• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 3,674 Views, 279 Comments

DANGAN RONPA Equestria: The Elements of Hope and Despair! - Nyte-Blade



Monobear takes over a class reunion, a tour of the new school Twilight just had built, bringing them to the Kingdom of Mutual Killing.

  • ...
11
 279
 3,674

Ch.3 (Ab)normal Days Part 2

Author's Note:

Had this chapter done for about a couple of weeks. Truth be told, I wasn't really all that confident. But given that it sets me up for a better chapter, I think I'm okay now.

Honestly? I feel the damn chapter's all over the place,but eh. Pros and cons.

On one hand, this gave me an excuse to look into putting the DR Anime's tracks in the fic, and the tracks were all in japanese! So I can't say what they are!

The animu wasn't as good, but it's got some music I can use at least.

Enjoy, and as usual, leave your impressions and such in the comments below! If there's any problems, I'll do my best to address them quickly!

Sorry I took so bloody long, and Thanks for reading as always and for sticking around!

“Uu~pupupu~... You really shouldn’t have done that.”

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo turn around, backing away on reflex the moment they heard Monobear behind them.

Track: Despair-Syndrome

“What’s that supposed to mean?! It’s her fault!” Scootaloo seethed, pointing at Apple Bloom.

“Me?! Yer the one who done knocked Sweetie Belle in that hole!”

“Whelp, since you bastards can’t take responsibility for your actions, I’ll just have to clean up your mess! Who makes a king clean up his subject’s mess? It’s worse than changing diapers!” Monobear clapped his paws twice after saying that.

“Uhh... you’ve changed diapers before?” Snails hesitantly asked.

Out of nowhere, a faint hum of a motor off in the distance quickly grew louder and louder with great haste.

“That sound...” Silver Spoon nervously muttered.

The vroom that echoed, coming from the entrance of the Kindness District, revealed itself to be a cement truck speeding it’s way towards us.

Wait, a cement truck!?

Dangan Ronpa the Animation OST track 11, CD2

Miss Cheerilee dashed to the hole and threw her own leash down, beckoning Sweetie Belle to grab onto it.

Our teacher’s brave and she’s got the right idea, but pulling on that leash would just choke her.

I took a firm grip of the leash, with a bit of support from Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Snails’s magic.

Much to my surprise, even Silver Spoon grabbed hold.

We all looked at Miss Cheerilee’s eyes, and with a quick nod, we pulled Sweetie Belle up with all our might, just before the cement truck got close enough to the hole.

Remembering what I laid eyes on a moment ago, my hooves take me back to the pit, noticing that the pieces of the statue are still there.

“Snails! Get the head of that statue down there!”

“Wha-”

“DO IT!” I screamed

“Alright, alright!”

Snails used his magic to briskly lift the head out of the hole.

“Uu~pu pu pu~”

Monobear hopped in the truck and began trying to intentionally get cement on the statue’s head, making Snails glare at Monobear.

“HEY, CUT THAT OUT!”

“Snails, focus!” I shouted, noticing that his levitation magic was cut short.

“Ah, crap!” Snails focused on the falling head, getting it before it fell into the solidifying liquid below.

Come on, I know that’s Discord’s head. I need that head.

I don’t know why, but I need Discord’s head!

The second it was within reach, I grabbed it, rolling away from the hole.

“Wow, I didn’t think you’d cling to that thing so fondly! If you wanted a head so badly, I could just serve you one from one of your dead classmates!” Monobear hopped out of the truck after filling the hole completely.

I had no need to respond to this guy. All that matters is that I have this head.

The fact that I even have it... may be one step closer to the truth. It opens many other questions, but I’d rather have that than nothing to go on. I need to examine this head the first chance I get.

I need all the clues I can find.

Diamond Tiara of course, was walking through the flowers, quickly regaining her composure as if she were startled a moment before. Her eyes were homing in me, or rather, what I was holding in my hooves.

“Discord’s head- wait, why was his statue down there? Did you blank flanks break it somehow? Typical trashy behavior!” Diamond Tiara scoffed, approaching Scootaloo and Apple Bloom.

Track: Distrust

“Break it?! We didn’t even know Discord had a statue down there!” Scootaloo replied defensively.

“Ya still knocked Sweetie Belle into it! There’s blood on the head! She prolly hurt’erself cuz of you!”

They see the blood, but I guess they’re too heated to notice that the blood is right around the neck area, as if the blood came from within. Not only that, but it’s somewhat dried too...

“What, you’re saying I hurt her!? She doesn’t have any injuries on her body anywhere!”

“Then explain that blood- Oh waaaaaait, ya done punched her!”

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom... I never thought they’d start blaming each other like this.

And then There’s Sweetie Belle; she hasn’t said a word. She normally would’ve made them stop by now, but she’s just staring at nothing. I can’t tell what she’s thinking. It’s as if a robot were shut down and acting as a mannequin.

To be honest, I found it kind of scary.

“I think I’ll leave you bastards to tear each other’s throats out. At the rate this is going, I may not even have to give a motive! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Monobear cackled.

“Hey, what’s that supposed to mean?!” Scootaloo hissed.

“He wouldn’t be sayin’ that if ya hadn’t knocked Sweetie Belle in that hole! She could’ve died!” Apple Bloom chided.

“I would never kill her!” Scootaloo seethed, completely ignoring Monobear driving the cement truck out of the district.

“Uhh, guys? If you could calm down for a moment-” Snails feebly interjected.

With a unionized ‘shut up’ from the mares, Snails backed down quickly, fearing any further wrath from them.

“Ya went all out against ME a minute ago! Who’s to say this new attitude of yers ain’t gonna make ya kill yer own friends?!” Apple Bloom continued.

“Friends? Hah, you just said I almost killed Sweetie Belle! If you hadn’t opened your big mouth, I’d be apologizing to Sweetie Belle right now instead of arguing with you! And what the heck do you mean by friends anyway?! I don’t trust any of these ponies here! But if you think I’m an enemy too, then so be it! I’m done with you! I don’t see how you can hunt for cutie marks now that there’s only one of you!”

“One? Who said Sweetie Belle’s going with you?! Ah’ can’t have the cutie mark crusaders by myself! So she’s stickin' wit' me! You can go n’ leave if ya wanna!”

With a deep and heavy sigh, Scootaloo hung her head low quickly, swinging her hood onto her head.

Here we go again...

“All you care about is finding your stupid cutie mark. I told you before, didn’t I? Why can’t you get your priorities straight?”

“...”

Sweetie Belle, continuing to stare off into space, takes one step forward, and then another, heading towards the district gate.

Is she in a state of shock? Why isn’t she saying anything!?

