• Published 30th Aug 2013
  • 562 Views, 6 Comments

Dark Mistakes - NakedSpaceMan



From every dark soul, a mistake was it's creator

  • ...
2
 6
 562

Chapter 4

Twilight was on a manhunt, or ponyhunt. The thought of Celestia angered her beyond measure and she was determined to make Armon pay for what he did. The girls had split up to find Armon to cover more ground. Twilight decided to try to search nearer to the garden and expand from there.

After hours of searching no one was able to find him. Even Rainbow Dash couldn’t find him from the sky. The next best idea they had was to wait for him to hopefully return. Celestia has asked the girls to forgive him but Twilight couldn’t accept it.

They decided to call it in for a night and hope he would turn up tomorrow. Twilight couldn’t sleep however. Why did he slap her? The question played in her mind over and over again. For the life of her she couldn’t come up with one single answer. Frustrated that she couldn’t solve the question, she slipped out of bed to take a walk.

As she walked the question just wouldn’t go away. Before she knew it, she had lost track of where she was going and wandered around aimlessly. Finally looking up, she saw him.

Armon was sitting next to the pond underneath Luna’s tower. Twilight was angry and happy at the same time. She found him and was ready to pound him senseless. She marched over to him ready to take a swing before he could run away again. When she reached him she stopped.

Armon had tears running down his face as he stared at the pond. Twilight’s intention to hit him instantly melted away. She could never hit someone that was hurt. She sat beside Armon waiting for him to talk to her. After what seemed like hours though, the silence made Twilight lose her mind and want to talk to him. Maybe find out why he did what he did.

“Are you alright?” asked Twilight. Armon was content to not answer but something told him that it wasn’t a good idea to be alone anymore. “I don’t know.” said Armon. He really didn’t know. One part of him was happy to be back in the mortal world but the other was still angry on the fact Luz took so long to bring him back when she had the power to do so.

“Is there anything I can do?” asked Twilight. Armon considered the question before he decided that there was something that needed to be answered. “What’s Luz like?” asked Armon.

Twilight was somewhat surprised by the question. She was expecting him to ask who she was or what has happened in the thousand years he’s been gone. But immediately he wanted to know about his friend? “Well, she’s amazing is the best answer I can give to that. She’s kind, gentle, sweet, she’s like a second mother to me.” said Twilight.

Armon sat and thought over the answer she gave him. He was expecting her to be described as a ruler type. Selfish but keeps up appearances. But instead, she’s just the same as ever. It brought a smile to Armons face to know that after a thousand years, her friends was still the same. Unlike him.

“Can I ask you a question?” asked Twilight. Armon nodded. “Why did you hit Celestia?” asked Twilight. Armon was confused as to who Celestia was before he remembered what time he’s in. In the old Equestrian tongue, Luz meant sun. Celestia must be the new translation for it. “It’s not important anymore.” said Armon.

Twilight was about to ask more but she knew that prying would just drive him away and accept the answer for now. “Your turn.” said Twilight. Armon instantly asked what happened since he’s been gone. Twilight filled him in with every detail she could muster. From Luna and Nightmare moon to Discord’s rise and fall to more recent events like the Royal Wedding.

Armon was surprised at how much happened while he was away. He had been expecting the land to be peaceful again after everything he did. He wasn’t upset about it though, after all Luz stopped them all and apparently the mare next to him.

“My turn now. If you don’t mind me asking, what was it like? You know, in Tartarus?” asked Twilight. She had only gone to the gate to Tartarus a few times, most recently to return Cerberus to it. She had never actually been in it.

Armon was about to leave but there was something about the mare next to her that riveted him on the ground. “Have you ever woke up one day and wanted to die?” asked Armon. Twilight was somewhat aghast at the question but she answered no. “It’s like living in a existance where you can only wish you could because you’re in pain but you can't.” said Armon.

Twilight was somewhat disturbed by his answer. Not at him but the fact he was so quick to know the answer. He must of had a horrible existence for him to wish to know what it was like to die.
“If you wanted to die so badly, why didn’t you just? Well, you know.” asked Twilight.

“Kill myself?” finished Armon. Twilight was ashamed after he finished but he was right. “I thought about it hundreds of times. But I could never do that to Luz. If she did ever somehow get to me in Tartarus, I could never just leave her.” said Armon.

Twilight was somewhat happy with his answer. He was a caring soul. He voluntarily sacrificed his life and lived an existence of misery just so Celestia wouldn’t be sad. Any anger she had for Armon was instantly gone.

“My turn now.” said Armon. “Who are you exactly? Luz seems to talk to you a lot.” Twilight had forgotten to mention her mentor pupil relationship with Celestia. “Oh well I’m her personal student.”

So for hours, they asked each other questions. Spanning from their personal lives to events that happened while Armon was gone until Twilight noticed the sun starting to rise. She got up and stood in front of him holding out her hoof. “So, are you ready to come back?” asked Twilight?

Armon took her hoof and stood up. They then walked back inside ready to start Armon’s first day back in the mortal world.

Author's Note:

It seems I forgot to make chapter 4 public and chapter 3 ended up getting double posted. Sorry.