• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 524 Views, 2 Comments

The First Artificial Alicorn - bron33guy



Thunder Strike, a book repairist for Ponyville, creates a spell that could change Equestria, but The Princess, Twilight, must see it first, lest the spell be misused.

  • ...
12
 2
 524

Part Four: The Meeting With Royalty

Canterlot.

The pony city where Princess Twilight rules.
I say goodbye to Twilight's friends:
“Bye!”
“Bye Sparkly One!”
“It’s Thunder Strike!”
Smirking, I can see why Twilight had a good time in Ponyville. They are great ponies. First things first though. To Twilight. I used a spell to build a 3d map in my head and then knew how to reach the castle gates. With my bags with me, I approached one of the guards

“Halt! Who goes there?”
“It is I, Thunder Strike, here to see the Princess”
“Proof please”
“What’s that floating in front of you?”
“Oh” The guard pony reads the summoning letter, and takes a peek at the seal. He whispers and sends a messenger to Twilight.

“You are to await here to get a response, after that, should the Princess agree, you will be sent by escort to her. Magic will not work inside unless the Princess lets it happen.”
I nod, and stand a-waiting, cleaning my hooves by magic. The messenger comes back and whispers into the ear of the guard.
“You are granted permission to go without escort. Remember, magic still won’t work within the castle grounds”
“I’ll remember that sir. Left at the spiral staircase is it?”

The guard nods and goes back to staring straight ahead. A cold tingly feeling washes over me and I realise that’s the anti magic field. A encasing appears over my horn. That’s likely a blocker. Using the map the princess sent me by telepathy, I finally appear at the main hall doors, which open of their own accord into the largely empty room, with the Princess herself, sitting upon the throne, and her friends next to her.

Twilight waves her horn. The encasing dissapears
“Now you may perform you new piece of magic without fear!”
I get out all the evidence and it flies over to Twilight. The parchment with the spell on it is in perfect knick. I start reading. Focus! A flash of light.
“Note that I am not an true Alicorn by definition. I can just fly now. It's more like a mod”
I begin flying around, doing stunts Rainbow Dash often does. She’s got the 'oh lookie here we've got a showoff' face. This freedom is unbelievable! Landing back on the floor, I announce.

“Now Princess, if I can get a bit more airspace, I can show that there is more!”
She waves her horn.
I am floating in the air above the castle. I perform the spell and go up high, diving just like I saw Dash did at the Young Flier competition. Come on! I aint' giving in! Sparks fly. A sparkling sonic rainboom echos forth across Canterlot. Gulp. I didn't think I could actually do that! The ground’s coming up fast! Oh great! Come on artificial wings! Don’t fail me now! I pull off a 180 degree turn and just tap the hard courtyard of the castle and rocket up through Cloudsdale like Dash herself often does, only 20% cooler and faster than ever! Feeling adventurous, I zoom past The Wonderbolts, increasing my altitude, grabbing some cloud and forming into the Wonderbolt logo with perfect precision, before roaring back into the castle hall through a window landing in the perfect center of the hall, albeit tired. (The spell is rather draining on magical reserves)

“Like I thought, I can be both Pegasus and Unicorn at differing times and still be good! Buckin’!” I say with a hoof pump. Before turning to meet the stunned faces of everyone. (Even Dash!)
“What? I’m good when I’m good!”
“I didn’t think this spell could do so much. Does it work on earth ponies?”
“No, haven’t tested it yet”
“Well, as Princess, and partly because I need to see this through, I will help you evolve the spell far beyond what it is capable now, into a spell that must be controlled. But I see many uses in the near future"

Bowing low, I reply:
"It was my pleasure, Princess"

Author's Note:

Wow! Chapter 4! I didn't think I'd get so far! As usual, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated!