• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,963 Views, 92 Comments

Mobius and Equestria: Worlds Collide - AngelShy24



When Solar Dusk escapes from Equestria to Mobius, old and new friends must unite to save both worlds!

  • ...
8
 92
 3,963

Chapter 18: After the War

Back in Ponyville, the Chaotix; Espio, Charmy and Vector were still hard at work of assisting the citizens of that town to fend off robotic reinforcement and keep them from taking control again. It was going on for a while and they were giving it their all; but overtime, their strength was depleting while more of the robots kept on coming.

“Geez, there’s no end of these things!” Charmy shouted exasperatedly, “I know Eggman had a lot of robots, but this is too much!”

“Don’t let down your guard, Charmy!” said Vector was fighting beside him, “The Chaotix aren’t going down that easily!”

The Mayor of Ponyville was fighting hard like every other pony there to protect their home; but she was getting exhausted. After recently taking down a small group of robots, she kneeled on the ground trying to catch her breath. Unfortunately, that left her wide for some other robots to come at her from behind. Thankfully, Espio noticed and took them down before they laid a hand on her.

“Are you alright, Miss Mayor,” he said as he was shielding her.

“I-I’m fine;” said the Mayor as she was staggering back onto her hooves, “but… I’m getting too old for this sort of thing. How do they keep coming?! At this rate, we’re all going to be too exhausted to fight back. This… might be the end.”

Espio took down more robots that came their way. Despite being exhausted himself, he refused to back down, “Not if I have anything to say about it.”

But suddenly, Derpy Hooves came out of nowhere and crash-landed on top of Espio. Espio groaned; and Derpy gasped as she got up and looked down at him, “Oops, sorry about that. I was kinda thrown down if you know what I mean.”

The Mayor began looking around and noticed that the enemy forces began getting the upper hand again as some of the ponies were being overwhelmed and captured again. Vector and Charmy ran over to Espio and helped him up only to see themselves surrounded.

“This isn’t good, Espio,” said Vector, “What are we going to do?! We need a miracle to help us out now!”

But as if right on cue before they were captured again, all the robots suddenly froze and began to malfunction. Everyone watched as the robots shut down and all toppled to the ground. On top of that, the gems inside them fell out and completely shattered.

“What… in Equestria… just happened?” said Derpy feeling confused.

“All of the robots just… shut down and toppled over,” said Vector, “Plus, the gems on them… they’re destroyed!”

“And there’s seems to be no more of them coming out of nowhere to overwhelm us,” said Charmy, “Does this mean what I think it means?!”

“It means Twilight Sparkle and others have done it,” said the Mayor, “They’ve finally defeated Solar Dusk; and his magic no longer controls those robots.”

Derpy then had a huge smile on her face as she flew up in the air and shouted to everyone, “We’ve done it, everypony! We’ve… WON!!!”

The whole town went into a full out shouting of joy and praise being glad of the turmoil being over. The Mayor chuckled as she fell on her front side and sighed as she said, “Thank Celestia that its finally over. If this went on any further, my body wouldn’t have been able to take it.”

“Whew! What a relief!” said Vector as he wiped his forehead, “For a second there I thought that we were done for.”

“I thought you said that the Chaotix doesn’t go down that easily?” Charmy chuckled.

“I was in the moment, alright?! Don’t judge me, Charmy!”

Espio went over to the Mayor and sat down beside her as he stated, “So… the final victory is ours. I guess we have fulfilled our promise to you.”

“Indeed, you have,” said the Mayor, “If you three haven’t stayed with us, who knows how this might’ve turned up. We all grant you our thanks.”

“Think nothing of it. We were just doing our job, Mam.”

The Mayor looked out at everyone there and seeing all of their delightful faces from being free of tyranny. She smiled as she thought, ‘Well, everypony… it seems that things will finally get back to normal; and hopefully we won’t have to deal with that dreaded power ever again.’

-----------------------------

It was finally over. Solar Dusk had gone so far to achieve his revenge against Cream, her friends and all of Equestria. But in the end, he was defeated. Twilight had taken him down after Sonic defeated Celestia and Luna as Harmonic Sonic. Afterwards, Solar tried to escape, but was caught off guard by Cream, Cheese, Fluttershy and Angel who caught him and punched his lights out. Sonic then made a final strike against him to finally diminish his destructive power for good.

Once everything was finished, Twilight and Fluttershy flew down with Cream, Cheese and Angel where the others were. After they all heard what had happened, they were stoked.

“No way!” Rainbow Dash shouted, “You mean Solar Dusk was sent flying off that balcony… by you guys?! That must’ve bruised his ego deeply!”