“So you’re just gonna let Sweetie Belle go?” Silver Spoon interjected, with better success, despite the instant, if not, arguably worse scorn from the two mares.

“What’s that supposed to mean? Honestly, hearing you talk just makes me wanna tenderize you right now.”

“Instead of ‘tenderizing’ me, you really should just heed my words, you base mare.” Silver calmly sliced away Scootaloo’s threat.

“B-base!?” Scootaloo’s eye twitched, looking at Silver Spoon, then Sweetie Belle. That’s when she realized it. “Sweetie Belle!? Where are you-”

“Aww, are these two getting on your nerves? Never fear, Diamond Tiara is here!”

“Dia, what are you...”

“Come now, Sil! Sweetie Belle is bothered by her two besties fighting each other! Daddy always told me to let things cool down before going back to your friends to work things out! I totally think that’s what Sweetie Belle should do!”

“YOU BITCH! GET AWAY FROM HER!” Scootaloo barked, inching closer to her enemy, like a dog preparing to pounce it’s prey.

With a light giggle, our wanna-be princess for once, wasn’t affected by Scootaloo’s blood-thirsty glare.

“Oh please, you talk as if she’s your property. She’s not. She’s got a will of her own, and she’s free to do as she pleases.” Diamond flipped her hair before calmly continuing, “I talk down to you blank flanks as I please, and honestly, I always thought Sweetie Belle had the best chance of rising to my standing. She’s got the cuteness thing going for her at least, but she’s being held back by base, blank flanks like you two. So leave Sweetie Belle alone for a while.”

Scootaloo stopped in her tracks, as her fury slowly melted into a puddle of desperation. Even Silver Spoon could sigh at Tiara’s actions.

“You’re trying to manipulate her! She’s just in shock from falling down that hole! At least let me say I’m sorry!”

“Wow~ you really are an idiot! Hear me out just this once, you two: I was thinking of talking to Sweetie Belle myself so we could bury the hatchet!” Tiara gleefully said, ignoring Sweetie Belle’s scorn. “It’s something that’s been loooooooooong overdue, don’t you think? We’ll all benefit from it and maybe live just a teeny bit longer, right? Of course I’m right! I’m Diamond Tiara! When a brilliant mare of my caliber can think of a nice little good deed like this, it’ll always go right! The world conforms to top class mares like me! When everything already goes my way, then what do you possibly have to lose, hmm?” I never thought I’d see her smile so kindly like that, and to one of her enemies at that.

“Dia...” Silver Spoon winced, as if appalled by Diamond Tiara’s suggestion.

But...

Is it bad that I can actually see some merit in this plan?

If she can make amends with one Crusader, she can make amends with them all.

It reminds me of the story I heard with how the Elements of Harmony actually befriended Discord.

But still, on paper, this plan sounds like the best thing Diamond Tiara can do. In practice, it still can go right, but not without getting past a few emotional obstacles.

I’m not sure I can trust such a task to somepony with a history like Diamond Tiara.

You don’t lay out a benevolent plan in such a mocking and condescending tone, no matter how much of a cute smile you put on. You just don’t.

Track: Welcome Despair School

Scootaloo of course rushes in front of Sweetie Belle, shoving Diamond Tiara to the side, putting her hooves on her friend in a reassuring manner.

“Sweetie Belle, you don’t need go with her! I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean to punch you! Come on, you don’t need to go with this stupid mare! She’s just trying to get in your head cuz she’s jealous of something she doesn’t have!”

“WHY WOULD I BE JEALOUS OF YOU!?” Tiara seethed, while getting back on her hooves.

“Then why did you have to fight?” Sweetie Belle calmly asked.

“Huh? I mean, I had to teach her a lesson, and uhh... I mean, it was partly her fault that Twist and Dinky Doo died, and, uhh...”

“...” Sweetie Belle closed her eyes, and gently moved Scootaloo’s hooves off her shoulders. “You’ve done enough, Scootaloo. No more. Please... No more!”

She turned her head away from the mare before her, with her cheeks slowly getting soaked in her tears.

“SWEETIE BELLE!” Scootaloo cried out.

“So it was only mah fault that two friends died?” Apple Bloom muttered in an gruff, hushed tone. “Mah fault... me...? Mah fault...”

“G-guys, it was nopony’s fault! I mean-” Snails hesitantly said, but honestly, deep down, I think he knows just how futile that is.

“Snails, don’t.” I said.

“This freakin’ sucks dude, can’t you see that?!”

“I know. But it’s not our business. What can we do? We don’t know those three personally. They gotta work their own problems out. We outsiders can’t do a thing for them. If we interfered, we might make things worse.”

That’s honestly what I thought.

What can we do?

Featherweight might’ve said something differently, but that’s one thing he never understood. Some matters we just can’t solve, simply because we’re not involved. Blindly going in to fix a problem just doesn’t work as well as you’d think. This isn’t some comic or idealistic Children’s book. This isn’t a cartoon or a movie.

This is just cold, cruel reality coming to slap us in the face every time hope comes around to lie about the despair before us.

Hope... is just a lie.

...!

What the hell am I thinking?!

Even if I’m not idealistic, I can’t let myself despair again. Not again! I won’t let that happen! I have to at least stay focused!

After shaking the petals off her fur, Diamond went to Sweetie Belle, with a victorious grin on her face. “C’mon, let’s get going, friend!”

“Stay away from me.” Sweetie Belle said, walking away from the wanna-be princess.

Despite rejection, Diamond Tiara’s smile didn’t fade, not one bit. It’s as if her confidence was at an all time high, like nothing could stop her.

...

For some reason, she even directed her grin at me, smiled cheekily, then ran off, presumably after Sweetie Belle.

Why me?

She really is difficult to figure out.

Whatever.

Silver Spoon, running past me, and bringing Miss Cheerilee along, leaving Snails and I behind with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, who directed their glares at one another once more.

“This... Sweetie Belle hates us now?!” Scootaloo muttered.

“And it’s yer fault! Ya shoulda never went crazy!”

“I didn’t go crazy... I’m not crazy! I’m doing what’s right! YOU CAN’T JUDGE ME!” Scootaloo hung her head over, donning her hood again, followed by a lunge at Apple Bloom once more!

A left hoof headed straight for the farm mare, who charged straight into it, preparing to counter attack! With Apple Bloom’s right headed for Scootaloo, she would suddenly swing at the air, crashing on the ground miserably.

...Where did Scootaloo go?

“Let me at her! Let me go, Rumble! LET GO!” Scootaloo demanded.

Oh. I should’ve known Rumble would show up. Way to be late though.

“I can’t let you do that, Scootaloo. No more damage.” Rumble looked at me for a brief moment, like he wanted to say something, but couldn’t.

With a sudden burst of speed, he carried Scootaloo away despite her protests.

Rumble’s expression of bitterness... maybe he regrets being late?

That’s the impression I got, given what I know about that guy.

“Apple Bloom?” Snails called out to the crusader left behind with us.

“Whelp! Time to go find mah cutie mark!” Apple Bloom turned to us with a huge grin and widened eyes. “Cutie Mark Crusader Apple Bloom GOOOOOOOO!”

“A-Apple Bloom?! What?” Snails nervously said, freaked out by her sudden excitement.

To be honest, so was I.

If I had one word to describe her eyes and smile right now it would be...

‘Demonic’.

“Wanna come with me ya’ll? C’mon!”

“Uhh, I have my cutie mark already, so uhh...” Snails reminded her.

“...” Apple Bloom opened her mouth, but immediately stopped the moment she looked to me, giving me a scornful vibe.

“Oh, right, I forgot, you don’t care about talent n’ cutie marks, and finding out what yer purpose in life is! Ya think ya ain’t no friend o’mine, right?”

What the hell’s that supposed to mean?

“That’s not the issue here.” I answered.

“Bye~!” Apple Bloom waved, then galloped away.

“Whatever.”

“Let’s not hold it against them, okay? They’re not themselves.” Snails said.

“Still not my business.”

“Geez, can’t you act sympathetic for just a little bit?” Snails groaned.

“Only when you start to think realistically.”

With a quick sigh, Snails spoke once again. “I know it’s not my business, but I just have a bad feeling if we leave this be. At least we need to tell the others.”

“And what good will that do?”

“I dunno! But if we don’t communicate, more of us will just die, so I gotta try something, man!” Snails ran off.

...

Communication, huh?

I can’t fault that line of logic.

________________________________________________________________________

9:52 AM, Generosity District - Shady’s Home

Track: Dangan In the Dark

I had to bring Discord’s head back with me to the house as soon as possible.

Setting the stone head on the small table near the kitchen, I turned my camera around and opened the back, revealing the used roll of film in it’s capsule.

I’m not sure how I ran out of film, but I’ll dwell on that later.

Of course, you can’t expect a reporter to come unprepared! This extra roll of film should do the trick!

Taking out the film from my front pocket and placing it into the camera, I pull the tongue of film to the other side so it’ll catch.

Now to close the back and pull the lever... then snap a sample picture to see if it’ll move.

Good. All ready.

Model for me, Discord. I know you would love to screw up my shots.

*CLICK*

Let’s get a shot on the side... now on the back... the front...

That’s one anguished face you have there. Perhaps even the God of Chaos isn’t immune to despair.

I tilt the head over, just to look under the neck area...

*CLICK*

Huh, this looks quite different.

I put my hoof on the strange, gray-ish underside of the stone head, and sure enough, it feels very strange, like a life-like texture. I even feel a little blood on my hoof as a result from touching it so much.

I should be freaking out. I should be scared.

But I’m not. I don’t feel anything. Yet, deep down, I’m hoping that he’ll just screw with my head or something. Maybe turn this house upside down, maybe spawn another head from this side.

Even if I hope for all of this, I’m not freaking out like a normal pony should.

Am I becoming desensitized to these things? If this is actual flesh and not some model, then...

Our enemy’s more powerful than we thought. Even Shining Armor’s having trouble to the point where he needs reinforcements.

Damn it...

*CLICK*

I’m still gonna need a place to develop this film, but I’ll worry about that later.

Maybe I should gotten myself one of those Magitech cameras. At least then I’d be able to see what my pictures look like.

I’m confident in my skill though, but I just want to see it.

I’ll leave the head here for now, and head off to the Honesty District. What Rumble said earlier back at the Kindness District is still bugging me.

_______________________________________________________

10:30 AM, Honesty District - Ground Zero

Ground Zero.

The name of this location changed ever since the barn was destroyed.

GIVE ME BACK MY MOOOOOOOOOOM!

Taking Dinky Doo with it.

Her screams of hatred directed at me... I can hear them even now. Maybe becoming a bit desensitized wouldn’t be bad if I can actually get some sleep.

My eyes turn to the Fruit Processing Plant nearby, resurfacing another memory.

“You...! THIS IS YOUR FAULT! You wrote that paper! You reporters...! You made me look like a monster! You just wanted revenge on Dinky, right?! You always want revenge!”

Twist’s hatred towards me as well.

......

............

Her haunting screams of agony and anguish drew me to the building.

There wasn’t anything of particular interest here.

But I still went inside, with my hooves taking me straight to the elevator.

With a quick chime, the elevator doors closed, taking me to the next floor.

What did I really do to deserve these accusations? Just why must the truth remain hidden? What good has hiding the truth ever done for anypony?

All the more reason to hunt it down.

Once the elevator doors opened, the first thing I saw was a disheveled Truffle with his back turned, eating a plate of candy very slowly.

Licking each and every morsel slowly, as if to savor the flavor, or to deliberately prolong the duration of each piece’s life.

“Truffle...?”

Track: Anime OST CD1 track 18

Our eyes met in the split second he turned his head around. The bags under his eyes... red as well. Has he been awake this whole time?

“Oh, hey, look who came into your candy shop, Twist! The reporter who’s here to put us out of business!” Truffle’s gaze was full of spite and hatred. His voice wavered, forcing a slight laugh in his words...

“Truffle, listen-”

When I went further into the room, I could see... something white, with a clump of red on top.

Oh, for Celestia’s sake.

“That’s not-”

“GET OUT! STOP TAKING AWAY OUR HAPPINESS!”

“But-”

“AAAAAAAAAARGH!”

Truffle quickly thrust forward like a bullet, prompting me to roll to the side, dodging his attack. He then takes an empty metal tray into his mouth and heads straight for me again, swinging it left and right a bit.

“You’ll pay... for your transgression!”

“I did what needed to be done! You wouldn’t be alive if I hadn’t figured out that Twist was the culprit!” I said, trying to reason... but obviously that's not helping!

After dropping the tray for a brief moment to speak, he picked it back up and charged once again, to no avail.

Despite his newfound strength powered by hate, this, unfortunately for him, made him very predictable and easy to avoid.

He’s not right in the head at all. He’s completely snapped, and it’s all my fault...?

I’m not gonna sit here and let him kill me!

I turned my eyes to the oven next to me, giving me an idea...

I’ll just let him ram straight into the thing, turn it on and-

ARGH! Again?! Damn, I’m being stupid!

I need to solve this non-violently, but I need to escape first!

Of course, he’d be the one standing between me and the exit... I need to get around him somehow... gotta draw his attention... think, Shady, think!

Don’t stop thinking...!

...

Got it! That... that white thing... and that steel rack... I’m probably going to paint an even bigger target on my back for this, but I need to bring him back to reality!

“Come on big guy!” I said, standing next to... no. I refuse to acknowledge this as Twist.

Just as I predicted, Truffled launched himself at me, allowing me to sidestep out of the way and rush to the holding rack and tilted it over.

Thankfully, I could still hear him growling in anger, but I also had to make like a frog and get out!

I rushed to the elevator, rapidly pressing the button for the first floor. It wasn’t long until Truffle suddenly started darting his way towards the elevator!

Come on, close faster!

*BAM*

A loud thud rang throughout the elevator walls the moment the doors finished closing.

I slumped against the wall, sighing in relief.

Catching my breath during the elevator’s descent, I shudder at the thought of taking another hit from a stallion that strong.

I only let him last time because I felt that would make him feel better, but I clearly saw just how wrong I was.

There’s gotta be a way to snap him out of it, and fast.

I made my way out of the processing plant posthaste.

_______________________________________________________________________

10:52 AM, Honesty District - Office Building

Track: DR Anime OST CD2 Track 10

I should’ve went here instead.

The office building stood before me, still in one piece, despite the calamity last night.

That’s good... now I have a reason to check this place out again.

I decide to head for both desks, searching through in hopes of finding something different this time around...

To no avail.

Seriously? Sure, the contents that I saw before were arranged in a way like I had never looked through it before, but still.

Then again, I won’t dismiss these documents. I was hoping for something similar to what I found at the Kindness District, but I’ll take what I can get.

I took the documents from the bottom drawer and laid them all out, flipping through them one by one, carefully scanning for anything important.

Let’s see...

A supply list with several farming tools and their prices, along with a budget. Farming Class budget, huh? Did Applejack want to teach us the meaning of hard work or something?

Let’s keep looking.

With each flip of paper brushing my forehooves, I silently tell myself, “Meh”, and “not important”.

There’s really nothing useful here.

I head over to the other desk, and as expected, it’s completely empty.

As much as I’d love to see what’s behind that wooden door at the end of the hall, it remains locked. Despite that, walked up to it anyway, making a quick examination, but still nothing different.

One thing I did notice, is the door knob itself, or rather, the lack of any keyhole.

Hmm... our homes are opened by using our ID bands to interact with our nameplates, so maybe... should I try twisting it again?

I try it again, this time using my left hoof, but nothing happened.

Looking at the door itself, I decide to examine it all around. Why can’t I open such a plain and ordinary looking door?

Wait a minute...

I squinted my eyes a bit, focusing a bit upward to notice just a tiny little hole here in the middle, just a little above my head.

Wait, it can’t be! But if this door operates the same way, then...!

__________________________________________________________________

11:10 AM

Alright, after a brief dash to and from my house, I held in my possession, my nameplate and the nail that kept it in place.

It’d be crazy if this actually worked, but it’s worth a shot.

...

Okay, all set up. Now let’s try this.

A small flicker of light emits from my ID Band, fading away like a star’s twinkle. At that moment, a small, wall-mounted device revealed itself on my right, next to the door knob.

It appears to be a key card reader.

Now we’re getting somewhere. Makes me wonder if Rumble found out about this door already. But still, I have at least one ID card on me. Let’s see...

I take out Fluttershy’s ID card and swipe it through the reader.

*BZZT*

A small red light lit up the moment a small buzz sounded. I tried to twist the knob, but no dice, just as I thought.

Guess this isn’t the right ID card? If I’m right, maybe there might be more of these cards, maybe other hidden readers too, like in the Kindness District or even the Generosity District!

Actually, let’s see...

I removed the nameplate from the door, and just as I thought, the card reader vanished, like a candle light being blown out.

Geez, this is getting ridiculous. I didn’t think the “explore freely” rule means to solve stupid puzzles too.

In any case, I better head out. I have an idea on who might have Applejack’s ID Card if Rumble’s hint is any indication.

____________________________________________________________________

11:15 AM, Honesty District - Crop Field

Track: Beautiful Ruin

As soon as I left the office building and prepared to head back through the orchid, I run into a face I haven’t seen in a while.

“Ginger? Where have you been?” I asked.

“I’ve been... doing some thinking. Reevaluating my previous thoughts on some things.”

“Previous thoughts?” I tilted my head.

“I’d... rather not talk about them right now.” Ginger bitterly smiled.

“Alright, if you say so.”

“What have you been up to though?” She asked.

“Exploring and investigating. I suppose I found some interesting things though.”

“Do tell.” Ginger smiled warmly.

With that, I proceed to tell her about the Kindness District, all that’s happened, and what I found there.

“Is that so? I’ve been thinking about Miss Cheerilee myself, so that’s one thing.” Ginger closed her eyes, referring to our teacher’s request to find her ID. “But it’s sad to hear about the infighting amongst the Crusaders. They’re a crazy little bunch, but they’re pretty much the last hope of friendship actually staying alive in this place if you ask me.”

“What do you mean?”

“Their bond, remember? Sure, they go on adventures and little escapades, but it’s charming to watch them try so hard for a cutie mark.”

“What a strange way to think. You sound like their mom.”

“Oh?” Ginger lifted her eyebrows curiously.

“You speak as if you have a cutie mark when you clearly don’t.” I look at her flank just to make sure I’m right on the money, and surely enough, it’s still blank.

“I see... by the way, I’d appreciate it if you didn’t casually look at my rear. It’s a bit perverted.”

“That wasn’t the intent!” I quickly retorted.

“I was just teasing. Tee hee.” Ginger smiled, “No need to blush so much.”

Dammit, Ginger!

“Ngh, a-anyway...”

“I may not have a cutie mark, but my merit badges are more than enough to take the place of that. I have no need for one when I’ve proven my multiple talents.”

“I guess that makes sense to an extent, but your title is still Super High-School Level Girl Scout.”

“That’s right. One of the many mysteries of our imprisonment, and perhaps an answer sealed within the dog suit... Tee hee, am I metaphorical yet?”

“Yes, Ginger, you totally are.” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Cool!” Didn’t expect her to say that kind of word. “Shall we go? To the Kindness District that is. I’d love to see my former enemies.”

She’s not referring to the Zoo, is she?

“That’s what you see them as?!”

“I think a little time together in the Everfree Forest will make you understand what I mean.”

No, I’d rather not go there. Seriously, I don’t want to! Screaming internally at the thought!

________________________________________________________________________

11:30, Kindness District - Everfree Glade

If Ginger’s seriously gonna head down there, I can’t let her go in alone.

“HALLELUJAH, MILKSHAKES, AND HEART ATTACKS! WOO HOO!”

“What the heck, man?! I’m right here!” Snails complained, covering his ears.

