• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 906 Views, 16 Comments

Sweet and Sour Pie - BurritoMilk



Pinkie Pie feels starts feeling mean... Pinkamena wants to be kind... Read to see what happens!

  • ...
3
 16
 906

Bipolar?

Who am I?

I thought I was a pink, happy, silly, mare.

Did YOU?

Well, you are WRONG!!!

I'm so sorry...

It all started when I was going outside to get the mail. I bounced happily to the rusted metal box and saw that there wasn't any mail.

"Whoops!" I thought aloud, realizing that I don't get mail on Sundays.

I smiled and began to hop away when a shudder of cold overwhelmed my body. I opened my mouth, and without me even meaning to-

"UGH! Why did I have to go ALL the way outside for NOTHING?!?"

My own voice startled me. It was dark and strained. My eyes widened in fear. That was NOT me.
What's happening to me?

Still stone cold, I ran back inside, shuddering with tears streaking down my cheeks. I calmed down after a while; writing a couple random party invitations to lift my spirits.

Later, at around 6, I remembered I had planned to say hi to Twilight, who was, at the time, sick. I was nervous to head over there, but I reassured myself. "That was a one time deal. It won't happen again." And with that thought in mind, I gently placed a couple lollipops in my saddlebag, along with a get well soon card and a balloon,

And I slowly walked to Twilight's house.

I knocked on the door gingerly. "Come in," a some what decrepit voice called from inside. I slowly opened the door. "Oh no! You two are both sick!"
Twilight smiled softly.

"Yes, poor Spike wore himself out trying to tend to my every need, and,"

she stopped, blew her nose quite loudly, and continued,

"he got himself sick, little guy was working too hard."

I looked at her and her dragon for a while. With them both sick, they seemed so alike.
The same red nose and tired eyes, with a sort of handicapped feel to their bodies that were dwarfed in comparison by the bundles of blankets and used tissues that were piled all around them.

"So what brings you here?" Twilight asked as she sipped some hot tea out of an old mug.

"I heard you were sick and-" My voice cut short as my throat tightened. I looked down and swallowed. A cold sensation enveloped me and I felt angry, like I knew I was right in an argument and the pony I was arguing with was clearly wrong. I looked back up again.

"I heard you were sick and I COULDN'T. CARE. LESS."

I tore open my saddle bag. The balloon floated out. In one swift movement I tugged it down and stomped all the air out of it. A sickening POP! echoed in the library and woke up the sleeping Spike.
After pounding and tearing apart the handmade card I created for her, I stopped. The iciness in my heart melted away, and hot tears sprang to my eyes.

Ashamed, embarrassed, and afraid, I ran out the door, not even shutting it behind me as I stumbled on my own hooves.

I collapsed on the sidewalk, not a block away from home, and cried myself to sleep.

I woke up in the morning at around sunrise. For a second I had forgotten about am the terrible things that had been going on, but then reality hit me over the head like a bat.

My head hung as I began my way home, to Sugarcube Corner. When I got there I pondered what to do.
If I dared to socialize with anypony, I would hurt them in some way, so I knew it was best to lock myself it my room and do nothing.

Once in my room, I read some Daring Do, ate candy, and slept. Until a knock came at my door.
"Pinkie, honey, are you alright? I haven't heard you lately, and you usually give Carrot, Pound, Pumpkin and I Good Morning cards."

Mrs.Cake. I looked at my nightstand, and 4 Good Morning cards rested there. Quick, think of an excuse!
"I er, I've been really tired lately, I want to be left a-"

I bit my lip and my ears went flat on the back of my head as I stuttered over the word,
"alone. I want to be left alone. Please."

"OK honey, if that makes you happy, I'll make sure to let Carrot know."
First I'm hurting ponies' feelings, now I'm LYING?

I scooped up Gummy, who had been staring at me for a while now, his emotionless purple eyes staring at me aimlessly.

"Aww I love you," I said, rubbing his little head with my hoof."You're the best!"

I sighed. If only he could help me now. But I knew I couldn't count on a pathetic reptile to help me with my issues. I had to help myself.

I packed my saddlebag with food, water, a blanket, and Gummy, and with out a word to any of the Cakes, strolled right out the door and into the open Ponyville, my confidence high. But as I walked around, ponies whispered.

"How 'bout Pinkie yesterday?"

"Look, it's HER,"

And other rude things were spoken, and the more I heard, the more my confidence plummeted. Who was I kidding? I wasn't going to just be normal again. That wasn't how it worked. "Hey, YOU."

I was jolted out of my train of thought.

"Huh?" I looked around frantically.

"Yah, YOU."

Me? Were they talking to me? "Wha?" I asked again, louder this time.

"Want to play hopscotch?" I whirled around yet again, only to see a little colt and a filly agree to playing hopscotch. What was I thinking?

Responding to a colt?

Am I desperate for socialization?

Embarrassed, a picked up a canter and didn't look up until I heard the call of a strange bird and felt the wind blow my mane. Leaves rustled. I looked up quickly. I ran all the way here. It seemed to pull me in.

A voice in my head whispered in a scratchy voice:

"Go, go, go inside, here we understand you..."

I looked up and gulped. I didn't want to in there.

But it understood me. I had to go in.

And without even looking back, I ran straight into the Everfree Forest.

"Pinkie, welcome home! We CARE about you here. Stay for a while!"

The voice felt like part of me.

"Wh-who are you?"

"You know who i am, Pinkie,"

"I don't under-"

"Of COURSE you do..."

But how? How did this pony, this THING know who i was? It all made no sense...

"Pinkie, i know who you are, your thoughts, your feelings, because-"

the raspy, dark voice paused. Then, the terrible voice changed into my own-

"Pinkie, I'm YOU!"

Author's Note:

He he, I'm new at writing fan fictions, any constructive criticism would be great! :D