“I had a thought in my head that Solar Dusk might’ve tried to escape once he knew that he was beat,” said Cream proudly, “so I told Fluttershy my plan to cut him off before he did so and allowed him to have it. Plus, I kinda promised my mommy to punch him in face for her. She really wanted it me to do it.”

“Ahh… so that’s what you went off to do,” said Tails, “That was pretty clever.”

Cream smiled and blushed as she said, “Thanks, Tails.”

Angel just folded his arms and rolled his eyes.

Amy suddenly gave Cream a huge hug as she said, “Wow, Cream, that was awesome! Looks like you humiliated Solar Dusk once again! You must feel really good right now.”

“We all feel good about it,” said Cream as she hugged the ones who helped her, “Trust me.”

“It did felt rather… satisfying,” said Fluttershy, “Normally I would’ve felt a little sorry for doing it; but… I’m not feeling anything this time.”

Suddenly, Pinkie pooped up and shouted, “All right! Once again, the day is saved… thanks to the Equestria–Mobius squad! We totally rocked!”

“Whew. Ah tell ya;” said Applejack as she wiped her sweating forehead, “this whole fight has done worn me out more than all of my chores on the farm for a whole month combined.”

“Well I was worn out the moment we started fighting!” Rarity lightly whined, “It was only my will to protect my friends and family that kept me going.”

Cream lightly giggled and then sighed with relief as she fell down on her butt and said, “I’m just glad that it’s all over. I felt like this whole thing was going on forever. I seriously need a nap.”

Just then, everyone heard Silver as he called out to them nearby, “Hey, everyone, I believe that all of the pony solders are waking up now!”

And he was right. Everyone looked around and saw all of the knocked out soldiers beginning to rise up from the ground groaning and trying to get themselves together. It was a relief for everyone that they had woke up so soon.

“Yo, Shadow,” said Silver, “care to help me to see if they’re okay?”

Shadow just shrugged his shoulders as he went to join him, “Very well.”

“Allow me to assist you guys!” shouted Spike as he went after them voluntarily.

Soon enough just like the solders, Celestia and Luna began to wake up as well. Twilight rushed over to them and said, “Princess Celestia! Princess Luna! Thank goodness you are alright!”

Once they got themselves together and noticed their surroundings, Celestia and Luna saw Twilight and everyone else staring at them. Celestia rubbed her head as she stated, “T-T-Twilight? What’s going on? The last thing I remember was…”

Then they both suddenly remembered as they both shouted, “Solar Dusk!”

They both rose to their hooves; and Celestia shouted, “Where is that ungrateful traitor?!”

“Not to worry, Princesses,” said Sonic as he zipped in front of them, “he’s kinda out of commission for now.”

Celestia and Luna looked over to the side saw Solar Dusk knocked out on the ground. But they soon found themselves looking back at Sonic. Luna recalled the hedgehog robot that resembled him and said to Celestia, “Sister, isn’t he…”

“Metal Sonic?” said Sonic, “Not at all. The one and only Sonic the Hedgehog? You bet I am!”

“So, you’re the hedgehog that our rabbit friend mentioned to us about,” said Celestia with slight smile, “It nice to meet you.”

“As it is for me to meet you, your highness.”

Cream walked up to the two princesses with Cheese feeling relieved to see them free from corruption, “I’m so glad that you two are back to normal! You were kinda scary while being controlled by dark magic.”

‘Chao chao!’

Both Princesses saw the destruction that was around them as well as all of the destroyed robots lying about and the soildiers who were waking up.

“What in Equestria happened here?” said Celestia.

“It seems that an all-out war had taken place here;” said Luna, “and apparently, we were forced to be a part of it.” She then looked down at Cream and questioned, “How exactly were you able to stop him this time?”

“You should’ve seen it all!” Cream shouted in an excited manner, “All my friends and I were fighting his forces left and right and never giving up against them! Twilight and her friends went against their robot doubles and ended up defeating them all! Then more things happened, and… a-and then Sonic freed the two of you from Solar Dusk’s power by fusing his chaos energy with the Elements of Harmony and became Harmonic Sonic! Twilight defeated Solar Dusk and he tried to escape; but Miss Shy, Angel, Cheese and I caught him and punched him in the face and sent him flying off the edge of that balcony! Then Sonic shot him down with a harmony beam, and…”

Cream suddenly stopped as she noticed long she was talking and the way everyone looking at her in shock. She blushed from embarrassment and lightly chuckled.

“Well… I think she pretty much summed it up,” said Rainbow Dash.

“S-s-sorry… I kinda got a little ecstatic there,” said Cream smiling nervously, “Normally, I wouldn’t be so hyped up about this, but… I’ve been wanting to do that to him so much! And so did Cheese.”

