• Published 16th Aug 2013
  • 2,018 Views, 19 Comments

Tremors - Crimson_Lance



A certain armor-dillo rolls on through Equestria.

  • ...
2
 19
 2,018

Okay...

You don’t quite know what exactly happened, but you and your magenta-coloured ball are on the move again; that dark blue unicorn is chasing you down something fierce, but you can still keep a good 15 feet in front of her. That is, until she took wing. The jungle canopy opened up to a large clearing; the moon was looking full, and if the foreign, yet familiar lunar vibe you were getting from your pursuer was anything to go by;
“Should have stacked Magic Defense.”
You pick up some additional momentum, hoping to get back into the canopy before it began to rain silver on your magic-mashable carapace. Unfortunately, the sudden rocky wall said otherwise. As did the falling star coming down to see you. Make that stars. Make that stars with the intent to crater where you were lying.
“SHHHHHHHIIIIIIII-”
And then, there was the void.
-----
Luna looked up from the cataclysm she created, peering through the dust and rubble. She no longer saw the magenta bubble, but the armordillo, or at least the crater where he last stood. She approached cautiously, horn aglow and ready to cast. She peered into the crater, met with a very still and much burned-
“RAMMUS!”
Luna looked out behind her, only to see Celestia. Flabbergasted, she sat back on her haunches as the Sun Goddess surged past her and lept into the crater.
“Sunbursts, what did you do to him, Luna?”
Smacking herself with a hoof, Luna came to and responded,
“I had to subdue it! It leveled Ponyville, and injured hundreds, along with half of the elements of harmony! AND THEN IT DESTROYED THE MOON PIES!”
Celestia lifted Rammus’s limp form from the crater. She then summoned a laptop, presumable her’s and from her chambers, and Rammus disappeared with a ‘poof’ into the laptop. The laptop responded with “You have been slain.”
“Luna! This was YOU the whole time?! I thought… I thought…”
She paused, the absolute image of burning rage. Celestia’s ears folded back in worry, and the slightest glimmer of a shield spell manifested itself in front of her.
“… Lu-Lu?”
“… I thought you mained Leona.”
Luna snapped back to her normal, calm self. Celestia shook her head, ridding herself of the curiosity that was to follow Luna’s thought process.
“I do, but they banned her. So I picked Rammus. Also…”
Celestia raised an eyebrow.
“Moon pies? Really?”
Luna scrunched her muzzle.
“W-well, it was more about Ponyville, Twilight, her friends…”
Luna looked away, muzzle still scrunched.
“Honesty was best wielded by you, Lu-Lu.”
Celestia giggled. Luna looked back down the destroyed path Rammus left in his wake.
“What are we going to about Ponyville? The destruction is absolute, save some places. The only places fully intact are the farms.”
Celestia smiled.
“Lu-Lu, remember our budget impasse last year?”
Luna’s blood ran cold.
“N-no, I was saving that money! I wanted my own Moon Pie factory…”
Celestia wrapped a wing around a teary-eyed Luna.
“If it helps, the castle bakers know the recipe too. I’ll let them focus on your moon pies for a while.”
Luna looked up at her sister with a smile. She nuzzled into Celestia’s barrel as Celestia hugged her.
-----
Rammus sighed; here he was again, in the void. It has been a whole, agonizing, 32 seconds. All the while, his other teammates shouted at him balefully.
“WTF NAAB”
“STOP FEEDING”
“Need leash at blue”
“AFK TROLL”
“Not my fault I got sucked into… who knows where. Let alone being ganked. Diana’s not even in this match.”
However, due to his taciturn nature and his former status as a non-sentient armadillo, he could not relate this to his teammates. Instead…
“Okay.”
“REPORT iliekBAN4n4z FOR AFK/FEEDING!”

Author's Note:

Ah, I kinda dropped the ball on this chapter. This will be the final chapter, for I do believe I've either

a: Wrote myself in a corner
b: Too much real life stuff to do
c: Got real lazy

If I feel inspired/bothered enough, I might re-write this chapter and give it a better ending/extend it.

Thank you so much for reading my story! I feel good if people enjoy stuff I make (be it fics here or food IRL)
I hope to start work on a new fic, but I'm not sure when that will be.
Here's a teaser;

"I love my computer! It plays games, surfs the web, and, most importantly, gives me my pony fix. Oh, and I write papers on it. Recently though, I've noticed my files moving around to places I don't remember putting them or having names I don't remember assigning. There was even this one day there I could swear there were burn marks on certain wallpapers! I'm going to get avast to scan this thing and- Ooh! What's that light?"

Comments ( 2 )

You cant update this now after like a year :ajbemused: dont even remember what happenend

Was a good story, however you completely screwed the ending up. The beginning was mildly interesting, but it seems like you got more and more bored with the story, and gave up entirely. For this you get an F.

Login or register to comment