• Published 19th Aug 2013
  • 2,558 Views, 31 Comments

Children of the night. - RoyalUnicornJohn1994



Luna has returned to Equestria. She's not evil anymore. In fact, there's something she wants the more: someone to share a true love.

  • ...
8
 31
 2,558

Chapter six. Run.

Chapter six. Run.

All what John could do was to stand in there and watch at the room. In was full with several dozens of guards. Each one of them holding a spear.

He couldn't even free Luna. He didn't had the tools for it.
"Well, well, well... look what do we have here."

John turned to the other side of the room. In there, Celestia could be seen clearly, even with the darkness at full.
"I knew you would return for her. I just didn't expect you to enter through the balcony."

John became confused.
"Why can I understand her?"

As if she could read his mind, Celestia answered him.
"Oh, you can understand me because I just cast a spell, allowing you to understand me."
"Then, I suppose that everypony in here is able to understand me?"
"That is correct."

John started to eye the surroundings in search for a way to escape. However, he didn't found it. That only leave one simple option...
"Guards, I command you to imprison them!" Celestia ordered to all her guards.

All the guards started to walk toward them. Luna became more frightened and started to frantically move to free herself.

John, in the other hoof, stood in there. He saw a vase near of there. The trigger to his plan.

He grabbed the vase and hold it with both hands. All the guards got into a defensive stance, holding their spears in front of them. However, he didn't used it to defend himself, but instead, he threw it to the back row.

The soldiers only watched the vase flying through the room. That was until it came to a direct angle toward Celestia. She was barely able to dodge it.
"He tried to hurt our princess!" One of the soldiers said.
"Guards! Kill him!"

At the order, they instantly ran toward the human, who stood stoically in his place.

Again, the world surrounding him became slow. Each motion of the guards was cautiously observed. It was then that he saw a weak point through their lines.

It was then that the world came back to the usual speed. The guards kept running toward him, holding their spears in order to stab the human to death. Suddenly, the stoic expression of the human go. He started to run toward them. Just as he saw, one of the guards tripped with a fragment of the broken vase, making him to lose his balance and falling to the ground.

While the rest of the guards stopped their assault, being distracted by the fallen guard, his spear slowly slid in the floor until it came to John's feet.

All the guards turned to the human, who was now with a weapon in his hand. That didn't stopped them: they kept running. forming a perfect closed space between the tip of their spears, they were totally sure that the human couldn't escape.

However, John used his spear to lift himself in the instant the spears almost stab him. Hitting the ground with the tip, he jump above the guards.

Now, behind of them, he used the back of his spear to knock out each one of them. He then took up another spear and threw it toward Luna.

Luna could see how the spear was in a direct angle toward her hoof.
"Has he gone insane?"

All what Luna could do was to close her eyes. She thought that she would lose her hoof. That was his plan? To cut out her hoof to free her, not caring about the sudden lose that this may present to her?

Her questions were answered when she heard a metallic sound. Opening her eyes, she could see John fighting off another dozen of guards, but those sounds were far. Turning toward her hoof, she saw the spear pinned between the iron grip and the wall. Luna could see it: just a small action between them and the grip would break.

Suddenly, a guard hit against the wall at her side. Her hoof was free now. Turning toward the combat, she saw half of the guards in the room knocked out and the human standing in the middle of the room, holding a spear. The guards, in the other hoof, were starting to tremble at the sight.

Eyeing the room, Luna realized that Celestia didn't was in the room anymore. Suddenly, John started to walk toward the remaining guards.
"I give you five seconds to leave this room at once."

Upon hearing those words, all the guards in the room leave at once, leaving both, Luna and John, alone.
"Huh, that was quick." John said at the time he turned to Luna.

Luna suddenly found herself afraid of him. If he could take out several dozens of well-trained guards, what could he do to her?

Suddenly, in three quick movements of the human, Luna felt all her hooves free. She instantly felt herself falling to the ground. Even before she could use her wings, she felt herself being lifted. She then realized that the human was holding her, but in a delicate manner.
"Are you alright?"

All what Luna could do was to nod. She felt so safe this way.
"Let us go. We have to- AAGGH!"

Luna could see an invisible object coated in blood piercing John's left shoulder. John let her go to try to take out whatever was piercing him.

However, that became useless when he felt too much pain. His body became numb. The object suddenly became visible, showing up a white horn. Turning, he saw the very same Celestia stabbing him.
"Got you."

Luna could see Celestia lifting the human while the blood started to coat her face. John started to struggle to free herself.
"Don't even try it. You know it's impossible." Celestia shouted to the human.

Suddenly, she felt something hitting her, sending her to the wall. Opening her eyes, she saw Luna's horn glowing.
"You dare not to hurt him anymore!" Luna said while getting between Celestia and John.
"Luna! This is too much! I tried to keep you apart from this, and now, you dare to challenge me to a duel for this creature?"

Luna turned to see John trying to cover his shoulder. The bleeding becoming more and more evident. It was then that she took her decision.
"... Yes, sister."

Both of them took off from the floor, leaving John to struggle even to stand right.

From his sight, John could see both sisters firing against each other. Their horns glowing intensely. Suddenly, both of them remained static in the air, both of their horns shining with a huge intensity.

Both of them fired at the same time. Their beams hitting each other in the middle of the room.

A huge implosion caused both sisters to flinch at the hit. John got covered behind a small desk in the other side of the room. When the implosion was finished, John got out to see both sisters still in flight. However, Luna was distracted with what seemed like a headache. Celestia recovered quickly and used that chance. Luna could only see the beam from her sister's horn in a direct angle toward her.

John's instinct make him to act. His body reacting far more quickly than his mind. He jumped toward Luna.

Luna could slowly see the beam getting closer and closer to her. Suddenly, she felt herself being hugged, something covering her sight. Turning her head up, she saw John's face.

It was then that the beam hit. John let out a pain scream while the impact sent both of them flying through the balcony.

Luna wrapped her hooves around John and started to fly, desperate to find a place to hide.
"Luna" The weakened voice of John could be barely heard.
"Luna... to the... forest..." John could barely lift a hand to point to a place below them.

Luna turned to see the Everfree forest below of them. He was right: it was a perfect place to hide.

She then lowed both of them to the ground. Inspecting John, she saw that he had difficult to even breath. However, she saw his hand weakly pointing toward a small cave.

She used all her strength to take him inside. She then used a hiding spell in the entrance. Nopony would be able to see them.
"Luna..."
"Oh, no." Luna got to John's side to inspect him. But it became evident that the bleeding was too much for him to handle.
"... Luna... s-sorry..." With that, his head fell to the wall.

Luna was frantically trying to help him. But, for some reason, her magic did nothing to him. It was then that an idea rushed to her head.

Touching his forehead with her horn, she cast a very difficult spell. One that would let her to share her power, including her immortality.

Her horn glowed up intensely, until the cave became as brilliant as the sun.

Moments later, the shine stopped, and the cave returned to its darkness.
Tump

Luna heard his heart to beat again.
Tump

Another beat. That was a good sign.
Tump

And another one. That was all she needed to get calmed. She felt herself growing more and more tired. Her eyelids becoming more and more heavy.

She then drifted to sleep, where everything seemed so quiet, so relaxing... so peaceful. The place was flooded with such a peace that had never been seen. One that in the very same Canterlot was being lost.

One that wouldn't be seen in a long time.

Author's Note:

Comments and critics are welcomed.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.