• Published 14th Aug 2013
  • 3,954 Views, 92 Comments

Mobius and Equestria: Worlds Collide - AngelShy24



When Solar Dusk escapes from Equestria to Mobius, old and new friends must unite to save both worlds!

  • ...
8
 92
 3,954

Chapter 5: Green Hill Battle

(This story is back and in full force since it's log hiatus! Enjoy!)

Twilight and all of her friends traveled through a dimensional portal to a world called Mobius to chase down and find the evil convict of Canerlot, Solar Dusk. They had no luck thus far, but they eventually met up with some unusual creatures that helped them find Fluttershy’s old friend, Cream the Rabbit; who also help helped her defeat Solar Dusk the first time. After a little celebration of their reunion, they came face to face with Mobius’ #1 hero, Sonic the Hedgehog. Once everyone came together, they all went inside Vanilla and Cream’s house where Sonic and his friends would be told of what was going on.

“N-n-no way,” Cream exclaimed, “Solar Dusk is here… in our world?!”

‘Chao chao chao?!’

“He is… unfortunately,” said Fluttershy sadly, “It all happened without any of us knowing about it.”

“And now he’s probably hidin’ somewhere planning to do who knows wut!” added Applejack.

Cream’s friends never met Solar Dusk face to face, but based from what she told them from her stories, they knew that that this situation wasn’t good.

“So… I’m guessing that this Dusk guy being here is a bad thing?” questioned Sonic being rhetorical.

“It’s a very bad thing!” Cream exclaimed, “That guy is dangerously strong and a major threat! If Miss Fluttershy and I didn’t stop him from releasing his mind-controlling gems upon their world, he would’ve succeeded! Who knows what he could do from here!”

‘Cho chao chao chao chao chao!’

Hearing about Solar Dusk succeeding and hurting Cream and her friends caused Angel to hop up on his feet and put on a tough face as he was punching and kicking the air.

“Hee hee, it looks like Angel is ready to face him again,” Pinkie giggled.

“But I don’t understand,” said Tails, “how was he able to get to our world in the first place? I’m sure you guys wouldn’t have just given him the means to escape here, right?”
“Good heavens, of course not,” Rarity protested, “That would be treason!”

“Either way, he did escape,” stated Twilight, “but… he had help.”

“What kind of help?” questioned Amy.

Suddenly, Pinkie was hopping up and down while waving her hoof in the air, “Ooh ooh, I know this one! The guards back at the palace in Canterlot said that whatever it was that took them down and broke Solar Dusk out was super-fast and took out everything and everypony in its path! It had red eyes and sharp claws; and it looked like…” Suddenly, she looked over at Sonic who mostly fit the description of the mysterious intruder. She then gasped and pointed her hoof at him and shouted, “It looked like you!”

Sonic jumped and said nervously, “Wha… like me?!”

“Yeah, a blue hedgehog; that’s what they said it resembled,” said Pinkie as she looked at Sonic suspiciously, “Care to explain yourself, Mister Sonic?”

“Um… c-c-can’t say that I can,” said Sonic as he was feeling a bit uneasy.

“Hold up just a moment,” said Amy as she got in front of Pinkie’s view of Sonic, “That’s completely impossible! Sonic would never do anything like that! Besides, he’s been here the whole time!”

“Not to mention that he has green eyes, not red,” Cream added, “And also, he doesn’t even have claws.”

All of the ponies had a strong feeling that it wasn’t Sonic who did all of the destruction back at their world, but it still bothered them that they remained at a standstill. Tails was deep in thought himself about this situation; but then, a certain thought came to his mind.

“Hmm… this is all very strange, but Amy and Cream are right. Sonic was here with us all this time, it couldn’t have been him… unless…” Then, the obvious answer finally came to him, “Wait, that’s it! There’s no doubt about it; the one responsible had to have been…”
“Metal Sonic!” Tails and all of his friends suddenly shouted together.
Spike suddenly spitted out the tea that he was drinking out of being startled. He looked over at the others and said, “Say what now?”

“Metal Sonic; who the hay is that?” asked Applejack.

“More like what the hay is that,” said Sonic, “It’s just some formidable, robotic freak that was created by my #1 nemesis, specifically designed to destroy me. He built it to be exactly like me in almost every way; except that it’s evil and it doesn’t have my charming good looks.”