‘Chao chao chao!’

Angel then stood up in a proud stance making sure that they were looking.

“Oh yeah, and Angel too.”

Then Celestia looked at everyone as she stated, “Well, I can tell that you all fought hard and bravely and were able to prevent this calamity when my Sister and I weren’t able to. We can’t thank you all enough.”

“We may have done all of this together, your highness,” said Sonic, “but we only had this chance because of her.” He was pointing at Cream, “Its only because she chose to not give up that we even had a chance. Isn’t that right, Cream?”

Cream blushed again as she said, “I… I-I-I don’t know about that. I mean… I was the only one Solar Dusk decided to spare because he wanted me to be tortured; but… even though I chose to try and continue to fight, it was my friends who helped me to succeed all together.”

“Well no one could stop something like this all alone; it takes a team effort,” said Luna, “You’re lucky to have such good friends by your side; and you are one brave little bunny. I’m sure your Mother will be proud.”

Just then in the middle of all of this, they heard a familiar voice shout out, “Hey! What’s going on here?! Gah! What happened to my robot army?!”

Everyone looked up on the top balcony of the palace and saw Eggman who was now also free of Solar Dusk’s magic was overlooking the castle grounds littered with broken scraps of his robots.

“Oh yeah,” said Sonic, “With all of this going on, I almost forgot about him.”

Suddenly, Eggman looked down and saw everyone looking up at him; and he panicked as he said, “Uh oh.”

As Eggman began to run off, Twilight smiled as magic was glowing in her horn, “Don’t worry, I got him.” She then used a spell that suddenly transported her right in front of Eggman’s path and startled him, “Hello.”

She then used it again to teleport her and Eggman back down onto the ground where everyone else was. Eggman got up and saw himself suddenly surrounded by Sonic and company; as well as the royal sisters and Twilight and her friends who were all just staring at him.

“Um… h-h-hello, everyone!” said Eggman nervously while sweating, “I’m pretty sure that I know how you all feel right now; but do know that I was a victim here as well!”

“Nobody is buying your lies, Eggman,” said Knuckles, “Just admit defeat and save your dignity.”

Eggman suddenly just shouted out in frustration, “Ugh! I can’t believe I fell for his trickery so easily.”

“I could,” Sonic chuckled.

“Tell me about it,” said Rainbow Dash

“Just wait. When I get back to my base in my world, I’ll come back here and get revenge on that tyrant! And then, I’ll go back to trying to take over my world… which will become my world!”

Nearby, Shadow had received a message on a communication watch that he was wearing. He then stated, “Actually, you might want to rethink that, Doctor. I just received word from Rouge, and she successfully lowered and destroyed your entire forest base and everything in it; but she did choose to spare your two lackies. Tough luck for you.”

Eggman was shocked and furious at the same time; and he was about to burst out in a complaint rant. But then he just groaned and plopped on the ground and said, “Oh, I give up.”

“Hey, everyone,” said Spike suddenly, “look who’s finally waking up.”

Solar Dusk was slowing regaining consciousness from being knocked out by Sonic. He rose to his hooves placing one of them against his head feeling a mild headache, “Wh-what the… my head. What happened to…” Suddenly, he saw everyone there including the Celestia and Luna who he saw were now free from his magic, “Oh yeah… now I remember.”

“Hello again, Solar Dusk,” said Celestia, “I admit that it’s a bit pitiful to see you like this; but I guess you did this to yourself.”

All Solar Dusk could do was lowly growl under his breath as he scowled at the two royal sisters. But then he saw Cream walk up to him with a sly smile and said. “Hey, Solar Dusk. I guess what you said to me didn’t come true. You honestly thought that you had us beat, but you were wrong.”

‘Chao chao.’

To everyone, it was a bit weird to see Cream acting the way she was; but they decided to let her have this moment.

“I bet you feel real angry right about now. I tried to warn you, but now you've tasted the sweet, delicious taste of justice.”

“You… ungrateful… brat,” said Solar Dusk with an angered glare, “That cheap move you did… you… you just couldn’t lie down in your shame and let me have my way, could you?”

“Of course, not! I wasn’t going to just sit on my butt and let you win when there was still a slight possible chance to stop you! I guess you couldn’t swallow your own pride and stay down after being whooped once; and now you just had seconds.”

‘Chao chao.’

“Ooooooooooooooooooh snap!” said Rainbow Dash, “This little girl just burned you bad!”

Solar Dusk suddenly slammed his hoof down on the ground as magic began glow on his horn and was trying to get at Cream, “Now you’ve done it. You may have destroyed all of my gems, but I still have powerful magic!”

