into the town.

Slowly, I let my arms drop back down.

“Well,” Discord sighed, “that didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped.” He shrugged. “I'm sure she'll be back. Care for some tea in the meantime?”

The Showdown

Applejack kicked down the door to Fluttershy's cottage, sending splinters everywhere and nearly startling Discord into spilling his tea. Fortunately, he was able to send the errant liquid back into his tiny, floral print teacup with a snap of his fingers. All-knowing as I was, I wasn't able to be startled. It was a shame, really. I would have liked to know what it was like.

As soon as the dust from the door settled, Twilight Sparkle teleported in, the tiara of her element already on her head. Her five friends, including a still-reluctant Fluttershy, rushed in behind her, each with a glittering necklace.

“What have you done now, Discord?” Twilight roared, her horn already glowing.

The two of us just stared at her. I took the opportunity to take another sip of tea. Fluttershy definitely had good taste in tea; this jasmine-peach was some of the best I'd ever had.

Discord let the silence stretch on just long enough to become awkward before he answered, “I just brought in a new friend for a visit, that's all.” He took another sip of his own tea.

Rainbow Dash covered her face with her hooves. “Oh, jeez–”

I answered her before she even finished. “Yes, Rainbow Dash?”

“Huh?” She shook her head. “I wasn't talking to you.”

“You spoke to me by name,” I insisted.

“Discord,” Twilight growled, her horn no longer glowing, but her voice still full of menace, “what's going on here?”

Discord sighed, then gestured to me with an eagle-clawed hand. “Everypony, I'd like you to meet Jesus. Jesus, everypony... I'm sure you already know their names.”

“Of course,” I said, “and thank you.” I rose to make my introductions, and tossed my half-eaten apple to the floor.

“Good gracious, how uncouth!” Rarity stepped back and cast an accusatory glance at Discord. “How could you bring something like this here? What, was he born in a barn or something?”

I self-consciously smoothed down the back of my hair. “Well, actually–”

“Well, I never!” Discord crossed his arms as he rose from the table. “This is hardly how I would expect ponies so well versed in the magic of friendship”– He made little air quotes with his fingers. –“to greet a new friend of mine!” He walked to the door, magically shoving ponies aside to clear the way. “Come on, Jesus, we're leaving. Maybe we can talk to these ponies later, when they've come to their senses.”

With an apologetic shrug, I followed him.

A Friendly Competition

Discord finally stopped grumbling about the rude treatment from his friend's friends as we passed by the lake just outside Ponyville. He looked over at me. “So, what's with that pokey crown?”

I shook my head. “Ah, that one was my Father's idea. I didn't care for it much at first, but you know, you actually get used to it after a while.”

“And the holes in your hands?”

I gave him a dark chuckle. “It's a long story, my friend... but the moral of it is, 'never forget the safe word'.”

He recoiled, and I laughed at the thoughts that ran around his head from that.

“No, no.” I laughed again. Discord was the most fun I'd had in ages. “Not really. It is a long story, though. Mostly it was so that my Father could forgive the sinners of my world.”

Discord shook his head. “I don't care what it was for, I wouldn't let anypony do that to me!”

“Are you sure you could stop them?” I thought back to that day... it was pretty traumatizing, still.

“I'm the great Discord! Nopony tells me what to do!”

I stopped walking. “There's always a greater power, Discord. There is even one greater than I, and I am the very son of God.”

“Hey.” Discord turned back to me, holding his arms akimbo. “I'm the spirit of chaos! I've been feared and respected across Equestria for over a thousand years!”

I rolled my eyes. “Two thousand years ago, I started a fishing club with just twelve members, and now it's the biggest, most powerful organization in the world. So what?”

Discord huffed. “I'll have you know, I'm the most powerful being in all of Equestria! I created a huge storm front of cotton candy clouds out of nothing.”

I shrugged. “I once calmed a terrible storm with only a word.”

“I made it rain chocolate milk!”

“And I turned water into wine.”

“Mind control!”

“Raised the dead!”

Discord's eyes narrowed, and he glared at me.