Angel rolled his eyes not caring much about that fact.

“Well, how about that, Pinkie darling,” said Rarity looking at Pinkie with a smirk, “It looks like my theory was right all along.”

“Darn it,” said Pinkie slightly pouting, “I was confident that it was an evil twin.”

“Metal Sonic is probably one of Eggman’s strongest creations,” said Amy, “It’s caused so much trouble for us every time Eggman brings it out to play.”

Sonic then stated the obvious, “But it’s also one of his inventions that is always defeated… by yours truly. Nowadays, he’s not so tough.”

“Oh yeah,” said Twilight, “try saying that to all of the wounded guards and solders back in our world. I don’t think they expected to deal with anything like this… Metal Sonic.”

Twilight suddenly had a little scowl on her face thinking of what this creature did to her brother, Shining Armor, and she wanted to take it out herself with her magic. But then, Fluttershy suddenly stood up on her hooves and shouted…

“Well I don’t care about that!”

Everyone in the room suddenly looked over at Fluttershy in slight shock of her outburst.

“Huh?” thought Spike.

“What are you talking about?” questioned Sonic.

“I agree that this robotic clone must be very strong and powerful; but with Solar Dusk here, Metal Sonic will be the least of your worries!”

“Miss Shy is right,” Cream agreed, “Solar Dusk’s power is off the charts. But if he’s working with Eggman now, who knows what he’ll be capable of.”

Sonic was beginning to get more intrigued by this new enemy of theirs. If he was as tough as Cream and her pony friends say, then he knew this was going to be a fresh new ride of excitement for him.

“So in other words… we need to find and stop him before his plan comes to fruition.”

“That’s the plan,” Twilight responded.

Amy suddenly got up and swung her hammer vigorously and smirked, “Well I say bring it on! If this Solar Dusk thinks he can try and control us, he has another thing coming!”

“I like the way you think, sister!” Rainbow Dash agreed.

“So… yer nemesis, Dr. Eggman, where’s his hideout?” said Applejack, “Ah reckon that we don’t have much time.”

Sonic and his friends looked at each other awkwardly not saying much. But then Tails said, “Um… actually… that’s a bit of a problem right now. We don’t… exactly know where his hideout is.”

“What?!” Twilight and her friends shouted.

“Oh dear,” said Cream awkwardly.

“Yeah, Eggman has been extra stealthy lately,” said Sonic with a little chuckle, “I’m actually quite impressed, even for him.”

It seemed to the others that they were once again at a standstill.

“Great,” said Rainbow Dash, “how are we supposed to locate Solar Dusk now?!”

Suddenly, their discussion was interrupted when a giant, red echidna busted the door open and came inside. He shouted…

“Sonic, we have trouble; it’s Eggman! He’s causing some havoc on the east side of Green Hill! We need to…”

He then paused in his sentence as he was looking around the room and saw a bunch of ponies looking at him with shocked and curious expressions.

“Uh… a-a-am I the only one who is seeing a bunch of colorful ponies sitting in this room?”

“No, Knuckles,” Tails responded, “we can all see them.”

“And they are all quite real,” Amy added.

Cream and Cheese had a little chuckle at Knuckles’ awkward reaction. But just then, Vanilla came into the room and saw what caused the loud slam sound.

“Knuckles, dear, do be more careful with opening that door, please; you might shatter it.”

“Oh, um… s-s-sorry, Miss Vanilla,” said Knuckles awkwardly.

“So, Knuckles,” said Sonic, “what do you think? Still think Cream’s story from before is bogus?”

“Well, I… sh-sh-shut up! Don’t patronize me!”

Suddenly, Cream came up to him and asked, “Excuse me, Mister Knuckles, did you just say that Eggman is causing havoc nearby?”

‘Chao chao?’

“Um, yeah; that is what I said.”

To the ponies in the room, this was actually good news for them to hear.

“So if Eggman is there,” said Fluttershy, “then… we can bet that we’ll find Solar Dusk there too!”

Angel grinned and rubbed his paws together ready to help take Solar down.

“Alright; aren’t we lucky all of a sudden,” said Cream excitedly.

‘Chao chao chao!’

Being new on the scene, Knuckles was baffled on their subject, “Who the heck is Solar Dusk?”

“It seems a bit too straight-forward for Eggman to just suddenly show up out of nowhere and start randomly attacking,” said Tails as he was deep in thought, “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that he was up to something.”

