• Published 6th Sep 2013
  • 1,017 Views, 34 Comments

The Dead Of Night - Raidah



RD, AJ and Rarity are lost in the Everfree Forest. With RD having a broken wing, no memory of how they got there, and somepony or something hunting them down, can they make it through the night alive?

  • ...
10
 34
 1,017

Finding Rarity

The next morning, Applejack awoke to an even heavier rainstorm than the previous day.

"Gosh darnit!" She yelled. Throwing her hat on the ground.

Then, all of a sudden, she heard moaning behind her. Rainbow Dash was coming to.

"Rainbow!" AJ said happily, "You're awake!!!"

Rainbow Dash only moaned louder.

"Aaagh!" RD said painfully. "What happened?"

"You got smashed into a tree," AJ explained, "ah caught you and brought you here, where we'd be safe and dry till you came to. Problem is..." She gestured to the storm unfolding around the tree.

"Wow... That is quite a storm..." Rainbow said in astonishment.
"Well, should I try to go deal with it?" She asked.

"You're kidding right?" AJ replied, "You'll be thrown around even worse than yesterday!"

"I gotta try!" RD countered, "Or we'll never get out of here!"

But as she tried to take off, Rainbow felt a sharp pain in her right wing.

"OW!!!" Rainbow Dash yelled, "My wing!"

As she turned her head to inspect her wing, she saw that the lower bone was cracked in half, and her wing hung limply at her side.

"What's wro-- oh..." AJ said. "Doesn't look like we are goin' anywhere now..."

"Argh! This hurts, can you bandage it with something?!" RD said impatiently.

"Hold on." AJ said.

Tearing vines off the lowest branch she could find, Applejack proceeded to make makeshift bandages to hold Rainbow's wing together until they could get her to the hospital.

"That should hold it, for now." Said AJ after finishing the bandage.

"Let's hope." Rainbow agreed.

As the day went on, the rainstorm slowly but surely died down. The two friends were very relieved that the storm had passed. And decided to keep looking for Rarity. After about two hours of searching, they heard faint complaining, or really, whining, off in the distance. Complaints that could only come from one pony that they know, Rarity.
Excited to have finally found her, Rainbow Dash and Applejack galloped toward the sound of Rarity's voice.

"Rarity!" Called Rainbow Dash. "Is that you?!"

"Rainbow Dash?" Rarity replied.

"Yep! That's Rarity alright!" AJ said happily. "Now lets go get her!"

As they rounded the next tree, they found their friend. All alone and dripping wet.

"Rarity! We're so glad we found you!" Said a relieved Applejack.

"I'm glad you found me too." Rarity said gratefully, "Now we can get out of here."

"Uh, guys?" Rainbow Dash started, "Just which way IS out of here?"

"I remember!" Said Rarity pointing her hoof right, then left, "it's this... way......"

"Oh crud!" Rainbow said disappointedly, "now we'll never get back home."

"Why don't you fly overhead and look for a way out Rainbow Dash?" asked Rarity in confusion.

"My wing is broken, again." Rainbow replied sadly.

"Oh well isn't that just wonderful?!" Rarity said sarcastically.

"Calm down everypony," said AJ, "if we keep worryin' we'll never get back home! We gotta start tryin' to retrace our steps."

"Good idea Applejack!" Agreed Rainbow Dash.

"NOT SO FAST!!!" yelled somepony in the trees.

"Huh?" The three said in unison.

"You three aren't going anywhere!!!" Said the voice.

As the voice finished its sentence, three rocks came flying from the trees, hitting Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash squarely in the forehead, knocking them all out cold.

Author's Note:

This is where the fun begins! Hehehe