What.

At the entrance of the forest, I can see Pipsqueak checking behind every tree with glee, then ran up to us.

“Guys, Snails told me things! Glorious things!”

“Hey, the cutie mark crusaders tearing apart isn’t what I’d call-”

“I’m not referring to that, ya know!” Pip grabbed Snails while pointing at the entire glade. “Look at this! This place is perfect for a Test of Courage!”

“Test of Courage?”

“So you don’t know, huh Shady? Listen, and listen well! If there’s one thing I’ve learned since I’ve had to deal with huge life-changing events, is that a good scare is enough to forget all your problems! It’s like something that forces you to focus on something else, ya know! Way better than getting drunk on some hard cider, ya know!”

“I still don’t follow.” I said, feeling uneasy about this whole thing.

“I get it! If we scare them together, they’ll forget that they were even enemies!”

“Former enemies forced to fight a greater foe... sounds like something commonly found in comic books.” Ginger said, covering her mouth.

“Oh please, ain’t no heroes or whatever. Too idealistic and no sense of danger, ya know?”

“You’ve never read a comic book before.” Ginger said in a slightly irritated tone.

“I have. Ever heard of the whole Power Ponies series? Sometimes our heroes will be in trouble, only for some careless mistake on the villain’s plan, blah blah blah. I mean, it’s predictable. That’s why Horror’s the better thing, ya know.”

“Even so, criminals are punished, as always. It’s better to let things run their course, after all.” Ginger retorted.

“And where’s the fun in that? Used to talk to Dinky ‘bout the same stuff, ya know. Daring Do’s more of the self-sufficient mare, but still. I say put her in a horror situation and you never know what’ll happen. It’s refreshing to overcome the near-death experiences without some crazy amount of luck involved.”

How did an argument about Horror vs heroics break out again?

“Our current situation is as you described.” Ginger smiled, tipping the flowers a little bit with her forehoof.

“Nope. Just living a life where somepony gets axed by sellin’ us out. Stupidity at it’s finest, ya know?” Pipsqueak said smiled bitterly.

“That’s the way the horror genre is though.” I chimed in, with my little experience with it.

“....................” Pip closed his eyes, heaving a deep sigh.

“Pip?” I tilted my head, confused at his sudden silence and sudden look of disdain directed towards me.

“Hmm... maybe I shouldn’t set up this event then.” Pip said under his breath, forming a scowl.

“No, no, the test is a good idea! We just separate into groups of six and go from there!” Snails waved his hoof.

“That’s not what I had in mind though.” Pipsqueak sighed, walking around a few trees. “I was gonna head to the Rarity shop, grab a couple of clothes and stitch together a scary costume to wear so I can chase everypony around, scaring them and whatnot, like this!” Pip made some quick scaring gestures, sneaking up behind us too, “Grr, Boo, or Arr! Something like that, ya know?”

“So we’re gonna be chased by Princess Monster-Wife?” Snails lowered his eyelids.

“I don’t even know who that is, but last I checked, I’m not into crossdressing, ya know.” Pip said, somewhat confused.

“Not what I meant!” Snails yelled.

“In any case, If I do this, then everypony who participates is gonna have to promise me that they won’t be stupid, ya know.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Snails asked.

“You really are stupid if I actually have to explain it, ya know. Try being a little savvy for once.” Pip wore this slightly deadpan expression, as if to say that he honestly has no faith in us as we are.

...

“I gotcha. I promise I won’t try killing anypony.” I said, raising my hoof as if I were making a pledge.

“OH! M-me too!” Snails followed my example.

“I too, promise to not murder anypony.” Ginger bowed. Unnecessary, but I guess she just wanted to promise in her own way.

“Good! Ya know, why don’t I promise it too! I gotta stay alive long enough to break the bad news to Dinky’s mom after all.” Pip said happily, but winced as he got out that last bit.

I see. This ordeal’s been affecting him as well. He’d always divert the topic to something scary whenever he had the chance, but now I see why he does that.

“Now we just need to get everypony in on this! I totally have a way to work this, ya know!” Pip’s lips curved, making a cat-like smirk. “I just need to find out what kind of creatures everypony’s scared of! I ain’t gotta worry with Gracie ya know! All I gotta do is get Miss Cheerilee’s help and-”

*BAM*

Pip’s enthusiasm was cut short the moment his face slid through the dirt thanks to a flying trash can.

I figured she wouldn’t like that.

“Why the hell would you even try that, you little shit?!” Grace chided, marching to the downed stallion.

“Because it’s fun?” Pip happily answered despite lying face down.

“Fun?! Ya ever stopped to wonder why the hell people fear those things?!” Grace lifted Pip off the ground, continuing her chiding.

“Wait, I coulda sworn Rarity already dealt with the Diamond Dogs, Gracie uuuaaaa~aah!”

Grace shook Pip back and forth, “That ain’t the point, and stop callin’ me that!”

“Buu~ut ya give everypony nicknames~ too~aughbububu...”

“THATS ME! I do what I want, dammit! I ain’t participatin’ in some damn brave test thing! Why do I gotta!? What’s it about! Tell me dammit!”

I don’t think she even sees that he’s slowly losing consciousness.

“Err, Grace? I can explain. just put him down for a second. He’s kinda foaming at the mouth.” Snails stepped forward, putting a hoof on Grace’s back, earning a glare.

“Good! You’re taking his place if I don’t like what you say!” Grace complained.

“Well...”

Now it was Grace’s turn to hear what happened between the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

...............

“Hmm... so the Dashie Fangirl’s gotten her panties in a bunch, and the little Musical Number’s not takin’ it well eh?” Grace asked, referring to Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle respectively.

“Y-yeah! That’s right!” Snails nervously agreed, perhaps hoping that he won’t get shaken the way she did Pipsqueak.

“Hmm... Those two are easy to deal with. From what you said, the weirdest ones are definitely the Country Girl and the Rich Bitch.”

“Yes, but I hear that she plans to put an end to the fighting.” Ginger said.

“Pfft, ‘end the fighting’ my ass. I say we deal with Dashie Fangirl first. I autta piss her off, just to see what’ll happen!”

“In case you haven’t noticed, she’s still Dark Scootaloo right now, ya know!” Pip warned.

“Dark Scootaloo?” I asked.

“I decided to give her that name! Like it’s some sort of cra~zy alter ego! Besides, she gives off some crazy blood-thirsty vibes, ya know!”

“I suppose it’s safe to assume that she’s committed some serious crimes in the past, right?” Ginger followed up.

“That doesn’t matter right now, does it?” Snails asked.

“Ya know, I’d like to think it does. She’s been staring daggers at Diamond Tiara, ya know! Fighting her might not end well for any of us!” Pip said.