Knuckles was still trying to get information, “Hey, I asked a question.”

“Who cares about that?!” said Rainbow Dash in response to Tails, “This is our big chance to easily track and find Solar Dusk and bring him back to his prison cell!”

“For once I completely agree with Rainbow Dash,” said Rarity.

“Hey,” shouted Knuckles, “who the heck is Solar Dusk?!!!”

Everyone looked in Knuckles’ direction and saw how frustrated he looked.

“Well geez, you don’t have to shout,” said Pinkie, “We’re all right here you know.”

“Why you…”

“To answer your question,” said Twilight interrupting Knuckles’ next comment, “Solar Dusk is a foe of ours who escaped into this world, and soon… he might become your foe too.”

Knuckles finally got it as he calmed down and said, “Oh, um… o-okay.”

Without hesitation, Amy jumped up and was all ready to go saying, “Well… what are we all waiting for; let’s go stop Eggman and make him talk!”

Everyone agreed as they all got up and was prepared to immediately head out to find Solar Dusk.

“I’m going on ahead,” shouted Rainbow Dash as she exited the door, “See you guys there!”

As she zoomed off, Sonic was not too far behind as he said, “Ditto that!”

“Always rushing ahead,” said Rarity, “those two definitely share some similar qualities.”

“After meeting that hedgehog,” said Twilight, “I had a feeling that he reminded me of somepony.”

“Yeah, they were definitely made for each other!” said Pinkie with a giggle.

Amy suddenly had fire in her eyes as she glared at Pinkie and said, “What?”

“Oh, I-I mean… they should totally be best friends; heh heh.”

As the others were heading out, Vanilla suddenly rushed over to her daughter shouting, “Cream, wait!” And as her daughter turned towards her looking concerned, Vanilla pleaded, “Cream, you’re not going with them… are you?”

“Of course; I have to go, Mom!” Cream responded, “They may need my help, and I already know what Solar Dusk is capable of!”

Everyone watched as Vanilla held Cream in a tight hug and then looked at her wiping away some tears saying, “Just… just be careful, okay? I don’t want to lose you again.”

Cream slightly smiled and said, “Don’t worry about us, we can take care of ourselves. Isn’t that right, Cheese?”

‘Chao!’

Vanilla then watched as her daughter and Cheese left out the house with everyone else. Fluttershy was still there though and she looked at Vanilla and stated, “Don’t worry, Miss Vanilla, your daughter is tougher than she may look; she’ll be fine. And besides, we’ll all be right there to watch over her.” She then headed out the door herself and said, “Come on, Angel, let’s go!”

Angel quickly jumped on Fluttershy’s back as she raced out the door and was catching up to the others. Vanilla stood at the door watching everyone rushing off to face Eggman, and she trusted that Fluttershy gave her word as she thought to herself, “Please… come back, Cream.”

------

On the far east side of Green Hill zone, Eggman was randomly firing lasers from his floating pod that he had cushioned himself in tearing down some trees and frightening some of the animals that inhabited the area.

“Ah, nothing like a good session of wreaking havoc to make you feel invigorated!” he said to himself, “I could do this all day!”

As Eggman continued his rampaging, he suddenly heard a familiar voice behind him, “Eggman!”

It was his #1 nemesis, Sonic the Hedgehog who arrived on the scene just in time. As he stopped his rampage, Eggman grined as he said, “Ah, right on cue… as usual.” But as he turned around and saw Sonic standing before him, he saw someone else already there with him as well; a rainbow mane Pegasus, Rainbow Dash. He scratched his head thinking to himself, “Huh, how did this one get here already with Sonic? Not even Knuckles or Amy would be here yet.”

“So that’s Eggman?” questioned Rainbow Dash, “Heh, I can see where he got his name from.”

“So what’s with the random destruction, Eggman?” said Sonic, “Are you up to something or are you just trying to annoy us?”

“I don’t have to tell you anything, you insufferable rodent!” Eggman responded, “But since you asked, I am up to something, and you’ll never see it coming.”

Rainbow Dash started laughing sarcastically, “Yeah right; how many times did you say that and then got a taste of irony?”

Sonic gave the Pegasus a high five laughing right with her, “Ha, good one!”

“We’re here, you guys!” shouted out another voice.

