• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 477 Views, 3 Comments

Octavia and her nightmare - Moniker



Octavia has a nightmare. Who is beside her, for her when ever she needs it? He dear friend...Voxal.

  • ...
 3
 477

Nightmares 2.0

Octavia and her nightmare

Dancing With Discord

Nightmares 2.0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Octavia leapt out of her bed in fright. "S-Sweet C-Celestia," she felt her heart pound she shook her head. "O-Oh it was only a dream...th-then what was the tapping?" she wondered. She looked at the open window; a branch was tapping at the window cell's top. "Oh," she got up brought the covers off her, she then closed the door. The room was silent then a recognizable sound filled her ears; a faint tap, tap, tap Octavia's eyes widened. She looked left nothing was there. Then to her right, there was a figure next to her. It spoke to her. "Shh..." nothing else happened for a moment. Then...something happened. Slice! Splat! red mist flew on the curtains Octavia leapt out of bed. This time before getting up she closed her eyes, and pinched herself; she felt it. She was most defiantly awake. She sighed in relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Octavia looked to her left first then to her right. Nothing was there. She sighed though relief. She slowly and regretfully got to her hooves and closed the open window. "S-So that was just a dream," she closed her eyes for a moment in bed. A flash of a black figure with a wide, white grin on its face appeared. Octavia immediately reopened them. "I guess sleeping's out of the question," Octavia sighed. She gulped; her room was nothing but darkness she sat there for a moment hearing only her heartbeat grow faster. "I...I know this is such a filly move, but...I'm going to sleep with my lights on," she went to her lights. She turned on the lights; it was still dark. "Huh?" her eyes widened in realization. "Vinyl, I ask you to do something for me and you let me down!" she yelled in frustration she cut it off when she found how early it was. She walked slowly to her bed. As she sighed comfortably that was cut short. With a light tap, tap she gasped. "A-Am I still d-dreaming?" she wondered. Not wanting to look up. She finally built up the courage to glance up. Nothing was there; it was only starting to rain. "Oh c'mon, it's raining," she never known fear like this. Not this amount at least. She bit her lip.

"When is day coming?" she grinded her teeth to take away the sound of the tap, tap it was terrifying to her. She sighed. She felt a rush of cold go down her spine with every breath. She also felt her heart skip a beat every time a raindrop falls. "Sh-Should I-I wake Vinyl?" she pondered the idea. "No, I-I can't, she, she's in Trotingham, plus, her room is at the other end of the hall," she sighed in disappointment. She soon remembered something; she has a dear friend right next to her room. "Sh-Should I wake Voxal?" she again pondered the idea; it was much tempting, she can't just go back to sleep. As she climbed back on bed she immediately jumped something felt off about her bed...it was wet. "Oh, goddamn it!" she again cutting herself off of her yelling. "I haven't wet the bed for years," she sighed in frustration. She started to wonder if she should wake Voxal now. She basically has no dignity anymore in her own eyes. She sighed as she regretfully made her choice. She walked out of her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Octavia stood at the foot of Voxal's bed. Voxal was sound asleep. She glanced at a notebook. "I never understood his like to the 'My Little Human: Friendship is Human' thing," she nudged her friend. All that did was a turn him to his side. She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. Soon enough the same image popped into her head and her eyes shot open. "V-Voxal, V-Voxal?" she kept nudging him. Getting a loud yawn she knew she was successful.

"Uh...Octavia, what's the matter?" Voxal asked wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

She blushed. "Uh...we...it's nothing you can go back to sleep," she blushed.

"Hey, you don't just wake me, if everything is alright, now what's bothering you?" Voxal asked more serious this time.

She gulped. "It's quite s-silly we...well you see, I-I-I had a..." she gave a deep breath. “I had a nightmare," she breathed out.

Voxal nodded. "Alright, we'll talk about it in the morning," Voxal offered.

She rubbed her hooves behind her head. "Well, y-you see I can't really," she let the sentence drag on.

He gave another loud yawn. "Why's that?" he asked.

"I-I can't sleep," she admitted.

Voxal shrugged. "Alright, well, then follow me, it's one of those kind of dreams, I hate that kind of dream," he led her to the kitchen. He went to the coffee maker. He poured two cups of the black hot liquid; Steam arose from the top. Octavia looked at the coffee cup. "Is everything okay?" Voxal asked.

She looked back at Voxal. "Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine, it's just..." she stopped her sentence.

"It's just what?" he asked.

"This is fine," she said.

Voxal looked more sternly at Octavia. "Octavia what is it?" he asked again.