Cream was a bit surprised but chose to not move. However, Twilight got in front of her with her friends as they prepared to defend her, “Girls, protect her!”

Everyone else was preparing to defend as well; but Sonic did not move as he just stood by wearing a small smirk on his face.

“That changes nothing!” Solar Dusk protested as he was about to strike, “Do you hear me?! You will all pay!”

But just as he was about to fire his magic in a desperate attempt to take them down, Solar Dusk suddenly felt the magic in his horn completely fizz out.

“What!”

He tried again only to not feel any magic come out from within him. Everyone was wondering what had happened. They were all ready to defend Cream; but no one expected this.

“What… happened to me? Why… can’t I use… my magic?!”

“I think I can answer that,” said Sonic suddenly as he walked forward in front of everyone, “You see… after seeing what you were capable of and what you did to all of us and this world, I couldn’t just stand thinking that you could try to do that again. So, when you were sent flying over that balcony, I didn’t just shoot you with the Elements’ power; I used their power to completely sap you of your magic.”

“You did… what?!”

“Oh, was that too complicated for you to understand? Here’s the simple version. Your unicorn magic is gone… forever. No longer will you be able to use it to oppress or bully anyone or any world anymore.”

Sonic then turned around to everyone else as he smiled and winked as he said, “You’re welcome.”

“Did either of you two know that the Elements could do that?” said Twilight to Celestia and Luna.

Both sisters responded saying, “We… did not.”

Solar Dusk kept on repeatedly trying to release magic from his horn while shouting, “No… no no no no no! This can’t be happening! I can’t lose my magic! Magic is the very essence of my being!”

“Serves you right, you ungrateful, traitorous equine!” shouted Eggman as he walked up, “I wasted my own time to get you out of that dingy dungeon… if it was dingy… and bring you to my world to help you get revenge; but then you had to go and neglect all of that and made me into one of your mind-slave puppets! And ruling over two dimensional worlds?! Seriously?! You have a lot of nerve suggesting such a ludicrous idea after what I did for you!”

“Give it a rest, Eggman,” said Knuckles, “Your personal plan had failed the very moment you broke him out of prison and revealed your technology to him.”

Celestia came up to Solar Dusk and magically made a metal shackle appear in which she placed around Solar Dusk’s neck. With that, he wasn’t able to escape from their sight.

“Oh, how the great and talented Solar Dusk has fallen,” said Celestia, “You had a wonderful gift, but you allowed it to delve yourself into darkness and endangered many lives… including my Sister and I. However, I suppose now there’s no need to suspended your magic with our own.”

Soon, some of the pony solders came up to them while one questioned, “Your majesties, are you both alright?”

“Thanks to all of them we are,” said Luna with a light smile, “Solar Dusk made quite a mess of things around here; but we are now free from his dark magic.”

Feeling nervous about Solar Dusk magic, the single pony solider said, “Um… should we be… cautious of his…”

“Not to worry,” said Celestia, “His magic has been taken away from him forever. He’s no longer a threat to anypony… such is his fate. Take him away.”

Some of the solders then surrounded Solar Dusk as they secured him and began guiding him away from the others. As they did, Solar Dusk looked over at Cream who was lightly smiling and wiggling her fingers saying, “See ya.”

‘Chao chao’

Solar Dusk began to growl but was then interrupted as the solders guided him away. “Alright, pal; let’s go. No more take overs with dark magic and bullying anthropomorphic animals for you.”

‘This… is officially… the lowest point of my life.’ Solar Dusk thought to himself, “How I despise this.”

“So, what exactly is going to happen to him now that he’s caught again and completely void of magic?” said Fluttershy, “I bet its nothing good… right?”

“We’ll figure something out… in due time,” said Celestia, “However, Solar Dusk will definitely pay for his crimes.”

Pinkie suddenly gasped, “You don’t mean…”

“No, we’re not executing him if that’s what you’re thinking,” said Luna, “That would probably be too good for him anyway.”

“Weak,” said Shadow.

“You can say that again,” said Knuckles.

Celestia then turned her attention back to Sonic after remembering about his transformation that Cream mentioned and smirked as she questioned, “So… Harmonic Sonic, huh? You could bond yourself with the Elements of Harmony? How did that happen?”

“I’m still not entirely sure,” Sonic responded, “I think it had something to do with some kind of prophecy thing that I didn’t know about; but… that kind of thing happens with me a lot.”

“And what about him?” said Luna pointing to Eggman, “Isn’t he worthy of worrying about as well?”