“What, you sayin’ I can’t kick her little flank in? I’ve been wantin’ to have a go at that crazy mare since that damn trial last night!” Grace stuck out her forehoof, striking the air.

“Now, now, we should focus on gathering everypony for this event.” Ginger smiled.

“I guess. Just make sure they agree to the rule to not take advantage of the test to do something stupid. If they can’t agree, then I say they need to stay out of it. I’m not playing suspect Pip, ya know. And by the way Shady,” Pip suddenly grinned, “Ya know, I wanna apologize for roughing ya up a bit after that last crime scene, accusing ya and stuff, but I still don’t trust ya, ya know!”

I’m not sure how I feel about that.

“Got it. I’ll see what I can do to help!” Snails said.

“Grrr, this is still some stupid shit. But I won’t kill. Promise.” Grace reluctantly agreed.

Normally, I wouldn’t buy that when you run a team called “The Genociders”.

“Fantastic! So I’ll be at the Rarity shop if you need me, ya know!” Pipsqueak started to walk away.

“Mind if I come with you, Pipsqueak? I’d like to help if possible.” Ginger asked.

“Uh, sure I guess?” Pip nervously answered.

“Good. Shall we be on our way?”

Ginger led Pip along, headed to the Generosity District.

“We better do the same. We ain’t gonna be kumbaya or whatever, but it’s better than nothin’.”

“That’s true.” I said, making my way through the glade.

“Shady, where you going? I thought we were gonna find everypony for-”

“I promised not to kill, I didn’t promise to help. Besides, I’m not invited.” I bluntly answered.

“Oh come on, don’t be like that! Pip’s probably a little shaken up since that last trial!” Snails pleaded.

“Yeah, and he has every right to be. I gave into despair once already and everypony knows that. You guys are free to have fun, but I’m gonna continue to hunt for the truth.”

“W-wait up, Shady!”
________________________________________________________________

12:03, Kindness District - Aquarium Zoo Asylum

Track: Beautiful Dead

The moment I opened the doors, my attention is already fixed on the elevators behind the reception desk.

I think I’ll take the right one first, just to see if they both go up and down, or what.

“Hang on, that one might lead to... well, that Chimera!”

“Wait, a chimera? You’re kidding!” Grace looked to Snails like he lost his mind.

“Why’d you come along? All I’m doing is investigating.” I turned my attention to Grace. Why the heck did she come along anyway?

“I’m bored. Got a problem?” Grace asked, with a slight glare.

“Naaaah~, none at all. Nope.” I said nervously.

“Good! Punch that button, Blue Snooper!”

“Right...”

The elevator doors opened, and the three of us step inside.

I guess any elevator’s better than that one.

Once the doors closed, I was prompted to check the panel to my right.

“Second floor, huh?” I muttered as I pressed my hoof against the arrow, beginning my ascent.

As the elevator slowly went up, I heard a bit of violin music playing inside, soothing my ears a bit.

Not the kind of elevator music I’m used to.

“Huh, this tune sounds like that one piece Octavia made!” Snails muttered.

“Who the hell’s Octavia?” Grace asked.

“Famous, talented, classical musician? How do you not know?!”

“Because I prefer to jam to DJ PON3’s beats! You need a better taste in music!”

“Wait, you seriously like dubstep?” Snails asked.

The elevator doors opened the moment that question was asked.

“Damn, that ain’t all she makes! Me n’ my crew just all jam to her beats while we roll to victory!” Grace argued while casually rolling on her skates, keeping up with Snails.

While the two of them go at it, I notice that we’ve arrived to what appears to be a rounded corridor, with a series of pink, tinted glass windows in front of us, giving a full view of the Glade, the flower field, and even that colossal tower.

I wonder.

...

Nope. Looks like the next district is blurred by the dense mist in the distance.

Guess I’ll head down these halls and see what I can find.

“So, your famous Roller Derby team wins by jamming to dubstep?” Snails asked.

And the banter continues to follow me.

Are they really doing this?

“Bugsy, I already told ya it ain’t dubstep!” Grace retorted.

“Sooooo, techno? Pop?”

“Well, not really, it’s more like-”

“Dubstep?” Snails smirked.

“Okay, it’s kinda Techno, kinda not! It’s more electronica or Industrial, or something!”

“But that’s dubstep. I think.” Snails retorted, snorting at the same time.

I’m surprised she hasn’t threatened to tear him limb from limb yet.

“Argh! Dammit all! Hey Blue Snooper, tell this guy that DJ-PON3’s music ain’t always dubstep!”

“No, she’s listening to dubstep! Shady you heard her music, right?” Snails suddenly whispered to me, “Tell her that she’s hearing dubstep!”

“I’d like to think the genre is called ‘I don’t care.’” I sighed.

“Come’ere you!” Grace wrapped her forearms around my neck, giving me a completely, unnecessary noogie. On reflex, I started tapping her arms and face.

“T-take it easy you guys!” Snails said, walking up to the brutish mare, but, “Aaaah!”

Welcome to the club.

“Ack! I give! I was just messing with ya! I don’t dislike dubstep!” Snails pleaded.

“It ain’t dubstep!” Grace retorted,

Dammit, don’t you know tapping out means?!

I wanted to shout that, but our struggle led us to tumble through a half-open door.

With an upside-down view, the first thing I laid eyes on was an open window letting in that oddly cool breeze.

“Damn it, that stupid bear left the AC on! Where’s the switch?!” Grace released us from her grasp, glancing at the room’s white walls.

Flipping over and getting back on my hooves, I could see a white, metallic-looking nightstand at the corner of my eye with a single plain lamp on top. Next to that, was a bed positioned at the corner of the wall with bright white sheets, but a bit wrinkled.

But that pillow...

Track: Despair-Syndrome

“Ah! B-blood!? In here!? Did somepony-”

Pressing my hoof against the slightly blood-stained pillow, it felt a bit rough, with bits of it getting on it.

“This blood’s dry already. I don’t think this is a crime scene.” I said to myself while cleaning the particles off my hoof.

“Heh, betcha that blood was recent! The air’s so cold in here, I wouldn’t be surprised if it dried quickly!” Grace surmised.

“I don’t think that’s how it works. Besides, there hasn’t been a motive to kill.” Truth be told, I wouldn’t know, but I’ll go with my gut on this one.

“I ain’t buyin’ that last part if what you guys told me still held a bit of water.” Grace sighed.

“Hey Shady, look at this!” Snails said, beckoning me over to the nightstand, or rather, what’s under it.

Huh. Looks like a notepad.

“Oh, hang on a sec!” Snails’s horn lit up, levitating the notepad from underneath, placing it on top of the night stand.