"It's that...I would've loved some tea, but...but this is alright, I assure you," Octavia said.

Voxal put the cup down with his wings. "Okay," he lifted each cup and put them in the sink. He grabbed two fresh cups. He poured two cups of tea; the steam still arose from the top. "So...what was this nightmare about?" Voxal asked taking a sip of tea. Yuck! he thought. He got up and walked back over. He put a packet of Flim Flam Super Sweetie 7000

"Well, I was in bed, I fell asleep, when I awoke, this figure with a big kitchen knife was at me, he only said. “Shh..." I wanted to scream but...I couldn't, when I awoke again, I found a slight tapping I heard before I saw the figure was caused by a branch of the tree in front, when I closed it, I heard the sound of my heartbeat, then the sound of tapping, I woke up again, this time I pinched myself, I was awake, when I got up to close the windows I sat back at bed, I laid down on my side, I saw a flashing image of the monster that terrified me. Then I when I lay back down and..." she blushed. "And that is it," she blushed more.

Voxal used his wing and rubbed Octavia's back. "Damn, of course you're scared, I wouldn't be surprised if I saw that thing in my next dream," he comforted. "Where to begin?" he wondered.

"It's only fair I tell you one of my nightmares, only thing, I don't know which to choose," he tapped his muzzle with his left wing. "Okay, my dad, he'd told me, about this creepy, and I mean creepy doll think called Buckie, oh my god, I'd have nightmares, of it attacking me, other nightmares scared me, those ones had scared the piss out of me, literally, I peed my bed every time, I got over them when I grew a fear of wereponies. I've had many nightmares, then Vamponies " Voxal admitted.

Octavia sighed. The tea was defiantly doing its job. "Thanks for your understanding," Octavia thanked.

"No problem," Voxal said. They kept talking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Octavia took her last sip of tea, as Voxal did the same; after adding so many Flim Flam Super Sweetie 7000s to it. "So, do you think you are ready to get to bed?" Voxal asked.

Octavia rubbed her head slightly. "Uh...n-not really," she was vague.

"Why?" Voxal asked; with some suspicions.

Octavia's blush deepened. "N-No reason," she hoped she had diverted the question; however, what she doesn't know is how stubborn Voxal is.

"Why?" he repeated the question.

Octavia's gray face was bright red. "No reason!" Octavia hissed at him. He jumped backwards.

"Whoa, damn girl, just be honest, why?" Voxal asked again.

Octavia ignored the even more serious question's tone. "N-Nothing V-Voxal!" Octavia hissed even more.

"Look, be honest, I promise I won't think of you differently, cross my heart and hope to fly stick a cupcake in my eye," he said doing the motions.

Octavia looked up at him. "Y-You sure, no matter how embarrassing, or degrading?" she asked.

"Of course, we're friends Octavia, I promised didn't I?" he said.

Octavia sighed. "We-Well, I-I sort o-of w-w-w-" she couldn't bring it to herself to say it; especially to her best friend's musical friend. "Well, you see I kind of-" she cut the sentence short.

"Spit it out Octavia," he said.

"I wet the bed," she clenched her eyes shut.

He laughed hard. "That's something that comes often with nightmares Octavia, haven't you had any nightmares before?" he asked.

"No, not really, not since I was five," she admitted.

"Oh..." he was speechless after that.

"Okay, come with me," he said. He led her to his room.

"Uh...this is your room, and aren't you worried about me wetting your bed?" she asked.

He laughed again. "Not really," he said while at a chest.

"What are you doing?" Octavia asked.

He looked back at her without turning around. "Wear this," he handed her a padded dipper.

"Hey! How'd you-" she was shocked he had got a gray dipper with her own cutie mark.

Voxal chuckled. "Look, just can you wear that,"

"How'd you get this?" she asked calming herself down.

He rolled his eyes. "I got it from my 'frenemy' Exie, she said you did that with her, I didn't know you were interested in mares," he said in an unjudgmental voice.

She shook her head. "Hell no, I a-I-I was just, wondering about that," Octavia hissed at Voxal.

He shoved her back. "Whoa, I was not judging you, anyway, just put that on,"

With a sigh she slipped on the dipper. She was surprised on how good it felt. "Okay, how do I sleep?" she asked. Voxal shrugged. "Okay, me and you can do that whole 'head to hoof' thing," Voxal offered.

"I-I would like that," Octavia admitted still angry with the dipper.

"Don't worry about a shower, I become paranoid in the shower," Voxal said bringing her back upstairs.

"Okay."

Comments ( 1 )

can you make one when she wakes up crying?

Login or register to comment