I matched his expression. “Very well, Discord. Shall we?”

“A magic duel it is,” the draconequus agreed. He was eager to reassert his position as the most powerful magic user in this land.

A bunch of ponies began to take notice of us, and they all gathered around. Good. It would be nice to have an audience for this.

I grinned. My Father would disapprove of such self-aggrandizement in Our world, but here, I could afford to indulge. “Very well.” I glanced at the crowd that had begun to form around us. “Does anyone here have a packed lunch?”

The ponies all glanced at each other for a moment. Soon though, the pony in the back spoke up, just as I knew she would. “Um, I do.”

“Come forth, Derpy Hooves.”

A little unsure of herself, Derpy flew up and over the crowd, landing next to me.

“Will you give unto me your lunch?”

“Um...” Derpy glanced back and forth, between me, Discord, and the crowd. “I guess.”

Being sure to show my gratitude to the grey pegasus, I picked up the brown paper bag that contained her lunch, removing the muffin and two bananas that rested inside. I handed them to the –rather confused – pegasus in front of me, and then walked over to the crowd, holding what should have been an empty paper bag.

“Would anyone else care for some?” I asked.

Hesitantly, another mare stepped forward from the crowd, a purple and violet unicorn named Sea Swirl. Timidly, she stepped up to me and looked into the bag as I held it open. Seeing what was inside, she smiled and used her magic to levitate another muffin and another two bananas out of the bag. Happy to have her unexpected boon, she trotted back to her place in the crowd.

Before long, I had a long line of ponies waiting to get their share of the free lunch. Each one trotted away happily with their own blueberry muffin and pair of bananas.

After every pony had taken their fill – some more than once – and the line finally dwindled down to nothing, I turned back to Discord triumphantly, handing the still-full bag back to the little grey mare I had borrowed it from.

Discord smirked at me. “Is that all you've got?” He snapped his fingers, and a glass of cold chocolate milk suddenly appeared next to each and every pony present. “They deserve to have something to wash that down with, don't you think?”

I reached down and picked up the glass of milk next to my own feet, and took a nice long sip. No reason to let it go to waste after all.

Next to me, Derpy Hooves happily munched on her extra muffin.

“Derpy Hooves?”

She looked up at me, each eye trailing off in a different direction.

I laid my hand on her head. “Go forth, and let your eyes trouble you no more.”

She blinked a couple times, and suddenly, her eyes focused together. For the first time in her life, she could see normally.

Discord walked up to me, clapping as he went, each clap making a different random sound. “Very good, very good.” He leaned in close and whispered into my ear, “But watch this!” He snapped his fingers again, and with a flash, Derpy Hooves suddenly had a magic horn to go with her wings.

She gasped, looking up at her horn in awe. Before either of us could do anything about it, she swept us both up into a hug.

A brown and black stallion at the edge of the crowd called out, “Come along, Hooves! It's time to go!”

Derpy glanced over to him. “Okay!” With a yellow flash, she teleported right up next to him, sending him reeling back.

That's new,” he said, as soon as he recovered. “Oh well, come on! We've only got fourteen minutes until the rift collapses!”

As the two ran off, I turned to Discord. “Good one. But I am not to be outdone.” Slowly and regally, I walked to the shore of the lake. As the water began to lap at my toes, I slipped off my sandals.

I stepped out onto the water, quickly walking far out into the lake to make a good display of how easy it was. Once there, though, I noticed a slight problem. The water of the lake was steadily flowing up through the holes in my feet! Within moments, I sank down to my shoulders in the water.

I began thrashing frantically. “Help!” I cried out, “I can't swim!”

Suddenly, Discord was next to me, skating along the surface in water skis, being pulled along by a rope attached to nothing. “Need a hand?” He asked, sweeping past me and holding his lion paw out.

I grabbed the paw and let Discord's momentum yank me out of the water.

As I sat, catching my wind and drying out on the shore, Discord walked up in front of me, wearing the smuggest grin I had ever seen.

“Ugh,” I groaned. “The last time I tried that, I didn't have holes in my feet.”