Rainbow and Sonic turned around and saw their other friends finally catching up and arriving on the scene.

“About time you guys got here,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Honestly, someone needs to put a leash on the two of you,” said Rarity.

It was quite a sight for Eggman to see magical ponies teaming up with his enemies; but he still found it a bit hard to believe that only some of them took down his new partner. He was ready to see what they were made of.

“Hail hail, the gang is all here,” he said, “exactly what I was waiting for. Now we can get down to business.”

“Hey everyone, look,” said Pinkie, “it’s a giant egg! Hee hee, sorry I couldn’t help myself!”

“Wow, he is definitely weird-looking for a creature,” said Twilight, “He kinda reminds me a bit of that other world I went to.”

“Yeah,” Spike chuckled, “except this one looks waaaaaay uglier.”

“Enough!” shouted Eggman as he pounded his control panel, “It’s about time that I now carry on with my plan, destroying all of you!”

Everyone started to laugh at the evil scientist thinking he was being full of himself. Then Twilight stepped up and said, “Yeah, good luck with trying to do that. I don’t know you much yet and neither do my friends from our world, but we will do anything to get what we want out of you. Now… where is he?”

Eggman arched his eyebrow and stated, “Come again?” He did knew what she was talking about though, but he just wanted to mess with their minds.

“Don’t play the dumb card with us,” said Applejack, “she’s talking about another pony… like us!”

Eggman was now stroking his beard saying, “Hmm…” pretending to figure out what they meant.

“A unicorn…” said Rainbow Dash, “escaped from our world… to work with you… thanks to one of your creations… Metal Sonic?”

“Ah, Metal Sonic,” Eggman stated, “my greatest creation! So, you have heard of it?”

Suddenly, Fluttershy couldn’t take it anymore as she zoomed up to Eggman’s face and demanded, “Enough games, Mister! Tell us where Solar Dusk is… now!”

Everyone was very shocked by Fluttershy’s sudden action; even Cream and her friends. Eggman activated a mechanical arm that lightly pushed Fluttershy away from him. “Whoa, back up there, missy; I need personal space.”

Just then, Cream stepped up to him herself, “We know you’re working with him, Eggman; so tell us where he is… or we’ll make you”

‘Chao chao chao!’

While brushing off Fluttershy’s and Cream’s threats like they were nothing, Eggman suddenly said, “You know… now that I think about it, perhaps I do know a little something about this Solar Dusk that you speak of. But… something else just occurred to me; I don’t have to tell any of you anything!”

Eggman then pressed a button that caused a beam to shoot out from his machine.

“Watch out,” shouted Twilight.

Everyone quickly dodged to the sides to avoid Eggman’s fired shot. After they got back up, they knew what they had to do.

“I guess he’s not going to tell us,” said Rainbow Dash, “so we’re going to have to beat the location out of him!”

Knuckles smirked while beating his fist, “Heh, my kind of persuasion.”

“Too bad that you forgot to bring your robots to assist you, Eggman,” Sonic teased as the others gathered around to prepare, “There’s 14 of us and only one of you. If you ask me, you’re finished!”

Eggman just smiled as he stroked his moustache, “Oh, did I really forget?”

He lifted up a small control stick and pressed the button on top, and then huge transporter beams came down all around Eggman. And now, a huge army of Egg Pawns were standing before them ready to attack.

“He just had to open his big mouth, didn’t he?” groaned Spike, “Way to go, savior of this world.”

Twilight’s friends were pretty shocked at how many robots were in front of them, especially Rarity who said, “Now that is a lot of robots.

But Sonic and all of his friends seemed to be calm and were not worried at all.

“Don’t worry about these guys,” said Amy, “they’re just Egg Pawns.”

“Egg Pawns?” said Futtershy.

“They’re Eggman’s weakest robot units,” said Tails, “They usually serve only as practice dummies for us and Eggman mainly uses them as a decent distraction.”

All of Sonic’s friends, even Knuckles, stood back as Sonic stepped forward ready to spin, “You guys can all stand back and preserve your energy.” He then dashed towards the Egg Pawns in a high speed spin, “I’ll have these bots trashed in no time at…”

Suddenly, the robot that Sonic aimed at first raised its fist up and punched at him, “OOOF!” The impact sent him flying back in the other direction right against a tree.

“You were saying?” said Spike.