“Normally; but not to worry. Without his robots and his gadgetry, he’s completely harmless to you ponies. That I can assure you.”

“What?!” Eggman protested, “Are you kidding me?! If I wanted to, I could conquer this world just by using my intelligent and magnificent brain!”

All the ponies there suddenly laid their eyes on Eggman; and some were wearing light glares to make themselves look more intimidating.

“Uh… b-but… I don’t want to. Who would want to rule over a world filled with prissy ponies anyway?”

“Whatever you say, Eggman,” said Cream with a light chuckle.

----------------

Finally, Solar Dusk was defeated. His dark magic gems were destroyed and his magic was gone forever. Once he was back in custody, he was returned to his now fixed old cell where he would await trial.

Word was soon put out to Cadence in the Crystal Empire that Solar Dusk was defeated and that it was safe for the citizens of Canterlot to return. Once everything was dealt with and everyone was well rested, it was about time to return to Ponyville. Celestia gladly lended her magic to transport everyone back to their previous destination; but not after Cream gave her and Luna a hug to show her appreciation for them.

Everyone back in Ponyville were happy and relieved when they saw their heroes show up safe and sound and gave them a very friendly warm welcome. All their loved ones filled them in on what happened and how they handled themselves and vice versa. Charmy found himself telling the others of what happened as they surrounded him and the Chaotix.

“And then there we were… completely surrounded from all sides by hordes of robots! But I did not back down! I gathered all my courage and led the charge to demolish each of them one by one! You wouldn’t believe how many times I had to save Vector though; those robots were overwhelming him!”

“You’re full of it, Charmy!” Vector protested, “I’m the one who save him multiple times! There’s only so much that he could do with that little stinger of his!”

“Don’t forget my feet and fist as well! You know… the things that saved you!”

Just then, Apple Bloom came by and said, “Actually… Vector saved Charmy a couple of times and vice-versa; and they did protect all of us at times. Although, it was Espio who ended up protectin’ them more than anypony else.”

Everyone smirked as they all looked back at Vector and Charmy who were shocked that a little pony ratted them out.

“Sorry, just bein’ honest.”

And Espio was nearby relaxing as he smiled and lightly chuckled to himself.

Nearby beside the bridge at the park, Eggman showed no restraint as he just sat there brooding to himself as he was looking at all of the pony residents, “To be beaten by Sonic and his pals… as well as those pony freaks… is just downright irritating.”

Suddenly, he jumped as the pony named Derpy flew up beside him and shouted, “Hiya, tubby egg shaped creature!”

Eggman lightly groaned as he turned away from her.

“You’re Eggman, right;” said Derpy, “the one who help Solar Dusk take over our town?”

“Yeah, what’s it to you?”

Derpy flew over to the side where Eggman’s face was and stated, “My name is Derpy, and I just wanted to say that I heard about everything that you went through; especially when Solar Dusk betrayed you and broke his promise to you! Sure… it was a promise of evil, but it was a promise nonetheless; and you should never break a promise!”

“Gee, thank you for bringing that up again,” Eggman brooded, “That makes me feel soooooooooo much better.”

Derpy then brought out a basket that she had that was filled with Muffins that she had made before her town’s enslavement, “I didn’t mean anything like that; but… I wanted to say that… all is forgiven… at least with me.” She then took out one muffin and held it out, “Want a muffin?!”

Eggamn grumbled and turned away again, “No thank you. Now go away!”

“Aw, come on!” Derpy pleaded, “I’m trying to be nice here; and I know that you have no means to hurt us right now! So… why not be nice for once.”

Eggman was still ignoring her, but she wasn’t giving up.

“Just try one? Its banana nut.”

Hearing the name of the flavor, Eggman slightly turned back to Derpy who was still smiling while holding a muffin out to him. He then scoffed and snatched it away from Derpy’s hooves.”

“Fine! But don’t think this makes us…”

Eggman then took a bite and his eyes went wide as he stared at the partially eaten muffin. “Whoa! That is delicious!” He finished that one and then grabbed a couple more to munch on. But then Eggman noticed Derpy who was still smiling at him. He scoffed as he slightly turned away from him. “But that still means nothing!”

Sonic was standing nearby and saw everything. He chuckled as he said to himself, “Well, that’s an amusing sight. Looks like Eggman has made a friend.”

“Don’t expect it to last for too long,” said Tails who was beside him, "for Eggman at least."

Silver was putting on a little show for some foals that were astounded by his psychokinesis power. Eventually, he finished; but the foals wanted to continue.

“Do it again! Do it again!”

“I’m glad that I could entertain you all,” said Silver with a light chuckle, “but I’m afraid I can’t stay.”

“Awwwwww!”

