• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 2,232 Views, 39 Comments

Gloomy Sunday - TimbukTurnip



Pinkie writes letters to Rainbow Dash. Based on the song Gloomy Sunday.

  • ...
1
 39
 2,232

3rd Verse (Optional happy verse)

Hiya Dashie!

I realise you might be a bit confused, seeing as you woke up to find me teary-eyed and hugging you tightly, begging you to never leave.

Pretty weird way to wake up huh?

Well, there’s a reason for it. It seems silly I know, but I had a nightmare. A horrible, terrible nightmare.

You left, Dashie. And I don’t mean you went away for a little while to see the Wonderbolts or something. You left permanently, in the most permanent way possible, with no way to ever see you again. Ever. The world was dark and gloomy without you, and I was left feeling drained and empty.

It was so scary Dash. I’ve never been sadder in my entire life than I was in that dream. That nightmare. It was sickening, and so very painful. In fact, it hurt so much that I did the unthinkable. I chose to end the pain the same way it was caused; by joining you.

That was when I woke up.

But it's okay now Dashie, because I woke up. It was all just a dream. You're okay, you're still here, and the sky isn't gloomy. I'm not alone.

Now, you're probably wondering why I'm writing a letter instead of telling you this in person. There’s two reasons: firstly, in my dream, I wrote letters to you, even though you were gone. I wrote them as a way to not feel so lonely. Now that the dream is over and I know I’m not alone, I shouldn’t have a need to write to you, right? Well, it will sound weird, but for some reason, I have to write this letter. I have to. I have this nagging fear in the back of my mind that my dream was the real world, and that this is a dream - that you still being here is a fantasy brought on by a desperate mind. But every word I write seems to add strength to the idea that I'm not in dream, and that I am living in reality, instead of a nightmare. Of course, if I am in a dream, and you are really gone, I truly hope this dream never ends.

The second reason is that though I need to write this letter, and explain what happened, I don't ever plan on telling you about it. I can't stand the thought of my dream haunting you, making you sad. When I finish this letter, I'm going to roll it up and hide it somewhere you'll never find it. Because you shouldn't ever be sad, especially because of me, and especially when there's nothing to be sad about. I'm okay Dashie, honest!

So, that’s why you had a crazy and rude awakening – because of a nightmare. I realise you probably think that, knowing me, a dream like the one I had would stay with me, making me fearful of it one day becoming true.

But I know it won't. Do you know why?

When I woke you up, holding you as close as possible while tears ran down my face, I begged, demanded and pleaded for you to never leave.

Do you remember what you said?

"Pinkie Pie, I will never ever leave you, for any reason. Ever. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

You didn’t ask me why I was crying, or what had happened, and you didn’t get angry; you just told me exactly what I needed to hear, quickly and without hesitation.

And you Pinkie Promised.

You never break a Pinkie Promise.

That's why I'm okay. Why I couldn't be sad. Why I'm happier than ever in fact.

You're never going to leave, and I'm going to savour each and every moment I'm with you as if they were the best cupcakes in the world.


Now I must end this letter here as I plan to start baking you a cake as a way of apologising for waking you up like I did. I hope you like it!

Your bestest friend, until the very end,

Pinkie Pie