“Don't worry about it. We all make mistakes sometimes.” Discord's grin grew even smugger. He sat down, and a throne materialized underneath him just in time. Big neon lights spelling out 'WINNER' flashed above the throne. “Well, Jesus, are you ready to admit defeat?”

I wasn't about to be defeated so easily. I was the only begotten son of the all-powerful God of the universe, after all. Rising to my knees, I began to pray. “My Father in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Please come and show unto this Discord your full glory and majesty. Amen.”

Immediately, the clouds parted across the entire sky, and everything stood silent in comparison from the booming voice that called out from the blinding light flaring from above. “THIS IS MY SON, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED.”

As the clouds rolled back together and the glory of my Father vanished from the sky, everyone's mouths hung open. This was more than anyone there had ever seen.

Discord was the first to recover. The neon lights above his throne vanished, and he held out his hand. “Shall we call it a draw?”

After considering it for a moment, I decided that would be fine. “Agreed,” I said, rising and resuming my walk toward Ponyville. “Come, let us put our differences behind us and enter the town.”

A Petrifying Discovery

“Oh, and that's Sugar Cube Corner. You have got to try their apple cupcakes! Come on, let's get some.”

I shook my head as I followed Discord around town. He sure was proud of the place, though he did tend to make a lot of 'back when I had made it the chaos capital of the world...' statements.

I headed for the door to the sweetshop. Discord was already holding it open. Next to the door though, I saw a couple mares sitting at a table just outside, each with a smoothie. They were Lyra and Bon Bon, I knew, and they were... No!

I stopped dead in my tracks. To have something so vile going on right in front of me, I couldn't stand it.

Discord craned his neck toward me, still holding the door open. “What's the matter, Jesus, come on! They just brought out a fresh batch!”

The two mares hadn't noticed me yet. As I watched, they kissed each other briefly, each of them blushing a little afterwards.

I stormed up to their table, demanding their attention. “It is written,” I proclaimed, “for a woman to lie with another woman as with a man is disgusting unto God and a sin!”

“A wo– what?” Bon Bon asked.

“A 'woman'.” Lyra draped a hoof over her marefriend's back. “It's what they call a female human.” She grinned up at me. “And look, there's a male one! I told you they exist!”

“I am no mere man!” I raised my arms up and let my voice grow to a thunderous boom. “I am half man, half God!” I lowered an arm to point at the two mares. “And what you two do is an affront to God! You must stop at once, and repent!”

“Stop what?” Lyra asked.

Bon Bon stomped a hoof onto the table. “He means we have to break up.”

“What?” Lyra jumped up to her feet. “No! I'm never giving up my Bon Bon!”

“You must!” I insisted, “Or you will be cast into the lake of fire to suffer for all eternity!”

Our argument dropped off, though, as the sky was suddenly covered in roiling black clouds. The clouds swirled around over our heads, lightning flashed, and the wind blew leaves and twigs all over us as we all stared at the sky in awe. Slowly, a circular gap grew in the middle of the clouds. As soon as it reached all the way through, the sun shone in brightly, nearly blinding us all.

Against the glare of the sun, I could see a silhouette of a chariot being drawn by four pegasi in armor. And though no one could see through the glare to find out who rode on it, I already knew. It was Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

With a couple more flashes of lightning, the huge chariot parked just above our heads, and the two alicorns glided down to the ground on their wings.

“Discord,” Princess Celestia called out, “What is the meaning of this?”

Again, a crowd gathered around us. Fluttershy and her five friends were among them, still wearing their necklaces.

“The meaning of what?” Discord shrugged. “I'm just showing my new friend around town.”

“Ah, yes, the 'new friend' Twilight Sparkle wrote of.” Princess Luna glared at me out of the corner of her eye. “Who is he?”

“He's just a friend, Lulu.” Discord waved a paw at me dismissively. “His name is Jesus, and I met him out in the Everfree Forest last night. That's all.”

Princess Luna's eye twitched. “We told thou not to call us that!”

Sister.” Princess Celestia laid a hoof on her.