“But it was nice meeting you all. And… uh, stay in school.”

“Bye, Silver!”

After the foals told Silver goodbye, he ended walking into Sonic who had a smirk on his face, “Stay in school? So cliché.”

Silver chuckled nervously and said, “Yeah… it just came out like that.”

“Sooooooo… you're not leaving so soon, are ya? Why not stay and hang out with us a bit longer? We owe you a lot after what you did for us.”

“I’d love to stay longer, Sonic. After all, I have all the time in the world. But I think I stayed here long enough. I need to get back to my own time to continue my duties there. Everything should be back to the way it was before… hopefully.”

Cream had overheard nearby with Cheese and ran over to Silver and pleaded, “You’re leaving now, Mister Silver?”

‘Chao chao?’

“I’m afraid so,” said Silver as he patted her head, “My mission was to assist at this point of my past to prevent the disaster in my present; and I’ve done just that. However, I was glad to help and meet all of you; especially you. You’re going to grow up to be a brave and strong young rabbit.”

Cream smiled and stated, “My Mommy says the same thing.”

At that moment, Sonic’s other friends came over and began saying their farewells to Silver and giving him thanks for his support. Soon, Silver took out the chaos emerald that he still had and used it to open another time portal that led back to his time. He then tossed it over to Sonic who caught it in his hands and said, “Here, take this. I’m sure it will help you guys get back home much easier. Silver out!”

Silver first looked around at everybody and waved and then stepped through the portal that immediately closed afterwards.

“You know…” said Sonic as he scratched his head, “I still can’t help but have this strange feeling that I’ve met him before. Why is that?”

After that, Sonic and the other went back to mingling with the Ponyville residents and getting to know them and sharing their own exploits from their world. Before they knew it a few more hours had passed; and Sonic and his friends felt very welcomed in this world.

At some point, they were given a message from Celestia and Luna to meet them back at the palace in Canterlot. So when Sonic and his friends were ready and said goodbye to the Ponyville residents, Twilight transported them, herself and her friends back to Canterlot. Surprisingly, she was able to do it a bit easier this time around. By the time they got back to the Canterlot castle grounds, most of of the parts of the wrecked robots were gone; but the place was still a mess.

“Wow. You guys have had one serious throw down here,” said Charmy, “This place is a wreck!”

“That’s nothing,” said Spike, “You should’ve been here yourself. It was crazy! But then again… I’m sure you already guessed that.”

“Sure did,” said Vector, “Kinda makes me glad that I did stay to defend Ponyville.”

“Miss Shy,” said Cream suddenly as they were making their way to the castle, “do you have an idea of why the princesses called us back here?”

“No idea,” Fluttershy responded, “But, I guess we’ll find out soon enough.”

Eggman was with everyone else and was following along so he wouldn’t be alone with the residents of Ponyville. But nearby, he noticed some of the pony guards carrying away some of the scraps from his destroyed robots. He marched up to them and shouted, “Hey, are you four-legged lame-os doing to the scraps of my robots?!”

The guards smiled as one of them said, “Oh, nothing much. This place was just littered with this stuff; so we’re just taking them to be melded down and use it to make new armor and other things. Thanks for that by the way.”

The guards then chuckled as they walked off; and Eggman’s face was steaming red as he was about to let himself loose, “Why you…”

“Come along, Eggman,” said Twilight as she dragged him away with her magic.

Everyone got up to the front doors where Celestia and Luna were waiting for them. The Chaotix hadn’t met them yet; but when they finally saw them, they were blown away by their appearance.

“Whoa,” said Charmy with his eyes shimmering, “They’re more radiant and magnificent in person.”

“Yeah, no kidding,” said Vector, “I feel like my eyes are blinded by major brilliance!”

“Thank you all for coming back,” said Celestia. Then she and Luna looked over at the Chaotix as she said, “And thank you for helping to defend Ponyville.”

“The pleasure was ours, Princesses,” said Espio with a light bow.

“So, what’s going on?” said Twilight, “What was so important that you call us all back here?”

Celestia smiled and turned around as she looked back and said, “Follow us.”

Everyone began to follow the two Princesses into the palace and were taking a secret starwell downward to a certain room all while Luna was discussing some info with the others.

“With Solar Dusk locked away again and his magic gone forever, things has calmed down a bit around here. We were able to get things back to normal around here and cleaned up most of that robot scrap that served no purpose from before.”

Eggman lowly growled to himself from hearing that.

“However,before you all came back to this world under… unfortunate circumstances, Celestia and I were studying the properties of the chaos energy to see if there was any way we could still bring you back; even though we already said we probably couldn’t. But surprisingly, we were able to make a breakthrough that shocked even us. And after the battle against Solar Dusk, we were able to finish it.”

