• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 562 Views, 6 Comments

Dark Mistakes - NakedSpaceMan



From every dark soul, a mistake was it's creator

  • ...
2
 6
 562

Chapter 5

The day started out as good as it could. After explaining what could be explained to Twilight’s friends, as well as Celestia’s forgiveness, Armon apologised and the group moved on from what happened yesterday. Right now there were more pressing matters to attend to. Like finally finding out where the sixth element came from.

The group sat in the royal library in the quietest section they could find. After gathering around a table normally used for reading and studying, the group was interested in hearing Armon’s answer as to where the newer element came from.

“As you know, the original elements were made from the powers given to me by the gods. All I did was transfer them into a physical form. When I trapped Mortem and myself in Tartarus, we originally went our separate ways-” said Armon.

“Wait, you mean Mortem just left you there? No fighting or anything?” interrupted Rainbow Dash. “Rainbow please, don’t interrupt.” said Twilight. Armon held a hoof up to Twilight, “It’s alright Twilight, we did have a few exchanges but eventually he realized it was a waste of time. Killing me wouldn’t break him out of Tartarus.” said Armon.

“After about thirty or so years though, Mortem just showed up again. At first I thought he had come to kill me, but he actually was seeking friendship.” said Armon.

“He wanted to be friends? You would think he would want nothing to do with you.” said Rarity.

“Your right Rarity, I was as surprised as you when he asked me. But after a while I understood why. With nothing but demons and other unintelligent creatures in Tartarus, I was the only one that could even give him companionship. Quite frankly, I could’ve used it too. So I agreed and we became friends.” said Armon

“But that still doesn’t explain where the element came from, by wat’ you said Mortem could only give you his power unless he gave it to you.” said Applejack.

“You’re almost right Applejack, I was given the God’s powers as a gift. And that is the only way to get them. After twenty years, age caught up with me. Mortem would of course stay alive since he was immortal, but I gave my morality up when I created the elements. So he offered to give me immortality.” said Armon.

“Give immortality? But that’s not even possible. Ponies have searched for centuries for that power and no one has ever come close, not even Starswirl.” said Twilight.

“I won’t argue that, I’ve been gone. But he did give me immortality. His plan actually was quite ingenious. He would put his soul into my body to share, that way I become immortal and he continues to exist, even if only in my mind.” said Armon

“You mean you have a voice in your head too? Neat, I thought I was the only one.” said Pinkie Pie. Armon was slightly disturbed by this pony, even more so by what she just said. But everypony else didn’t seem to think twice about it. Was something like that normal for this pink pony to say?

“No, it didn’t exactly work out. As it turns out, memories are tied to our bodies. When he came into mine, he lost the memory of our friendship. He thought I stole his soul and started to hate me. Remember what I said to you before Twilight, about what I thought about when I woke up?” said Armon.

Twilight nodded, she hadn’t told her friends yet about everything they said yet in their nightlong conversation. She didn’t feel like they should know just yet. What was important was to learn about where her element came from.

“Well, he was the one telling me that. I guess he was hoping he could take over my body if I did what he told. I never listened though. But it did take a toll on me.” said Armon.

“But, that still doesn’t explain about Twilight’s element.” said Fluttershy.

“Actually it does. When his soul came into my body, so did his powers. I chose though to hang onto them. I was hoping with my immortality back, Luz would be able to get to me somehow. But as she told me, the elements wouldn’t have been enough. So I was stuck there no matter what. One day, I just couldn’t take Mortem talking. Telling me to do things to myself in anger. I just took his power and sent it away, hoping he would just be quiet.” said Armon.

With the full story revealed, Twilight mulled over the information given. It all did make sense. But there was one thing that was still troubling her.

“Armon if I may ask, why did you attack Fluttershy when we brought you through the portal?” asked Twilight.

Armon sat in his chair silently. He dreaded Twilight asking about that. He was hoping to reveal his problem to Luz but there was no way Twilight wasn’t going to get an answer. “Remember when I said that I pulled Armon’s powers out? Well I still kept some to keep my immortality and some of his powers. Turns out that was enough for him say inside, just a little quieter. When I was pulled through, he told me to strike. He was afraid of dying as much as me and I’m not invincible, just immortal.” Armon looked across the round table towards Fluttershy. “I never did get the chance to say sorry about that. Can you please forgive me?” asked Armon.

Fluttershy blushed a little at Armon’s sincerity, “Oh, of course I forgive you.” said Fluttershy.

With all the questions answered, the group could finally move on. There was nothing to worry about. “Well now that that’s done, what will you do Armon?” asked Twilight.

Armon sat there thinking, he had never had the chance to think about what he’s going to be doing now that he’s back in the mortal world. “I suppose I could try to restart. Maybe make another farm. Right now though, I just need a place to stay.” said Armon.

“You are more than welcome to stay here Armon.” said Celestia

“I appreciate your offer Luz but, no offence but I’d prefer to be somewhere smaller. This castle is nice but, it’s a little too much for me.” said Armon.

Celestia smiled and turned to Twilight, “Twilight, would it be alright if Armon came back with you to Ponyville?” asked Celestia.

Twilight immediately smiled at the thought and said yes.

“Then it’s settled. Armon, you’ll move to Ponyville and stay with Twilight for the time being.” said Celestia.

Armon got up and walked over to Twilight. He gave a bow before saying, “I appreciate your hospitality Twilight. I won’t be a nuisance.”

The ponies walked out of the study area and began the preperations for Armon’s residence to Ponyville. Armon was given a small fund of bits from the royal treasury to give him a start and some clothes for when he needed them. He refused to have his ragged robes taken away, it meant a lot to him after all. The group then got onto the express train back to Ponyville after giving Celestia a goodbye, Armon giving her a long hug and saying a somewhat tearful goodbye to each other.

================================================================================

Deep inside the Canterlot Castle vault, the elements of harmony sat in their protective case. As Armon got further and further away from the case, the Element of magic suddenly started to glow before fading to a dark glow. Slowly starting to fill with black smoke starting with a small spot.

Author's Note:

I think I'm getting better at writing. Chapters are getting longer and writing is becoming easier.

Oh and this is the last chapter for Canterlot, we're finally going into the main story in Ponyville.