Why would there be a notepad here?

Let’s flip the pages a bit...

What!?

I’ve been exposed... I’ve been shamed for the last time... I can’t do this anymore. I just want to die. I should’ve died back then...

Why... why did she have to save me...? I’m so sorry, Truffle...

You gave me courage, and I used it to kill... I...

Just... forgive me at least.

They’re gonna find out what I’ve done... but I just wish to be forgiven.

I... never should have never done that to Dinky... she was just curious... that’s all!

But when-

“This room... you think this is where Twist had been when she got taken in for treatment?” I asked.

“Yeah, nopony deserved any of this.” Snails scowled.

Hearing some slight sobbing, I turned my attention to Grace, whom I saw bawling her eyes out.

She widened her eyes for a split second, swiftly wiping the tears off. “W-what?! I... I ain’t cryin’ dammit! This is, err, there’s an onion in here! And I’m mentally cutting it to tune y out, that’s all!”

“Grace, you...” Snails put a hoof to his face, sighing at how absurd her excuse was. I was a little surprised that he beat me to it.

“I’m tellin’ the truth dammit!” Grace protested, despite the obvious tears.

“Says the mare who Dubsteps. Nothing wrong with that.” Snails stuck his tongue out playfully, then instinctively galloped away from an embarrassed rollerblader.

“Get over here!”

“I know somepony who’ll want to see this.” I grabbed the notepad Snails dropped after Grace pulled him in for another headlock.

If this won’t calm Truffle down, I don’t know what will. This letter may end up putting him in deeper despair, but if it’ll end his rage, then so be it.

I’ll sneak out of here and head back to the Honesty District.

_______________________________________________________________________

1:23 PM, Honesty District - Fruit Processing Plant

Track: DR Anime OST CD1-17

Okay, hopefully Truffle’s still here.

Just press the button, call the elevator down, go in, and head up.

This’ll be done quickly.

As long as I don’t have a broken bone by the end, this’ll go smoothly.

...

The doors are opening...

Not long before they finish opening, I felt my whole body drawn in by my collar like a strong magnet picking up a simple paperclip.

It wasn’t long before I was thrown to the other side, with my back slamming against a table corner.

‘Ouch’ would be an understatement.

With a quick swing, i felt that same pressure from his hoof, just like last night’s trial.

Before he could take another swing, I swiftly dodged by crawling under him, while reaching for the note in my pocket.

Truthfully, all I could do was crawl, since right now, it feels as if my spine has a voice of it’s own, voicing it’s complaints clearly through the massive pain I feel.

I put the note in his face, hoping he’d read it.

*BAM!*

Ugh... so much for that. This is getting ridiculous.

“You... you’re gonna... use the strength you gave Twist... for this...?!” I coughed out, as Truffle pressed his hooves onto my chest, applying pressure each second.

“SHUT UP! BE QUIET! THIS IS FOR HER!”

“I... I HAD NO CHOICE! WE’D ALL BE DEAD IF I DIDN’T DO IT!” I choked out, trying to talk some sense.

“I DON’T CARE!”

“Open your eyes! Don’t do this! Don’t let Twist’s sacrifice be in vain! Don’t you wanna know the truth!?”

“I DON’T CARE!”

“Yes you do! Stop lying to yourself! You know Twist wouldn’t want this!”

“Then... why... why did she have to die!? Why?!” Truffle cried out.

With each tear that hit my face, the pressure he applied started to thin out bit-by-bit.

Least I can breathe now. I couldn’t let him kill me here.

“That letter you smacked out of my hoof... read it.”

“Huh?”

“Just read it. It’s better if you learn from her than me.” I muttered, clenching my teeth.

I’m really not used to being in so much pain.

But I have to keep moving. I have to deal with it.

After a few seconds, he finally lifted his hooves off of me, walking towards the note I had dropped.

He sat down, silently for several seconds as I caught my breath and shook off this pain as much as I could.

Honestly, it felt like he’d be sitting there for several minutes.

The note isn’t even that long. Is he just re-reading it?

“I’m sorry...”

“Huh?” I asked, more surprised than confused.

Suddenly, he wrapped his forearms around me, trying to crush my lungs again!

Wait a minute, he’s not mad?

Track: Desire for Execution

“I’m so sorry!” Truffle cried.

“I-it’s okay... now if you could maybe ease up a bit, that’d be great...!”

Because surely you know that I actually like to breathe, right?

“Miss Cheerilee never taught us this... this madness! Is this what we really are!? What’s happening to us?! I don’t wanna go crazy anymore! I’m scared!”

Truffle’s trembling reached my core quite easily. I can’t stay mad at him when he’s like this.

“I don’t know. But if we find the truth, then I think we’ll know. That’s more than enough motivation to stay alive, I think.” I answered.

Truffle set me down, looking to the ground, letting the teardrops tap the floor. “I... didn’t think I gave Twist any form of strength.”

“What do you mean?”

“I... all I ever did was just study my butt off and make sure to get the best grades, surpassing everypony through diligence to the tasks I’m given. My parents are strict and wanted the best for me, so, I did just that. I didn’t really care about being called fat and stuff.”

“So you had a focus. Least you went about it better though.” I commented, letting a few certain thoughts of the past briefly pass through my head.

“Even as a colt, I studied a lot, and made lots of good grades. When I made good grades the first time, Miss Cheerilee praised me for my effort. That was when I learned that feeling of hard work actually paying off.”

“And through that you became confident, right?”

“Yes. I... I didn’t care about anything else, but when Twist one day asked me out, I was nervous at first, baffled even. I didn’t know what she liked about me, and I was too scared to actually ask because I thought the chance would never come around again. So I accepted. I thought having a marefriend would be nice. Plus I thought she was kinda cute...” Truffle blushed.

“Youth at it’s finest, huh?”

Thanks a lot. Smirking actually hurts now.

“What are you, an old goat?”

Really?

“Anyway, if I gave her strength, maybe she used what she saw in me to ask me out. She wanted to be confident I guess. Maybe she thought we could be strong together, but I didn’t know that. And I let her down. I let her use that strength for murder.”

My chest tightened. I couldn’t help but feel horrible for the poor guy. I feel worse for reaching the truth behind Dinky’s murder, sending Twist to her execution.

But...!

“All the more reason to find the truth!”

“Huh?!”

“I apologize for getting Twist killed, but it had to be done. I didn’t want to die before knowing the truth. You want to know it too, right? Can you honestly say you’d be okay with dying without knowing anything?”

“I don’t know! But Twist didn’t deserve to die!”

“Nopony deserved it, but here we are! We’re alive! We can still reach the truth as long as we’re alive! Don’t you want to know who set this sick game up?! Don’t you want to take your anger out on the mastermind?!”