“Wait… are you saying that you created another fake of one of those chaos emeralds?!” stated Rainbow Dash.

“Not… exactly.”

At the end of the path, they all walked through the throne room doors. Inside there were a few pony soldier guarding a certain item that was in there. But there was something very familiar about it.

“Wow, its… a mirror,” said Knuckles unenthusiastically.

Sonic looked around it and then stated, “I don’t think it’s just a mirror

The mirror had a strong gold plating; and the glass shimmered with magical energy. Although, when Sonic tried to poke it with his finger, it didn’t go through.

“Using the same properties of the chaos energy from before,” said Luna, “we were able to concentrate it with our magic to not just create another gem, but also… well…”

They all saw the gem that was ledged at the top of the mirror.

“It looks like a portal;” said Amy, “but to where?”

With a little smile, Celestia looked at Twilight and said, “Its everything that we need; but now it just needs the final touch.”

Twilight suddenly looked down and saw her element shimmer a bit. She looked back up and said, “Say no more,” said Twilight with a confident smile, “I see where you’re going with this. Come on girls, you know what to do.

Sonic and all of his friends stepped back as they watched Twilight and the other surround the mirror. Their Elements began to glow bright and then fired beams of light at gem in the mirror.

“Wow, they're really dependent on those Element trinkets; aren't they?” said Eggman.

“Yep, they sure are,” Sonic responded, “Those things are awesome; and I should know.”

Once the Elements did their work, the gem on the mirror was shining bright; and the appearance of the mirror's glass was revealing a familiar place.

Looking upon it, Cream gasped and said, “Look! It’s… it’s our home!”

‘Chao chao chao chao!’

“No way,” said Tails, “How is that possible? They’ve created a portal between two worlds!”

“We actually did that?!” said Twilight feeling giddy, “Oh my gosh. This is such a momentous occasion for me… for all of us! We created a dimensional portal!”

All of Cream friends couldn’t believe it. A newly made portal that led straight to their world. Even for them it was unusual. However, they realized that nothing in this world should surprise them anymore; not everything they've witnessed.

“Well then,” said Sonic as he held up the emerald that Silver gave him, “I guess we won't be needing this.”

For Eggman, it was a huge relief as he rushed towards it and said, “Great! That’s all I needed to see! Good bye and good riddance!” And as he reached the portal, he looked back at the others and shouted, “Oh, and fortunately for you ponies, I have had enough of this place! You won’t be seeing me again!”

And with that, he went through and didn’t look back.

“Not that he would have had a choice,” said Celestia, “but at least he’s smart enough to make the right decision.”

Cream took a closer look at the portal and stuck her head through and could see that it was real, “This is great! Now I can go back and show my Mommy that I’m okay! And, we can see each other whenever we want! This is truly wonderful!”

“Um… actually,” said Celestia, “I hate to rain down on that thought; but… right now this is a one-way portal. It can only go to your world.”

“And on top of that,” said Luna, “We can’t use it indefinitely. Sometimes it may work and sometimes it may not. Even with our magic potential, its uncertain to this point.”

Cream’s ears suddenly drooped down as she sadly stated, “You mean… there’s a chance that… I won’t see any of you for a long time?”

“Well, have fun with that,” said Shadow as he made his way to the portal, “This is where I take my leave. See you around.” And Then he left.

Cream turned around to Flutterhsy and the others and then showed a slight smile and said, “It’s been great that I was able to see you all again; and you were able to meet my friends. But… once we go through this portal and back to our world, how do we know that we would be able to see each other again… while not trying to save two worlds from powerful tyranny?”

Angel tried to keep his feelings in, but he couldn’t help as he hopped his way to Cream and held onto her while crying.

“Oh, Angel,” Fluttershy chuckled.

Cream then smiled as she hugged Angel back.

“Well… we can't say how often that you can come back here right now,” said Celestia, “but we got something that might be able to help.”

Celestia then brought out a small turquoise gem on a necklace and placed it around Cream’s neck.

“What’s this?” Cream questioned as she observed it.

“A special gem our team crafted just for you,” said Luna. “You can use this to go through that portal in your world and visit Fluttershy and her friends whenever you want.”

Cream couldn’t believe it. A small bonus in which she could use visit her pony friends at any time. “No… w-way. Really?! Did you hear that, Cheese?!”

‘Chao chao chao chao!’

Cream went over and hugged both Alicorn Princesses and told them, “Thank you, Princesses! Thank you!”