With a sigh, Princess Luna calmed and silenced herself.

“Twilight Sparkle wrote to me of your new friend, and his odd behavior. We've come to make sure he's not a threat.”

“Oh, he's not bad.” Discord laughed. He touched a claw to his chin. “He was just yelling at a couple ponies though.”

“He said we were disgusting!” Lyra shouted.

“And he threatened to throw us in a lake of fire!” Bon Bon added.

Princess Celestia whirled to face me. “Is this true?”

My heart raced, but there were some things I just could not put up with. “These two mares are together as only a mare and stallion are meant to be. It is an affront to all things holy!”

One eyebrow rose on Celestia's face. “These two mares are married. I performed the ceremony myself. This is perfectly accepted in Equestria.”

“This is wrong!” I insisted, “And an affront unto my Father! It must be stopped.”

“Your father?” she asked.

“My Father, God. The Alpha and the Omega, King of Kings, and Lord of all creation!”

“He has no authority here,” the princess answered. “Here, we worship the Invisible Pink Unicorn, and She has no quarrel with pairings such as Lyra and Bon Bon's.”

“Then I will have to strike down this false idol, and return this place to the one true God.” I slammed my arms against my sides in rage. “I will not hear Him denied after what he has done for everyone! All who deny my Father are doomed to eternal death. Only through Him – and through Me – can they have eternal life!”

Princess Celestia just turned and made eye contact with Twilight Sparkle. The princess's head made one sharp nod, and Twilight nodded in return.

With a few quick steps, the bearers of all six elements of harmony stepped out from the crowd.

“Ready girls?” Twilight asked.

No audible answer came, but the gems in all of their necklaces began to glow. Twilight closed her eyes, and when she opened them again, the eyes of all six glowed.

I knew what was happening. It couldn't be! I had a very important appointment back in my world! I had to get back to–

Streaks of six different colors shot out from the necklaces wrapping around me and merging into a single rainbow.

I held my arms up in a futile effort to stop it, but I was too late. Already, my legs had turned to stone, and it was quickly working its way up my body. Before I could so much as scream, the stone enveloped me entirely. I was trapped.

Slowly, my petrified body lost its balance and tipped over backwards, landing with a thud on the ground in front of the sweet shop.

As Twilight and her five friends recovered from their attack on me, the two princesses used their magic to clear the sky of the foreboding dark clouds they had rolled in.

“Thank you, Twilight Sparkle,” Princess Celestia said. “Equestria is lucky to have protectors like you.”

Twilight smiled and blushed a little. “Any time, Princess.”

“And you, Discord...” Celestia's voice dropped to a threatening almost-growl. “You be careful who and what you bring back from the Everfree Forest next time.” She turned to me where I laid staring up into the sky with my stony eyes, and she called up to the ponies pulling her chariot, “Have this taken to my sculpture garden. I've been meaning to fill up that blank space ever since Discord left.”

The End?

Author's Note:

And that, my friends, is why Jesus's second coming has been so delayed.

Comments ( 394 )

Nice story!

I'm glad you got it all set up. Friday it is, then!

Oh, and you want to do a writing collab project sometime?

3196568

Hm, why yes, I would like to try a collab project. I've never done one before.
Ironically, my first fic started as a collab, but then I left it and spun off on my own because I had too many good ideas that didn't fit in the group's premise.

Comment posted by Ether Echoes deleted Nov 3rd, 2013

It should be Zoidberg Jesus! XD


Shall read soonish.

This is hilarious. Just on the premise alone. Fav'd.

3199139
A bit unkosher, perhaps... but why not? :twilightblush:

3199152
I was tempted to, really... but I just couldn't work it in credibly.

3199182
:twilightsmile: Now that's what I like to hear.

I tell you what, I could not stop laughing! Supremely hilarious! Faving and linking, oh so very much!

3199294 You're welcome! I'm also reading "The Clothes make the Mare." Very interesting…!

I'm a christian, so just one question: will I find this offensive?