While the ponies winced from the sight, Sonic’s friends were all standing there in shocked wondering what happened.

“Did… d-d-did Sonic just… get easily knocked back by an Egg Pawn?!” questioned Tails, “How did that happen?!”

“Sonic, you can go easy on them,” said Amy, “but not that easy!”

Sonic stood up and groaned while shaking his head from the robot’s punch and responded, “Trust me, I wasn’t going easy on them in the first place; I’m just as shocked as you guys probably are.”

“Ha, didn’t expect that now did you?” Eggman gloated, “Serves you right for being so cocky!”

“Wait, so are you guys saying that wasn’t supposed to happen?” questioned Twilight.

Sonic’s friends just nodded their heads and said together, “Pretty much.”

Just then as Cream was staring at the Egg Pawns, she felt a strong wave of energy that she recognized really well. Not only that, she noticed something else as she shouted out, “Wait a minute! Guys, look; those Egg Pawns have some kind of weird gems on their chest plates!” They all saw them, but they were wondering what she was trying to say about them, “I think… I think they were created… by Solar Dusk!”

Suddenly, all of their mouths dropped and most of them gasped in shock, “What?!”

‘Chao?!’

Fluttershy came over to Cream and asked, “Are you sure about that, Cream?!”

“I’m sure of it! I could suddenly feel the same dark energy that I felt when he had Cheese under his control!”

Cheese just shuddered at the mere thought of that moment that he went through, ‘Chaaaaoo…’

“If that’s true,” said Tails, “then that would explain why the Egg Pawns seem stronger than usual.”

“So… you all finally figured it out,” Eggman chuckled, “Good for you.”

Knuckles pounded his fist together and suddenly started running towards the same Egg Pawn that knocked Sonic away shouting, “Well then… let’s just see how well these powered-up bots hold up to my fists!”

And with one swing, Knuckles’ fist collided with the pawn’s metal hand and broke though and shattered it in to scrap metal. Knuckles grinned as he looked back at Sonic and gloated, “Heh, looks like I’ve outdone you this time, Sonic.”

Sonic didn’t really cared though as he just shrugged his shoulders, “Eh, whatever.”

Amy smiled as she held up her hammer in hand and said, “Well then, I guess now we can all fight, and we don’t have to hold anything back!”

With their chance of success for their mission riding on this encounter, Twilight knew they had to help the others stop this mad scientist. She smirked over at her friends and asked them, “Up for a little warm-up, girls?”

“You bet we are!” Applejack replied.

Pinkie was bouncing in excitement and was ready to go, “Party time!”

“No, kickin’ butt time!” said Rainbow Dash.

But Eggman diddn’t seem worried, “Hee hee, do your worst. Egg Pawns, attack!”

The Egg Pawns took their orders and began to charge towards their enemies with their shields and weapons.

“Come on, Cream!” shouted Fluttershy as she ran towards the fight with her friends.

Cream smiled as she followed behind the yellow Pegasus with Cheese, “Yeah, let’s do it!”

‘Chao chao!’
Angel hopped on Fluttershy’s back and was all ready to fight as well.

Everyone was rushing into battle against the Egg Pawns using the best in their abilities to take them down. Despite the Egg Pawns’ large numbers, Sonic and his friends were quite used to this sort of thing and started taking them down one by one despite their enhanced strength. As for Twilight and her friends… well, let’s just say that this was nothing compared to the evil encounters they had back in their world.

After taking out a few pawns himself, Sonic looked over at Eggman and said, “Not bad, Egghead; your robots may be tougher, but I can still take them down in no time at all!”

Suddenly, a dark blue blur came zooming out of nowhere and impacted on the ground near Sonic who jumped to the side in slight shock, “Whoa!”

The figure rose and displayed its bright red eyes and sharp, metal claws and it stared Sonic down, “Your opponent will be me.”

“Look guys,” Cream yelled out to everyone, “its Metal Sonic! He must be here to keep Sonic busy!”

When Twilight and her friends looked over and saw the menacing robotic clone, they were at a loss for words. They couldn’t believe that this was the creature that attacked the Canterlot Palace.

“That’s Metal Sonic?” stated Pinkie, “He looks nothing like the real one! Well, okay, he is blue, but other than that, he looks nothing like him!”

Sonic smirked realizing that he had more of a challenge on his hand… just how he likes it. “I suppose that you have one of those powerful crystals in you too, right?”