“But a word of advice,” said Celestia with a smirk, “try not to use it too frequently. You don't want to be away from home for too long. Plus, you know how tricky inter-dimensional traveling can be.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

After that, it was time for Sonic and all of his comrades to return back to their world. They all took a few minutes to say good-bye to their pony for now; but they all had a feeling that they would meet again one day.

“Well, it’s been nice and all being here and discovering the value of friendship and all,” said Vector as he waved to the others, “but we really need to be going back. A detective agency’s work is never done!”

Charmy then zoomed up to Celestia and Luna in a frantic manner, and said, “It’s been a real honor meeting and serving you! I think you Princesses are really, really cool! If I was a pony with magical abilities, I would totally want to be an Alicorn just like… HEY!”

Vector then quickly grabbed Charmy and carried him into the portal before he did something that he felt would embarrass him. Espio then bowed and stated, “Until we meet again.”

“Hey, look forward to seein’ ya again one day,” said Applejack to Knuckles as she gave him a fist/hoof bump, “Yer one powerful fighter.”

“Thanks,” said Knuckles with a light chuckle, “Same to you.”

“Until next time, Pinkie,” said Amy with a wink, “Looking forward to hanging out with you again in the future.”

“Same here!” Pinkie shouted, “And if you ever want to have a serious and hardcore party planner for a party, you know where to find me.”

“Sure thing. Talk to ya later!”

“It was great working with ya!” said Rainbow Dash to Sonic, “Just remember that the next time we meet, you owe me a racing rematch!”

“Looking forward to that,” Sonic responded.

Most of Sonic’s friends said their farewells and went through the portal to return to their world. Soon, all that was left was Tails, Sonic, Cream and Cheese.

“Well, time to head back,” said Tails, “No doubt Eggman is already planning for a comeback.”

“Yeah,” Sonic agreed, “Although with his base in ruins, it might take him a while.” After Tails went through the portal, Sonic turned to Cream and said, “You coming, Cream?”

“Y-yeah. Just give me a minute.”

Cream then went over to Fluttershy and gave her a big hug. Fluttershy teared up a bit but then smiled as she hugged her back. “Don’t worry, Cream. Next time you see us, we can hang out more without much danger lingering around us. Just Promise that you’ll visit us again soon; and you can even bring your Mother. Okay?”

“I sure will.”

“And I can’t forget about Cheese. Am I right?”

‘Chao chao chao chao!’

Cream suddenly looked down and saw Angel up on his hind legs and looking up at her with tears in his eyes.

“Yeah, I’ll miss you too, Angel,” said Cream as she picked him up, “I’m sorry things didn’t work out for you. But don’t worry, I’ll come and visit you again soon; and I can at least leave you… with this.”

Cream then placed a small kiss on his cheek. Angel’s fur stood up and his eyes went wide and then lowered as he showed a goofy smile and had hearts floating above his head. He then fell from Cream’s hands and onto the floor in a love-struck state.

“I think he accepts it,” said Fluttershy with a giggle.

Cream then proceeded to hug each of the other ponies and Spike before she then made her way to the portal with Sonic. She then waved as she said, “Until we meet again.”

‘Chao chao!’

“Peace out, ponies!” said Sonic

After walking through, the portal closed as the magic dissipated.

“Well… that’s that,” said Spike, “But to be honest… I’m going to miss those guys.”

“So… how much sooner do you think we’ll see her again?” said Rarity.

“I don’t know!” Pinkie shouted, “I already want them to come back! Those guys were wonderful!”

“I’m sure we’re probably see them sooner than we may think,” said Twilight, “But… then again, there’s that whole space-time… inter-dimensional thing where time here goes longer than their world.”

“Oh yeah. I guess I forgot to mention this to our friends,” said Celestia suddenly, “but… because of the whole combination of Equestrian magic and chaos energy, there is a chance that may change.”

Everyone suddenly gasped as Pinkie said, “You mean… as in… our timeline is on same path now?! Really?!”

“How can that be possible?” Twilight strongly questioned.

The thought of being on the same timeline of their new friends brought a smile to everyone’s faces. It would definitely be best for them.

Fluttershy picked Angel up as she smiled thinking about when she would see her rabbit friend again and said, “Well… whatever happens, I guess we’ll find out soon enough.”

Angel then broke out of his love-stricken state and looked around with Cream nowhere to be seen. He then saw the closed portal and began to tear up again and cry out.

Spike just groaned and said, “Oh get over it already.”

Author's Note:

I can't believe that it took me this long just to finish this one chapter.:raritydespair::raritycry: It was quite a struggle as I may have already mentioned, but it's finally done.:yay:
Get ready for the true final chapter; but don't worry, it won't take me that long this time.