3199326
Oh no. :twilightsmile: Of course not.

sequal? i thought jesus wasn't that bad felt it went a little over board on him he wasn't doing anything to wrong to deserve prison garden decoration treatment. think they would try to "reform" him later on?

3199375

...can't help but feel that's a sarcastic smile.

3199387
Sure why not?
How about Discord Finds Mohammed? :trollestia:

3199399
In the end, only you can tell if you'll be offended or not.

Yup, that was a sarcastic smile :ajbemused:.

Well, other than feeling...slightly offended I found no real legitimate reason to give this a dislike, so I'll just leave it be.

3199422 no need to get discord stoned again so soon. this story putting an ouch to my species feelings.
just be careful religion is like a time bomb careful what ya write alright?

3199326
you should be relatively clear. there are a few attributes, but little more.:twilightsmile:

offensive...

3199432
3199810
Oh come on... I gave a very flattering portrait. What is there to be offended about? :fluttercry:

3199469
I like time bombs. :pinkiecrazy:

3199778
:twilightsmile: Yay! More repeat readers!

3199915
well for one, your saying jesus is in equestria, and then is set in stone! WHY WOULD HE BE SET IN STONE!?!?

All-knowing as I was, I wasn't able to be startled. It was a shame, really. I would have liked to know what it was like.

But if he doesn't know what it's like to be startled, then he isn't all-knowing.
PARADOX

Anyway, amusing at first, but I can't help but overanalyze one bit. Specifically, lesbianism is never explicitly condemned in the Bible. Leviticus forbids man lying with man, but that's part of the Old Testament. So, much like eating pork, being gay is wrong only if you're Jewish.

In any case, I have to wonder: if Equestria is part of the Invisible Pink Unicorn's universe, then what's the cosmos of the Flying Spaghetti Monster like?

3199920
Oh, that? Just a misunderstanding, really. :facehoof: Celestia thought he was threatening her citizens.
Why would that be offensive?

3199942

All-knowing as I was, I wasn't able to be startled. It was a shame, really. I would have liked to know what it was like.

But if he doesn't know what it's like to be startled, then he isn't all-knowing.
PARADOX

:pinkiehappy:

Anyway, amusing at first, but I can't help but overanalyze one bit. Specifically, lesbianism is never explicitly condemned in the Bible. Leviticus forbids man lying with man, but that's part of the Old Testament. So, much like eating pork, being gay is wrong only if you're Jewish.

Quick! Somebody tell Jesus that!
:unsuresweetie: And tell the modern church while you're at it. They still seem to be under the impression that homosexuality is wrong.

In any case, I have to wonder: if Equestria is part of the Invisible Pink Unicorn's universe, then what's the cosmos of the Flying Spaghetti Monster like?

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing It'll involve pirates and global warming.

3200037
because he wouldn't do that!

3200037 You know, I know a guy who's friends with the guy who wrote "Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster". :pinkiehappy:

3200037

Quick! Somebody tell Jesus that!

Yes, well, if you actually knew anything about the historical person you're mocking in this little story of yours, love, you would know that Jesus of Nazareth was not the type to go around thundering fire-and-brimstone pronouncements like

“I am no mere man!” I raised my arms up and let my voice grow to a thunderous boom. “I am half man, half God!” I lowered an arm to point at the two mares. “And what you two do is an affront to God! You must stop at once, and repent!”

To the contrary, he was all about things like "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and simply encouraging wrongdoers to "go forth and sin no more". And he hated hypocrites (which would put a lot of the modern church leaders in some hot water with him, to be sure, were he to come back and express his opinion of what several branches of Christianity have turned into).

As for the modern Christian church considering homosexuality a sin -- yes, well, so does Islam. Do you have the stones to write a similar story putting Mohammad in the same position? I rather doubt it.

3200100
I take it as a matter of faith that He would.

3200177
Do I have the 'stones' to do this with Mohammad?
Just wait for the sequel! :rainbowdetermined2:

3200129
:twilightsmile: You live up to your username well.

