• Published 28th Aug 2013
  • 524 Views, 2 Comments

The First Artificial Alicorn - bron33guy



Thunder Strike, a book repairist for Ponyville, creates a spell that could change Equestria, but The Princess, Twilight, must see it first, lest the spell be misused.

  • ...
12
 2
 524

Part Two: Success!

LOGBOOK ENTRY 274
THE SPELL HAS SUCCEEDED, AND THE POWER IS ENORMOUS. BUT BEFORE I CAN USE THIS FREELY, THE PRINCESS MUST BE NOTIFIED, AS POWER LIKE THIS IS FAR TOO EASILY MISUSED. I WILL ATTACH A COPY OF THE REQUEST LETTER BELOW
1042C.R.

Princess Twilight Sparkle,
I have a request to meet with you, in regards to something that I feel you must know about. Judging by your past studies of friendship and magic under Celestia, I feel that this must be shared with you first. Apologies to complaints about the weird letters I am sure the guards and mail deliverers, (and many magic scanners) might have felt uneasy about, but on my word, this letter only has a memory attached to it with what I have to show you, with the entire letter scrambled in such a way that only the sender and recievee can see the true contents. This reason, you shall see, upon seeing the memory, will become clear. I was brought up to listen to rules, and this tradition is one I follow.
Wishing your days go well
Thunder Strike , Ponyville

Thunder Strike took it to the post office, and paid the naturally heavy fee of bits to send a letter to royalty. The fee covered the many costs of getting the letter filtered, screened, and scrutinized, to ensure the letter was harmless, before it even got to the hooves of the Princess. Thunder Strike walked back to his house and saw a couple fillies run past and under him, tripping him up.

“Oops, sorry mister”
“It’s alright you lot” I replied, chuckling “I was just like you when I was younger”
“I didn’t know we had another unicorn out here” asked the trio of fillies, (which in a brief realization, were the trio know around town as the Cutie Mark Crusaders)
.
“I’ve always been here; it’s just that I don’t take many trips into town. Don’t worry, I have friends, even though I was the ‘not for friends’ type when I first came here. Pinkie Pie changed all that”
“Why is it that you don’t go into town mister?”
“Well, my work keeps me busy, see?” I reply “I repair magical books”
“Twilight used to do that before she left for Canterlot” said Scootaloo

“Well I’m just filling in the hole she created when she left” I reply “Hey, would you guys mind doing me a favour? I wouldn’t mind if you spread the word about me in town if that’s okay. I reckon I might be able to set aside a couple bits every now and then to help y’all with what you do.”
“Cool mister!”
“Although I might be gone for a day in a couple weeks, maybe sooner”
“Oh okay mister”
“Off you go”
“See ya!”

I wasn’t prepared for something I saw poking out of my mailbox. I thought: Impossible, the mail run’s tomorrow, unless…
I grabbed it and went inside to read it, locking the door behind me.

Thunder Strike ,
When I received you letter and browsed the memory you attached, was what I saw true, in that you appear to have made something revolutionary? If what I saw was true, you must come to Canterlot immediately! You should find a premium ticket enclosed. Pack your bags and use that ticket to travel to Canterlot and meet me as soon as you can! Powerful things like this should not be delayed! You appear to be a relatively talented unicorn in these arts, and I am flattered that you would bring such a thing before me first. Even Celestia agrees that your actions to bring it before royalty first was the right thing to do. We have much to talk about.
Princess Twilight.

A quick magical check I performed confirmed that Twilight, the Princess, really did write this letter. I was thunderstuck, but glad I filed off that letter first. It would have been rude to suddenly show up and try to see Twilight when it may not have suited her. At least I gave her that option. Time to get packing! I grabbed logbooks and evidence, magically sealing the original parchment with the spell on it in a shielder to keep damage away, and piled it all into my bag, adding a suit to wear before appearing in Canterlot. Well! I haven’t gone to Canterlot before, and basic one way tickets are usually flamin’ expensive! There is no time to waste! I finally flung my best quill in and pocketed the ticket and locked down the bag. Nearly ready. I grabbed another quill and scribbled a note which I left on my door:

Thunder Strike’s Book Repairs
Gone to Canterlot. ETA back in Ponyville not known. Leave messages on table. Don’t ask questions.
Thunder Strike.

I levitated my bag out the door, pinning the note on the door, double checking that I was packed for every situation. Yes, the Princess’s response letter was in the bag. I’m going to Canterlot!. To meet the Princess herself in person to boot! Assuming this spell works (I know it does) and it doesn't fail. The one who was once Celestia’s student. Let’s go! Trotting down through Ponyville, I see all of Twilight’s friends. If only I could tell them. Pushing that aside, I trotted up to the ticket master of Ponyville station and handed him the ticket.

“3 uses of 2 way travels to Canterlot”. He says in an undertone. What really boggles his eyes is the signature: T Sparkle and the Royal Seal after it.
“I take my hat off. This ticket’s one the Princess herself issued to you?”
“Eeyup, as Big Macintosh himself might say.” I reply
“Whoa Nelly! Safe travels then!”

Author's Note:

The second chapter! As usual, comments and feedback are appreciated! I actually drafted this chapter in Word before copying and pasting, then adding the final modifications. Makes things a bit easier.