“You foolish, inferior being,” Metal Sonic protested, “I do not need some power-enhanced crystal to defeat you!”

“Good,” Sonic responded while cracking his fist, “those odds I like; let’s go!”

Then, faster than anyone could blink, Sonic and his robot counterpart dashed at each other and began fighting at blazing speed. The Ponies were a little worried at first, but they soon realized they probably fight all the time… and Sonic is usually victorious since he’s still alive.

“Whoa, they’re both so incredibly fast,” said Spike in amazement as he was standing on the ground watching the fast-moving brawl, “I can barely see them at all at their present speed!”

“Spike, look out!” Twilight suddenly shouted.

She tossed Spike away with her magic just as soon as a Pawn’s spear came slamming down where he stood. She then proceeded to pick up the robot and tossed it into some others nearby.

“Man that was close!” said Spike as he was catching his breath. He then quickly climbed up on Twilight’s back laughing nervously, “Um… m-m-mind if I ride on your back while you fight?”

Twilight smiled and rolled her eyes responding, “I don’t see why not.”

“Yeah, now this is so much better!”

In the midst of the battle, Cream and Cheese were with each other as always; with Cream throwing her chao friend to give him speed and power to knock down the Egg Pawns, “Go, Cheese!”

‘Chao!’

Angel saw how Cream and Cheese cooperated together and became quite curious as he looked up at Fluttershy.

“You… wanna try that too?” she awkwardly asked.

Angel smirked and nodded his head saying yes to the offer. Fluttershy picked him up and was feeling nervous as she held her arm back, “O-okay; um… go, Angel!”

Fluttershy threw Angel with all of her might and Angel got into a cool kicking pose as he approached the targeted pawn. But his body came to a halt as his foot made contact to the pawn’s robotic hide and he cringed a bit in pain as he fell down on the ground.

“Oh my,” said Fluttershy, “I guess regular rabbit kicks aren’t very effective on these guys.”

The Egg Pawn looked down at Angel and started laughing at him in amusement, “Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha.”

Angel got infuriated at the robot and scurried up to its front. The robot watched as Angel suddenly grabbed the gem in its chest hull and ripped it out, causing it to shut down and fall to the ground.

Angel made a little ‘hmph’ sound as he smirked and was tossing the gem up and down in his paw.

“Um... th-thhat’ll work,” said Fluttershy feeling quite impressed.

Knuckles was using his brute strength in his fist to plow his way through a group of robots, as always. To him this was no sweat at all. “Is that all you got, you mangy robots?!”

Suddenly, he heard a voice from behind him, “Heads up!” He turned around and saw the pony named Applejack lassoed an Egg Pawn that snuck up upon him and was swinging around, “Time to go fer a ride!” She then swung the pawn into some others nearby knocking them all out of commission.

Knuckles felt kind of impressed seeing that his butt was saved from an earth pony, “You’re not too shabby… for a pony.”

“Yeah, well mah friends and Ah weren’t chosen as the main protectors of Equestria fer nothin’,” Applejack replied, “We handle ourselves quite well.”

“Even miss drama queen over there?”

“Yup, even her.”

They saw Rarity being approached by a small group of Pawns who were pointing their guns at her. She put on an innocent pouty face and pleaded, “Oh, please don’t shoot me; you’ll ruin my make-up!””
The Egg Pawns all stopped and were all looking at each other feeling confused of Rarity’s action. However, that gave her enough time blast them down with her own magic and they became nothing but spare parts. Rarity chuckled in amusement, “Oh, you pawns really are gullible.”

“Heh, not bad,” said Knuckles.

Applejack nodded and smirked, “Told ya.”

Eggman was just sitting in the safety confines of his Egg pod watching the others fight and take down his robots; and he was quite impressed of how these pony creatures were handling themselves. But he wasn’t worried at all, “Look at all of them; they think they are winning and foiling my plan, but unknown to them…” He then held up a tiny microscopic robot bug in his hands and chuckled, “I still have the upper hand.”

Sonic and Metal Sonic were continuing their fight little ways from the others to keep from being interrupted. But in the midst of the fight, Sonic held his ground and said to the robotic clone, “Hey, just what is Eggman up to anyway; he’s obviously not trying to destroy us.”

“Explain.”