3200195
I'm an ordained minister.
(For real: Universal Life Church)
And I'm willing to offer you the Lord's forgiveness as long as you perform a penitence: thumbs-up this story. :trollestia:

3200334
He, would not. I feel like this might be a sin to do this with his name or try and impersonate him

3200356
First of all, I think it's highly offensive that you would challenge my faith like that.
I feel very strongly that it is something Jesus would do.

Second, yes it is a sin. It's okay though. I've already gotten forgiveness for it.

3200377
Ok then...have fun with your 'forgiveness' since jesus never outright told people to repent, but tried to sway their ways in most situations.

Damn, dude! You don't pull any punches, do you? :pinkiehappy:

I'm sure CheezWhiz will forgive you, though...

3200423

Ok then...have fun with your 'forgiveness'

I will. :twilightsmile:
Lots of fun. :twilightblush:

since jesus never outright told people to repent, but tried to sway their ways in most situations

John 8:14

3200424
Nope! :twilightsmile: No punches pulled here!

3200445
you know, you kind of scare me...

3200453

Exodus 14:14
The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.

Title: Skeptical.
Relationship between Discord and Jesus: Bros before hoes.
Magic Duel: Hell Yeah!
Messing with Bon Bon and Lyra: What an asshole.
Being turned to stone: Are his arms outstreched?
Story: Comical

If ponies had thumbs...they would be up.

3200551
The magic duel was my favorite part, too. :twilightsheepish:

So looking forward to a sequel if you've got one planned.:pinkiehappy:

The only issue I could find where it didn't seem to line up with the facts of Jesus's existence is that he's not half-God and half-Man, but 100% of both. God and Man in one.

Apart from that, I liked all the references to His miracles, and knowing that He works within the physics of the world and doesn't break them, I liked the touch you put in there about the water flowing up through the nail holes even though He was walking on it just fine.

Also, using the situation at Sugarcube Corner to reflect His anger at the dealers in the Temple of Jerusalem, I say kudos to you!

3200801
Finally, a religious person who likes it! ^.^



(See, detractors, there's nothing to get offended about. :twilightsmile:)

so we are this far gone...

3200873
Um... how far gone?

3201639 So far gone not even the Flying Spaghetti Monster can save us.

3201639 this far___________________________gone :ajsleepy: .........................what where we talking about again?:twilightoops:

Ah, I was hoping Jesus would kick their flanks, but then again he stopped Peter's sword, violence wouldnt be his style. But come on, he is the son of God, the elements should just tickle him or break before his divine presence or something.
Very nice though, funny but never truly offensive, you kept the balance perfectly.

Meh, Jesus would win.

Towards the end with the clouds I was hoping The Lord would send angels and then Equestria would convert.

319669

Alright, then! If you want to do a collab, by all means, let's do it!

We just need a topic...

3201783
Good thing we've still got the IPU!

3202419
Oh, there will be a cover image of him.

You know how to stop muslims from rioting every time that happens?
Do it every day. They can't riot every day.

3203753
Thanks! :twilightsmile: Nice to see someone who can keep things in perspective.

3204389
But is winning His style?

3205607
But that would need 10x the word count to cover properly. :raritydespair:

3205710
Will PM

3205905
Coming back in three days?
I am so using that in the sequel! :trollestia:

3206429

. A cover page with Muhammad!, Roits everyday! :facehoof:- thanks for setting back the safety of the middle eastern countries by ten years, doesn't anyone remember what they did when that guy created the tralier for the anti-muhammed movie on youtube, 1 man to piss them all off.

No, realy. I'm serious.
The way to eventually solve the problem is to do what pisses them off continually. Nobody, not even Muslims, can keep rioting every day forever. Eventually, they'll have to stop rioting and go back to their daily lives -- despite the continued presence of offensive material. And when that happens, we -- those who value freedom over bronze age superstition -- win.

Conversely, when we allow them to dictate what we can and can't do, they win.

Besides that, personally, I'm not scared.
Hear that? I'm not scared of what they might do. Bring it on. I can take it.

3208044
:rainbowlaugh:
That makes my day.

3208124
Oh, good. Now I've got a cover image!

Login or register to comment