“Yeah, now that you mention it, the mastermind behind this whole game... Twist would be alive if this game had never started. What did we ever do to deserve this?”

“Right! I refuse to die until I learn the truth! Whoever the mastermind is... I think my revenge would be more justified against them instead.”

“Wha- You still want revenge?!”

“When Snips died, I felt empty. I... can’t really put that emptiness into words. But I feel that I need to know the truth.”

“I’m not sure I quite like your reasons. I have a bad feeling about them, but I’ll help you anyway. I want to know the truth too!”

“Goo- err, hang on, what do you mean you don’t like my reasons? Why are you helping me then?”

Track: Beautiful Days

“Because we’re friends! Or... err, so I’d like to think.”

...

Seriously?

“Sure, I guess? I mean, I can’t say I’ve had friends other than Featherweight... just acquaintances and all and, err...”

“Oh, come on, Shady! No need to feel embarrassed!”

“I’m not embarrassed! I’m just surprised you’d even consider me of all ponies a friend!”

After nearly killing me three times already.

Can’t say I hate the thought though.

“Anyway, let’s get outta here. I need a shower.”

“Aside from that, a lot’s happened during your little ‘phase’.”

With his desire to know, I decided to give him the news as we made our way back to the housing area.

_________________________________________________________________________

2:02 PM, Generosity District - Housing Area

“I see. OH! Speaking of Apple Bloom, I just remembered something!” Truffle gasped, twitching his ears.

“What’s that?”

“I saw her going into that office building-like place last night!” Truffle pointed to the Honesty District excitedly.

“Wait, what?!”

“I just remembered as soon as you mentioned her name!”

“She went in, then quickly left, paced around the entrance, then walked away. It’s like she was fidgeting about something, but I don’t know what.”

“Hmm, I see. I have an idea then in case I can’t find her today.”

“Oh, I wish I knew where she was right now. Why are you looking for her?”

“No reason.” I didn’t feel like making up an excuse. Being honest would be fair, but part of me still didn’t like getting beaten down.

“Wait a minute, are you gonna ask her hand for, THE DATE?!” Truffle gasped, genuinely shocked at the possibility.

“NO! It’s not like that! She just has something important!” I retorted, wondering where he even got that idea from.

“Like your heart! Hmm, hmm. I see... I’d like to think I’m an agent of love or something, so I think I can help-”

“Stop right there! First of all, you asked for my help when dealing with Twist, and second, you’re misunderstanding something here!”

“Oh? Then what is the important thing?”

“A clue that may lead to the truth about this whole game! Maybe!” I looked away the moment I let out that last word.

I do need that ID card.

“So it’s on a whim?”

“Not really. If anything, it’s something Rumble said to me this morning that got me to seek her out.”

“Wait, you’re going by Rumble’s words? Hasn’t that guy caused enough damage already!?”

“I know, but he’s... he’s helped me on more than one occasion. He’s cryptic, but whenever he leaves a clue, I tend to make some kind of discovery or come to a realization, I don’t know!”

“Hmm. you don’t like him instead, right? Not that I’m against Coltcuddling, but-”

“Again, you’re misunderstanding!” I corrected, then put a hoof to my head, sighing, “Just take your shower already.”

I don’t know what compelled me to try to shove the big guy into his home, but I’m regretting it a little. Maybe if I was strong as Featherweight’s brother, then I’d be able to make him budge a bit.

“Well yes, but-” Truffle tried to protest, but nope. Not having any of it.

“And get some sleep too! You’ve been up all night!” I advised. In fact, I’d prioritize a good sleep over anything else if I had to.

“Sure, I guess?”

Truffle went into his home finally. *phew*

I think I need to start working out.

Alright, let’s head back to the Honesty District, and... oh.

“Looking fer me?” Apple Bloom asked, with a smile plastered on her face, like she was wearing a plastic mask.

“Were you listening in?”

“Of course! Ya’ll talked about the end of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!”

Track: Beautiful Ruin

...

“I need to ask some questions.” I said, changing the subject. I have a feeling that if I went on about the crusaders, it wouldn’t end very well.

“Oh?”

“Do you have Applejack’s ID Card?”

“...” Apple Bloom went silent, with that smile of hers still there, unwavering. I can’t tell if she’s forcing it or if she’s just smiling just for the sake of it.

“What gave ya that idea?”

“Rumble said something strange earlier this morning, like how he put a certain thing ‘back where it belong’”. I thought he put it back in that office building, but I think if I follow a certain line of logic, her ID card would be in the hooves of her sister.”

I always wondered about Apple Bloom’s hat that she wears tied behind her neck. That hat always looked a little familiar, fluttering a bit thanks to the abnormally cool breeze.

“Ah’ see! So that’s how ya think! That there’s a nice way of thinkin’. But lemmie question ya before Ah’ answer yer question.”

“Huh?”

“Ah’ implore ya to answer these questions.”

When Apple Bloom said that, with emphasis on the word ‘implore’, I felt a shiver down my spine when I looked into her dead eyes. That’s not how you beg somepony to do anything.

She’s seriously making my tail twitch, almost like I’m emulating Pinkie Pie senses.

Track: Despair Syndrome

“Ask away...” I sighed, trying to calm my nerves.

“If a friend were to help a friend, that ends in death, who’s really at fault?”

“Huh?”

“Ah’ implore you to answer.”

“W-well... that depends on the circumstances behind the death. I can’t answer a question like that without details.”

“Ah’ guess Ah’ autta drop them curtains, huh? Ah’ meant the last case.”

Oh, well that makes this easier then!

“Twist made her decision, and she took responsibility in the end.” Answering honestly.

“Oh! That’s what Ah’ thought too! Twist made her mind up! She had that free will! She ain’t have to use’er talent either! Her precious, super special talent didn’t get used for murder.”

“Where are you going with this-”

“NEXT QUESTION!” Apple Bloom shouted, “Let’s see here; Who here do ya think Sweetie Belle hates right now? Me, for agreein’ to help Twist out without prior murder knowledge, or Scootaloo, for striking her own friends?”

“I can’t speak for Sweetie Belle. I’d have to ask her.” I bluntly answered.

I honestly can’t help her if I don’t know how Sweetie Belle thinks.

“That’s right, ya don’t know nothin’ ‘bout mah friends, huh? Well, talk to’er fer me, and I’ll see to it that yer questions get answered! Ah’ll be at the usual spot if ya need me!”

Apple Bloom galloped away suddenly, leaving me with another task.

‘Talk to Sweetie Belle’.

Telling Apple Bloom to do that herself might not end well for me.

Is Sweetie Belle even in the mood to talk at all?

*Sigh*, I really have to do this, huh?