“I mean… this fight… it seems a bit farfetched; and you don’t seem to be seriously trying to get rid of me… almost like you’re trying to stall for time.”

“That is completely illogical,” Metal Sonic protested, “I will destroy you here and now!”

The middle of Metal Sonic began to glow and then shot a powerful beam shot forward and barely missed Sonic as he quickly dodged to the side. “Okay, you‘ve convinced me.”

“Oh, I hate fighting like this,” said Cream as she was fighting back to back with Fluttershy against the pawns.

‘Chao.’

“Me too,” Fluttershy responded as she kept dodging strikes from the Egg Pawns, “but if we don’t, we won’t get any closer to finding Solar Dusk. So that makes this worth it, right?”

“Mmm-hmm.”

But suddenly, Cream, Cheese, Fluttershy, an Angel found themselves surrounded by the Egg Pawns. The pawns were closing in with nowhere for them to run.

“Yes yes, get them!” ordered Eggman.

“Uh-oh,” said Tails, “those guys are in trouble; we have to help them!”

“Stand down, fox boy!” shouted Rainbow Dash who knocking out some robots of her own, “I think Fluttershy and your rabbit friend might surprise you.”

Sonic and the others knew that Cream and Cheese could handle themselves in a fight, but they always helped them out in some sort of way. But they saw Cream and Cheese smirk at each other and then at Angel, and then Angel looked at Fluttershy who calmly smiled with confidence and said, “Let’s do it!”

The Egg Pawns suddenly all charged at them from all around, but they both easily dodged them all by flying straight up in the air.

“Obviously, they forgot that we can both fly,” Fluttershy.

Once they were high enough, Cream leapt off of Fluttershy and landed right on one of the robot’s head. “I’m right here,” she teased as she taped her foot, “come and get me.”

All robotic eyes were on her as they raised their weapons; but as they kept swinging they kept missing as Cream was hopping repeatedly across them and were instead getting each other. Fluttershy then swooped down sweep some of the bots of their feet.

“Pardon me.”

Cream jumped back on top of her as she came by and went back up in the sky. Cream then shouted, “Now, Miss Shy; lets dive!” Fluttershy nodded as she dived down at a fast enough speed; then Cream held up Cheese and used their diving speed to throw Cheese at the robots at an even faster velocity.

‘CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO!’

In a blazing blue ball of glory, Cheese knocked out their share of Egg Pawns in one swoop; and their gems even shattered. Cheese landed on the ground where Angel stood beside him; and they both smirked at each other as they gave each other a fist bump.

“Whoa, you would never expect something like that from them,” said Tails in shock.

“Did they just do that?” said Spike, “That was unreal! You go, girls… and, uh… Chao and bunny!”

Cream and Fluttershy were smiling while taking a breather. It seemed to them that they could almost do everything if they fight with each other. Cheese came flying in Cream’s arms and gave her an excited hug to celebrate.
“That was fun,” said Cream, “I guess fighting is good when it’s against evil!”

Fluttershy nodded her head as she held Angle up, “It sure is.”

Eggman saw everything and was quite intrigued of what he witnessed, “Not bad; perhaps I can kinda see how those two might’ve beaten Solar Dusk… and that bunny is definitely smarter than it looks.”

“Well… that was fun!” said Pinkie after taking down the last group of robots with her secret weapon, “Like I always say, I never go anywhere without my party cannon!”

“How in the world did you bring that thing out?!” said Knuckles.

“I don’t question everything about you, do I?”

Applejack was working up quite sweat feeling that she went through a good work-out, “There were a lot of them, but that fight seemed much easier than Ah thought.”

“Of course it was” said Amy with a smirk, “that was nothing but a warm-up. My hammer and I hardly broke a sweat.”

“Usually Eggman has more elaborate plans than just a simple attack like this,” said Tails, “He must have something else up his sleeve.”

Suddenly, there was loud crash behind them on the ground. They turned around and saw that it was Metal Sonic; but despite it being down, it wasn’t badly damaged. Although, it wasn’t too much to the original Sonic either as the blue blur came down from the sky with a proud smirk.

“Sonic-1, metal fake-0. I’m sure that even you saw this coming; maybe you should’ve used one of those crystals to make this an even more fair fight.”

“Oh look, he’s being full of himself again,” said Spike sarcastically.

“Hey,” shouted Rainbow, “you’re definitely tougher than you look!”

