• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 1,201 Views, 14 Comments

Not My World - Featherflint The Pegasus



Featherflint wakes up in a forest, disoriented.

  • ...
 14
 1,201

Prologue

The exited chatter of voices filled the air.
"What will happen?"
"Will she survive?"
"This is dangerous..."
The blue maned Pegasus opened her eyes and stared at the wheeling bed she was attached to. Strapped down. The room was dark, despite the small blinking lights and loud beeps. A faint whirring was heard in the background.
“I think she's awake." Said a mare. She was all white, with a pink mane, and a crooked snout.

The Pegasus struggled against the straps. She couldn't get up. Her wings flapped rapidly, though it did nothing to move herself.
The whirring grew louder, but only by a bit. Her eyes opened fully, the pony's mane stuck up in places from the static. As her eyes adjusted to the dark, she could make out a clear Plexiglas tube around her. A light flashed on above her, stinging the mare's eyes. “Hgn..." She groaned. The whirring was a full on loud buzz now, and the blurry scientists were running around, like ants when the nest was kicked.
“Wait, she IS awake! Shut off the machine! Daisy, shut it off!" The buzzing noise was beginning to be a pain in her ears. It was getting louder.
"It won't shut off!" Shouted a panicky voice far off to the left. The light and buzzing noise were dulling her mind, making it more blurry than the glass tube she seemed to be in.

There was a siren beeping, adding to the blaring noise of the machine. The Pegasus couldn't get a grip on what was happening. The scientists began to fade away, and black ate at the corner of her vision. The lights in the tube went out, and the buzzing was no longer audible. Neither were the voices.