• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 2,231 Views, 39 Comments

Gloomy Sunday - TimbukTurnip



Pinkie writes letters to Rainbow Dash. Based on the song Gloomy Sunday.

  • ...
1
 39
 2,231

1st Verse

Dear Rainbow Dash

It’s Sunday and the skies are gloomy. It was gloomy yesterday too, as was the day before. Every day is gloomy now; there’s no speedy pegasus pony to clear away the clouds. No beautiful rainbow to cut through the oppressive grey that rests above our town. It just sits there, an all-encompassing presence reflecting the mood we all share and reminding us of your absence. I don’t know if its existence is to have fun at our expense or to express this burden of pain we all feel, but either way I don’t care; I just want it to go away.

The Mayor has yet to assign a new weather pony. I think she has refrained from it out of respect. Surprising really, considering how much trouble you have created for her in the past; with the damage caused by failed tricks and putting off cloud-clearing to the last minute, you’d think she’d be happy you’re gone and that she can hire someone who does their job on time, every time. But I think she’s hurting just as much as the rest of us. And even if nothing else in this whole world mattered to her except finding the perfect replacement, she knows she never could. She knows, just like I do – there’ll never be another pegasus as fast as you. There’ll never be another who can clear the obstructions from the path of the Sun’s rays like you could.

No one as loyal to Ponyville as you were.

You’ve said several times in the past that you’d never leave Ponyville ‘hanging’. That you’d never leave your friends ‘hanging’. We all believed you; we all trusted you. So where are you now? Why did you have to go? We need you Rainbow Dash. I need you. So why did you leave? I didn’t want you to go, and I would do anything to get you back. Anything at all.

I just want my Dashie back.

I can’t sleep anymore. It’s so dark and cold, and I’m so tired, but every time I get into that big bed I’m reminded of just how lonely I am. There’s no one to chase my fears away. No one to protect me from the endless shadows that haunt me night and day. I’m scared Dash. I’ve tried to laugh it all away, to giggle at the many ghosties that surround me, but without you around I just can’t do it. You gave me a reason to smile. You gave me my first smile. You gave me the energy to get up in the morning, to bounce around everywhere, to throw all the many parties I have thrown as often as I did; to be the hyper pink pony I’m known as. You’ve told me I’m random before; well, you were the source of that randomness. You were my drive. With you gone, I’m deprived of that drive. I don’t even have the energy to move the hair from out of my face.

There’s no chance of you coming back though, is there? No super-secret-ultra-rare flower in the Everfree Forest that can bring you back; no magic that Twilight or even the two princesses could wield to bring about your return. You’re gone – taken away by darkness blacker than any that Nightmare Moon ever hoped to create.

You’re never coming back. It’s so hard, so incredibly painful to know that Dashie, but it’s true.

Sometimes I wonder - would it be easier if I joined you?


Your best pal forever,

Pinkie Pie