“Thanks, and I could say the same thing about you guys.”

Now that all of Eggman’s robots were destroyed and Metal Sonic down for the count at the moment, this was finally their chance to get at Eggman and force him to reveal solar Dusk’s location.

“Fall back, Metal Sonic,” he shouted, “you’ve had your fun… for now.”

Metal Sonic stood back up on it two legs and glared intensely at Sonic; but knowing it had its orders, it responded, “Understood.”

It fell back and reunited to Eggman’s side; but Sonic and the others were slowly approaching him. Sonic stated, “What’s the matter, Eggman? Are we too much for you to handle… as always?”

“Don’t be absurd!” Eggman shouted, “I could squash you all at any time I choose!”

“That kind of funny,” said Twilight with her friends beside her, “They say that you said that all the time, but you’ve yet to do so up to this point. Just admit it, you’re beat; so now you’re going to tell us where Solar Dusk is whether you like it or not!”

That’s right!” shouted Cream and Fluttershy in agreement.

‘Chao chao chao!’

“HA, fat chance; you’re not getting anything out of me!”

“Trying to make a retreat, coward?” questioned Knuckles, “That always seems to be your specialty.”

“Think of it more like a tactical retreat. I have what I came here for, and now will take my leave.”

“Wait, what was he even after?” questioned Rarity.

They suddenly saw Eggman hold up a small vile in his hand while grinning mischievously. That was definitely suspicious to all of them knowing they had no idea of what it contained.

“Wait, what’s in that vile?” said Fluttershy.

“Oh this? You find out soon enough; but until then, I’m out of here!”

Eggman began making his escape with Metal Sonic, but Rainbow Dash went after him before he got too far, “Hey, stop right there! Who said that we were going to let you get away?!”

But right at the last minute, Eggman released a tiny metal ball that dropped out from the back of his pod. Once upon it, it exploded with blinding light that caused everyone to shield their eyes; but for Rainbow, she couldn’t see where she was going and slammed right into a nearby tree. Once the light died down, everyone looked up and Eggman was nowhere to be seen.

“Ugh, you have got to be kidding me,” said Knuckles.

“No way, where did he go?!” said Cream looking around.

‘Chao chao!’

Once Rainbow got herself together and got back up from her crash, she noticed that Eggman was gone, and so was their chance to find Solar Dusk, “You mean… he got away? Darn it; I had him!”

“Welcome to our world,” said Sonic.

“Not to worry, everyone!” said Tails proudly as he held up a small device of his, “While Eggman wasn’t looking, I placed a small tracking bug on his pod; so with this, we’ll be able to see where he goes… and he’ll lead us straight to Solar Dusk!”

As usual, Sonic and his friends were proud of him and not surprised at all; but for Twilight and her friends, it was the complete opposite reaction of how easily he did his feat.

“Alright, Tails!” Cream cheered, “That was such a great idea!”

‘Chao chao!’

Angel just folded his arms and sighed.

“That’s our Tails,” said Sonic, “always one step ahead of us.”

Rainbow Dash flew up to Tails and gave him a light noogie, “Nice move, kid; now let’s see where this Egg idiot goes.”

“Gotcha,” Tails responded, “just let me set in the coordinates, and… we have video feed!”

But as soon as the bug’s video view came up on Tails’ device, the first thing he saw was a familiar foe glaring back with red eyes, “Ahh, Metal Sonic?!”

“What’s going on back there?” said Eggman from the video feed.

“It is nothing… Master,” it replied before it picked up the bug and crushed it in its claws causing the video on Tails device to go out.
“What happened?” asked Twilight.
Tails sighed and lowered his head as he said, “I’m afraid Metal Sonic noticed my tracking bug and crushed it; looks like Eggman has gotten away.”

They were all so close in finding out where Solar Dusk was hiding, but Tails’ extra plan was ruined thanks to Metal Sonic. Everyone soon became disappointed not because of Tails but because they knew something could’ve prevented this.
While everyone was feeling a bit disappointed however, Pinkie tried to act positive and pulled a small plate of cookies to share. “So… anyone want some cookies? I brought some of Vanilla’s just in case!” But everyone just looked at her either arching their eyebrow wondering where she got them from or giving her a small glare feeling that now wasn’t the time. “Anyone; no? Okay, more for me.”

Author's Note:

Hopefully it won't take me as long to do the next chapter.